AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-02-25, 02:42   Link #1
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Favorite Tsundere

Who is your favorite Tsundere Female Character

Tsunderes are characters which at first is a bit defensive and seems to hate the person she likes but then she gets soft and starts liking the person. The meaning gets tossed around and has a lot of other meanings but this is technically the gist of it.

Examples of Tsunderes are Shana (SnS), Mikoto Misaka (Railgun), Rin Tousaka (FS/N) Kirino Kousaka (OreImo)

You must explain how she is a Tsundere and why is she your favorite out of the millions of tsunderes in anime.
Old 2011-02-25, 04:27   Link #2
GreatTeacherKen

Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky Star)- an example of a tsundere in a non-romantic context (though I'm well aware that many people ship her with Konata )

Her tsun side is mostly expressed through sarcastic comments towards Konata as opposed to physical violence unlike other tsunderes. I like this more subdued approach since watching tsunderes express their tsun side through violence gets old for me after a while, not to mention it could start straining suspension of disbelief if it's taken too far.

However, there are moments where Kagami's dere side comes through, often whenever she feels lonely and shows that she does treasure Konata as a friend and vice versa. She is very adorable whenever these moments crop up. One of the most heartwarming examples of this occurs in the school trip episode.

Spoiler for episode 21:

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2011-02-25 at 22:11.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:29   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I usually dislike Tsunderes in general, so in all my years of watching I've only really liked two:

Tsukishima Aoba (Cross Game)
Aisaka Taiga (Toradora!)
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:33   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My favourites are Tohsaka Rin from Fate Stay Night (Her being a closet bisexual is huge plus) and Aisaka Taiga from Toradora! (Her clumsiness is just hilarious)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 07:13   Link #5
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I usually hate tsunderes, BUT exceptions have to be made.

Rin Tohsaka for being charismatic, witty and generally awesome. She has a fairly well balanced character, so we get to see a number of aspects of her personality. I definitely can buy her character.

Shana-- I'm actually more into her serious bzness no nonsense ass kicking side. But her other side of having to interact with people makes her a more interesting character. She does notably pout less as the series continues, indicating character development.

Kyou Fujibayashi is pretty cool too, and is very dere. Though she does get kind of over the top at times and acts a bit too immature, which knocks her below the other two. But still very good.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 08:04   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, it seems I'm the only one that have Tsunderes as my default favorites !!

But if I were to pick the ones that really make it for me... Wow, let's rewind the clocks seven years.

1. Kyoyama Anna from Shaman King

Oh my god this girl... This was my first tsundere love before I had even heard of the word 'tsundere'. At that time she was the harshest woman/girl I have ever read in the manga, a rough estimate of 97% Tsun. Yup those were the days- I won't lie, it was hard to love Anna and at times I don't even know if she actually likes the guy or not... But my God, when that 3% of dere that eventually showed itself... That my friend, was the sweetest honey made from the nectar of the Gods.... Till this day her back story was still one of my most memorable love stories in Manga.

2. Shana from Shakugan no Shana

The modern day Tigress Queen of Tsunderes. Anna might be my first, but Shana would be the one that ignited my love for tsunderes. Her progression from Tsun to Dere was an amazing journey to behold and one of the few that really made me 'awwww' inside , Her two sides of serious and girly are almost evenly proportional. She is the ideal, the symbol, and almost every other tsundere down the road would be compared to Shana.

3. Katsuragi Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku

Hina is a special case. Unlike most tsundere's, she doesn't have only two sides. She can talk normally to her love interests and other friends without needing to resort to a tough exterior. But when it comes to romance, she becomes that adorable bumbling Tsundere. So yeah, she's the tsundere that isn't always a tsundere, and I love that.

P.S - Anna, Shana, Hina... Lol a pattern!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 10:09   Link #7
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I-it's not like I'm responding to this thread for your sake! Jeez!

Tōko Matsudaira from Maria Watches Over Us takes the top spot if only because the defrosting process also applied to me. Not only is she one of the few characters I despised at first but ended up liking, she also became my favorite character, from this series or otherwise. With the inevitable fifth season (no reason not to, right? Deen has already gone this far), I'm looking forward to how she might console Yumi on a certain leave that's bound to happen, and how their lesbian relationship will develop.

I'll give an honorable mention to Tomari Kurusu from Kashimashi. Her dere side was cute enough, but coupled with episode 12 and I actually started to tear up.

By the way, I didn't know Rie Kugimiya voiced Tōko until after the fact. Am I infected with something?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 10:18   Link #8
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I like the tolerable tsundre's like biribiri and Rin.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:41   Link #9
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Normally I would'nt like tsunderes much, as they appear to me too pushy or annoying.

but 1 notable exception is misaka mikoto. There seems to be a different air about her.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 16:14   Link #10
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I usually dislike Tsunderes in general, so in all my years of watching I've only really liked two:

Tsukishima Aoba (Cross Game)
Aisaka Taiga (Toradora!)
Pretty much those two for me too,the only other I'll add is:

Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
Old 2011-02-25, 17:11   Link #11
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'd say Motoko Aoyoma from Love Hina (manga) and Misaka Mikoto from Index/Railgun.

Rin from FSN is another favorite.
Old 2011-02-25, 17:52   Link #12
Konata42

Kagami

Konata42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 17:59   Link #13
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I am not a fan of tsunderes in anime in general, but there are 2 notable exceptions that immediately come to mind:

1. Katsuragi Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku

and

2. Misaka Mikoto (aka Railgun) from the Index series
Old 2011-02-25, 19:23   Link #14
Deathscyther

1. Shana

The first anime girl I really liked. So I guess I'm kind of biased

I especially love the development of her character. She starts out as a badass character who acts without letting her emotions cloud her judgement. After meeting a certain boy she starts experiencing new feelings/emotions. She tries to hide her true emotions behind a cold and badass facade, but she doesn't know how to handle these new emotions and gets annoyed by this. I guess you could say she was 90% tsun and 10% dere at the beginning.

She softens up as the story goes on and even starts accepting her feelings. She for the most part drops her facade and acts like herself around the boy.
It isn't long before she drops the facade altogether. She becomes a well balanced character who can act really tsun and really dere when she wants to, but stays in the middle (50% tsun/50% dere) most of the time.

I cannot help but compare every other tsundere to Shana.

2. Aisaka Taiga

Kinda the same reason as above. Her development from tsuntsun to tsundere is amazing to watch. The Taiga of the last episode is like a completely different character than the one of the first episode.

She can act very harsh and Tsun, but has a clumsy dere side which makes up for it.
Old 2011-02-25, 20:26   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Shana of course! Deathscyther seems to have a good summary on the things I liked about her.
Old 2011-02-25, 20:39   Link #16
Tri-ring

If you are going to talk about Tsundere then you'll need to touch base with the original Tsundere, Ayukawa Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road.

She will always be my favorite.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 20:48   Link #17
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Definitely Kagami Hiiragi, hands down especially since I enjoy that that she doesn't ussually use violence as tsun side.

Other favorites I should mention:

Hitagi Senjogahara -Despite her relatively quick confession to Araragi, her treatment of him shows she's still tsundere and her personality makes her a very interesting and likable character to me.

Rin Tohsaka
- Archon Wing covered most everything about her already .

Kyou Fujibayashi - While violent at times when needed or when annoyed , she is quite a kind and caring person generally, and I think this one line can show her dere side very well
Spoiler for Clannad Episode 11:
that line was dam dere, yet fitting for a tsundere since she couldn't admit that she was the girl.

Shana - plenty of reasons mentioned above on what I like about her, though I don't think I'll see another tsundere ever ask so calmly like where babies come from like she did .

Azusa Nakano
- While her status as a tsundere is probably questioned by some since she's one in a non-romantic case(Possible Yuri Shippings Aside ) like Kagami, her tsun is ussually caused by her thinking the group doesn't focus, practice, or be serious enough in regards to their playing yet really she's the one who possible enjoy the non-serious time they spent together the most despite how she acted . Also a certain episode show her dere to very a high degree which dealt with her giving chocolate to her senpai's for valentine's day, really showed she has quite the shy and embarrassed side to her.

Though I generally like tsunderes, but I listing 6 is enough the purpose of this thread XD.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 21:03   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
If you are going to talk about Tsundere then you'll need to touch base with the original Tsundere, Ayukawa Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road.

She will always be my favorite.
Hmm ... I remember reading somewhere that Lum from the Lum manga was the "first tsundere". Not so?
Old 2011-02-26, 00:11   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

For me... it will always be Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic!).
Old 2011-02-26, 00:22   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeh most people say the original Tsundere was Lum from Urusei Yatsura.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote