AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 23:16   Link #721
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
No fully fan translated game has been licensed without legalizing the fan patch (as far as I know).
If you meant 'with' legalizing the fan patch (or illegalizing), then there's one instance I could find, and that was in this semi-recent game. Not a VN, but it still counts. It's kind of similar in that they took the PC's fan translation and licensed it for the PSP to cut costs, so there's a small chance it could happen again.

If Aksys ever firmly says no, I think we should turn to XSEED seeing as they did this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Umineko is too niche of a game that they would have to spend too much time on retranslating, on a dying, piracy-filled console. And it's not even out in Japan yet. By the time they are able to release it, the system will be completely dead; replaced by the Vita.
The PSP Vita could play PSP Go games if this ever came out on both online stores. Also, seeing how Aksys localized 999 with less of a fanbase in NA and on a dead console, the DS instead of the DSi or 3DS, they had successful results.
Old 2011-07-20, 23:43   Link #722
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
The PSP Vita could play PSP Go games if this ever came out on both online stores. Also, seeing how Aksys localized 999 with less of a fanbase in NA and on a dead console, the DS instead of the DSi or 3DS, they had successful results.
Games are not released for the DSi, they're released on the DS, which can be played by the DSi. Just like games were never released for the Game Boy Advance SP; they were released for the Game Boy Advance and could be played on the SP. Plus the 3DS wasn't even out at the time; did people even know it was in development? (I can't remember that much.)

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 23:46   Link #723
Revelation
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Games are not released for the DSi, they're released on the DS, which can be played by the DSi. Just like games were never released for the Game Boy Advance SP; they were released for the Game Boy Advance and could be played on the SP. Plus the 3DS wasn't even out at the time; did people even know it was in development? (I can't remember that much.)
My mistake once again. ( I'm on a streak today) I had the thought that there were specific DSi games.
Old 2011-07-21, 06:14   Link #724
CrimsonMoonMist

Weren't there at least some games with enhanced features when played on the DSi?
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 09:18   Link #725
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Weren't there at least some games with enhanced features when played on the DSi?
But it's still playable on the DS, so it is considered a DS game

It's classified under the lowest gen console that could play the game
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 12:22   Link #726
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I think even if such a thing is much of the past now, even nowaday the Higurashi PS2 VN would likely sell more then the Umineko PS3 one.
Since that didn't occur I'm really doubtful.
Aksys or Nisa might try to bring them over (especially as a PSN dl, sounds like it'd work more then a physical disk) but I personally rather they port something overly popular that can reach a broader group of viewers, making VN themselves into something popular.

The last thing I want is to have 1 Umineko game ported, then VNs themselves being forever off market in NA because of horrible sales.

Something by Typemoon or maybe Rewrite, imo, sounds like better ideas to port for now.

Randomly tho, I'm not entirely certain of the popularity of games like Neptunia and Agarest (rpg/srpg with heavy VN elements). I'd say unless these's sales surpass expectations it's really in vain to hope anything for VN in NA.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 14:10   Link #727
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Neptunia was literally slaughtered by the critics while Agarest was on the average.
Both of which are unlikely to represent the VN genre, since they were generally criticized on their gameplay parts, while the text portion was considered as a "silly extra".

Generally speaking, Vn would have much better chance if consoles had more "anime focused" stuff to make the general public more used to this kind of content. Should it occur, then we might see classic VN showing up before even hoping for niche stuff like Umineko.

But considering how things go for the PC VN market on our side, expecting them to work on consoles is a miracle that even Bern wouldn't be able to grant.
Old 2011-07-21, 14:13   Link #728
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Perhaps Hirano Aya?
I always imagined Dlanor with a Konata-like Hirano voice (but maybe I'm alone on that one).
Old 2011-07-21, 14:30   Link #729
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Dlanor with a Konata-like Hirano voice.
We'll need some Anime Tenchou character that goes 'Are wa... Densetsu no Dlanor "A."!!!'
...ok, it was a stupid pun. On another, more serious note, I noticed that in the 4.0 Chiru patch, Meta-characters tips of EP5, the second page for Erika is displayed in Japanese. If I recall correctly, we solved this issue in the Italian patch changing its path in the script from
":a;bmp\r_click\text\cha\ep5_2\eri_12.bmp"
to
":a;bmp\r_click\text\cha\ep5_2\eri_12.png"
I'm sure you'd have figured that out yourself but hey, I'd be happy if I can save you some time

Last edited by RedKey; 2011-07-21 at 14:33. Reason: proper grammar
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 14:47   Link #730
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

...Wait a minute. I remember reading somewhere that Rondo sales "weren't enough for Alchemist's expectations". But doesn't the fact they're making PSP ports and a Chiru adaptation mean they actually were high enough? I'm puzzled.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 15:05   Link #731
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
...Wait a minute. I remember reading somewhere that Rondo sales "weren't enough for Alchemist's expectations". But doesn't the fact they're making PSP ports and a Chiru adaptation mean they actually were high enough? I'm puzzled.
maybe it was not high enough at that time?
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 15:45   Link #732
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, they are probably trying to bank things on it, since they are basically selling nothing much at the moment.
The fact they are making a PSP port is a glaring clue that they are desperate into cashing more with the franchise.
Old 2011-07-22, 01:33   Link #733
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Umm, I'd suggest you to read the last page. Chiru PS3 wasn't the only game announced, you know.
Official site coming soon: http://www.umine.co/portable/
Ffffff. Yeah, I just noticed. I'm a slowpoke ;_;. Awesome, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
As far as I know they do not. Only the endgame choice affects the ending per say.
Quiz questions affects "extra scenes" told when you solve them and gives you a different prize after that.
Murder game simply prevents you from progressing until you got it.
Ohhh ok. Good to know, thanks~
Old 2011-07-22, 02:55   Link #734
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
We'll need some Anime Tenchou character that goes 'Are wa... Densetsu no Dlanor "A."!!!'
...ok, it was a stupid pun. On another, more serious note, I noticed that in the 4.0 Chiru patch, Meta-characters tips of EP5, the second page for Erika is displayed in Japanese. If I recall correctly, we solved this issue in the Italian patch changing its path in the script from
":a;bmp\r_click\text\cha\ep5_2\eri_12.bmp"
to
":a;bmp\r_click\text\cha\ep5_2\eri_12.png"
I'm sure you'd have figured that out yourself but hey, I'd be happy if I can save you some time
Sorry for getting off topic again but for me I personally think Minori Chihara fits Dlanor after hearing her voice acting for Nagato from Haruhi. That emotionless voice just seems to fit her.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:01   Link #735
catastrophe8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Sorry for getting off topic again but for me I personally think Minori Chihara fits Dlanor after hearing her voice acting for Nagato from Haruhi. That emotionless voice just seems to fit her.
Well we need her to do the whole "The Great Equalizer is Death" thing in a freaky way...

And it won't feel the same after watching The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2011-07-22, 11:11   Link #736
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Well, I suppose they could, though Minori Chihara is already cast as Sakutaro. I do know for a fact that they reused some voice actors, especially in the anime (Jurota Kosugi played Krauss and Okonogi, Atsuko Tanaka played Kyrie and Kasumi), but those actors were replaced for the PS3 version (Ken Narita as Okonogi, Sumi Shimamoto as Kasumi). I also know that there are at least one or two scenes where Sakutaro and Dlanor appear together, so if they were to use Minori Chihara, she'd have to be super-distinct with her voice, which shouldn't be too difficult, but still...

But as long as we're on the topic of existing voice actors playing new roles, maybe if Sumi Shimamoto were to play Featherine, then it would be kind of awesome because she'd be playing an older, grander witch compared to those played by Sayaka Ohara (Beato) and Kikuko Inoue (Virgilia), who both sort of took after Shimamoto. If not her, something tells me they may use some other prominent, Yamato Nadeshiko-type seiyuu to play her.

Old 2011-07-22, 12:01   Link #737
catastrophe8

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I also know that there are at least one or two scenes where Sakutaro and Dlanor appear together, so if they were to use Minori Chihara, she'd have to be super-distinct with her voice, which shouldn't be too difficult, but still....
If the dude who played Winnie the Pooh and Tigger can do it easily, then it shouldn't be that hard to do a monotone to giddy voice
Old 2011-07-22, 14:05   Link #738
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
If the dude who played Winnie the Pooh and Tigger can do it easily, then it shouldn't be that hard to do a monotone to giddy voice
It isn't out of the question, really. After all, the fighting game did get Rikiya Koyama (Rudolf) and Koji Yusa (Amakusa) to play seagulls.

Old 2011-08-03, 19:32   Link #739
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I guess these tweets will explain Arksys stance regarding Rondo.
-Initial request for new games suggestions
-Instant reply regarding umineko

Most likely involving suggestion about "buying translation from a group of fans": [1] [2]

In other words: I believe it is a very bad idea to keep being pushy with them.
Old 2011-08-03, 23:25   Link #740
Revelation
*Artist

Well that's definitely unfortunate to read. Pretty expected and a little unexpected at the same time to me, but at least we got some sort of voice regarding their stance instead of waiting 'till the end of time. My pessimism for this game to be brought over is quite deep right now, but I don't think we should give up quite yet. The vague response didn't totally eliminate the possibility sometime in the future with Aksys, and there are many other companies out there... such as Atlus, or maybe XSEED seeing as they used fan translation for one of the games, but I'm not sure how they feel about VN's.

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-08-03 at 23:45.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote