AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 21:51   Link #5641
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru842 View Post
What do you mean no one would read it? of course we will read it. Why do you feel like we left you behind Hunter? aren't our thanks not enough? We are always grateful for what you do. So keep positive ;-)
Y'know, when someone had already been finished translating A WHOLE BOOK, I guess people won't care about sum-ups that fall behind now.:P
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 22:55   Link #5642
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Y'know, when someone had already been finished translating A WHOLE BOOK, I guess people won't care about sum-ups that fall behind now.:P
MisterV aint gonna finish book 2 for a while, if you sum those, am definately reading them...

Forever Hunter, am always seeing you for almost years as my place for FMP info..XD..its like that spy that knows the hidden stuff...

the hunter!..XD...thats how i see you lol...
Old 2010-08-24, 23:10   Link #5643
mithrill

Quote:
That's not nessessarily true. After I read the complete transations of shutazen etc. I always read your summaries in case I missed something or didn't understand something.
mithrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 23:24   Link #5644
AlaAlba

Finally I finished vol 12.
Nice reading, great ending, and great climax on that island. nothing better than a happy ending. thanks Gatou Shouji for 12 years of hard works. I hope there will be some short stories, esp after stories, cant wait for it. good luck with "Cop Craft". I havent read that one but one day I will. ^^

Now I'll read zigma for more fmp
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 00:21   Link #5645
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
good luck with "Cop Craft". I havent read that one but one day I will. ^^
Wait, whut ? Cop Craft ? New series by Gatoh Meister ?

Oh yeah, I remember now, heard about it. Is it out already ? No way José !
If it's as good as FMP, I won't mind reading it, but srsly, can anything be as great as our ickle Sousuke ? With Kurz srpinkles on top ? Nah. ;D
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 05:50   Link #5646
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Update finished.
Like said, it'll take time to even start the translation of Chpater 2......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 06:43   Link #5647
mithrill

Quote:
Update finished.
Like said, it'll take time to even start the translation of Chpater 2......
Thank very much HunterSeeker. Where can we find the update?
Old 2010-08-25, 06:53   Link #5648
Kaoru842

Hunter, I'll read it! and your side-comments of what is going on are always helpful too. Cheesy but we are just like a family helping one another to understand the series better. ;-)
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 07:13   Link #5649
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Tessa's American, her family heritage is Italian. She was born and raised in New Hampshire.
From how she described her background in the side story where she and Sousuke go to a meeting of Mithril leaders (who turn out to be old pervs [two of them return in the novel "Come and Make My Day"]), I got the impression that Gatou had designed her background as Boston Brahmin; even if he kind of fudged it up by giving her an Italian surname. (But little incorrect cultural idiosyncrasies like that litter anime, so nobody should get too anal about it.) Here's what the English Wikipedia article has to say about it:

"Teletha Testarossa is an American by birth, as she was born in the USA's northeast (it is intimated that her cultural background is akin to Boston Brahmin), to a family of Swiss and Austrian descent, as revealed in the short story 猫と仔猫のR&R. It can be inferred that she is of Italian descent judging by her last name Testarossa. She traveled the world extensively as a child; however, she has spent a great part of her life living on submarines and military bases.

When she was younger, she lived in Okinawa for a while, while her father suggested she attend a Japanese school there, but as she did not mix very well with the other Japanese students, she was transferred to another school, this time on her father's military base."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Testarossa

There's a major U.S. Naval base at Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and it was probably there that Tessa's father was stationed when Amalgam agents raided their house, killed her father (Karl) and mother (Maria), and kidnapped Leonard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Naval_Shipyard

If anyone has a better knowledge of Tessa's backstory from the side stories, please feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 08:46   Link #5650
psicomenace

Quote:
Even if no one read it......
Second part of SBM1 Chapter 1 are being updated at #5487. Tomorrow shoudl finish the whole thing.

And while Chapter 2 was translated to Chinese, I got some personal stuff to do so it'll take longer to translate+summarize further chapters......
Thanks Hunter and of course everyone is going to read.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 09:20   Link #5651
FeistyDreams

Out of the Japanese wiki, it says that they lived in New Hampshire first, when Mardukas came to visit. Carl had TEMPORARY assignment to Okinawa after that (which is what I thought, because with how young Tessa was when she met Mardukas, she doesn't remember him, but she remembers her time in Okinawa reasonably well). Then, he went back home to New Hampshire.

They own a very nice house in NH, which is not something you see often in the military. His rank probably afforded him the salary, if the house wasn't in the family, but the fact that they owned a house at all? They must have known they'd be staying there for quite some time. Probably, his rank, and what he did, allowed him to be a little choosey about where he was. Ultimately, they can override that, of course, but as long as it didn't bother them, he could stay there. That's really the only times I ever hear of military families buying houses off-base.

Now, I'm not from a military family myself, but there's plenty of military IN my family, and my friends, and I've done no small amount of research on it myself as I'd wanted to join before I found out I couldn't. *shrug* I know one of my friends who was in a military family said "We're not going anywhere. We bought a house, so we're staying." She was so excited that they bought a house, 'cause it meant she could settle, make friends in high school without worrying about leaving them, etc.

*ahem* I got off-track there...

At any rate, yes, Tessa grew up in that house in NH. Okinawa was a short stint outside of it, most of her time was spent in NH.
Old 2010-08-25, 15:49   Link #5652
Subzero00

Hi it's been a few months since I was last here. Is there any news on a new show?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 15:55   Link #5653
mithrill

Spoiler for After reading the part where Mao speaks to the crew:

Last edited by mithrill; 2010-08-25 at 16:53.
Old 2010-08-25, 18:12   Link #5654
sy tao

Quote:
Nice reading, great ending, and great climax on that island. nothing better than a happy ending. thanks Gatou Shouji for 12 years of hard works. I hope there will be some short stories, esp after stories, cant wait for it. good luck with "Cop Craft". I havent read that one but one day I will. ^^

err umm, hey is this "Cop Craft"?
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 18:14   Link #5655
sy tao

even if this "cop craft" is good, it can't replace FMP !!!
Old 2010-08-25, 18:45   Link #5656
psicomenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
even if this "cop craft" is good, it can't replace FMP !!!
Completly agree.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 19:11   Link #5657
sy tao

Quote:

hi alaAlba, where'd you get your copy of vol 12? or is it a site with translations?
Old 2010-08-25, 19:45   Link #5658
MisterV

On Tessa, it's just as others have said... but then, they even failed with the "Turbulent". English filtered through katakana is pretty much a disaster in any case.

Yeah, Sousuke just... spoke his mind, and it was great, actually, I just hope that the translation adequately conveys it, but obviously, the best thing would be to hear Tomokazu Seki say it, heh. And yes, he does act like a cross between a ninja and Duke Nukem, so if this gets a movie... well, let's just say I hope it gets the right treatment, it could be better than the new Eva Rebuilds.

I must say, the first chapter contains a scene that, if animated, will probably be one of the most kick-ass mecha battle scenes ever.
By now, though, it's pretty much the Darkest Hour/Despair Event Horizon. Ooh, the tension. I'm trying not to look at the next page to see how things went... it keeps the process interesting.

Last edited by MisterV; 2010-08-25 at 21:13.
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 19:58   Link #5659
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
On Tessa, it's just as others have said... but then, they even failed with the "Turbulent". English filtered through katakana is pretty much a disaster in any case.

Yeah, Sousuke just... spoke his mind, and it was great, actually, I just hope that the translation adequately conveys it, but obviously, the best thing would be to hear Tomokazu Seki say it, heh.

I must say, the first chapter contains a scene that, if animated, will probably be one of the most kick-ass mecha battle scenes ever.
By now, though, it's pretty much the Darkest Hour/Despair Event Horizon. Ooh, the tension. I'm trying not to look at the next page to see how things went... it keeps the process interesting.
hi misterV, a big thank you for your hardwork in ZSBM part 1~~~!!!!!

*bows*
Old 2010-08-25, 22:39   Link #5660
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
err umm, hey is this "Cop Craft"?
cant view that.

this one, http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgd...4094511725.jpg
2 volumes were released so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Yeah, Sousuke just... spoke his mind, and it was great, actually, I just hope that the translation adequately conveys it, but obviously, the best thing would be to hear Tomokazu Seki say it, heh. And yes, he does act like a cross between a ninja and Duke Nukem, so if this gets a movie... well, let's just say I hope it gets the right treatment, it could be better than the new Eva Rebuilds.
I cant agree more lol, he speaks more than ever there, the longest I could remember.
I miss Yukino Satsuki's voice as chidori even more.

why they still havent make a new season anime anyway? money is not a problem from new fmp anime without doubt. other reasons maybe?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen