Old 2006-02-16, 18:07   Link #101
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
sorry if this was posted before but....

WTF WAS THAT?!
If you read the thread, you'd see your answer has already been posted. That is a Hard Gay spoof.

This of course leads to the excellent question: WTF is Hard Gay?

Short answer: It is a Japanese TV program and you're happier never learning anything else. As for the long answer.... Don't say that I didn't warn you, but you can read all about it here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:17   Link #102
SeekAndDestroy

oh damm i watched the clips.... curse my curiosity
Old 2006-02-16, 18:20   Link #103
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekAndDestroy
oh damm i watched the clips.... curse my curiosity
I warned you. Perhaps I should have a huge red warning label saying something like

WARNING: Hard Gay!

rotflmfao

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:29   Link #104
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekAndDestroy
All of those comments about how it's easier for them to move around as dolls and stuff are completely flawed... is anyone forgetting that her powers are ILLUSIONS!!!
she could just easily make it so that people don't see them... it just so happens this works better with the story.
well that's all thrown out the window now because for some reason she can't re-enter her old body (who knows why)
Old 2006-02-16, 18:44   Link #105
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I warned you. Perhaps I should have a huge red warning label saying something like

WARNING: Hard Gay!

rotflmfao
That's better NSW. People won't ignore the all pretty red colours.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:56   Link #106
hoon
7ON

Am I the only one who noticed the similiarities of this arc with one of Yu Yu Hakusho's arc?

Spoiler for "Yu Yu Hakusho's arc:

Just pointing that out. I did like the arc though and I hope it gets better and better.

Last edited by hoon; 2006-02-16 at 19:08.
Old 2006-02-16, 19:06   Link #107
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yep that is quite similar indeed. Negative points to this arc for being even more derivative than I thought it was.

Old 2006-02-16, 19:23   Link #108
TBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon
Just pointing that out. I did like the arc though and I hope it gets better and better.
I think someone pointed that out last ep. They even added that there's some staff crossover between Yu Yu and Bleach. Something about a director?
Old 2006-02-16, 19:31   Link #109
defrule

People say the animation got better during the second 1/2 of the hour special, but I don't really see any difference.
Old 2006-02-16, 19:32   Link #110
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
Many many things to say and ask:

This Valentine's day thing, is it at the end of the credits? I never bother watching that long, since it would make the wait between eps all the more difficult to bear.

As for us manga-heads, the thing is, the manga so far has a better story, IMO, compared to what we have had, and what the new arc promises... The thing is, that I, if not others like myself, enjoy watching the animated version of the manga, so we can get a better feel for what's going on. However, I realize that the anime does not depend on the manga, or the other way around, and that I should enjoy both, but it's difficult when considering what I said a bit ago.

Urahara (means opposite/ reverse/ contrary, why has there not been a note like that in any of the anime eps or manga chapters?) said that the running was good for their bodies... but what they did was nothing more than a few 3-5 minute runs, if you have gym class every day, you get more "training" than that. As for them learning about themselves... what exactly did Inoue learn about herself? Also, as for everyone thinking a bit more during the games, only Ichigo and Ishida did any thinking, and I don't think these games helped their critical thinking skills, though I suppose it would hopefully make Ichigo think a bit more before fighting...

-But wait!!! When he was fighting the woman at the end, wouldn't the answer have been to run past the golem and put his sword to the woman's throat? The golem seems to want to follow the woman's command, so he would not risk hurting her, and fighting the source is a lot smarter than fighting the lackey (which makes me wonder what the bird-doll's purpose was, since she told Ichigo to think, and didn't do any thinking herself...)
--Also, didn't Ichigo master shunpo..? If so, why are a few hit-and-runs against the golem draining his stamina so much? Why didn't he just use shunpo to get to the locations faster when participating in the games?
--How exactly did Ichigo come to the conclusion that the heart was the golem's weakness?

How long do you guys think Rukia was standing around? If it had been for a large part of the battle, apparently she was not worried about hurting his pride, so why not just take out the woman, since Ichigo apparently was not using his brain...

Had Rukia been in the real world for days, since I would think she could not have gotten into the real world otherwise due to SS being closed off.

I think this is all I wanted to say, hopefully I get people to agree with me, and not chide me. *grimaces*
Old 2006-02-16, 19:34   Link #111
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's bad. So much for originality ... but it's still Bleach, so it still rocks.
Old 2006-02-16, 19:35   Link #112
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon
Am I the only one who noticed the similiarities of this arc with one of Yu Yu Hakusho's arc?

Spoiler for "Yu Yu Hakusho's arc:

Wow, hmm, Cartoon Network stopped airing the show, and I don't care to continue watching it, so I missed this. That's horrible, if they copied the plot exactly from Yu Yu Hakusho, hopefully they did not, though that does not seem very likely. Nice catch. *thumbs*
Old 2006-02-16, 19:44   Link #113
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I admit, I'm not much of a viewer when it comes to Bleach. I don't analyze what I watch that much in Bleach, and just go with the flow of my suspension of disbelief. Not once did I think any of those things that TempestuousFury wrote that was wrong in Bleach.

I give my point, however. Bleach is by no means that type of serious anime that breaks the mind and soul and is beautiful for it. It is no Shingetsutan Tsukihime or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not even is it Mushishi or Elfen Lied. It's just anime for fun. Admittedly, there will be a lot of holes because it has been here for long, and it IS A FILLER ARC. If you want semiperfect anime, watch those mentioned above (ST depends on taste, though. If you can fill out the plot holes by yourself, it's great). If you just want fun - watch Bleach.
Old 2006-02-16, 19:55   Link #114
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

I guess that's true. *scratches head* But it just pissed me off that Urahara's talking about how much he helped them out with the games, gives them all mod-souls who're supposed to beat least remotely intelligent/ useful, and Ichigo get's stuck with the girl, who is of no real help. >_<

And I saw Elfen Lied and part of NGE, but I'll take you up on those suggestions. ^^
Old 2006-02-16, 20:15   Link #115
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This arc is wanting. What I like in it, however, is the subtle character development.

Don't get turned off by the first part of NGE. Just wait until you get to the last parts. I had a painful headache after watching it once, and a migraine after watching it again.

As for Elfen Lied, well - opinions differ among people. I, however, along with many other anime viewers, like this anime because of its precocious psychological insight on the actions and beliefs of the human psyche. I was like OMGWTFBBQR0X0RZ!!!111 when I finished this anime, because I'm an avid fan of depravity and psychology (though I'm quite depraved myself.)

Yes, this arc is wanting. *sigh* But let's wait ... it will get better ... someday?
Old 2006-02-16, 20:36   Link #116
iceyfw

i have a question about ichigo using his bankai in the real word.

did the uraha tell ichigo to regain the ability to use bankai again or just to get the ability to use bankai in the real world?
Old 2006-02-16, 21:15   Link #117
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBox
I think someone pointed that out last ep. They even added that there's some staff crossover between Yu Yu and Bleach. Something about a director?
Noriyuki Abe is indeed the directors for both series but I still find it silly to reuse the same story arc.
Old 2006-02-16, 21:48   Link #118
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
i have a question about ichigo using his bankai in the real word.

did the uraha tell ichigo to regain the ability to use bankai again or just to get the ability to use bankai in the real world?
I think that he asked him to regain his ability to use his ban kai.
Old 2006-02-16, 22:08   Link #119
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Insanley, irrational filler haters...O, where art Thou?

As true to form every hater conforms (well atleast most of them did) once an episode meets their qualifications...Let's just sweep 90% of your comments under the rug for now...So I suppose *said in a sarcastic tone with sparklies all over*, "We're in the orginal story-arc now..."

This episode was quite suspenseful with great comedy (which has been the one reliable aspect of this entire new arc)...While in the back of my mind I had thought Urahara was behind it, it would have been a bit nicer if the mod-souls had their own mission...I guess the big tell-tale to me was when Rinrin telephoned Ichigo and company in Urahara's shop in the "Die Hard" ep...I thought that was highly unusual and was a clue i put in my back pocket just in case...I wish Nova had some cooler moves besides dimentional teleportation (Ha! as if that sounds weak ) and Cloud was cool as "Re-chigo" until he realized the mammoth like gap in their powers...Wished the 3 plushies could have put up a better fight in the final game, but I had figured out it was Urahara by that point...it sure was exciting to see what happened next though...

The entire Bound subplot (now main-plot) is very interesting...Yes the immortality card has been played in countless animes from DBZ to FMA, but it seems like this really just flips the script in BLEACH...As we were watching them explain Bound and showing the clips of their past it gave the series an entirely new feel to it...It's no longer vibrant Samurai showdowns with dope cliche' banter followed by shonen swordplay...This new element really gives BLEACH a sober undertone to it that seems to be less stylish yet more dark in nature...As a person who has been hardley critical at all of this new arc and have enjoyed it profusely if not nominally...I'm diggen this new set of circumstances and creepyness of our new antagonists...

The first Bound weilds a being that seems comparable to "Melting-Nipples Sempai" (SS head-captain)...I can only imagine what powers the others possess and what makes them capable of having a power like this (inquisitive minds aka manga-readers would probably like to know^^...too bad they'll have to find out with no pre-cog abilities hehe, Not knowing stuff must really hurt)...

Really good 1 hr episode with Rukia really putting icing on this cake...Going into the ep I didn't expect this much action and suspense and it paid off...Plus the Comedy was priceless...Chad and Nova are a perfect pair (2 really bland personalities) and Kon chastising them made me chuckle-up...Shinigami Golden was also great to this week...Poor Soi Fong, Urahara already owns that piece of property my dear ...

(and yes hoon this was similiar to the YuYu arc, except that that trio was far more incredible, yet I don't consider it a bad thing because YuYu is one of my all-time fav animes..Bleach has yet to make it that high up my all-time favs, but it could one day...)

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-02-16 at 22:23.
Old 2006-02-16, 22:26   Link #120
dreadnoxx
Furry lil creature

Angry These Filler Eps are total BS. Yes. Very.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
dude you cant talk about manga on an epidose discussion thread...you are goin to get banned, trust me, I got canned for the same thing..
I don't mind getting banned. If you read carefully, what I said has something to do about both the anime and the manga.

---------------------------------

Irreverent: lacking proper respect or seriousness; (taken from Merriam-Webster)

You know you could be right. I may lack respect on the anime. Especially after what they just did. There's a lot of stuff on the anime right now that would make any Bleach fan break in tears.

Of course, fans like me would naturally compare it from the manga. After all... The manga comes out first, gets written and drawn first, and at least you know that the manga is really written by its Author.

You guys just wouldn't understand.
Closed Thread