AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 11:01   Link #1141
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mathematics and Vampire

That's two episodes in a row that I enjoyed very much.

Spoiler:

Shirayuki was particularly fun to watch how relatively knows nothing about trigonometry or even arithmetics at all.

But, my there was so much showing-off about Kurumu comparing "boings". Lilico-sensei's teaching method would be something I don't want to try, unless I'm a hopeless dork to fall for the tutoring trap and ends up as a prancing pony.

Lilico-sensei voiced by Aya Hisakawa? How small is the world?

Last year she voiced a mentally unstable, hybrid girl that lost it in one-big shot and turned into a big-horned bitch, and this year voiced a hard, aroused echidna teacher with a dominatrix-style method for teaching math.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 11:02   Link #1142
Shirozoku

I, on the other hand, just got slightly frightened of Lilico-sensei...it might have been because of the burning candles and obvious signs of S&M, but at least it went well in the end.

Also, the snow cone part with Shirayuki made me go instant ~baaaaaw.

But out from all the things people have posted here about the manga being 64x times better, and i have only taken time to watch the anime, i have to ask...am i missing out on something?
Shirozoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 11:26   Link #1143
Nemuru

Well I heartedly don't believe the manga is that much better than the anime or else I wouldn’t be able to enjoy Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima and so forth.

Anyway, the animated chapters so far are 1,2,3,4,5, 18/19, 12, some events are being animated first while others are being kept for later. I don’t believe you’re missing out on much at this stage as I assumed it will be animated later on. The only alteration that causing a stir amongst the manga fans are Shirayuki chapter episode 7 IMO.

And finally there’s less pantsu

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-02-25 at 14:17.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 12:39   Link #1144
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Wow, I would have done much better in math if I had a teacher like that!
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 13:51   Link #1145
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Last year she voiced a mentally unstable, hybrid girl that lost it in one-big shot and turned into a big-horned bitch, and this year voiced a hard, aroused echidna teacher with a dominatrix-style method for teaching math.
It took me a while to figure out what anime you were talking about, hopefully it's Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria
I lol'ed. In fact, it might bring the opposite effect - You will be lost in your own erotic thoughts
Haha so true but it would greatly raise my attentive skill, boost my courage while decrease my study stats

EDIT: I never payed much attention to the BGM previous but this episode really shine in that department and not to forget the insert song.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-02-25 at 14:20.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:38   Link #1146
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Well I heartedly don't believe the manga is that much better than the anime or else I wouldn’t be able to enjoy Hayate no Gotoku, Zero no Tsukaima and so forth.

Anyway, the animated chapters so far are 1,2,3,4,5, 18/19, 12, some events are being animated first while others are being kept for later. I don’t believe you’re missing out on much at this stage as I assumed it will be animated later on. The only alteration that causing a stir amongst the manga fans are Shirayuki chapter episode 7 IMO.

And finally there’s less pantsu
That, and as well that Tsukune pull off the rosario willingly due to a dire circumstance that required the silver-haired Moka to save their lives, made the entire episode enjoyable.

I was getting fed up at whatever farfetch'd and inverosimile twist thrown in to manipulate Tsukune pulling off the rosario out of an act of random accident or giving him an excuse to fall onto Moka's breasts to take off the rosario.

Last edited by Guido; 2008-02-25 at 17:52.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:12   Link #1147
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i will still claim that he was pulling the rosario off on purpose for a couple of episodes :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:29   Link #1148
X207
Gamyūsa

so far i only find that ep 8 and one other ep was an instance where he removed it on purpose. the ep that he failed to remove it then suceeded by saying that he still would like to be friends with moka regardless of her being a vampire.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:23   Link #1149
syniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
i will still claim that he was pulling the rosario off on purpose for a couple of episodes :P
Spoiler for for ep.8:
syniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:46   Link #1150
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

I was impressed. Honestly, I didn't expect episode 8 to turn out the way it did. I was expecting another lame episode consisting of the same ol' sequence; "Bad guy/girl - Tsukune is the victim - Moka is sad - Moka and the others discover that the bad guy/girl was a bad person - Bad guy/girl tries to kill them - Moka and Tsukune are one inch away from dying - Tsukune pulls off the rosario by accident - Moka turns into badass Moka - Badass Moka fights the evil - Everything returns to normal". Well, although this episode did follow this sequence (except that this time, Tsukune pulled off the rosario ON PURPOSE (WOOT !!)), I gotta admit, it was very well done. At the beginning of the episode, my expectations weren't that high, if you see what I mean (-> "Great, a hottie as a math teacher + private lessons = 'perfect' hentai scenario ? -___- "), so I ended up being surprised by the fact that I had enjoyed this episode, in the end. Also, the insert song was a nice touch, and the BGM... simply wonderful.

(Oh gosh... Rosario to Vampire Episode 09 : "Summer Break and Vampire". Come on. Not an episode at the beach, please. Please, DON'T DO THIS TO ME !!! (<- *hates those kind of episodes*))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Mathematics and Vampire
Spoiler:
I was going to say that.

Oh, and when Lilico-sensei showed up in her... well, outfit, I was all like "AWH MAI GAWD, S&M ?!!!!!". I swear, I hate this anime for making us think that this is going to turn into a hentai show -___-
Featherine B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:56   Link #1151
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post

(Oh gosh... Rosario to Vampire Episode 09 : "Summer Break and Vampire". Come on. Not an episode at the beach, please. Please, DON'T DO THIS TO ME !!! (<- *hates those kind of episodes*))
Don't worry, it's not. From the various "spoiler" around, it will be

Spoiler:
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:58   Link #1152
syniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
Oh, and when Lilico-sensei showed up in her... well, outfit, I was all like "AWH MAI GAWD, S&M ?!!!!!". I swear, I hate this anime for making us think that this is going to turn into a hentai show -___-
It does skirt lines, this anime. lol the fan service does make me roll eyes. What amazes me is that it still manages to seem cute and innocent despite all that.
syniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 22:36   Link #1153
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Yeah it's getting better I must admit. and indeed Shirozoku, teh snow cone part was amazing which is why i made it my iconz lol.

but despite the eyerolling from fan-service. I still do enjoy it alot
WHATS funny tho...is that theirs alot of fan-service...but no real "NUDITY" or hardcore sexual references....like....it's all just boobies and pantsu...but thats really it.
altho this anime is still cute, Moka's voice altho annoying is cute aswell. but mizore <3 uguu~.......

less pantsu tho ftw, altho Lilico-Sensei was surprising....when she was ahem..on top of him

ugh cant wait for GAR Tsukune....
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:44   Link #1154
Westlo
Lets be reality

After reading a lot of the manga it's a pity that Gonzo didn't give this 26 episodes. I know they can easily do another season of 13 episodes but if it was one season of 26 than they wouldn't have rushed the introductions of all the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
This is the start of one of the best parts from the first half of the manga, the other best part should be animated right after it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:53   Link #1155
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Hey in episode 8, while the five of them were studying, what was it that Shirayuki-san was writing all over the inside of her notebook? I kinda inferred that it was "Tsukune" because of the others' reactions, but I can't be sure because the fansubs didn't say and I didn't recognize the kanji.
Old 2008-02-27, 00:11   Link #1156
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

What did that say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Hey in episode 8, while the five of them were studying, what was it that Shirayuki-san was writing all over the inside of her notebook? I kinda inferred that it was "Tsukune" because of the others' reactions, but I can't be sure because the fansubs didn't say and I didn't recognize the kanji.
Good question, and I have another I'd like to add to the 'translation request list':

Right before the credits roll Shirayuki shows her test to the camera and some kanji flashes red as the screen cuts to black. Anyone know what is written there?
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:24   Link #1157
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Someone said that was like "gender" and that she wrote it wrong saying she was a man. of course they could be BSing.

I didnt recognize the Kanji personally but Ill look into it
Old 2008-02-27, 07:19   Link #1158
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Saved this pic from 4chan (also turned it into my new sig)
Spoiler for Slightly NSFW:

________
FORD ZETEC ENGINE PICTURE

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:30.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 15:35   Link #1159
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

lol that cant be official artwork can it? I doubt even lolgonzo would make something that risque lol.
fanart im assuming? lol
Old 2008-02-27, 16:23   Link #1160
OMG_Zerg_Rush

they got it from here
http://haruka.saiin.net/~naranja/

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire