AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-18, 16:00   Link #121
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
oh shit, man. oh shit, man. oh shit, man.

I'm all in on this one. Really interested to see what's gonna happen from here on out.

So are emniwhats just a different name for humans?
Humans are how humans call themselves. Enmenwiht are how other races calls humans. So since humans are extinct, everyone nowaday logically use Enmenwiht.
Old 2017-04-18, 16:19   Link #122
Toullaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
The ones sending them to fight aren't very smart.
They only have 4 weapons. I don't see how they can afford to blow one of them up.
When the woman opens the door, others sword seems to store in racks, with only their handle which is visible. It is likely others weapons for the fairies.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 17:42   Link #123
Blueknight78

ok, while overal i liked the episode and the serie so far my only complain will remain the same for the troll girl, which no goes to the supposed to be "leprechaun girls, again a "not so human like race being now really too humanized and what is worst "being almost a only girls race" where you have just completely normal girls look, totally different from "any tale" about them, basically for the sake of "cute girls the mc must be surrounded only by "cute girls" i know which this is also to make us even feel worst for they deaths and being expandable but you can do that too without then need to be like that.

after this episode i really not gonna doubt if appear a hot teen look elf girl without point ears, just because she is a "unfeatured race" basically another "human called x race for the sake of plot.

comparing that serie with the other fantasy like zero in the same season make this like really bad when come to characters appearance and too much "moe girls".

this is only my complain otherwise very deep episode, and the troll girl still being the obligatory perv fanservice with her lewd things.

about they being expandable and more like "ammunition" than weapons this can make up for the lack of self protection, which even if they life where like that, they where supposed to have a minimum of self preservation to know about "danger" and only sacrifice on combat and not totally whatever for anything, that looked really creep, because a "broken weapon" is not good, then the weapon must have a minimum of care and cautions if the owners want then to keep being usefull which they clear don't have and here is clear which they are really the "end of stick".

but at same times this only look like true for the lolis girls, the "teens ones" look more like aware of they lifes and maybe a little pissed of they destiny, which can play a huge role later in plot.
Old 2017-04-18, 17:56   Link #124
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
ok, while overal i liked the episode and the serie so far my only complain will remain the same for the troll girl, which no goes to the supposed to be "leprechaun girls, again a "not so human like race being now really too humanized and what is worst "being almost a only girls race" where you have just completely normal girls look, totally different from "any tale" about them, basically for the sake of "cute girls the mc must be surrounded only by "cute girls" i know which this is also to make us even feel worst for they deaths and being expandable but you can do that too without then need to be like that.

after this episode i really not gonna doubt if appear a hot teen look elf girl without point ears, just because she is a "unfeatured race" basically another "human called x race for the sake of plot.

comparing that serie with the other fantasy like zero in the same season make this like really bad when come to characters appearance and too much "moe girls".
Answer to that complain is far simpler than for the troll.
If you do it any other way than that.

The whole plot contradicts itself and completely crumble.
Note that I'm not saying here that "the author found a good excuse to have little girls everywhere", no. I'm telling you "the author doesn't have a choice in that matter, except if he want to rewrite everything or almost".

Basically, while I can see WHY you're thinking that way, you unknowingly complained that the plot makes sense. Can't and won't be more precise for obvious reason, this is an anime thread, so all I can tell you is that it's mandatory, because there's no way you understand anything you're no supposed to with just that, but I can't say more without spoiling.

As I said before, stop trying to find fanservice choice where there isn't any reason for them to be. And yes, contrary to what your previous post said; I know what fanservice mean. There is none. Even that scene with the massage here? If you took this as fanservice, you misunderstood. The move Nygglatho did early in this episode? Same, you misunderstood.

You can't compare this to re-zero. In re zero, very little things as far as appearance goes are tied up to the plot. In Sukasuka, the writing is of a far higher level, and that kind of thing is directly tied to it. If you try to change some, you may quickly end up with a "it doesn't make sense anymore" ending.
Old 2017-04-18, 17:58   Link #125
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Oh man, as soon as that little girl fell, and acted like it was nothing.... this Saikano feeling.... I can't escape it D0=....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 18:12   Link #126
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i hope this doesn't end up like saikano. one of those shows in my lifetime is enough. i really think another one would kill me. but if they do go that way, i hope they develop each girl enough so we care for each of them.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 18:15   Link #127
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Answer to that complain is far simpler than for the troll.
If you do it any other way than that.

The whole plot contradicts itself and completely crumble.
Note that I'm not saying here that "the author found a good excuse to have little girls everywhere", no. I'm telling you "the author doesn't have a choice in that matter, except if he want to rewrite everything or almost".

Basically, while I can see WHY you're thinking that way, you unknowingly complained that the plot makes sense. Can't and won't be more precise for obvious reason, this is an anime thread, so all I can tell you is that it's mandatory, because there's no way you understand anything you're no supposed to with just that, but I can't say more without spoiling.

As I said before, stop trying to find fanservice choice where there isn't any reason for them to be. And yes, contrary to what your previous post said; I know what fanservice mean. There is none. Even that scene with the massage here? If you took this as fanservice, you misunderstood. The move Nygglatho did early in this episode? Same, you misunderstood.

You can't compare this to re-zero. In re zero, very little things as far as appearance goes are tied up to the plot. In Sukasuka, the writing is of a far higher level, and that kind of thing is directly tied to it. If you try to change some, you may quickly end up with a "it doesn't make sense anymore" ending.
could had be much more simple if the girls where a "new race" but you get a totally different race and turn in a totally different one for the sake of who knows..., is not that good

ok my last replay to you since you look like or pretend to be something... or maybe is trying to pick with me, cuyz a scene where the woman liked him then sholder her lips in a sexy way and the girls around acted like she did a pervet thing to make it even more obvious, then really if you don't agree and dislike my post do a favor and use ignore buttom ok?? i'm not gonna replay to you anymore, let's just disagree with everything rigth??

i was not talking about zero i was talking about the zero kara, with the teen look witch and the beastman tiger mc, the settings on that serie look much less "let's use just cute girls in every place than this one.

again let's just happy disagree and not waste more time please.
Old 2017-04-18, 19:03   Link #128
Zefyris
図書館狼

Oh, this one. Haven't read it, just saw the anime like you, so it's too soon to say anything, although it looks like another promising one. But isn't the look of Zero completely for waifu purpose only? Could be an old looking witch. I mean she's apparently extremely knowledgeable, and the way she talks... Probably means she's quite older than she looks. Yet she looks like a teenager. Going from your interpretation, this IS fanservice and an unneeded one,e xcept if we get a logical explanation for it... just like trolls and leprechauns in Sukasuka .

Also, I just answered your concerns, I have nothing specifically against you. I thought you would be happy to know that no, the choice of appearance for the leprechauns is perfectly logical and not for fanservice reason. May I add that the choice of name is actually making sense as well. So your worries about this shows going the bad way aren't founded and you don't need to worry on those points. I'd say that's pretty good to know?

Last edited by Zefyris; 2017-04-18 at 19:18.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 19:16   Link #129
Blueknight78

Quote:
Oh, this one. Haven't read it, just saw the anime like you, so it's too soon to say anything, although it looks like another promising one. But isn't the look of Zero completely for waifu purpose only? Could be an old looking witch. I mean she's apparently extremely knowledgeable, and the way she talks... Probably means she's quite older than she looks. Yet she looks like a teenager. Going from your interpretation, this IS fanservice and an unneeded one,e xcept if we get a logical explanation for it... just like trolls and leprechauns in Sukasuka .

Also, I just answered your concerns, I have nothing specifically against you. I thought you would be happy to know that no, the choice of appearance for the leprechauns is perfectly logical and not for fanservice reason. May I add that the choice of name is actually making sense as well.
yeah the fact which she look like a "young girl" and have some "hot cloths under her cloack and try to do some little lewd tricks with him is another fanservice the thing is it is not just omg how eccchi it is, it is like spice and wolf and many others non ecchi centric animes or novels, that scenes where not the focus but they where needed, the same goes for many kyoto animes where we have some "fanservice scenes here and there" but the anime still not for "perv", but they still want to attract that public even if a little, that is my point i never told which i hate and none serie must have it, it's normal speciall in anime/novel market, they just exist and even peoples don't like it is obligatory to have in almost everyone otherwise many of the series not could be with so hot and young look girls if things where to be really serious and without any fanservice.

my comparation was more like that "zero serie" also have animal look creatures, racism and bla bla bla but the mc itself is one and he not surrounded by only girls" he travelling with the female witch and a "male witch" which already something really rare, normally on series liked that every witch could be a "female" and probably "hot look one".

if that serie was like a dumbas haremish where the mc is a fail male surrounded by hot different type of monsters girls(like a anime which was about a guy living with many monsters girls) then have almost everyone look like a girl could be more acceptable, but after years having a vision about trolls and leprechauns and a "serious anime" making everyone look like a "waifu material or a cute loli" is weird for me, this reduce my credibility over this anime, while i can understood about the lolis to make us feel even worst still don't look good for me.
Old 2017-04-18, 21:02   Link #130
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So all those kids are weapons and there not scared of death but you would think that they would try not to get hurt that bad

Well at less Willem know how to making those kids warm up to him
Old 2017-04-19, 02:40   Link #131
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Oh man, as soon as that little girl fell, and acted like it was nothing.... this Saikano feeling.... I can't escape it D0=....
Thanks for mentioning this; thought the atmosphere of ep2 felt familiar somehow. It's also a similar kind of feeling in Voices of a Distant Star.
Old 2017-04-19, 06:15   Link #132
Arya

Well, well, I loved this episode. Of course discounting the sad premise in itself, but it did many things right.
I have to say that, what's wrong with this show about names, Chtholly didn't convince me the first time around, but definitely she got me this time, her VA was, I don't know, awesome. The whole scene worked exactly as it should. I mean, no stupid tropes getting in the way, no stupid embarrassed moments from the MC. Basically it felt that for once character roles and ages got executed as they should.
The MC also was consistent with the little background I/we know, I also liked how he resolved to cook them some yummy creme caramel to win them over.

Minor issue with the scene of the scarp since well, it didn't flow flawlessly as the previous one, still striking home of course!
And I agree that the BGM is nearing the excellence so far setting up the mood perfectly.

Now, speaking of the MC, I almost read close to nothing about the show, but am I wrong or Williem being a human should be able to use those sword? He said something about not being able to kill or fight anyone, but they didn't explain why, right?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 06:24   Link #133
RDNexus

The flashback moments might explain why he can't use any of the swords or fight, if it hasn't already.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 07:36   Link #134
Arya

I watched the episode yesterday very late at night, I didn't want to wait, so I may have lost some bits here and there. Anyhow it's not very relevant for me the why (I don't care about minutiae as why said character has or has not this or that feature, or the like, if the characters are well written) than the possibility or not. Just to set my expectations to NOT expect him eventually to take arms. The settings seem of the kind that will prevent it to happen, but I wanted to be kinda sure. (Where "sure" stands for in-universe sure, meant as it is the story that wants me to believe it fine, regardless).
(On the other hand I really can't think he will never do it, from a narrative point of view how uplifting it could be to have him finally rise up after n episodes of suffering [where n has to be at least n>12]).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 08:34   Link #135
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I remember previously people compared this to Grimgar. And now I know why it doesn't feel the same to me: Grimgar wasn't just about despair, but desperation. Fighting meant killing people of another race who would do everything they could to kill them, and not fighting meant starving or begging. Life on the very edge of death, with no real joy except for a few wisecracks and attempts at closeness from someone who they knew could wind up dead the next day. This is very different. Yes, there's the constant threat of death. But here it's something where battles come at specific times with long periods between, and whenever they're not battling life is pretty normal and sweet. The absence of this desperation, this sense that every single moment will be your last unless you keep fighting, makes it a much happier feel despite the looming presence of a ticking clock. This seems to shift it from focusing on fighting for every moment to focusing on making the most of each moment, creating as much joy in their lives as possible.

Yes, this could go Saikano directions, and if it does I'll have quite a bit negative to say. I'm not really expecting that yet though. Saikano was horrible in a way I don't think this will pull off. That one pretty much ripped every bit of happiness away until there was no possibility of anything even remotely resembling a good ending... and then it got worse. I expect we'll have survivors, and we'll have people who are legitimately happy, and the ending will probably be something different people will have different perspectives on. Some will look at it and say that it's incredibly depressing, and others will talk of it as having a certain happiness or hope for happiness that's moving in its own way.

On a different note, I wonder whether Kutori will actually be able to do it? The way magic is explained, having no concern for wanting to live another day creates a huge increase in power, resulting in an explosive release that erases the caster completely. The key here is that this massive power output is depending on the caster not caring about whether she lives. Kutori doesn't have that anymore in my opinion. She's so desperate to make memories and leave a mark, and is clearly in love/crushing on the hero. She's got a lot she wishes she could come back to, which means a lot of reasons she wishes she didn't have to die. If she's full of regrets and a desire to survive, there's no way that spell can have the kind of potency desired.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 09:38   Link #136
watisit

Wait, if one girl self destructing is able to take down one of seventeen beasts wouldn't they all have been killed by now?
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 09:44   Link #137
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Wait, if one girl self destructing is able to take down one of seventeen beasts wouldn't they all have been killed by now?
There's seventeen different type of beasts. No one said there's only one of each. No one said that all the type of beasts can be defeated that way, too.
If it was that simple, they would have conquered back the planet's surface since quite a while, yes.
Also Seniouris was just called 'strongest sword" in the short flashback this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah the fact which she look like a "young girl" and have some "hot cloths under her cloack and try to do some little lewd tricks with him is another fanservice the thing is it is not just omg how eccchi it is, it is like spice and wolf and many others non ecchi centric animes or novels, that scenes where not the focus but they where needed, the same goes for many kyoto animes where we have some "fanservice scenes here and there" but the anime still not for "perv", but they still want to attract that public even if a little, that is my point i never told which i hate and none serie must have it, it's normal speciall in anime/novel market, they just exist and even peoples don't like it is obligatory to have in almost everyone otherwise many of the series not could be with so hot and young look girls if things where to be really serious and without any fanservice.

my comparation was more like that "zero serie" also have animal look creatures, racism and bla bla bla but the mc itself is one and he not surrounded by only girls" he travelling with the female witch and a "male witch" which already something really rare, normally on series liked that every witch could be a "female" and probably "hot look one".

if that serie was like a dumbas haremish where the mc is a fail male surrounded by hot different type of monsters girls(like a anime which was about a guy living with many monsters girls) then have almost everyone look like a girl could be more acceptable, but after years having a vision about trolls and leprechauns and a "serious anime" making everyone look like a "waifu material or a cute loli" is weird for me, this reduce my credibility over this anime, while i can understood about the lolis to make us feel even worst still don't look good for me.
Let's just hope the young witch boy isn't a trap. BTW if we want to go all way out, having a male friend in the party is fanservice for fujoshi who will ship the seme kemono male with the cute uke human. Scarry I know, but that's the problem with the fanservice word, and why I don't like it. Everything can be said as fanservice :x.
Being cute/handsome or sexy is always kind of a given even outside of anime, movies' actor for the main roles are usually attractive. Yet fanservice is a word that is only used in anime, no one else felt the need to create such an annoying vague buzzword in any other media -for what I know.
Old 2017-04-19, 13:37   Link #138
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i might have missed it in the flashback, but why can't he fight? i'll watch it again later, but i didn't catch it the first time. if i had to make a guess, the criteria of "the weapon is stronger the less the wielder values his/her life" means he values his life too much, likely because he wants to live for the people he cares about.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 20:32   Link #139
Blueknight78

Quote:
There's seventeen different type of beasts. No one said there's only one of each. No one said that all the type of beasts can be defeated that way, too.
If it was that simple, they would have conquered back the planet's surface since quite a while, yes.
Also Seniouris was just called 'strongest sword" in the short flashback this episode.

Let's just hope the young witch boy isn't a trap. BTW if we want to go all way out, having a male friend in the party is fanservice for fujoshi who will ship the seme kemono male with the cute uke human. Scarry I know, but that's the problem with the fanservice word, and why I don't like it. Everything can be said as fanservice :x.
Being cute/handsome or sexy is always kind of a given even outside of anime, movies' actor for the main roles are usually attractive. Yet fanservice is a word that is only used in anime, no one else felt the need to create such an annoying vague buzzword in any other media -for what I know.
actually the "nerd world" also use the "fanservice, franchises like star wars, like marvel cinema universe and others are full of fanservice, the problem with fanservice is which how it is used on anime/manga/novels, they are used primary only for "sex" where lies the problem, fanservice is not just sex, but also references and others things, well scenes to make the fans happy, that is why normally fanservice in western is not about "sex" as it is on asian, that is the big problem, the wrong way "fanservice word" is used for animes, having lewd scenes is just a "type of fanservice" the fact which the troll woman do some "lewd" or double standarts actions" like the licking scene" is a fanservice" for peoples which that sort of "fetiche" but this is one type, in the same way you have the "neko girl or girl which hair like cat ears is a fanservice for peoples which like that sort of character, fanservice is much bigger than what peoples normally think or see on anime/novels/manga, because normally only sex fanservice is the only to "talk about" but he is not the only type of fanservice, if we really get the fanservice as he must be then every anime/novel/manga is full of fanservice, just different types.

like i told i don't have problem with with fanservice or lewd/ double standart scenes, my problem is more like how they are being doing, like the fact which they get exactly one of the few knews version of "trolls' which are more human like and in female cases can use they "sexy/hot" look to attract/seduce males to eat them, which is exactly what she is doing, but ofcourse it just a excuse to have some lewd and double standarts fanservice scenes for peoples which enjoy it, or in the case of the "leprechall" where basically they turned then in a totally different race from the real myth, where they where supposed to be little bearded guys(around 3 feets) using or red or green cloths and not wharever to they lifes, as that girls are, serious nothing on that girls so far match "leprechaumn" race, they love they lifes and they supposed "stache of gold", not girls which in most case are whatever to they lifes.

and talking about it, i know it is for the sake fo "comedy, but we get a plot hole" because if the girl was not afraid of fall and even die and no one cares if her have died in the fall, then why they are "scared" of being eat by the troll female", this automatically contradict the falling scene, if none of the girls cared about what happened why they get scared about the troll woman, they where supposed to also don't care and be a east prey for the woman.

even if you "dont like" it you can't deny it, this is normal and happen, you never gonna see a anime which don't do at last "one time" something like that, just be happy about the serie not be just a full ecchi crap generic serie, which is the good think about it, it's rater have some "generic fanservice here and there" than a serie which is just "full focused on it" and have a crap/poor generic plot for the sake of the generic lovers otakus.

fanservice itself is not bad the problem is how you use it.
Old 2017-04-19, 22:56   Link #140
Applehell

Episode 2 wasn't terribly eventful since it was more or less an extended introduction but there were quite a few nice little character moments (mixed with some more than expected mild pandering ones...) littered throughout that made for a pretty decent showing this week. The reason why this facility is called a warehouse and the girls weapons makes sense now and several other world-buliding elements are added to increase the coming suffering. However, one thing I'm curious about is why Willem had to correct himself when referring to emnetwihts as humans. Maybe it's because it is supposed to be a some sort of common derogatory term?

Lastly, character-wise while I still haven't gravitated to anyone in particular yet, I'm amused by the purple haired girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I have to say that, what's wrong with this show about names,
I came to conclusion that author's odd naming sense didn't just apply to the title this week too.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-04-20 at 00:10.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, light novel adaptation, post apocalyptic, science fiction, tragedy