AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-26, 01:56   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Guilty Crown, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-01-26, 13:27   Link #2
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

And Shu can officially draw voids without looking at people. Next, he's going to be drawing voids from the adults too. Why did those rules exist again? Other than that, it was a decent episode with a crappy premise and nothing really bad if you accept the premise (seriously, we're focusing on the student council president not being able to keep control? And why is the film club acting more like the student council than the ACTUAL student council).

More random observations:

Why are only the girls getting checked?

Although Tsugumi had a little focus, I don't really know her any better.

Are those students who got shot by Inori ever going to appear again?

I hate that guy who just won't stop yelling at random.

Once again, the show can't make up its mind if Shu should be strong or he should be a wimp. He's stopped being annoying, but he's still boring.

Is Ayase's wheelchair cheap or something? Is she so much of a stubborn kid that she can't afford a wheelchair with decent locks on it to prevent her from falling?

Daryl, don't try to act like a good guy now. You barely had any characterization to begin with.

And once again, for being the main female, Inori has little screen time.

This new void system Yahiro made...that's actually a pretty cool plan. Holy smokes. I can't wait to see the possibilities of this.

Scarface's plan is a lot like that short story concerning aliens messing with electricity, though I can't remember the name. It has characters named Charlie, Tommy, and Pete Van Pelt though.

The preview? Okay, that episode I got to check out.

See you next time folks.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-26, 13:49   Link #3
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Shu finally showed some bits of badassery by whipping out that horny kid's Void and disarming the other $*@^.

Also got really happy with Yahiro telling Shu to "reign over" the students like a true king at the end. Decent episode.
Old 2012-01-26, 14:39   Link #4
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post

Are those students who got shot by Inori ever going to appear again?
I don't thing she shot them, just beat to a pulp
Old 2012-01-26, 14:40   Link #5
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Thats a pretty cruel way to shrink the quarantined zone. Activate the red lights over people, tell them that if they are within the red lights radius, they will be shot, and then enclose the red lights move towards you. Even Daryl and the GHQ commander Rowan found it a bad/wrong way to kill people...well actually, only Daryl thought that, Rowan had a "What are we doing?" look on his face whilst Daryl just wanted to kill them in a more humane way. The walls just pushed the bodies along, Scarface is a pretty sinister guy to have things like that happen without a second thought.

We see that Arugo and Oogumo are also members of Funeral Parlor who had survived the last operation they did when Gai was still alive. From what I saw, it looks like they'll be reuniting with Shu and the others when they attempt to help out the remaining survivors of the city and help them escape.

Shu is definately becoming a better character each episode that pasts. The way he handle the situation at the end was awesome. He just throw that guys void at the handgun without a care in the world as if he knew what he was doing I find it very cool that he is now the leader of an army of students with juicy voids just waiting to be used. I also like the ranking system, it appears that Gai's method of keeping the highest ranking roid their top priorities will now be in Shu's hands. I can imagine it now, an army of students running towards those mechs and Daryl, that would be awsome

Tsugumi's void was pretty good, no doubt it's going to become quite useful.

And what is this? A little Tsugumi treat at the end after the credits?

Spoiler for Tsugumi ;):

Last edited by DXMichael; 2012-01-26 at 14:51.
Old 2012-01-26, 14:44   Link #6
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It was kinda of cool that the giant wall actually moves in closer. So why is Haruka helping Keido this time. Didn't she not want to help him last time, unless she's like brainwashed now. Lol Daryl felt sorry for the dolls dying.

So Tsugumi's void is pretty handy. Glad Shu stepped in to save Ayase and Tsugumi. He had a nice plan as well. He was pretty gar by pulling out that void and attacking the guy with the gun. So his king mode allows him to pull out voids without looking at their eyes? Looks like he's in charge now. The ranking is interesting.

Why is Inori getting less and less screen time? Wish we saw her beat those guys up. Also where is the other void user in all of this? Looks like the remaining funeral parlor members on the outside are going to try and break own the walls.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:08   Link #7
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Tsugumi's little explanation scene with her Void was adorable, too. :3
Old 2012-01-26, 15:14   Link #8
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I don't thing she shot them, just beat to a pulp
With all that blood? Doubt it. And that really doesn't change the fact that the scene didn't add anything to the episode. It's never brought up again, it wasn't funny, etc. But I guess they had to give her something to do, didn't they?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-26, 15:29   Link #9
Akashin

Quote:
With all that blood? Doubt it. And that really doesn't change the fact that the scene didn't add anything to the episode. It's never brought up again, it wasn't funny, etc. But I guess they had to give her something to do, didn't they?
I got the feeling that the scene was meant to give us a sense of how unnecessarily brutal Inori can be (whether she shot or beat them up, that amount of blood was excessive), what with how aloof she was in steering Shu away from the bodies. Whether that will be relevant later or not remains to be seen.

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. The premise was alright (because, to be fair to the students, whats-her-face was stumbling all over the place and generally not helping much), and the only thing that really made me roll my eyes was Tsugumi's ultra convenient, "Oh, I found this device for reading Voids of all things lying on the ground!" (unless there was a prior explanation for this that I'm forgetting). Shu was pretty cool toward the end, and so long as that kind of growth in him remains consistent I'll be happy. I didn't dislike Shu nearly as much as some people seem to have, but he is definitely improving.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:45   Link #10
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

There was a small scene where you see the device rolling on the ground in ep13 after Ayase makes the army jeep crash into the wall.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:59   Link #11
Nerroth
NePoi!

"Rowan-kun, do you know what brought down Greece's ancient city-states? In a word... Demagogy."

That device is going to lead to no end of trouble, I'll wager; which, of course, is precisely what Segai wants to happen.

But, it's still an open question; to what end? (Assuming he even has an actual goal he's aiming for, and isn't simply acting as an Agent of Chaos.)
Old 2012-01-26, 16:07   Link #12
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
There was a small scene where you see the device rolling on the ground in ep13 after Ayase makes the army jeep crash into the wall.
Ah, that's right... Completely forgot about that when I was watching.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:14   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Although Tsugumi had a little focus, I don't really know her any better.
And yet she's probably one of the more popular characters with the fans of the show along with Ayase who aslo doesn't have all that much screen time. What does that say?
Old 2012-01-26, 16:20   Link #14
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
And what is this? A little Tsugumi treat at the end after the credits?

Spoiler for Tsugumi ;):
I want my Tsugumi\Railgun crossovers now!
Old 2012-01-26, 16:21   Link #15
hyl
reading #hikaributts

So the plot has turned into something similar like code geass now.
One person defying the a stronger force (which in this case is the goverment) with his own small army and that person leading this rebellion is armed with the power of the kings that can turn the fights into his favor.
Also like geass, the people (students) are also fighting for freedom.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:30   Link #16
magnuskn

After last weeks disappointing episode, this was pretty good. Shu finally is doing something, growing into a position of leadership and all.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:43   Link #17
Soji

I really do like this ep.And one thing Shu here was badass (I like how he do the whole thing at the end) and Inori is scary O_O...good couple here . Another thing when Shu trow the void his eyes were redder than normal. I'm sure that the series from now on will always be more interesting.
Old 2012-01-26, 17:29   Link #18
tsunade666

Pretty decent episode and pretty good development with info's about Tsugumi even though it's only a little bit. The student becomes restless with the situation becoming uncontrollable and no info at all at what so ever happening and the students just start blaming the president because she can only wait for help and then I thought at first when Shu mentioned "what will Gai do" when the students starts to become restless was a sign of him being a total wimp again but it did redeem at the end of the episode. And maybe I can say that he is just remembering of Gai right now and doesn't want to become like him at all which is unlike before. The best part was Shu showing his badass side when talking down that glasses guy from the last episode and now which is stirring up problems. Segai being Segai and Haruka ... what the heck is she doing there? helping Keido again >.> I thought that she is against Keido but now she is helping in the plan. I would never understand that girl. Another good part was at the end when Yahiro suggest the void rankings. Now I understand why in the first OP there are pictures of the students being in a blocks by blocks and Shu is choosing one among it. And maybe that void genome ranking tool was left behind by Segai. Knowing him, maybe that's why he stirs up that problem last episode but for what purpose? I don't see those weak terrorist needing that void ranker so I can only think of Segai giving it to them with his other 2 gifts.
Old 2012-01-26, 18:24   Link #19
miketyson

Looks like I called Inori turning out to be something of a cold-blooded killer.

This show. It's always such a mix of stuff that's inventive and well done with stuff that's poorly thought-out and poorly done. This week was more of the same.

What I don't get, though, is the timing with the fake exploration session: it seems like the "clone expedition" to the wall had to have been something that got started after Shu came on-stage: one of the clones they sent to the wall was of red-headed yankee-kun, who was one of the kidnappers.

That makes sense, but then right after that the wanna-be president says it all has to be fake. I get what that's supposed to do from a drama standpoint, but it seems really dumb, since everyone in the audience would've had to have seen the expedition get setup and sent-out.

Am I missing something?
Old 2012-01-26, 18:27   Link #20
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
That makes sense, but then right after that the wanna-be president says it all has to be fake. I get what that's supposed to do from a drama standpoint, but it seems really dumb, since everyone in the audience would've had to have seen the expedition get setup and sent-out.

Am I missing something?
Pretty sure him calling it all fake was just him going into denial over their one possible avenue to safety being lost, rather than calling the entire thing fake.
Closed Thread