1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-23, 22:35   Link #61
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I ask again:

HOW DID THEY MAKE THIS SERIES SO MUCH MORE ENTERTAINING THAN NORMAL GUNDAM??!!

Awesome hax Mega Size Zaku II, CHECK
Team-up to defeat Mega Size Zaku II, CHECK
Some more plot progression, CHECK
The beginnings of ReijixAila, CHECK

And no episode next week? After an episode like this? The term "waterboarding" comes to mind. Dang you Sunrise. >.>
I can't agree more. This show is awesome. They're really making up for the failure that is AGE.

I'll take one HG Star Build Strike, please.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 01:04   Link #62
hamazura
whatever

yeah srsly this series is the best gundam series ever, any universal century or even turn-a cant beat this series
Old 2013-12-24, 04:01   Link #63
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Sei seriously needs to make a gunpla that can cope/cater w/ his "limited" abilities atm. He's still the "main" main character and as fun as he is, It would make it more the better if he can be a match on his own against high or mid to high tier openents. I like Reigi and all, his backstory and etc. But there are things too still unanswered on Sei like on what the hell is his father doing or on why he sucks as pilot. Then again, he could just literally suck as a pilot and I won't judge anything against since he's just as fun to watch as Reige. (the part back ep 11? where Yuuki showed his face-lol sei's reaction to that was just pure lols.)

Oh yeah, Fellini, I expect epicness from him.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 05:21   Link #64
hamazura
whatever

his father is in reiji's world right now fighting almighty turn-a
Old 2013-12-24, 05:24   Link #65
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Sei seriously needs to make a gunpla that can cope/cater w/ his "limited" abilities atm. He's still the "main" main character and as fun as he is, It would make it more the better if he can be a match on his own against high or mid to high tier openents. I like Reigi and all, his backstory and etc. But there are things too still unanswered on Sei like on what the hell is his father doing or on why he sucks as pilot. Then again, he could just literally suck as a pilot and I won't judge anything against since he's just as fun to watch as Reige. (the part back ep 11? where Yuuki showed his face-lol sei's reaction to that was just pure lols.)

Oh yeah, Fellini, I expect epicness from him.
You don't need to be good at playing what you craft for it to be a good product. Many top game designers are not actually good at playing the games they make.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 09:55   Link #66
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^^ Sei is perfectly fine as he is.
To be honest, I would hate it if he magically developed good piloting abilities like... literally every generic main character in the shonen/action genre.
It would make the show a whole lot less interesting, as it's nice and refreshing to have a MC who simply excels in his own field and does not suddenly develop unrealistic skills he was shown to not have an aptitude for.

It's much more interesting to see him continue to develop his own set of skills, imo.
Old 2013-12-24, 10:28   Link #67
hamazura
whatever

well, sei magically developed 3 super imba system instantly, so he is one of generic shonen main character too
Old 2013-12-24, 11:06   Link #68
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
You don't need to be good at playing what you craft for it to be a good product. Many top game designers are not actually good at playing the games they make.
perfectly suitable to what I'm saying that he should custom a gunpla perfectly suited to him since he is a top tier builder. I'm not really asking an imba power up, just some subtle hints that he himself could be great just like his dad.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 12:00   Link #69
rulfo

I thought I'd never like a gundam show ever again after they screwed up 00 season 2 and AGE.

Literally my favorite anime of the season.
Old 2013-12-24, 12:46   Link #70
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
well, sei magically developed 3 super imba system instantly, so he is one of generic shonen main character too
But it's the one thing he's shown a specific talent for. The generic (and not particularly interesting) shonen main character would be a genius at building/programming/designing AND controlling/playing/fighting/whatever a la Amuro/Kira/Flit. They're typically multi-talented.

Not to mention that it's comparatively unusual for the MC's specific talent to be the program/design/create portion rather than the fight/haxx portion (although normally they do both, which has become a pretty cringeworthy trait).
The split between creator (Sei) and fighter (Reiji) is a nice and not that common and I hope it stays that way.

Some people are better at things other than the actual gameplay, what's wrong with that?
Old 2013-12-24, 13:01   Link #71
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Is the 50% Reiji's Evasion rate?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 13:44   Link #72
kobun

We have yet to see a strike freedom right? Is that the next update to star build strike? I hope so
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 18:05   Link #73
blaspot
\o/

Oh man... I thought this is suppose to be a show for kids.

This show is so entertaining i watched EP1 ~ 12 in one sitting.

10/10 for every episode
blaspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 23:27   Link #74
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
This I remember playing rise of the triad remake with some of the devs there where not as good as I expected.

Really don't see what people are seeing is so good about this series its decent but well its not great. Sorry but first off um the game mechanics has many flaws in what characters they make good I mean becoming good at the game and learning particles is not super hard. Any smart person would have figured it out after the first tourny.

Give your suit balance between weapons. A good suit will have have a mix between beam and physical weapons, Learn how to cancel out plasky particle based weapons and abuse it to make beam weapons stronger.Have a decent amount of psyhical weapons because plasky particles can be canceled out. Now the reason some one would not just use psyhical weapons is because beam weapons are faster so pretty much use physical weapon first as a mask for the beam attack. Not rocket science.

funnels sorry but since there are no new types funnels would be A.I. controlled which means no matter how they write in a weakness to them later they are op epsecially psyhical funnels like that girls lance funnels. How are funnels even A.I. controlled this is not a video game there is no A.I.

How are there A.I. controlled units we were told that the particles can make units move but never of such a advanced A.I. capable of making the units move in place of a pilot having such a advance artificial intelligence would be a ground breaking technology even above Plasky particles. If such A.I. existed most things in the world would be automated like self driving cars and etc. Litterally A.I. controlled units just showed up one random episode with out zero explanation. Their is a huge difference between a A.I. moving pixels and a game and actual physical objects. Ill just chalk that up to this being a kids show so them not having to explain it but really come on.

Ral always knowing everything sorry I don't care if it is a homage to older gundam characters the old fart knows to much. No person is going to know when stuff is going down or is fishy automatically.

The girl not knowing Reiji is a pilot at that the pilot of star build strike come on how is that one even possible you watch him on freaking t.v. and he has no secret identity that's not even possible to not know.

Honestly this series has quite a few flaws please stop rating it so high due to the gundam service. I give it a 7 or 8 out of ten so far

The main characters are still hacks splitting the talents between 2 people does not make it any less of a marry sue when together.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-12-24 at 23:53.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 01:02   Link #75
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
T
Really don't see what people are seeing is so good about this series its decent but well its not great. Sorry but first off um the game mechanics has many flaws in what characters they make good I mean becoming good at the game and learning particles is not super hard. Any smart person would have figured it out after the first tourny.
Actually, they'd need to figure out the underlying mechanics behind Plavsky Particles first, which typically needs time to figure out. And because it's a physical property and not digital, figuring it out is harder than bringing up an exe. and looking around.

Quote:
Give your suit balance between weapons. A good suit will have have a mix between beam and physical weapons, Learn how to cancel out plasky particle based weapons and abuse it to make beam weapons stronger.Have a decent amount of psyhical weapons because plasky particles can be canceled out. Now the reason some one would not just use psyhical weapons is because beam weapons are faster so pretty much use physical weapon first as a mask for the beam attack. Not rocket science.
That would be the ideal. In reality though, not all players have the skill, imagination or resources to build their ideal MS capable of defeating everything at once.

Quote:
How are funnels even A.I. controlled this is not a video game there is no A.I.
You forget episode 8, where we see Nils fighting against an AI-controlled and created G-Savior.

Quote:
Their is a huge difference between a A.I. moving pixels and a game and actual physical objects.
Modern day unmanned aerial and ground vehicles (aka drones) already have AI capable of moving them autonomously without human input. This also applies to stuff like robots, which already use AI in stuff like construction, and AI is essential in making many modern humanoid robots move, if at least for the necessary subroutines for movement. Hell, just recently they designed AI's with the sole purpose of breaking Captcha's.

Your view of AI is way too narrow, in so far as capabilities. There are multiple levels of AI in real life, and we already assign them to programs that don't have anything resembling sentience or sapience, and sometimes not even complicated programs are classified as AI's due to their abilities.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 03:09   Link #76
Skye629

Quote:
This I remember playing rise of the triad remake with some of the devs there where not as good as I expected.

funnels sorry but since there are no new types funnels would be A.I. controlled which means no matter how they write in a weakness to them later they are op epsecially psyhical funnels like that girls lance funnels. How are funnels even A.I. controlled this is not a video game there is no A.I.

How are there A.I. controlled units we were told that the particles can make units move but never of such a advanced A.I. capable of making the units move in place of a pilot having such a advance artificial intelligence would be a ground breaking technology even above Plasky particles. If such A.I. existed most things in the world would be automated like self driving cars and etc. Litterally A.I. controlled units just showed up one random episode with out zero explanation. Their is a huge difference between a A.I. moving pixels and a game and actual physical objects. Ill just chalk that up to this being a kids show so them not having to explain it but really come on.

Ral always knowing everything sorry I don't care if it is a homage to older gundam characters the old fart knows to much. No person is going to know when stuff is going down or is fishy automatically.

The girl not knowing Reiji is a pilot at that the pilot of star build strike come on how is that one even possible you watch him on freaking t.v. and he has no secret identity that's not even possible to not know.

Honestly this series has quite a few flaws please stop rating it so high due to the gundam service. I give it a 7 or 8 out of ten so far

The main characters are still hacks splitting the talents between 2 people does not make it any less of a marry sue when together.
I would be careful if I were you, especially telling people how to judge something (based on your own views) when we all judge things differently

And if you want to go THAT much into how flawed something is, I can pull up a random Gundam series and give you just as much, if not more, flaws due to the fact that the other series actually have a war drama with such machines

And besides, you have to remember that this series is catering both to kids (kids like flashy unrealistic stuff, they dont care as much about details and specifics) AND the old fans (who don't want bullshit like AGE provided), so all the fanservice is quite acceptable if not downright awesome

Doing it in broken English is not helping either (I'll forgive you if its not your native language though, I have seen much worse so don't take that personally)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 04:44   Link #77
hamazura
whatever

wow so much tl;dr

ups OOT... i will just say sei mom is awesome and her husband can go die
Old 2013-12-25, 17:35   Link #78
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I would be careful if I were you, especially telling people how to judge something (based on your own views) when we all judge things differently

And if you want to go THAT much into how flawed something is, I can pull up a random Gundam series and give you just as much, if not more, flaws due to the fact that the other series actually have a war drama with such machines

And besides, you have to remember that this series is catering both to kids (kids like flashy unrealistic stuff, they dont care as much about details and specifics) AND the old fans (who don't want bullshit like AGE provided), so all the fanservice is quite acceptable if not downright awesome

Doing it in broken English is not helping either (I'll forgive you if its not your native language though, I have seen much worse so don't take that personally)
The thing is with age all of its issues come from pacing since the maker was used to making video games.

The little focus of side characters and how most of them where gone with out explanation after a ark. In a video game this would work the npc helps you in one area you move on to a new one with out caring about them.

The rushed death of Zeheart the ova made up for this ten fold plus this was mainly due to time constraints. To much story for to little time fine for a video game but not a anime.

The new character showing up and getting 3 episodes dedicated to them to die later no different than a boss in a video game you deal with them in a mini arc then move on.

The series being a kids show...The deaths count in this series is pretty high even for gundam actually even with Kio going around saying no killing and the happy ending he really failed as more than half of both sides were dead.

Fact remains gundam age was a decent series and gets bashed to much and the potential is there for it to be a great series if given a proper writer just to repace the show. To call a show bad due to some bad pacing and character designs they don't like which are not that bad btw is just wrong.

To who ever corrected me about A.I. thankyou I am not that knowledgeable in robotics so did not know how easily such stuff could be done.
Old 2013-12-25, 21:29   Link #79
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
The thing is with age all of its issues come from pacing since the maker was used to making video games.

The little focus of side characters and how most of them where gone with out explanation after a ark. In a video game this would work the npc helps you in one area you move on to a new one with out caring about them.

The rushed death of Zeheart the ova made up for this ten fold plus this was mainly due to time constraints. To much story for to little time fine for a video game but not a anime.

The new character showing up and getting 3 episodes dedicated to them to die later no different than a boss in a video game you deal with them in a mini arc then move on.

The series being a kids show...The deaths count in this series is pretty high even for gundam actually even with Kio going around saying no killing and the happy ending he really failed as more than half of both sides were dead.

Fact remains gundam age was a decent series and gets bashed to much and the potential is there for it to be a great series if given a proper writer just to repace the show. To call a show bad due to some bad pacing and character designs they don't like which are not that bad btw is just wrong.

To who ever corrected me about A.I. thankyou I am not that knowledgeable in robotics so did not know how easily such stuff could be done.
LOL let's not digress ok, this is after all an episode thread for GBF, not AGE.

But I would like to add in a few words. Every series, whether they fared badly or not in the end, had potential. What determines the success of the series IMO is the execution of the show: the fight choreography, the quality of writing, the design and depth of the main characters etc. And not forgetting the reception of the series by the Japanese viewers (as for AGE, kids), which is really the main target group of every Gundam series. AGE's concept however was poorly conceived from the beginning, and thus kids avoided the show in droves.

Now back to topic:

I wonder how future series is going to live up to the standard that GBF set for the franchise, or that GBF is an exception. I think the latter.. IMO ReijixSei should really stop showing off. It's not going to them any good, other than the fact that kids would be squimming at the gimmicks displayed by the SB Strike and that Bandai will stand to profit eventually LOL.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 00:31   Link #80
BoyTitan

Well after GBF is origin so we have another good series coming and who knows if there will be a new gundam after that. I mean gundam has to stop making series eventually.