Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-20, 22:44   Link #81
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and if a action game lacked speed?
There are people out there who still enjoy classics from the 8-bit days given the recent release of Rockman 10, better known as Megaman 10 for those out of Asia.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 22:54   Link #82
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i too am looking forward to Rockman 10.
Old 2010-03-20, 23:03   Link #83
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
i too am looking forward to Rockman 10.
Then, you are obviously an ignorant one given that it's out for weeks on the Wii Channel, PSN and Xbox live for about 10 bucks a pop.

On topic, Pandora is moe. Love how Santa Monica made her out to be in her early teen since in mythology it was her child like curiosity which doomed mankind.
Old 2010-03-20, 23:34   Link #84
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
2) I don't know how many people will know what I'm referring here, but by featuring Kevin Sorbo in his signature role is another birlliant storke after getting Harry Hamilin as Perseus in 2. Will be better if they had named the Character in his original greek name instead of opting for the more widely known roman version since every other Characters is known by theirs.
I thought that was his voice I heard. That was brilliant to have him voice act the part.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 01:52   Link #85
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Then, you are obviously an ignorant one given that it's out for weeks on the Wii Channel, PSN and Xbox live for about 10 bucks a pop.

On topic, Pandora is moe. Love how Santa Monica made her out to be in her early teen since in mythology it was her child like curiosity which doomed mankind.
...yeas, I know its been out, Doesn't mean "I" can get it yet. (on another note, the more realistic picture is kinda awkward >_> )

anyways I just finished it and the ending.... I'll summerize it to a few words "what happens next?"

EDIT: Oh wait Credits ended............... yea.. still "what happens next"

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-03-21 at 02:36.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 14:53   Link #86
yeahitschris

just beat this, playing it on titan. posideon whoop my ass man. need two more trophies, pricless and unhuman. the challenge of Olympus was easy as pie
Old 2010-03-21, 18:54   Link #87
Kazu
Flowing

Can anyone answer this question?

Spoiler for fights:
Old 2010-03-21, 19:58   Link #88
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Can anyone answer this question?

Spoiler for fights:
that puzzled me too, i have no idea. I have a few quesses tho
Old 2010-03-21, 20:25   Link #89
Xion Valkyrie

Regarding the 'Other One':

Spoiler:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 21:11   Link #90
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the world is utterly destroyed, atm.. I doubt he survived
Old 2010-03-21, 21:14   Link #91
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
the world is utterly destroyed, atm.. I doubt he survived
Well, remember that

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-22, 01:04   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

it would be like being the brother of jesus
Old 2010-03-22, 03:15   Link #93
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Done with the initial run through. Ending is typical of those Greek Tragedy, which is in line with the sources of the game if you ask me.

What got me thinking is the flooded landscape in the wake of the events. For those who knows a bit or two on the subject of mythology, I believe an apocalytical flood is a common theme in myths worldwide. Of course, the best known one will be Noah's Ark from the bible.

And then I found something intesting from Wikipedia :-

Quote:
Silver Age - The Silver Age and every age that follows fall within the rule of Cronus' successor and son, Zeus. Humans in the Silver age lived for one hundred years as infants. They lived only a short time as grown adults, and spent that time in strife with one another. During this Age men refused to worship the gods and Zeus destroyed them for their impiety. After death, humans of this age became "blessed spirits" of the underworld.
I believe Santa Monica will play something on this when it comes to GOW IV.
Old 2010-03-22, 03:26   Link #94
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Also, rolling system takes a bit of getting used after coming from Bayonetta. The fact that you can't cancel out of your attack animations into a roll makes it really hard to keep nonstop attacks up, which is something you want to do for high points in Bayonetta. Took a while to 'unlearn' that for the first boss, which killed me quite a bit >.>
Just started on the game and I am having a similar problem.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:58   Link #95
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, beat it. Now I have to get to work =/ Probably won't have enough time for another playthrough until Summer.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:59   Link #96
Jays

Don't know jack about Greek Mythos, only small little tid-bits. Ironically it was playing the God of War series that led me to look up many of those objects, places, and individuals that permeate the game. Unfortunately this is were the game fails, an all to predictable story told from an all too predictable perspective. It failed to grasp the grandeur of the original two, in particular the second installment which was simply superb, and yes even Chains of Olympus was a game I beat in a single day.

Disappointed? Yes, not to a large degree, but only to a slim one. God of War 3 failed to capture what made GoW2 one of the best games on the PS2, I would go so far as to say it is an inferior game compared to it. It was not satisfying, as in all my expectations of it were just a tad bit too high.

There are MANY moments in God of War 2 that are ingrained in my head; The cameo boss battles which were MUCH better than the Hercules one. The battle with the Kraken and subsequently walking to the Steeds of Time just floored me, I didn't think something like that was possible on the PS2. Fighting those sisters while the ending of GoW was unfolding in the background.

God of War 3 is a good game overshadowed by the one that came before it.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 08:26   Link #97
Socke
Banned

I was surprised the language in this games and all other ones are very clean. I expect to see some profanity in this one as it an M-rated game but the worst thing ever heard is "whore". None of them are censor-worthy.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 11:13   Link #98
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
I was surprised the language in this games and all other ones are very clean. I expect to see some profanity in this one as it an M-rated game but the worst thing ever heard is "whore". None of them are censor-worthy.
im sure its Rated M for the insane bloodly scenes.
Old 2010-03-26, 08:02   Link #99
Socke
Banned

One thing that disturbed me is Aphrodite supposed to be Kratos' sister but he....you know what I mean.

Damn Greek myths are full with incest.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 14:39   Link #100
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
One thing that disturbed me is Aphrodite supposed to be Kratos' sister but he....you know what I mean.

Damn Greek myths are full with incest.
Well, Aphrodite is technically Kratos' aunt I believe. She's actually in the same generation as Zeus, since she literally formed from Crono's penis after it fell to the sea.