AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 10:49   Link #261
Nixl

I am pretty sure I understand the purpose of the arc now.

Old 2011-11-03, 10:58   Link #262
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Why no 1 talks about awakened Cassandra ?

I have already said that she is more close to riful in terms of attack and seems that she has nothing to link her with her special ability( or anything for that matters). Cassandra is just a ugly monster. I think that yagi could do better and was trying to make her more like her special ability but got lazy and in the end it caused a huge fail
Old 2011-11-03, 11:27   Link #263
Ulquihorror

my theory on Cassandra's AB abilities:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-03, 11:41   Link #264
claremore

I just noticed something that may be proof that clare in chapter 93 was reforming and not just coming out of the yoki...the sound effects "boko" are used, and when cassandra's faces grow out of her awakened form they are also using "boko".
i take this as an indication clare will return in a human form if faces of cassandra can be created from yoki.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:56   Link #265
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Quoting your own words you said:
Quote:
Also, the very fact of so many seemingly impossible things happening.....
I simply pointed out that that action wasn't near close to be impossible.
I know you didn't say that those actions were impossible (infact i never accused you of that) butyou implied that they seemed impossible.
Read better the next time,i simply said that that action wasn't even close to being impossible.
Huh? Maybe it's you who should "read better"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by you said
We have seen so many unbelivable things in Claymore[...]all the "impossible" things that in Claymore can happen normally[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I parapharased
Also, the very fact of so many seemingly impossible things happening can over time cause an allergic reaction in some people.
Paraphrasing "unbelievable" as "seemingly impossible" should not be a problem, methinks, especially after your own ' "impossible" '. Note the words "over time", which should make it pretty clear that the first part of the sentence wasn't about this chapter, and the second part was about it only partially.

There was no "[I] implied that they seemed impossible" there. The point was that people might give Yagi slack for a long time, even for "impossible" things, but finally get fed up with something that may or may not be as "impossible" as something that came before. And regarding terminology, what you think is or isn't impossible isn't some sort of world standard, you know.

Can we drop this now, or was there something you didn't understand about me not wanting to keep discussing excuses? In that case, please read better.

EDIT: One more thing, though.

Quote:
If you replace "excuses" with "complaints" you have my answer,lol.
I could say "fair enough" but the thing is, as far as I can tell, you're not simply trying to counter the complaints, you're going further and saying that people are wrong to even bring them up. I don't have any problem with you defending Yagi if you like, but I do have a problem with you putting down other fans for expressing themselves sincerely.

Last edited by yononaka; 2011-11-03 at 12:46.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:57   Link #266
Nixl

I just read the tags for the thread, well played Solace, well played.
Old 2011-11-03, 12:13   Link #267
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
@Ryus

No,if you consider the prospective it's quite clear that Miria stabs Histy FROM BELOW, while Histy,even if she stands on her feet, doesn't stand straight but is curved ahead since she was trying to hit a warrior on the ground.
If you consider the sword's lenght,it makes perfect sense to describe the dynamic of the action like i did, only AFTER being stabbed Histy lose her feets and fall on her knees in front of Miria.

Just no.This can be explained very clearly.
You are wrong 'cause you don't consider the prospective:
everything i said makes perfect sense if you consider that in page 287 Miria and Histy faces are NOT as close as in page 288.
In page 287 a smaller part of the sword has pierced Histy's neck,while in page 288 a greater part of the sword is involved since Histy has fallen on the sword.
Page 287 and 288 have a completely different prospective, you have to consider it.
Use your head first, not your ego. Saying below in big letters proves neither one of us correct or incorrect.

It's simple logic if Miria was on her knees she would have been shorter vs where she was shown against Hysteria. Miria is shorter than Hysteria's chin as she's leaning forward but would have been even shorter had she been only kneeling. Next off in every panel with the two Hysteria clearly is taller than Miria by a good margin, this is key.

I measured myself in poses for each potion of both Hysteria and Miria. Now I'm pretty much 6'0" even (or 183cm) and Miria is only 175cm. So I feel I'd make a good height substitute for Hysteria but she's likely taller than I, but for simplicity sake lets ignore this (even though tall in woman denotes Elegant, and Hysteria clearly is both Tall and Elegant ). When I leaned forward mimicking Hysteria strike I lost about 4-6" (or between 10-15cm) putting me at between 5'6" and 5'8" (167-173cm). However when keeled straight up (not bending my back like Miria did) I was only 4'6" (137cm)... this is a discrepancy of over a foot (30cm) however the average human head is only 10"... which while this makes the scene about right if they where the same height Miria is shorter. Therefore she has to be above a raised above a kneel and rising past it. Plus, as mentioned, Miria is clearly hunching her back down at the time of the trust, which places her legs again above a kneeling position to get her back that high.

I'm sorry but that's the only way those panel work. You are wrong.

Plus as stated by others it's inconceivable that without an asspull on behalf of Yagi that Miria could out speed Hysteria strike due to her position, where the sword was, balancing the sword in her mouth, twisting head to aim the sword perfectly at such a vital spot, and then lunging up. On top of that both Miria and Hysteria where at 10% at the time and phantom wasn't used by either of them. Now lets not forget about all the blood loose and the greater number of injuries Miria had sustained that should have conceivably slowed her down and just handed Hysteria the victory by default.

The problem is more the sum of everything than any one part, sure one could say it's a manga and explain away each one individually but when viewed as a whole it's clearly bad writing that is frankly beneath what Yagi has done in the past even when he ass pulled other victories for characters.

EDIT: Plus on page 288 Miria is clearly now sitting on her feet since her back is straight and yet she's still way shorter than Hysteria on her knees... this negates your entire point about perspective change since both warriors changed positions so it fails at countering my Hysteria falling forward point. In fact this just highlights my point further that they both fell down as Hysteria's body gave out under her due to her injury (Hysteria forwards, Miria sideways/back). That is unless you're now saying Miria stabbed her from a sitting position then slid down her sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Solace ftw!

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-03 at 12:37.
Old 2011-11-03, 13:44   Link #268
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Solace ftw!
thanks, i guess

edit.
@weird d
audrey and the other two single digits were alive even after cassandra awakened. we see them on one of the first pages. but after that cassandra releases her three tentacles. it could very well be that the heads crushed them which would explain why miria didn't try to pull them away (as she did against the male ab).

Last edited by fraktur; 2011-11-03 at 14:21.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:11   Link #269
Weird D
Just existing...

You know, with all the talk about Miria, aren't we forgetting a little something, like what the hell happened to the other Claymores?

First most of them were taken down when the #1s appeared, but it looked like they were still alive. Then Cassandra took out the single digits and Awakened right on top of Audrey!

So what now? Is Miria the only Claymore still alive, not counting the shrimp twins? Because with 3 ABs rampaging around, it will be the biggest asspull if there are no victims by the end of this arc.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:49   Link #270
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Because with 3 ABs rampaging around, it will be the biggest asspull if there are no victims by the end of this arc.
You mean AO's, do you?
Old 2011-11-03, 15:06   Link #271
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
First most of them were taken down when the #1s appeared, but it looked like they were still alive. Then Cassandra took out the single digits and Awakened right on top of Audrey!
Audrey is probably dead, and maybe rachel will die soon too. There are most likely only a few claymores left alive on the battlefield othe than Miria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Why no 1 talks about awakened Cassandra ?

I have already said that she is more close to riful in terms of attack and seems that she has nothing to link her with her special ability( or anything for that matters). Cassandra is just a ugly monster. I think that yagi could do better and was trying to make her more like her special ability but got lazy and in the end it caused a huge fail
I liked Cassandra's awakened form. I thought it was, Interesting. It does look a little strange but i think it is still (mostly) not a bad design.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-03, 15:06   Link #272
Gooral
Banned

@Guido
AOs are ABs by default and it's a term that might only apply to R/I/L only, hard to tell really..

As for other Claymores, I suspect that almost none of them will die, definitely not Audrey, Rachel and Nina. Claymores are harder to kill with every chapter, at this point I'm not even sure Priscilla can do it ;P.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:15   Link #273
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Guido
AOs are ABs by default and it's a term that might only apply to R/I/L only, hard to tell really..
well since they were all number one warriors at one time, i call them the New Abyssal Ones.

Quote:
As for other Claymores, I suspect that almost none of them will die, definitely not Audrey, Rachel and Nina. Claymores are harder to kill with every chapter, at this point I'm not even sure Priscilla can do it ;P.

But i don't really want all the warriors to die. Only the useless characters like Audrey, Nina, and Rachel.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-03, 15:25   Link #274
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I have said it before i'll say it again Deneve needs to die so that Helen can become a really mean spirited snarky drunk.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:28   Link #275
Nixl

I'll second that motion, Dr. Deneve has passed her prime. Her fake psychiatry degree can save her no longer.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:30   Link #276
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

No, Deneve does not need to die.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-03, 15:33   Link #277
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
No, Deneve does not need to die.
Yes she doe's how else will Helen become a booze baroness?
Old 2011-11-03, 15:35   Link #278
Nixl

Dr. Deneve needs to retire and by retire I mean die and or not talk. I could only watch the show House M.D. for so long. Dr. Deneve is no different.

Or how about a spin off series where Deneve is an unconventional doctor who breaks all the rules. Each episode could end with Deneve giving a wedge or simple machine analogy. That sounds like a good compromise.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:39   Link #279
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Yes she doe's how else will Helen become a booze baroness?
Why the hell does Helen need to become an alcoholic? That would be a bad thing.
And Deneve does not need to die.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-03, 15:41   Link #280
Elandyll

A way to make Deneve's death (not that she particularly needs to die, as opposed to completely useless characters like Dietrich &co) meaningful and dramatic would be to tie it up to Undine.
Make it so that Deneve gets to save someone big time (Miria?), giving her life in the process but having the satisfaction of having been able to make a difference (unlike with Undine), perhaps even by a skillful use of both of her claymores at the same time (which is for her a tribute to Undine).
Closed Thread