081 - 090: Great... 2 5.88%
071 - 080: Very Good... 7 20.59%
061 - 070: Good... 4 11.76%
051 - 060: Average... 1 2.94%
041 - 050: Below Average... 3 8.82%
031 - 040: Bad... 1 2.94%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 5.88%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.94%
000 - 010: It's settled, the animators have a grudge against their audience... 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-09-04, 08:26   Link #21
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I personally loved it. In my opinion it was one of the best fillers done ever. It was emotional and it is somewhat filling in the gap from some of the flash back scenes that was shown in the third Hokage's funeral ( and elsewhere). They had too may flash back scenes about his school times and i think this filler did a great job in filling the gap.

I mean to be honest imo this filler could actually have been the first Naruto manga chapter.

This one imo was actually one of those fillers that meshed very well with the storyline and although the Mangaka didn't write it, to me it felt like as if he had( that's how good i thought it was).
Old 2010-09-04, 09:12   Link #22
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I enjoy the naruto anime because i'm skipping all the filler episodes, that's probably what everyone above the age of 6 should do
There are still enjoyable filler episodes, mostly the ones with well animated action and the ones that expand on canon stuff like the first episode of the "Jiraiya gaiden". This one had the potential to be good since it falls in the latter category, but yeah, it really wasn't.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:44   Link #23
Sipher_keyblader

?

I dont understand how people can rate this video so low, even if it was a filler, it was a good filler, we knew how naruto's past was but every now and then they give us a more in depth look at his past, every anime has filler, without the filler naruto would make no sense and it wouldnt really be an on going anime series. Didnt they just give you like 6 episodes of pure action and Pain killing the village and then probally the best fight ive seen in a long time(Naruto v pain) and they throw in a little bit of filler and you guys jump to the low votes?

And also, inherritors of the will of fire, best movie by far, i was glad that i didnt see him send a long haired buff guy, trying to kill a girl, off flying with a regular rasengan again lol.
Sipher_keyblader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:33   Link #24
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Not really...
Really. For every girl that worships a cool jerk, there are three girls who find him intolerable and like other guys. Guys shouldn't assume that we are one big hive mind.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:42   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
For every girl that worships a cool jerk, there are three girls who find him intolerable and like other guys.
So what? There are definitely girls that would like someone like Sasuke. Of course you wouldn't see them screaming and going crazy like they do in Naruto, but that's beside the point.
Old 2010-09-04, 20:43   Link #26
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Anyway I just saw the episode and I would like my time back please.
That why you should wait to read the forums before you bother watching a filler episode. Regular episodes I watch regardless, but I personally wait to see if the general impression is good or bad when it comes to fillers.

Thank god I pay attention to the previews, or I wouldn't have known this was a filler. *Phew* Dodged a bullet on that one. Nothing I hate more than Naruto filler... they always do the worst job of ret-conning in this anime...
Old 2010-09-04, 20:54   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The problem being that they throw cannon scenes inbetween filler every now and then and I have to know what's a spoiler and what's not. I knew it was going to suck but I had to watch it anyway.
Hmmm note to self, convince James to watch and summarize them for me later.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 00:29   Link #28
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Really. For every girl that worships a cool jerk, there are three girls who find him intolerable and like other guys. Guys shouldn't assume that we are one big hive mind.
You mean you aren't This changes everything!

Anyways, this episode was basically episode zero. Looking at it that way, it was pretty decent. Though it did bring up some plot points that make no sense.

First off all, who raised Naruto? I find it extremely odd that a 13 year old kid is allowed to live by himself. How long was he actually living alone? Being that he is the carrier of the Kyuubi and the son of the fourth, I'd at least expect him to live with Sarutobi. If not the third, then at least a skilled ninja.

Which brings me to the next point. Do people even know he's the fourth's son? It really doesn't seem like it, even though everybody knows he has the nine tails in him. Being the son of the 4th Hokage, he should have been given special attention. The elders should have realized that the kid will have amazing potential and set him up with a decent master right from the get go. Not telling him who his father is was also really stupid. I'd understand if the father was some really bad dude who was shunned by the village. But Minato was anything but.

Of course the series and the Naruto himself would be very different if he got a proper upbringing, but it just defies all logic.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 03:54   Link #29
Blaine

IIRC the knowlage that naruto is the 4ths son is restricted dont know why but only a few knew about it Jiraiya the 3rd and kakashi i think knew but knowone else.
Old 2010-09-05, 05:45   Link #30
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Well, I actually did like this episode.

Sure, we have seen how Naruto used to be an outcast dozens and dozens of times, and the Bunshin no Jutsu "joke" gets old, but so far, it was mostly in flashbacks, and I take this as some sort of prequel to the original series.

It is probably thanks to Iruka that Naruto is now what he is today, because he is one of the first persons to have believed in him, even if it has not been always easy for him.

I also found it amusing that Iruka fell into the 2-level trap that Naruto laid down: "A Ninja must see underneath the underneath", like one of his future teachers would say...

I don't like fillers more than anyone else, but it can not be helped at this point. The anime is behind the manga of about 50 or 60 episodes. With decently-paced episodes covering between 2 and 3 chapters in average, you just do the math... it can't be helped: there will be fillers...

It is interesting to see that the anime-team has been recently placing all the fillers in early-part1 era.
If you think about it, Naruto is now one of the strongest Ninja around and after having defeated Pain, the list of people that he may have serious problems dealing with is pretty short... the only suspects I see would be Madara and Sasuke... so it would be difficult to write an half-decent and believable filler story about random villains able to keep up with him, especially since he has mastered Sage-mode and can throw Fuuton RasenShuriken...

Obviously, the fillers have a tendancy to make the characters, and especially Naruto, weaker and more stupid than they actually are, but now, it would be even worse, so I don't mind some sort of Part-1 "prequel" instead of that...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 13:34   Link #31
Spelt

I really liked this episode. One of the first fillers I dont mind watching. Looks like next week is gonna be good to
Old 2010-09-06, 15:58   Link #32
Lunarskylar

fav part of the ep:
iruka: I was born may 26, that makes me a pisces

lolll noo it doesn't my friend, noo it doesn't
Old 2010-09-07, 12:52   Link #33
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

This was a fun filler episode. But I do hope that there wouldn't be too irregular fillers every now and then. I am waiting to see the huge battles up ahead.
Old 2010-09-07, 13:01   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
This was a fun filler episode. But I do hope that there wouldn't be too irregular fillers every now and then. I am waiting to see the huge battles up ahead.
Don't expect anything for awhile. All of September is filler, and it looks like the beginning of October is still filler...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 02:32   Link #35
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Don't expect anything for awhile. All of September is filler, and it looks like the beginning of October is still filler...
Goddammit. *cries*

And yet I am somehow not surprised....
Old 2010-09-08, 04:21   Link #36
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
And yet I am somehow not surprised....
It only makes sense that they'll want to start the new arc with the new OP.
Old 2010-09-08, 08:29   Link #37
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
fav part of the ep:
iruka: I was born may 26, that makes me a pisces

lolll noo it doesn't my friend, noo it doesn't
LOL I know I was like

I like my Naruto donuts with delicious filler.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion