AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-04-11, 02:43   Link #58541
DarkJak2050

That's just great; Zero comes back and when I need to ask him something, he's not there...

And Stratospear, too.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 06:20   Link #58542
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

PM me bruh.

I've decided to forego most romcom cliches and keep things brief with only 7 chapters. With the focus being entirely on a very small OC cast. (Yes OCs, I'm still not putting any CCs into the plot because fanbase)

The OCs themselves, however, may appear as proxies. To keep plot focused more on Tsurugi and the Athena (ISA side), Inami and the Minerva ("military" side) will be the Tatenashi of the cast - that is he will have prior untold experience against PT and is pretty much the powerhouse of the cast. Having a technologically inferior unit would project this further. (Skills-over-tech)

Tsurugi and the Athena would be the Ichika of the cast - Sword user, able to go toe-to-toe against a Representative with a training suit but with a little more brainpower to not run head-first into everything.

Then there's the OC Representative who is the Chifuyu of the cast - Skilled IS user though not as OP as Chifuyu, powerful up-front but secretly wishes someone can protect her as much, and has a history with one of the antagonists which pretty much makes her the anchor character for a possible sequel/spinoff.
Old 2016-04-11, 06:24   Link #58543
DarkJak2050

Well, I was going to ask you (and Zero) on something that's related to this.

I plan on having something like that in Project Silverback.
Old 2016-04-11, 08:02   Link #58544
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What about it? Doesn't seem all that odd to have that in the IS-verse..
Old 2016-04-11, 08:08   Link #58545
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm here lol

Three volley salute probably general part of I.S. academy marksman class just like basic kendo as shown in the opening.
Old 2016-04-11, 19:57   Link #58546
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
What about it? Doesn't seem all that odd to have that in the IS-verse..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm here lol

Three volley salute probably general part of I.S. academy marksman class just like basic kendo as shown in the opening.
That may be so, but for how my guys, they use if on a more ceremonial manner. Like how it should be.

Remember that I've asked before if the Canon story's going to go through the month of November?

If you remember what happened in my fic, November has a significant lasing impression for my guys.

That's where the Three-Volley Salute comes in.
Old 2016-04-12, 07:39   Link #58547
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Probably the same as most ceremonies would go. Then again, typically it would be done near the burial site of the fallen that they are paying respect to.
Old 2016-04-12, 16:01   Link #58548
DarkJak2050

And that's what's going to be in my fic.

But I'm thinking of weather or not I should have the canon characters involved, because it's not going to be at IS Academy for sure.

I posted an extension of what happened in IS Academy's Infirmary, and what happened in there got the canon characters curious.

I posted it when you were gone for a long while. To save you the trouble of looking for it, here.
Old 2016-04-14, 09:33   Link #58549
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

You guys remember that post that said "Asterisk is everything IS should be" ?
Who's here glad that IS turn out to be a OK series at 7/10 (1st Season) and 5.5/10 (2nd season) instead of the 1/1 generic shitfest that was Ass Wars?

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 15:40   Link #58550
S-34
Mechwarrior

Asterisk Wars? Oh god that made me cringe. I was expecting some great sci-fi combat, but instead... uselessness. Honestly, I started to know this show was going nowhere as soon as I heard about that sword... Why couldn't the protagonist have a normal freakin weapon?! At least give him something less cliche than a dark sword with a darker past that basically turns him into every inexperienced RPer or fanfic maker I've ever seen... I cried. On the inside of course. And this was also one of those shows that makes fun of guns.... Guns are way more effective than any melee weapon ever will be. Accuracy issues? Use a shotgun or an SMG with a high ROF. It makes no sense that anyone would be given a melee weapon over a ranged. I get that the weapons are chosen via compatibility testing, but come on... Who decided "We're going to be a melee focused combat school! While all the bad guys have guns and superpowers, we're going to have sparkly swords! Great idea, right?!"
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 15:47   Link #58551
DarkJak2050

You're straying off topic...
Old 2016-04-15, 07:00   Link #58552
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I can't write for #$!@# right now.

Seriously. Nothing. Comes to mind to write.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 07:49   Link #58553
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
You're straying off topic...
Not by that much of a margin, actually. Ichika is basically just that, minus the "weapon having dark past" thing. And the fact that he pilots a mech suit.
Honestly, it's the mecha factor and the few overworked and underpaid braincells of Infinite Stratos author that kept IS from being Ass War.
Also, why haven't 34 said anything like that to Ichika's sword? I mean, I get that it's a powerful weapon, but if you hand me a Grungust that can only use the Keitou Ragouken attack and the Anketsatsu attack, or even the Gousatsu attack, I will never pilot that thing into battle. Even if all of the attacks have no will requirement. Variety is nesscesary for a weapon's success. That's why we give battleship small-to-medium caliber guns to focus on the tasks that would be overkill or impossible for a BB's main battery.

Old 2016-04-15, 15:09   Link #58554
DarkJak2050

Yet, that doesn't mean you can vent on how another series doesn't suit your taste on a different forum/thread. That in itself, you're straying off this thread's topic.

If you want to do that, go to the Aster-- oh sorry-- the "Ass War" forums.

Now then, I have something that I want to ask because I'm thinking of adding it to my fic. But it's going to take sometime because I need to look for a visual aid for it to help explain/ask.
Old 2016-04-15, 16:10   Link #58555
S-34
Mechwarrior

Just a habit of going off course when someone mentions it. About Ichika's sword, yeah, I'd prefer to use a Mega Blade from ACVD than that trash. Even if it hurts me, there's no need for me to get in melee range. That thing reached across the desert map once and swatted my brother like a fly. Ichika's sword is another special snowflake weapon. I would rather have the protagonist work his way to a better weapon or build it from scratch, rather than have him get it at the start of the series. It's like he had a free "New Game +" save file up his ass.

Also, what is it Dark? Visual aid?
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 08:32   Link #58556
NatokoMizuki
Ace of Zeta

Hey everyone, would you consider a character by the name of Sayuka Yorutake (black long hair with hairclips, friend of Honne) NOT important to the plot, or "invalid" as they might say?

~From the Star of Water~
NatokoMizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 13:55   Link #58557
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let me say this to start. I love side characters.

As far as v8. No side character has shown a significant role in the series. Not even regulars like nohotoke sisters.
Old 2016-04-16, 15:44   Link #58558
NatokoMizuki
Ace of Zeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Let me say this to start. I love side characters.

As far as v8. No side character has shown a significant role in the series. Not even regulars like nohotoke sisters.
OK. I just need to confirm that the character I mentioned was a girl with no special plot relations and can be totally used as Houki's roommate and friend.

~From the Star of Water~
NatokoMizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 21:36   Link #58559
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I can't write for #$!@# right now.

Seriously. Nothing. Comes to mind to write.
Like always?

And me. Well. Things like EdX and so on.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 09:38   Link #58560
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatokoMizuki View Post
OK. I just need to confirm that the character I mentioned was a girl with no special plot relations and can be totally used as Houki's roommate and friend.
Sis, are you going to do what I think you're going to do?! Oh geez...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest