AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-10, 21:07   Link #41
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

thanks a LOT lordwu, NoSanninWa, and ojisan for the info, and heh i'll make sure to check on stupid typos next time i search for something new.
i'll stop the nonsensical rambling and give peace to this thread once again. Thanks again, people. and i'm looking forward to the series.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 03:36   Link #42
mrpenpen84
Inactive Member

Spoiler alert!

I guess I'm not the only one really into this anime. If anyones interested in know what really to Taiki and Gyousou, I know some info from the book. It looks like Gyousou realy became a tyrant type ruler and died from an ambush. Betrayed by those closed to him, Taiki was strucked with a sword. The blade wedged into Taiki's horn as he was in his animal form. He didn't die, but disapeared. Sanshi searched for him and found him. Only to find him in a shoku that did not let her in. Eventually, they both made it back, yet Taiki did not remember a thing. Wakeing up in front of a funeral. Yep, you understand what happenes next^_^.
mrpenpen84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 10:41   Link #43
okashi
okashinaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenpen84
I guess I'm not the only one really into this anime. If anyones interested in know what really to Taiki and Gyousou, I know some info from the book. It looks like Gyousou realy became a tyrant type ruler and died from an ambush. Betrayed by those closed to him, Taiki was strucked with a sword. The blade wedged into Taiki's horn as he was in his animal form. He didn't die, but disapeared. Sanshi searched for him and found him. Only to find him in a shoku that did not let her in. Eventually, they both made it back, yet Taiki did not remember a thing. Wakeing up in front of a funeral. Yep, you understand what happenes next^_^.

GAAHHHHHH!!! That made my desire for more even stronger!!!!! I love this series and prays every day that there will be more...

ps. Can you write more? Im really interested in what happens to all the people in that world...
okashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 00:52   Link #44
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Question about Juuni Kokki(12 Kingdoms)

I just caught wind of this series and its freakin awesome.However when i looked at animenfo.com it say this [Total Episodes 68 (NHK halted at episode 45) ]

Does this mean the entire series was never finshed and discontinued after episdoe 45 or are there really 68 episdoes,I hope to in the near future(when i gets me a job,and my birthday,umm good friday,easter,maybe next christmas) i would like to buy them
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 01:04   Link #45
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

It's only 45 eps in total. I think the last arc ended at ep 45.

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 01:14   Link #46
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

This has been brought up many times. The answer, again...

When the series started, it was originally planned at 68 episodes. However, NHK halted it at episode 45 (at the end of that particular story arc). Two possible explanations for this have been given...

1) NHK feels that, if Youko isn't the main protagonist (she doesn't appear in this next arc in the novel order) then they won't have as much of a viewer base.

2) They may be waiting for more novels to be finished by the original author.

There hasn't been any additional word as far as I know.
Old 2004-01-04, 13:56   Link #47
acefighter
Banned

dont worry. if they start up again. thier wont be a bad delay for america translation
acefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 14:00   Link #48
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

I forgot all about this anime. Jk is excellent... I like how the they go in depth with each character. You are never really left wondering why?
This is usually not my type of anime but I gave it a chance one night and dl/ed the the first episode. I was hooked after that!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 15:15   Link #49
Eins610

Twelve Kingdoms Box?

I'm interested in getting this series, but I can't seem to find the artbox. Did they release one or are they waiting for the complete collection?
Eins610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 19:36   Link #50
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eins610
I'm interested in getting this series, but I can't seem to find the artbox. Did they release one or are they waiting for the complete collection?
I assume you mean a box for the DVDs. I wasn't aware that there was going to be one, but I not absolutely sure. I would suggest you check out AnimeOnDVD and have a look around there under Release Dates or Reviews, or ask in their forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 22:24   Link #51
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

They (Media Blasters) mentioned somewhere that due to odd circumstances with episode production (namely, they didn't know how many episodes would be produced at said rate) it'd be difficult for them to release a box for a series that wasn't quite done yet, due to volume count changing. They said once the 15th (or last) DVD was out, they would release a boxed set and an empty artbox for those who had been following the series.

Hope that helps
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 00:15   Link #52
Go-lytely

Juuni Kokki last arc

That last arc stunk. What ruined it for me was that they completely forgave the kid with the youma. They murdered a bunch of people and the kid gets off scotfree. I agree with the producers now because I enjoyed the eps with Yoko much more than the ones that didnt focus on her.

Last edited by Go-lytely; 2004-02-07 at 00:55.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 05:56   Link #53
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
I liked it. The youma kid was forgiven at the end because Shoryuu was supposed to be an all-forgiving emperor who would forgive anyone if they truly wished for it. The fact that the youma kid didn't murder anyone especially close to the Shoryuu or Enki (like how Asano almost killed Kei-Kei) might have also influenced the emperor's leniency.

And I liked the Taiki arc too although the best was by far the third arc (the Yoko, Shoukei, Suzu one). I hope the series is continued sometime in the future.
Seta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 18:22   Link #54
Go-lytely

What about the female advisor? I forget her name but she was pretty close to both of taiki and shouryuu
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 00:12   Link #55
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
Ribi? I think that's a different case though since she wasn't directly killed by the youma kid. It was more along the lines of sacrifice rather than homicide. By the way, do you (or anyone else) know the name of the song of when Sanshi took Taiki back to the Juuni Kokki world? I'm pretty sure it's in one of the OSTs but I can't find the name of it. It sounded like a wind ensemble with a guitar.
Seta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 01:52   Link #56
krusher

fuushun from the ost
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 03:58   Link #57
Laone
Hopelessly Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to Laone
The Twelve Kingdoms MIA

I've not been able to find the answer to my question in my searches, so if it has been answered already, please forgive.

Has anyone heard of the hold-up on The Twelve Kingdoms DVD 4 ? It was due out a few weeks ago. Disk 5 is slated to be out March 30.

Please note I am not talking fansubs, I am talking about the actual licensed DVD's.

Any news is welcome as are comments.
Laone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 05:37   Link #58
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laone
Has anyone heard of the hold-up on The Twelve Kingdoms DVD 4 ?
There isn't one as far as I know.

I have Vol 4 at this very moment, it was deliveried last Monday (and I must add this was shipped to the U.K.)

Ordered it from DVDPacific and they posted it in a matter of days.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 07:48   Link #59
oDin01

I haven't heard any delays for Twelve Kingdoms vol 4. Deepdiscountdvd shipped out my copy late last month and received it a couple weeks ago.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 12:00   Link #60
Anax
Animefactory Encoder

I also have my copy--found on the shelf in Suncoast.
Anax is offline   Reply With Quote