AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-12, 18:31   Link #20841
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
lelouch was faced with a choice
the girls life on the one hand, or his overall grand goal on the other
sacrificing the girl improves his chances of achiving his goal
sparing her makes his goal harder to achive, but gives her a chance to live her life

in both cases he made his choice to spare the girl
but in season 1 he made a stupid comment that ended up sacrificing euphie anyway
with kallen it would have been even easier to fuck up
he may not have his geass handy (since she's been geassed before) but he doesnt need it
all he needs to do is give her a hint about his true feelings, and that would be all it takes
Old 2009-07-12, 19:43   Link #20842
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Yeah, and i am saying, that with Euphie he intended to screw her, then he regretted it but karma bite his ass.
With Kallen, he had no such intentions from the beginning. That is a major difference.
He wanted to "spare" Kallen, from the very start.

On a random note now, isn;t is kind of funny, that in Turn 9, when we have the "accident" {my ass, Kallen slipped off on purpose 8D} it is really lulzy, how no one asks, if the other is alright? I mean, it would be courteous for Kallen or Lelouch to be "ah, are you ok?" But no, they are too busy staring at each other's eyes {and more things i suppose, haha} and having an intimate convo. Always thought, that this was pretty epic. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 20:06   Link #20843
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Yeah, and i am saying, that with Euphie he intended to screw her, then he regretted it but karma bite his ass.
With Kallen, he had no such intentions from the beginning. That is a major difference.
He wanted to "spare" Kallen, from the very start.
But Euphie's plan as Lelouch saw it as first was going to screw everything up, so he had to do something, though granted, his idea was too extreme. And that wasn't karma what happened afterwards, it was just incredible irony.

Kallen on the other hand apparently wasn't seen as much as of an obstacle by Lelouch.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 20:07   Link #20844
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
But Euphie's plan as Lelouch saw it as first was going to screw everything up, so he had to do something, though granted, his idea was too extreme. And that wasn't karma what happened afterwards, it was just incredible irony.

Kallen on the other hand apparently wasn't seen as much as of an obstacle by Lelouch.
Actually it could solve things in a way, it would just mess with Lelouch;s plans but that is another convo.

I am just saying, that with Kallen knew he had to do this and that. Simple. Drive her away, one way or the other.

p.s yeah ok, screwed-up karma.
Old 2009-07-12, 20:10   Link #20845
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
This would assume he severely underestimated her, a doubtful conclusion at best. She was an obstacle worth overcoming for her sake, rather than avoiding the problem for his own.
Old 2009-07-12, 20:16   Link #20846
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Actually it could solve things in a way, it would just mess with Lelouch;s plans but that is another convo.
Euphie would become an impediment to the Black Knights and the rebellion against Britannia though without her intent to step down from her right to the throne though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist
This would assume he severely underestimated her, a doubtful conclusion at best. She was an obstacle worth overcoming for her sake, rather than avoiding the problem for his own.
Well yeah. I'm just comparing it to the above Euphie/SAZ scenario though.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 00:17   Link #20847
Nobodyman9
Banned

Hmm, an interesting a comparison blade. I do think there are some similarities, but I don't think they're vastly similar (otherwise we probably would've noticed by now) Lelouch came to Euphie because he wanted to resolve the SAZ matter which would've pretty much brought his efforts to an end, and the meeting with Kallen was more about a final farewell. The Euphie ended in tragedy due to his mishandling of his geass powers and his pointless chatter. I don't think this would've been an issue during his meeting with Kallen, but I guess you could say that by then he had learned to keep his mouth shut and watch what he says, but I think at this point it was all too obvious. He couldn't say anything that would cause Kallen to want to follow him. Thus, personally, I think, while the two incidents may have some similarities, I don't think they logically follow or parallel one another.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 16:02   Link #20848
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Kallen is in my top 5 char list, mainly because most of the animes i watch, the chick in it does nothing or only does medical things. But Kallen, she goes out to the front lines to kick ass.

And Kallen believed in Zero's miracles, which is the fact she stayed alive. Which is good, I probably would've stopped watching the anime had she died.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 16:17   Link #20849
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Kallen is indeed my favorite of the ladies of Code Geass, though I've always had a girlcrush on Kaguya Sumeragi. ^^;

Kallen's an interesting character in that she's the distaff counterpart to the usual hot-blooded Super Robot protagonist in a show that swings much more toward the Real Robot end of the spectrum. While Lelouch is a well-intentioned extremist in the vein of Char Aznable (portrayed as a villain protagonist) and Suzaku is the typical mecha hero put in the antagonist's seat--Code Geass certainly does not play with characters by half-measure.

It's a show that twists all the usual mecha tropes--instead of subverting them hard like NGE does, it merely plays them differently than usual. And this is certainly a good thing. Kallen's hot-blooded, beyond the impossible, brilliant fighting spirit would fit equally well in GaoGaiGar or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as it does in Code Geass.

I mean, come on. Guren SEITEN Eight Elements Type is pretty much an expy of the other Gurren.
Old 2009-07-13, 17:05   Link #20850
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kallen really is awesome
badass, hot blooded, with a really sweet and idealistic side
the badassness makes her sweet side all the more sweet
and her sweet side makes her all the more badass

and of course
Spoiler for how can we forget:
Old 2009-07-13, 17:16   Link #20851
incorrupts
Banned

Kallen makes the lesbian inside me happy in a nutshell, haha. {and i am a total boywhore lol}

The girl got epic qualities and what really makes me "woah, dude, she is on the level of asuka for me and a bit ahead of Lagann-Yoko" is her sense of justice. That one alone, is pure win and what pretty much everyone really appreciates. Fighto, fighto for your ideals, yeeep. //when did this turn into, an epic opus for Kallen? Oh wait, it is the Kallen thread, yeah, haha.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:48   Link #20852
yvj
U Mad?

Hmm tell us more about this lesbian side

So Kallen.

She's badass and she's fine as hell.

Personally I don't see the appeal.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:52   Link #20853
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

So Kallen.

its the mecha
the guren is the god of the new world (that lelouch destroyed and created)
Old 2009-07-13, 19:01   Link #20854
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and of course
Spoiler for how can we forget:
That image is the comfirm her breastsize change every time like the episode/animator team.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 19:04   Link #20855
yvj
U Mad?

Inflatable bewbs

Hilarious
Old 2009-07-13, 19:15   Link #20856
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Her boobs frighten me in that picture DDDDD:
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 20:01   Link #20857
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

So Kallen.

The appeal for me personally is that it's a typically male role being played by a woman. She fills in the Kamina/Domon Kasshu/Graham Aker role in a mecha story, and as you can see, these character archetypes are usually male.

This makes her interesting, since it causes the archetype to play differently.

I could personally care less about her chest and actually wish that the entirety of the Code Geass female cast had more realistic breast sizes. Gag boobs in a series meant to be taken seriously (as opposed to a harem or romantic comedy story) seem to be ridiculously out of place.

And in the latter part of R2, especially that ugly dress, Kallen's "talents" sure look ridiculous.
Old 2009-07-13, 20:02   Link #20858
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Her boobs frighten me in that picture DDDDD:
The anorexic arms too, really the right body for a girl able to knock-down a male big three-time her with a single punch.

However, in the anime the breast size is very out of coherence looking body proportions, but it's a classic inside japan cartoons, like the anime eyes.
You can consider them a sort of parody the japan people made of themselves on purpose.

However about THIS anime, for to make a example, nonette and cornelia boobs are more out-of-realism of kallen's boobs.

Japanese have a different mentality, about me, a too much big breast trouble me, like queen's blade, there the women bodies are ridiculous, but that's a half-hentai anime.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 22:50   Link #20859
Nobodyman9
Banned

Honestly, Kallen's a very complex character for me. I think I have some kind of deep-rooted psychological issue that's keeping me from enjoying her character to the extent that I should, but I won't go into that.

Aside from that, I really can't think of a sensible reason to not like her. She's badass, kickass and she's got a fine ass. She's one of, if not the most epic pilot on the show. She's got a very powerful sense of justice, honor and loyalty. So yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. I guess the only thing I could hate her for is for being too awesome
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:20   Link #20860
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Honestly, Kallen's a very complex character for me. I think I have some kind of deep-rooted psychological issue that's keeping me from enjoying her character to the extent that I should, but I won't go into that.
A common side effect of ShirLulu shipping. ^^;