AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-17, 07:15   Link #381
Iron Maw
Banned

That was a nice episode! Admittingly the first half was okay and Etou's plan could be seen coming a mile way, but execution of second part of the episode was great. Keena not being a complete ditz for once was good too. Still don't really like Junko and IMO the other classmates had not suddenly turned against her she would have killed him. I really hope she gets less up tight as series progresses. Korone at this point is still the best girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Man, i didnt expect Korone to be Doraemon. XD
Despite one cheesy moment where the troops turn against Hattori, overall the show been pretty damn good and hilarious.

Sai in demon mode is full of win. Was half expecting him to spout some cheesy hero lines but instead i got a dark hero.... sweet!
Considering that this episode implies that his powers affect Sai's personality, I didn't expect those lines at all. It pretty awesome to him see beat out those jerks without effort though, but I think his powers will end up becoming a hindrance if what I said above is correct.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-17 at 07:44.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 07:42   Link #382
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And if you ask me, Korone is actually pulling off a great android personality rather than if she was a bland human. The fact that she isn't human gives more believability into her monotone actions that, and she barely moves a facial muscle
Good point!
Old 2010-04-17, 07:50   Link #383
ReddyRedWolf

I'm beginning to have a feeling the Church sent Keena to that school for the sole purpose of turning Akuto towards the good side. With the student body treating him like the Demon Overlord he will become the Demon Overlord. A self-fulfilling prophecy in the making.

By diffusing the tension Akuto wont be forced to rely on his inherent dark powers.

We see in this episode he can be very dangerous to those he does not favor. Sai Akuto isn't evil just dangerous. The saying "Beware the nice ones" apply to him.

Whoever programmed Korone Good Job!

I wonder what Lily the student council president is expecting of him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 08:01   Link #384
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

My lifelong birthday present ... I dont want it now..

SCREW DORAEMON.. Gimme Korone !
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 08:05   Link #385
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'm beginning to have a feeling the Church sent Keena to that school for the sole purpose of turning Akuto towards the good side. With the student body treating him like the Demon Overlord he will become the Demon Overlord. A self-fulfilling prophecy in the making.
That is a really nice theory. I just wished that Keena didn't annoy me so much. Maybe I'll warm to her once I get to know her better.
Old 2010-04-17, 08:16   Link #386
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Keena need to laze around more in Keionbu.. playing Geeta

But then, she brings Mio here too.. so cant really hate her for that
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-17, 09:09   Link #387
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Considering that this episode implies that his powers affect Sai's personality, I didn't expect those lines at all. It pretty awesome to him see beat out those jerks without effort though, but I think his powers will end up becoming a hindrance if what I said above is correct.
i think it's more his state of mind(determination and all that jazz)affecting how effectively he can use those powers, not the other way around. Even he himself is surprised at how calmly he owned those punks when he thought he might lose himself in a frenzy or something using his powers

heheh i always forgot hattori's va is also mio's va in k-on while you can easily hear the similarities between keena and yui lol

the conversation between keena and akuto when she threatened to tell everyone what he's been doing to korone cracks me up every time

Last edited by Hyouzan; 2010-04-17 at 09:24. Reason: lol~
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 09:56   Link #388
tsunade666

keena has really had her own paced of work and thinking. But for the church to even send her to make sai side with the good side..... I don't know. Maybe the church really intended too but for me it looks like keena just go their own her own accord.

And the one that bugs me is the beginning. When the girl left sai infront of the church. What does she mean by that? and also the dove. Is keena the same girl? but the girl their just doesn't look like the same keena. Maybe the appearance are the same. But the mood or rather the personality of the girl doesn't fit. Maybe she become like that when sai left but what's their relationship? chilhood friends?

though I really love this show.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 10:02   Link #389
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ I must admit.. I lolled..

Seriously, do you even try think for a bit harder?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-17, 10:07   Link #390
tsunade666

lolled at what? "stare".......... no, I did think about it but their are tons of things to happen on it.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:28   Link #391
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Doesnt it even occures to you that the baby is Sai and that girl is his mother? And Keena was simply another girl in that convent that came AFTER he grew up a bit? He even gave the bird pendant to her? The girl that drop the baby and Keena are not related in anyway.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-17, 10:39   Link #392
tsunade666

no. I didn't think that keena and the girl that leaves sai are the same. The one that bugs me is why does a mother leaves her child in front of the church. Their had to be a reason. The girl also say that sai is their hope and the day that he realize his fate he needs to be strong.

As for keena and sai's relationship. If keena is just an ordinary girl that grew up AFTER him. THen why would she cry when sai is going away? plus where is sai going to? his still young to go to the academy. And for sai to give the dove to the girl. They must be close. And I wouldn't be surprised if sai did promise something on that girl which he left on the convent or church.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:55   Link #393
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And the one that bugs me is the beginning. When the girl left sai infront of the church. What does she mean by that? and also the dove.Is keena the same girl? but the girl their just doesn't look like the same keena. Maybe the appearance are the same. But the mood or rather the personality of the girl doesn't fit. Maybe she become like that when sai left but what's their relationship? chilhood friends?
There's this thing called "speculation" but when you do too much of it (like you are) its just called "denial".
Old 2010-04-17, 11:15   Link #394
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no. I didn't think that keena and the girl that leaves sai are the same. The one that bugs me is why does a mother leaves her child in front of the church. Their had to be a reason. The girl also say that sai is their hope and the day that he realize his fate he needs to be strong.

As for keena and sai's relationship. If keena is just an ordinary girl that grew up AFTER him. THen why would she cry when sai is going away? plus where is sai going to? his still young to go to the academy. And for sai to give the dove to the girl. They must be close. And I wouldn't be surprised if sai did promise something on that girl which he left on the convent or church.
she's an orphan like him, that's why they show sai giving her the pendant, most likely the day she came to the convent, and when he leaves she sees him off. He said he promised somebody to change the world for good in the first episode.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 13:38   Link #395
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, Keena just went up like 10 notches in my moe metre from this episode alone. I knew she had a serious side from episode 1, but here its shown its much more than that. Hiding her elaborate schemes under the guise of being a ditz? You get a lot of evil schemers doing that, but not many that does it for the good of the world.

How exactly she managed to pull off taking the pills off the gun when the entire time she was talking to Akuto, or how she knew what those pills are for in the first place, we do not know. Makes her really stand out from the rest of the heroines, as she has more mystery surrounding her, making her character the least straightforward compared to the other heroines.

Doesn't help I melted at A-chan lol. Now if only Akuto would start calling her K-chan too...

I dunno, but Akuto/Keena reminds me a lot of another Maou/Ditz combo... being Laharl/Flonne. Hopefully the formers interactions stays as interesting as the latter as it is now. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 14:00   Link #396
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just updated the characters/seiyuus page to add pics and info for the three student council members who were introduced in ep3.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 14:54   Link #397
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just caught up with this. Korone was the main reason I got into it, and she doesn't disappoint. So. Much. Win. I'm impressed by Yuuki Aoi once again, she may not have a great vocal range, but her acting more than makes up for it. She's definitely become a seiyuu to look out for since Vampire Bund.
And it was a nice surprise to hear Hirohashi Ryou in episode 3, haven't heard her since... Denpa teki na Kanojo, I think. This pleases my ears.

The plot is actually better than I thought it'd be. Very fun to follow so far, and it looks like we can even expect to see some badass moments in the future.
Old 2010-04-17, 15:49   Link #398
Nosauz

keena is not ditz at all, she's just puts on the air of aloofness, guess to shelter herself?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 16:30   Link #399
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow, Keena just went up like 10 notches in my moe metre from this episode alone. I knew she had a serious side from episode 1, but here its shown its much more than that. Hiding her elaborate schemes under the guise of being a ditz? You get a lot of evil schemers doing that, but not many that does it for the good of the world.

How exactly she managed to pull off taking the pills off the gun when the entire time she was talking to Akuto, or how she knew what those pills are for in the first place, we do not know. Makes her really stand out from the rest of the heroines, as she has more mystery surrounding her, making her character the least straightforward compared to the other heroines.
I said it right from the start, this be a facade she's putting up. That last line she says sealed it in episode 03, about Fujiko wanting everyone to be friends with her. That was code word for "Fujiko wanted you and [Hattori] to be her underlings, you almost got funked A-chan"

It's also fun to think about the time between when Sai loaded the Love Gun, to Soga-chan's just-missing-1-more-lovers-secret-knock, to when Sai leaves. That's a short amount of time It should be safe to think that Soga knew Fujiko was into Black Magic, it's probably a fact that now we know why she was in the Forest running around naked, was most likely because of Sai's secret meeting with Fujiko. How she knew about that starts to become the real question. Seems Soga-chan knows the dealings of the academy enough to do these plots, and I think it would probably all have to do with why she was afraid of the headmaster (gasp! Maybe he's a schemer too! It all makes sense! His academy is a front for Sai's new army in the making, since it's all going according to prophecy. Remember Sai defying the choice selection? Ohmyohmyohmy )

Seems Soga-chan is being more likable and Junko-chan is being distanced

Which makes this whole thing interesting because it's moving towards my prediction of a 2 story series, now Sai knows Fujiko is up to no good and now he knows Fujiko is into the banned Black Magic. Conclude story 1 soon and prepare For True Story.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 16:41   Link #400
tsunade666

I think keena is just happens to be in the forest or she's just stalking sai or maybe she actually investigating stuff like when she is spying on hattori. I can't just read her. She's like a natural air head and I'm no good with her type.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen