AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 44
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 5 15.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 11 34.38%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 21.88%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 18.75%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 6.25%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-20, 00:25   Link #81
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Does Flit know that Arabel was Grodek's killer? I'm sure he knows who had Grodek killed, but do we know if he's aware of the full extent of it?
Old 2012-08-20, 00:27   Link #82
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I always wondered why Flit even left the military. Sure you could do more to achieve the goal of killing al Vagans if he stayed with the military, right? What can you do when you're retired?

Other than build a Gundam.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 00:27   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You could... build a Gundam.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:30   Link #84
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Oh, Nos?

Spoiler:

What was that about the Ghirarga still having its left arm?
Old 2012-08-20, 00:33   Link #85
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I know it had one of its arms destroyed. The other one wasn't, right?
Old 2012-08-20, 00:34   Link #86
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, that one got nuked too.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:37   Link #87
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well 00 MS never had problems using their feet to fight! -_-
Old 2012-08-20, 00:38   Link #88
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lost at least one leg from the looks of it too.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:39   Link #89
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I know it had one of its arms destroyed. The other one wasn't, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, that one got nuked too.
RD is correct:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Well 00 MS never had problems using their feet to fight! -_-
Well... if you look at this image again, it looks like the Ghirarga just had one leg left.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-20, 00:39   Link #90
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The Ghirarga is actually armed to the teeth literally with weapons on every part of the body. It's got the chest canon, the tail canon, two hand canons and the bit launchers are on the four limbs (one on each elbow and one on each knee). Losing one or even two arm is just but a tiny scratch to its arsenal of weapons. If it's up to me I won't consider the Ghirarga as incapable of dealing out death until all that's left is the head, as even if it isn't capable of good movement it's still capable as a formidable turret of death beams, heck the bits alone per Gundam tradition are already super deadly to lesser pilots which requires NO positioning/vectoring of the MS to launch attacks.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 00:40   Link #91
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
The Ghirarga is actually armed to the teeth literally with weapons on every part of the body. It's got the chest canon, the tail canon, two hand canons and the bit launchers are on the four limbs. Losing one arm is just but a tiny scratch to its arsenal of weapons. If it's up to me I won't consider the Ghirarga as incapable of dealing out death until all that's left is the head, as even if it isn't capable of good movement it's still capable as a formidable turret of death beams, heck the bits alone per Gundam tradition are already super deadly to lesser pilots.
Don't you mean tail whip? Ghirarga has no tail cannon.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:42   Link #92
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Houk: It doesn't have a tail gun, but a whip/heat rod. It lost both arms, so no arm cannons. Can't use the staff like that either. Back exploded, so presumably no X-Transmitter in the back, one leg, and both arms, so that's likely out of commission. All it has is its chest cannon now. Still not much to fight with.

EDIT: Looking at the Ghirarga again both wing binders are missing, so it's almost certain the X-Transmitter is out of commission, so no bits.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:43   Link #93
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The Ghirarga is actually armed to the teeth literally with weapons on every part of the body. It's got the chest canon, the tail canon, two hand canons and the bit launchers are on the four limbs (one on each elbow and one on each knee). Losing one or even two arm is just but a tiny scratch to its arsenal of weapons. If it's up to me I won't consider the Ghirarga as incapable of dealing out death until all that's left is the head, as even if it isn't capable of good movement it's still capable as a formidable turret of death beams, heck the bits alone per Gundam tradition are already super deadly to lesser pilots.
Look at the images again: The arms were gone, the spear was gone, a leg was gone, the X-Transmitters were disabled thanks to Girard, and there was no tail in sight. The only thing it had left was the chest blaster, and it wasn't even pointed at anyone.

Edit: Damn you, RD! Stop ninja'ing me.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:43   Link #94
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did like the touch of the reflection and assume we'll see a young Asemu reflection during a moment more critical to his character.

Seeing young Flit does remind you how he ended up like this. Yurin died and he never moved on from that kid who said the Vagans weren't human and that humans couldn't do things like that. Really he had the luck of the only Vagan character he really interacted with was Decil (great example of humanity there) and the base leader who didn't care about sacrificing Yurin. That bleak look at the Vagans helped push him towards this extreme viewpoint.
I always found it funny that Flit is an "eliminate them all" kind of mentality and yet the one who put him in that position, Desil, he simply let live. He never brought himself to eliminate him and instead it fell to his son to do so.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:45   Link #95
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I gotta say, Sid being referred to as a mobile suit is not cool. That displeased me.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:50   Link #96
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
I gotta say, Sid being referred to as a mobile suit is not cool. That displeased me.
The term "mobile armor" doesn't exist in the AGE realm, why so pissed?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 00:50   Link #97
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Houk: It doesn't have a tail gun, but a whip/heat rod. It lost both arms, so no arm cannons. Can't use the staff like that either. Back exploded, so presumably no X-Transmitter in the back, one leg, and both arms, so that's likely out of commission. All it has is its chest cannon now. Still not much to fight with.
Having watched it again the back exploded was the binder/thruster, the assumption that X-Transmitter is fried (also where does one determine that the X-Transmitter is in the back anyway?) is only something that the viewer can determine from the images inside the Ghirarga cockpit but not to someone like Flit, who's AGE-1 has no such X Rounder weaponary for him to know if these remote weapons are actually working or not.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 00:53   Link #98
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Having watched it again the back exploded was the binder/thruster, the assumption that X-Transmitter is fried (also where does one determine that the X-Transmitter is in the back anyway?) is only something that the viewer can determine from the images inside the Ghirarga cockpit but not to someone like Flit, who's AGE-1 has no such X Rounder weaponary for him to know if these remote weapons are actually working or not.
The actual transmitters for the X-Transmitter jut from six points: each arm, each leg, each back thruster/wing binder. All but one of these were blown away, and if the lower half of the remaining leg was blown off then that's definitely destroyed as well--the arm transmitters were stored in the forearm when not in use, and the leg transmitters were stored in the knees and shins.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:53   Link #99
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Having watched it again the back exploded was the binder/thruster, the assumption that X-Transmitter is fried (also where does one determine that the X-Transmitter is in the back anyway?) is only something that the viewer can determine from the images inside the Ghirarga cockpit but not to someone like Flit.
"Not to someone like Flit"? Isn't Flit a seasoned veteran who's spent the bulk of his life studying and fighting the Vagan like the obsessed and vengeful man he is? If you're trying to say he doesn't know Vagan MS, you need to rewatch all of AGE.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:55   Link #100
monster

Seeing as how Flit is now in charge, what's stopping him from throwing Kio into the brig and either piloting the AGE-FX himself or letting another X-Rounder use it? It should be obvious to Flit by now that Kio is not going to follow his will, so there's no real reason to let Kio keep the Gundam.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion