AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-18, 23:54   Link #11061
AaKkisa

Took some pictures of my collection. Unfortunately most of them are in the simple standing poses only because I am trying to reorganize them and acquire a glass door display case to place in my room to free up some space. Ive only recently started painting and all I did on that front is 00 raiser, and masuro, their clear parts. Enjoy.
Spoiler for large pictures:

p.s. included a shot of my collection of figurines and trading figures ^_^

With a PhD in Horribleness.
AaKkisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 23:54   Link #11062
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
TsukasArcherrrrrrrrrrrrr!

(Are they using HG, HCMPro, Robot Damashii or other figs combined with the Figma model?)
They're using HG models, I think I'm going to try my Archer on some Figma lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 00:51   Link #11063
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Finished, now just waiting for the obligatory photo session but that will have to wait for a while since I'm doing galleries of other figures

Just a few thoughts:
- Some joints and connectors for the arms and wings need some white glue to strengthen the unions because they are way too loose if you simply snap the whole thing.
- The machine guns right under the head of the Gundam are a royal pain in the ass, too much trouble for a little detail that you will never care much about.
- The little barrel at the end of both Buster Rifles is really fragile, you need to be extra careful when attaching it.
- Applying the transfer decal that supposedly goes in the shoulder of the Gundam is impossible. Screw that, I just used some random water decals and that's it.
- BALANCE. That backpack is damn heavy.
- Canīt really do that many poses with WZC due to the wings: unless they are fully extended they look kinda weird. Guess the pose I will display it will be that of it's final attack in the SRW games with both rifles one on each hand before it begins to rotate.

Aside those little details, this is one awesome kit and so far, my favorite one among all my MG's, highly recommended
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 01:08   Link #11064
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
^^^Beamknight, your Zero looks amazing. My MG zero was also back heavy I hated it as well. I would also recommend the wing gundam ver kai. It's very nice all around.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 01:09   Link #11065
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaKkisa View Post
Took some pictures of my collection. Unfortunately most of them are in the simple standing poses only because I am trying to reorganize them and acquire a glass door display case to place in my room to free up some space. Ive only recently started painting and all I did on that front is 00 raiser, and masuro, their clear parts. Enjoy.
Spoiler for large pictures:

p.s. included a shot of my collection of figurines and trading figures ^_^
All i can say is RISING ARROW!!!!!!!!!! really nice collection you have there, not sure where your gonna finda display case big enough to fit them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Not sure if youve done this but you should look online at like yahoo pics or something there might be a lot of pics people put up with cool poses. and thats really nice wing custom. Did you use an airbrush? or is it not painted at all?
Old 2009-02-19, 02:09   Link #11066
GNWeapon
On Trial

I have a question,

I am thinking of grabbing the Robot Damashii 0 Gundam, which is out in March I believe. As I only take in HG 1/144 kits, I was wondering, what's the size difference comparisons between a HG 1/144 and a RD model? Are they about the same size?
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 07:08   Link #11067
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
Robot Damashii should be about the same size as a normal MSIA so I think it's like 1 to 3 centimetres smaller compared to the 1/144 version.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 07:59   Link #11068
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
lol thats sick I like the black and white one better though :-) I'm going to try and pick up a SD 00 or Exia or Exia 1/100 and I plan on painting it black and white like this one:
I still think this is one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen.

Could you imagine the speed the 00 would have?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 08:05   Link #11069
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I still think this is one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen.

Could you imagine the speed the 00 would have?
it could capture solar wind and accelerate infinitly and go to jupiter and produce more gn drives LMAO

i finally got an 0 Raiser but the set for 00 Raiser 1/144 hg has a nice colour n decals which are coming to my liking...
Old 2009-02-19, 09:15   Link #11070
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
Robot Damashii should be about the same size as a normal MSIA so I think it's like 1 to 3 centimetres smaller compared to the 1/144 version.
Nope nope, Damashii figures are a good 2-3 inches taller than traditional MSIA.

The 00 Gundam and the Ahead are in scale with the EMSIA Gelgoogs, which are considerably taller thank regular MSIA.
Old 2009-02-19, 09:50   Link #11071
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
@ AaKkisa - Nice collection none of them are painted? I'm more or less worried about the Avalanche Exia I just grabbed that. Next week I'm going to start on the three models I got from Katsucon, and I'm going to order some GMarkers and a SD Destiny. Is Avalanche 0 Paint or GMarkers only? Nice work on your models though I was going to buy that Kakashi figure you have but it was liek 15 bucks I was like n/m lol
Old 2009-02-19, 10:43   Link #11072
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
Quote:
Nope nope, Damashii figures are a good 2-3 inches taller than traditional MSIA.

The 00 Gundam and the Ahead are in scale with the EMSIA Gelgoogs, which are considerably taller thank regular MSIA.
So, in short, take an example, the difference in size/height between a RD Exia and HG 1/144 Exia is?
Old 2009-02-19, 11:07   Link #11073
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWeapon View Post
So, in short, take an example, the difference in size/height between a RD Exia and HG 1/144 Exia is?
Hard to say, there is no Robot Damashii Exia. :

This picture should help ya.

Old 2009-02-19, 11:14   Link #11074
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
GundamStoreAndMore Prices are adjusted and some things went up and down :-(
I went there last night the Clear Action base was 5 something now its 6 something
SD Destiny was 7 dollars now its 9
Gundam Seed Marker Set went down 2 dollars though

EDIT

OMG MG Destiny went up to 50 bucks boo
And I think there new site is leaked lol if you go to Evangalion then go to Eva figures its a new site look here

http://gundamstoreandmore.com/evamodelkits.html
Old 2009-02-19, 12:12   Link #11075
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Hard to say, there is no Robot Damashii Exia. :

This picture should help ya.

Oh ok, so its not fixed in terms of size.
Old 2009-02-19, 19:24   Link #11076
White Comet
True Gundam Fan

I am collecting only UC Gundams. Wing and SEED kits are just cheap, just like the series. What I value most right now is my Gundam ver 2.0. Man, that's what I call perfect conversion. Now one can remake all the poses from the series. can't wait till I get Char's Zaku ver 2.0 to match it up.
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 19:25   Link #11077
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
All i can say is RISING ARROW!!!!!!!!!! really nice collection you have there, not sure where your gonna finda display case big enough to fit them all

Not sure if youve done this but you should look online at like yahoo pics or something there might be a lot of pics people put up with cool poses. and thats really nice wing custom. Did you use an airbrush? or is it not painted at all?
Thanks, I might try to come up with some poses with this model once I take some more pics of it. As for painting... I just used spraycans, metallic blue, metallic red, gold and semigloss topcoat as finisher. Just painted the inside of the clear orb of the chest with metallic green as the sticker looks horrible
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 19:34   Link #11078
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
I am collecting only UC Gundams. Wing and SEED kits are just cheap, just like the series. What I value most right now is my Gundam ver 2.0. Man, that's what I call perfect conversion. Now one can remake all the poses from the series. can't wait till I get Char's Zaku ver 2.0 to match it up.
An other old school gundam fan, thats nice.
Old 2009-02-19, 20:54   Link #11079
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Finished, now just waiting for the obligatory photo session but that will have to wait for a while since I'm doing galleries of other figures

How much did Seiya cost? I've seen that one in my hobby shop, and wanted it, but was too expensive at that time.
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 20:58   Link #11080
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWeapon View Post
Oh ok, so its not fixed in terms of size.
Well the Damashii line is gonna have something called "Scale Unity". All the Bandai CEO said about it was that mobile suits will be accurately sized to each other in that specific line.

Example being the 00 and the Ahead. The 00 Gundam is 18 meters, and the Ahead is 20. In figure terms, the Ahead is about an inch maybe 2 taller than the 00.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy