AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-22, 13:30   Link #361
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
At least when presented in fresh, analytical dialogue with zany visuals and voice acting.
I honestly don't think this show has done anything fresh. It barely get any actual development in the romance department and the comedy was more tiresome and eye rolling than funny.
Old 2017-09-22, 16:11   Link #362
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The sad truth is, there's only one healthy relationship among this madcap group and Uehara and Karen had it figured out in the first minute of the episode. But I'm not so naive as to think there's a chance in hell the series is going for that ending.
What a great message that would be! "When (s)he tells you his/her opposite sex friend is just a friend that you have nothing to worry about... It's all a lie and at best (s)he's preparing to leave you. At worst (s)he's already cheating."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 17:15   Link #363
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oh, please...

I don't think we do any favors to anime by meekly accepting a lowest common denominator level of emotional realism, much less in romance series. Relationships have to be built on something besides a trope for them to actually work.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 17:30   Link #364
Mister Twit

Chiaki fainting was such a forced event to waste time. Unless I missed the part when there was anything to indicate that she was even feeling sick.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 18:29   Link #365
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Oh, please...

I don't think we do any favors to anime by meekly accepting a lowest common denominator level of emotional realism, much less in romance series. Relationships have to be built on something besides a trope for them to actually work.
We accept what we're given. I don't think there's any merit in trying to interpret a romcon as anything but a romcon. It's a futile exercise.
Old 2017-09-22, 19:42   Link #366
IceHism

Quote:
Oh, please...

Wrong series to crusade for that
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 00:36   Link #367
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Oh, please...

I don't like stories about relationships that end, no matter how much a part of real life they are; but that's not the issue. My point is that, despite the comical bouts of suspicion, the couples do have trust and commitment. (And absurd failure to communicate, yes, but again, not the point.) Validating those suspicions, and making them a lot less comical in retrospect, would be poor repayment for that trust.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 08:51   Link #368
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't like stories about relationships that end, no matter how much a part of real life they are; but that's not the issue. My point is that, despite the comical bouts of suspicion, the couples do have trust and commitment. (And absurd failure to communicate, yes, but again, not the point.) Validating those suspicions, and making them a lot less comical in retrospect, would be poor repayment for that trust.
I don't know, that the couple is quick to suspect the other is cheating suggests that there are problems in the relationship already and their failure to communicate is making things worse.

Then again this is not the type of series that displays the ups and downs of a relationship.
Old 2017-09-24, 03:16   Link #369
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

God I can't stand this absurd game of emotions they play. No one wins this game when the trainwreck reaches its end.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 04:32   Link #370
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

OMG! It's good to see Nakajima Yuka (Amagi Brilliant Park illustrator & H-doujinshi as Digital Lover) drew the ED card this week!
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 07:58   Link #371
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
OMG! It's good to see Nakajima Yuka (Amagi Brilliant Park illustrator & H-doujinshi as Digital Lover) drew the ED card this week!
That was a great illustration, to be sure.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 04:40   Link #372
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Oh, please...

Despite Aguri's line that love 'happens to you' a lot of work and effort does come out of that initial spark to make a relationship. The Gamers couples still need to put a bit of that work in, but I'm convinced that Amano and Tendou's regard for each other's particular cuteness/integrity is a workable foundation. Uehara needs to put a lot more effort in, though, especially with Aguri's effort to become 'a girl he'd like'. I think Uehara was really touched that Aguri liked him when he was a nerd, but he isn't sure how to express that. Embarrassment is a big part of first love, this could have been a touching, bittersweet series instead of a great farce.

It's a bit annoying that the girls in anime always seem to be crazy in love (wish fulfilment much?), while the boys deny their feelings and usually keep their cool. At least Amano and Uehara frequently make fools of themselves too.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 06:22   Link #373
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I liked this anime because of the comedy. I can admit that much.
I'm not gonna go into a deep analysis of the relationships because: first, it's gonna make my head hurt and, second, it's gonna make me hate the characters (probably). So, I'm gonna leave it alone, for now and keep the fond memories of the laughs. For now, anyway.

Is there any chance of a second season, you guys think?

Old 2017-09-25, 06:59   Link #374
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Hey, it hasn't ended yet.
Old 2017-09-25, 07:06   Link #375
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Hey, it hasn't ended yet.
It hasn't? Jeez, thank GOD!

Old 2017-09-26, 02:55   Link #376
Ghostfriendly

Just realised, Uehara was worried about Aguri cheating on him in the confession scene, but in ep12 he felt sure that cheating would be completely out of character for Amano and Aguri. Is that character progression or inconsistency?
Old 2017-09-26, 06:49   Link #377
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Just realised, Uehara was worried about Aguri cheating on him in the confession scene, but in ep12 he felt sure that cheating would be completely out of character for Amano and Aguri. Is that character progression or inconsistency?
I'm pretty sure it's progression. Remember, in the very beginning he saw her as a dumb girl who liked him for his looks and cool persona, despite having dated for a while at that point. He was completely dismissive of her love as a shallow attraction to the mask he'd made, and was shocked to no end by the realization that she had fallen in love with him before he'd made the mask, and had even made her own mask to try and fit with him. It was only after that that he started to actually get to know her as a person, so naturally he'd go through a good period where he wasn't sure about her. But when he finally saw her show real happiness for Keita and Karen's relationship and heard her talk of him as a high-maintenance little brother whom she tried to help out, he trusted her and recognized that, for better or worse, she simply wouldn't go off and cheat on him. Even if some other guy did turn out to be a far better match.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 07:40   Link #378
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post

I did not realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I liked this anime because of the comedy. I can admit that much.
I'm not gonna go into a deep analysis of the relationships because: first, it's gonna make my head hurt and, second, it's gonna make me hate the characters (probably). So, I'm gonna leave it alone, for now and keep the fond memories of the laughs. For now, anyway.

It probably won't get a second season. It doesn't seem to be especially popular.

Quote:
Inconsistency.

This show is shamelessly inconsistent and illogical. If you think too deeply about it then the character's thoughts and actions don't make much sense.
moridin84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 14:23   Link #379
AnimeFangirl

Uwah, the amount of QUALITY in the parade scene was a sight to behold. Nothing really happened in this episode, but it seems at least Chiaki has given up on Keita temporarily. In that sense something did happen, but since Chiaki and Konoho the only ones who even know about Chiaki's maybe-feelings for Keita it doesn't affect much. And Uehara was supporting Chiaki last episode but this episode he's on Karen's side? Not even surprised any more.

Can't wait to see the QUALITY in the final episode.

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2017-09-26 at 15:28.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 15:58   Link #380
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post

I did not realize this.

It probably won't get a second season. It doesn't seem to be especially popular.

Inconsistency.

This show is shamelessly inconsistent and illogical. If you think too deeply about it then the character's thoughts and actions don't make much sense.
Just how is he inconsistent? He initially thinks she doesn't even know him, then as he's just beginning to realize how things really are he gets concerned over whether she'd cheat, and then she finally confirms satisfactorily that she wouldn't cheat on him and just isn't that sort of person, only to start to feel that she deserves someone like Keita rather than him. Seems like a fairly consistent progression to me.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaming, harem, misunderstandings, not harem, rom com