AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 19 26.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 36.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-06, 07:25   Link #41
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Pretty much the whole liking denial and of course the kissing accident when she used the typical tsundere speech ("I did it not because I wanted to, but because *yadda yadda goes excuse*) accompanied with a typical tsundere smirk approach ending with a very typical "Baka, baka!"

She is a tsundere. Like it or not. It doesnt mean that she is a type A though. She resembles more of a Type B and some of the Type C traits in here. Obviously you still have lots to learn about Tsunderes, because it seems like you are just clinging only to Type A and thinking that type A is the tsundere forgetting that tsundere term includes more types nowadays.
This one you mean? >> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Wow so now they expanded the term tsundere into description that fits into every girl then? Didn't knew tsundere term evolved by that much.

Then i can't say anything then... coz every girl that did act tsun before went dere at least once falls under the type B, and that includes every girl in galge adaptation anime (like Nagisa Furukawa and Tomoyo Sakagami) . Heck, every real life girl i knew then is a tsundere coz they have a default dere mode and acted tsun tsun on me once in a while.

Sorry but i don't really buy this type A type B type C theories. It makes tsundere traits nowhere near special anymore, and gives the chance for every girl to qualify themselves as a tsundere type. Tsundere used to be a special quality that a girl possesses due to their characteristics, and were adored becoz of its uniqueness compared to normal girls that are known to people as being kind and gentle, which is completely opposite to the tsundere type. I rather stick to the original term becoz it puts tsundere in a special place in heart of every anime fan, rather than generalize the term so that every girl can have the chance to be call as a tsundere.

Quote:
Let me remind you Kanon, that being embarrassed and reacting violently to it by acts or words with a good dose of heavy blushing is one of the most fundamental tsundere traits.
Having the fundamental doesn't mean it falls under that category. Just bundling everyone that shows that type of traits into the same category sounds not right to me. It basically like saying "bun and cake are the same thing, becoz both of it are made with the same fundamental ingredients - flour, sugar, water etc..." when in actual, bun =/= cake.
Old 2010-08-06, 07:29   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I can't help it...Junichi is such a dense MF-er
It's amusing to see how the roles have changed in this arc compared to the first one, where at first it was Junichi chasing the girl, now we have the girl chasing him and him being completely oblivious until the end asides of his usual perverted thoughts and suggestions.

But even so, I consider a kiss on the bellybutton more "normal" than a kiss to the back of the knee...phew

And just to add, Junichi is one heck of a "happy yaro"! wonder how many people know where that is from :3
I sure as heck won't mind being under Kaoru! Those delicious thighs

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-08-06, 07:33   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, a really excellent episode. Satou Rina (Misaka-san in Railgun) is just outstanding as Kaoru. The way she gives her voice just the right energy and expressions.
She really was great. I didn't hear much "Birbiri" voice either. You knew it was her, but it was different enough for me not to hear the same exact voice.

Quote:
It's clear that this is romance for guys, but the girls so far are strong and interesting people, with crazy streaks of their own.
Their quirks are great. And they fit them so well too. I love it.

Quote:
Once again, director Hiraike Yoshimasa (Working!!) is giving us something with a feeling of freshness.
He is.great too. I loved all of Working and now this. I look forward to his next series. Has he directed.any other series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Junichi is such a pervert. Bellybutton, really?

Kaoru is so much better than Morishima. Kaoru actually has a personality and character development.
Belly button is great. Remember that when your girl gets bored. It's good stop along the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Amagami: Junichi's perverted fetishes Part 2 - Belly kiss. Kudos to him.
And there's also Miya's jealousness again. Why is it always in second episode of every arc, we always got a jealous Miya. IT JUST MEAN WE WILL HAVE AN IMOUTO ARC!!!!
Mouth arc will be a BD/DVD extra.

Quote:
Well I guess those who denied Kaoru being a tsundere got a pretty much heavy blow this week, as there were parts where she acted like a textbook tsundere almost word to a word.
I am still not calling her a tsundere. She is showing traits, but I don't think she is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
That's the thing, it wasn't obvious in the japanese original at all. Her self-professed taste in men has been similar: Likes the strong and dependable ones, but also has a soft spot for puppy love. And the whole point of the "long tail" pun is that it simply could have been her preference in _men_ either

...just that THAT would have been a bit much for public TV after all ^_^
That was great. The belly button scenes made me forget it when I posted. Haruka is great. I'm glad they are showing the other girls during each arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yeah, that was weird. What was the error, the kissing sound, or the open lips? They must have run out of time to fix it because they were busy animating Kaoru's hair...
I think that shot was after the kiss. They never show.the accidental kisses.

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention - bonus points to Junichi for licking, but minus 2 for not sticking his tongue in it (and moving it around)(we might have heard some sounds from Kaoru then) - 8/10
Now, now. That's for the second time.

*sigh* I don't think I am going to post so much on my mobile. That took a while to do, lol.
Old 2010-08-06, 07:52   Link #44
Sports72Xtrm

Eh it was ok. This arc doesn't seem as fun as Haruka's. I think because it's such a friendzone with benefits atmosphere. Juichi actually tries with Haruka and it was and entertaining seeing them go on dates and stuff and both having fun. Kaoru is great with fanservice and all but the atmosphere is lukewarm. Juichi is so passive about progressing their relationship and it almost feels like it wouldn't matter if they became a couple or not. They barely even go on dates. Juiichi and Kaoru bonding involves talking about other girl's love lives, how lukewarm their relationship is, and watching her go to work? Now it'll be about Kaoru's mommy issues. They hang out once in a while to talk about feelings but it's as romantic as having dinner conversation with your family or like people have said talking about the weather. The only pay off for Juuichi is when they mess around and some accidental echi thing happens. I guess I can't judge until I see the rest of the episodes but their relationship needs to heat up.
Old 2010-08-06, 08:01   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
This one you mean? >> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Wow so now they expanded the term tsundere into description that fits into every girl then? Didn't knew tsundere term evolved by that much.
In a way you are right but you are also wrong. Remember that Type A is not the first type of tsundere it was rather a later production of the tsundere but as it came with a tsundere popularity wave many started to assume that Type A is what tsundere's are about.

But when you look at the tsundere history you will see that Type B tsundere's where the 'starters' rather than type A.

Like lets say Akane Tendo from Ranma is considered to be a Type B tsundere, meaning that she stays dere as a default persona and throws tsun when she is embarrassed or jealous.

But her default dere is not blushing or stuttering but rather a normal girl act. Maybe bit more physical, somewhat tom-boyish but still more or less normal.

Same is with Kaoru she has a normal girl act as default and switches to a tsun only when she is embarrassed or jealous (like with Ayatsuji in episode 5).

But what then Type B tsundere separates from the normal girl? Mostly the reaction to the embarrassment - the normal girl reaction would be of a deep shame and trying to escape it or even cry, while tsunderes more likely to start calling you names, physically attack you or just vigorously try to deny it. In other words tsundere will confront it, mostly in order not to loose her 'face' and try hard to deny it, while normal girl would not care about her 'face' and would be happy just escaping the source of her shame or other similar emotions.

Yes the tsundere term did become wider, but it was not like expanded from Type A, but rather from Type B as Type B is the closest to normal girl and was very popular back in eighties when the trend was starting to form.

If we take an arch-meaning of the word tsundere then for a girl being hostile at the very beginning once and then being nice and lovestruck for the rest of it would have been good enough to be called tsundere until later it become a circular act, meaning was not just one-time hostility but a repetitive act, as a reaction to some stimulus (shame, jealousy etc.)

I understanhd what you are trying to point out that this way tsundere is too wide to mark what it should be but let me remind you that Type A (Louise, Shana, Eri Sawatchika type) is new one, while the actual first tsundere term was used to mark Type B tsunderes who are ironically the closest to the normal girls as they have normal girl act as their default persona so in a way the term was very wide to begin with.

Its just that the New Type A came together with the increasing popularity of tsunderes and the tsundere term so many poeple started associating Type A with the term tsundere.

Type C is the hardest to define because those tsunderes technically are not even really mean - they are more playful and teasing with their love interests rather than mean. Their teasing can be pretty mean sometimes and it is still a good way to escape the shame or avoid talking about ones true feelings seriously Type C tsundere examples would be Sheryl from MF and Horo from Spice And Wolf.

They are still called a tsundere because they all carry one similar trait - trying to mask their true affection, but they do not run away but choose the way to confront it by using physical violence, verbal abuse or teasing.

Tsundere is a bit complicated issue isnt it, but again thats what allows Kaoru to be called a tsundere, though she certainly is not a Type A tsundere.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-06 at 08:12.
Old 2010-08-06, 08:42   Link #46
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I think that this episode had a tendency to drag. Granted, the first part of this episode was spent resolving the love letter subplot and philosophizing on the sky. But even when Kaoru and Junichi finally broached the topic of their relationship, the tone of the conversation remained rather matter-of-fact. They might as well still have been discussing the weather. Or were they?
I think the philosophy was more of metaphor of Kaoru's taste of winter. That she likes winter and the birds add to it too.

Quote:
The library scene felt a bit contrived. While I have no problem with the scene in and of itself, there didn't seem to be a particularly good reason why Junichi decided to kiss Kaoru on her belly, or why he even invited her to the library in the first place. I have no problem with seeing one of these scenes in every arc, but this just felt as if it was included simply for the sake of having such a scene.
Why yes there was a good reason. Junichi wanted a revenge to get a better kiss on Kaoru. Unfortunately he did get it right but he did get it kinky style. If it was me I would go for the neck kiss and HICKEY! If Kaoru would be clueless then it would be a good surprised with a mark on her neck.
Quote:
I did like the scene where Kaoru gets the badminton bird out of a tree. The interaction between her and Junichi felt more on par with the previous episode.
Yeah but as I mentioned before it showed more a trait of her and how she likes to help people. What was interesting is as you said the interaction but also who she was with kids. BTW the kids started to get a little by asking "Did you kiss her" and stuff.
Old 2010-08-06, 08:59   Link #47
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Eh it was ok. This arc doesn't seem as fun as Haruka's. I think because it's such a friendzone with benefits atmosphere. Juichi actually tries with Haruka and it was and entertaining seeing them go on dates and stuff and both having fun. Kaoru is great with fanservice and all but the atmosphere is lukewarm. Juichi is so passive about progressing their relationship and it almost feels like it wouldn't matter if they became a couple or not. They barely even go on dates.
I think the major difference here is that... Haruka wasn't even aware of him until lunchtime, but Kaoru was aware of him since middle school. It apparently worked for him to go after Haruka, but it would look hella weird for Kaoru to suddenly date Junichi out of the blue considering their buddy-buddy attitudes towards each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am still not calling her a tsundere. She is showing traits, but I don't think she is one.
I think marga said it best earlier. I mean, even I am having a hard time calling her a tsundere, she just doesn't feel like one. She may have traits of one, but what she is displaying so far are general attitudes of a girl. I guess I should say, if Kaoru is a tsundere, then every girl I met [IRL] was/is a tsundere

Quote:
*sigh* I don't think I am going to post so much on my mobile. That took a while to do, lol.
Welcome to the club. It's so difficult on my phone because it's a 2.5 inch square screen, multi quoting is a C&P nightmare (I want to use my iPhone, but the darn thing is locked)
Old 2010-08-06, 09:40   Link #48
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
How many episodes on every heroine's arc like last time where Haruka's act was 4.
Old 2010-08-06, 10:28   Link #49
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
How many episodes on every heroine's arc like last time where Haruka's act was 4.
Every heroin's arc will be four episodes long, like Haruka's arc.
Old 2010-08-06, 10:37   Link #50
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Kaoru tsundere discussion continues to...Character Discussion - Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Every heroin's arc will be four episodes long, like Haruka's arc.
Indeed. It's a shame it's only four, but it could have been worse.
Old 2010-08-06, 10:48   Link #51
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

At least getting Kaoru is easier than Haruka
Old 2010-08-06, 11:35   Link #52
Freeter
beyond

Only two episodes in and I'm already loving this arc more than the previous one. Kaoru is getting cuter by the second, and all those moments of her getting flustered are adorable The chemistry between her and Junichi feels a lot more natural than it was with him and Haruka (especially after that rushed end).

Rihoko's starting to grow on me as well. She's an airhead yet nowhere as annoying as most characters of her type tend to be. Can't wait for her arc.

Miya stalking her nii-nii should become a running gag for the series
Old 2010-08-06, 12:03   Link #53
feRfe

....cannot watch this without pausing unless in unlighted closet mb..
Old 2010-08-06, 12:23   Link #54
Nerroth
NePoi!

Maybe Haruka made contact with one of the Asoiku species?

Also, for me the most interesting part was the scene at the end; I hope Kaoru won't have too much trouble processing whatever it is her mum is involved with.
Old 2010-08-06, 12:32   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Also, for me the most interesting part was the scene at the end; I hope Kaoru won't have too much trouble processing whatever it is her mum is involved with.
That totally came out of no where too. I assume her dad is still alive and they are still married?
Old 2010-08-06, 12:57   Link #56
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

that was an EPIC library scene.......specially at the end with his sister watching...lulz!

"Get on your knees"

"just do it" oh my.......

by the looks of it kaoru's mom is cheating.......o.o
Old 2010-08-06, 13:13   Link #57
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
That totally came out of no where too. I assume her dad is still alive and they are still married?
Actually no. She mentions it's was only her and her mom working hard together. My guess is that she feels betrayed due to her mother not telling her about this person. I just hope it is not a lie that her mother is prostituting herself to get extra money for something like her school or to pay the apartment as seen in the beginning of the episode here=>

which BTW anyone expert on telling me what kind of place it is? Duplex? Triplex...you know that kind of thing.
Old 2010-08-06, 14:25   Link #58
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
so after 'behind the knee' we had 'belly button'?

how far can you go, junichi? what's next? armpit? ear hole?

overall, still good episode, but i just find it not so interesting, not as much as haruka's arc.

and lastly, i hate ducks for blocking the view :P.
Old 2010-08-06, 14:57   Link #59
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
I thought it was kind of apparent she was an only child with a single mom before. Unless I spoiled myself.. again.
Old 2010-08-06, 16:21   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
(Karou wears pastel pink panties? Not the color I had imagined, eh)
& that's why it's so adorable. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
which BTW anyone expert on telling me what kind of place it is? Duplex? Triplex...you know that kind of thing.
I used to live in one, though we just called it a three-story-house.