AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-03-08, 02:31   Link #1001
zebulunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash-kun View Post
Why use MeGUI for this? Why not Vdub? I don't know if thats the problem but could be worth a try.
Virtualdub either crashes upon startup or while choosing plugins for me and I don't want to trust it for 50mins only to possibly fail. MeGUI is very userfriendly and I prefer it.

edit: Solved myself by using Auto Gordian Knot instead, which is like the mkvmergegui of hardsubbing; I choose my streams and it just does it for me. Leads me to believe it was something in the profiles in megui.

Last edited by zebulunn; 2010-03-10 at 20:50. Reason: solved myself
zebulunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 12:55   Link #1002
squidward

Exclamation Harsubbing Help!!

This is really a little off topic but I need to call the attention of all registered fansubber here in this forum...

I'm a noob,amateur,or newbie in hardsubbing...this is the farthest as i achieve...

let's get to the point....

i want to hardsub without losing the color,font,size,and quality of my subtitle...i have reached to point that i can playback the video with the subtitle embed while attaining the font,size and quality of the subtitle...but the problem right now is there is no audio and there is no color in my subtitle, it is plain as white....

BTW this is my file info:

Spoiler:

it contains a two ac3 audio track but i rather choose the 2 channel track...

i have the following:

Avisynth 2.5
Virtualdub 1.9.9
ffmpegsource 1.21
ffmpegsource2 2.13
Nicaudio.dll
vsfilter.dll

here's my avs script language:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\VirtualDub v1.9.9\plugins\FFmpegSource-1.21\FFMpegSource.dll")
FFmpegSource("C:\1.mkv", atrack= -2)
NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3")
TextSub("C:\1.ass")
right now is says that File "C:\1.avs" does not have a video stream
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 14:49   Link #1003
jfs
Aegisub dev

You probably want to AudioDub(NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3")) instead of just NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3").
Go read up on variable in Avisynth and how the implicit variable named "last" works.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 14:50   Link #1004
max2k

Did u try:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\VirtualDub v1.9.9\plugins\FFmpegSource-1.21\FFMpegSource.dll")

video= FFmpegSource("C:\1.mkv", atrack= -2)
audio= NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3")

AudioDub(video, audio)

TextSub("C:\1.ass")
And try to download Aegisub from the link in jfs's sic. And use the vsfilter.dll it has.
Old 2010-06-14, 08:54   Link #1005
squidward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
You probably want to AudioDub(NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3")) instead of just NicAC3Source("C:\1.ac3").
Go read up on variable in Avisynth and how the implicit variable named "last" works.

thanks jfs, using Audiodub function works...now i can hear the sound hehehe....uhm so what's the next procedure for me to save it as an AVI format?it would be better if it is exactly or less than 700mb....

your solution really gave me a big solution in my problem...

Last edited by squidward; 2010-06-14 at 09:44.
Old 2010-06-19, 00:11   Link #1006
squidward

hi i'm here again....

i have a new problem regarding harsubbing....the problem is how can i hardsub using two(2) subtitle files?the other one is SSA and the other one is SRT...is it necessary to put these two in hardsubbing?
Old 2010-06-19, 05:52   Link #1007
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward View Post
hi i'm here again....

i have a new problem regarding harsubbing....the problem is how can i hardsub using two(2) subtitle files?the other one is SSA and the other one is SRT...
+

Code:
TextSub("firstfile.ass").TextSub("secondfile.srt")
That should work, although I doubt its usefulness.

Quote:
is it necessary to put these two in hardsubbing?
You do know that, when you "hardsub" stuff, you make the subtitles part of the video stream and that you can't turn them off/switch between subtitle tracks.. right?
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:39   Link #1008
Zalis

A little encoding question. I'm trying to transcode some .avi files to h264/aac, but the Windows Media video and audio they're encoded in are proving intransigent. Moreso the audio. MediaInfo data on one file:

Spoiler:

I've tried throwing this at Handbrake, VirtualDub, GraphEdit, MkvMerge, and Pazera Audio Extractor, but none of them will recognize or work with the audio, let alone the video. Most of the info I found with google on transcoding wma pro only deals with converting music files. I would need to extract and separate the audio from the video in order to make any progress. So are there any programs or processes out there that would deal with these stupid incompatible Windows codecs? The fate of a Pita Ten DVD re-release hangs in the balance
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:54   Link #1009
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
have you tried SUPER ? its a noob program, but i've found to be very useful when encoding WMV.
anyway i'm a noob myself, but i still hope this helps...
the program can encode audio and video seperately.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:56   Link #1010
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
A little encoding question. I'm trying to transcode some .avi files to h264/aac, but the Windows Media video and audio they're encoded in are proving intransigent. Moreso the audio. MediaInfo data on one file:

Spoiler:

I've tried throwing this at Handbrake, VirtualDub, GraphEdit, MkvMerge, and Pazera Audio Extractor, but none of them will recognize or work with the audio, let alone the video. Most of the info I found with google on transcoding wma pro only deals with converting music files. I would need to extract and separate the audio from the video in order to make any progress. So are there any programs or processes out there that would deal with these stupid incompatible Windows codecs? The fate of a Pita Ten DVD re-release hangs in the balance
Assuming you can play the video file itself, you should be able to open it up in graphedit, and you'll see the decoding directshow filter chain.

Load the file in graphedit, delete the final audio output filter, add in the Directshow "file writer" filter, choose a filename with extension .wav and connect it to the end of the audio chain, hit "play" and wait.
You should get a wav file with the audio from the video file.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 12:03   Link #1011
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Question...this is the first time I've ever subbed anything and I've actually succeeded somewhat in creating my first fansub video. The problem is that I've found that the compression option on virtualdub loses some quality on the video and was wondering if there are any alternatives to using it (without the loss in quality of the original and being a relatively small file size nor being too complicated to use since I'm a noob at this ).

On a side note...subbing is time consuming as heck! I applaud you subbers out there

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 12:38   Link #1012
jfs
Aegisub dev

Make a softsubbed MKV. It's faster, easier and avoids recompressing, meaning higher quality. (Hard subtitles makes video compress worse, i.e. take up more bits, or be lower quality for the same bitrate.)
Of course, if the source video you have is bigger than the distribution size you want you'll still have to recompress the video, but it'll still be able to look better when there's no hard subtitles.

Also, using VDub almost certainly implies that you're using Xvid, you can get much better quality by compressing to H.264 with x264. You don't use VDub for that.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 17:25   Link #1013
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

If you just want an Xvid AVI encode (you shouldn't use that as your primary format though, it's kinda ancient by now), make sure you use 2 pass mode and a decent bitrate. You can use the bitrate calculator to estimate the value you should use depending on the size you're aiming for. Most Xvid 480p (there's very little reason to use a higher resolution with Xvid since the point is hardware compatibility and you can't go over a certain res for that) encodes are between 175 and 230MB, I'd say.

In my case, I've encoded a 23 minute per episode series with 2 pass 1000 kbps, from clean DVD sources, with acceptable quality loss, at 187MB per episode. Of course, with H264 you could go even lower in the size scale and get equal or even better quality (but recent anime is usually at least 720p anyway, so you'd obviously need more bitrate for that).
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:13   Link #1014
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

The problem is, all this technical "mumbo-jumbo" just goes over my head being quite new to this, hence using the good ol' ancient art of avi encoding. The stuff about using Mkvs or using certain compression types is alien to me and even if I know what they meant, I have no knowledge of how to apply the methods. Any good tutorials on the suggestions? My google skills are extremely rusty

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2010-07-01, 20:55   Link #1015
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

mkvmerge should be fairly simple to work with, you just add the video (and audio if it's a separate file) and subtitles, set track options like language if you want, and mux. There's also stuff like chapters or attaching fonts, but I can't say I've actually used those yet. Still, the latter should be fairly simple and the former is just an extra.

For encoding to H264 before muxing if the source's size is too big for your needs, Avisynth + MeGUI is what I use, but be aware that it probably has loads of stuff you may never use and be unnecessarily complex for that reason (not that it's really complicated once you know how it works). I'm not familiar with standalone encoders so you may want to wait for other suggestions.
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:24   Link #1016
hizzy

Hi! First post!

I hope I'm putting this question in the right place! I'm a noob to fansubbing and I'm having some problems with subtitle timings. I'm trying to add subs to a Japanese DVD. I've ripped the DVD to my hard drive, and made an AVI of it. From there, I tried timing my subs to the AVI in a program called subtitle workshop, and everything looked good. When I added the subs to the DVD, though, the subs were messed up - They started off okay, but drifted out of sync as the film went on. Another thing I noticed was that the AVI & the DVD were not the same runtime - they were 4 seconds different. I can't seem to create an AVI that's the same runtime as the DVD.

I had been using subtitle workshop, but switched over to Aegisub after reading some posts on the forums. Any raw audio that I rip, though, is slightly longer than the DVD... sigh.

Thanks for the help!
hizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 02:12   Link #1017
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The problem is, all this technical "mumbo-jumbo" just goes over my head being quite new to this, hence using the good ol' ancient art of avi encoding. The stuff about using Mkvs or using certain compression types is alien to me and even if I know what they meant, I have no knowledge of how to apply the methods. Any good tutorials on the suggestions? My google skills are extremely rusty
mkvmerge GUI is literally just dragging and dropping files and pressing one (1) button, if you can't figure it out yourself you probably shouldn't be using a computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzy View Post
Hi! First post!

I hope I'm putting this question in the right place! I'm a noob to fansubbing and I'm having some problems with subtitle timings. I'm trying to add subs to a Japanese DVD. I've ripped the DVD to my hard drive, and made an AVI of it. From there, I tried timing my subs to the AVI in a program called subtitle workshop, and everything looked good. When I added the subs to the DVD, though, the subs were messed up - They started off okay, but drifted out of sync as the film went on. Another thing I noticed was that the AVI & the DVD were not the same runtime - they were 4 seconds different. I can't seem to create an AVI that's the same runtime as the DVD.

I had been using subtitle workshop, but switched over to Aegisub after reading some posts on the forums. Any raw audio that I rip, though, is slightly longer than the DVD... sigh.

Thanks for the help!
making ntsc dvd subtitles that sync with the video is nontrivial and usually requires fucking with the pulldown flags (google pulldown.exe) and doing odd things in maestrosbt
it is generally not worth the effort, especially not since dvd is a dead technology that you shouldn't be using
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:51   Link #1018
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Well if I had even heard of mkvmerge I could have figured that out for myself, like what I did with Aegisub

Thanks PositronCannon, I'll give it a try ^^

Old 2010-07-03, 03:56   Link #1019
Zalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Assuming you can play the video file itself, you should be able to open it up in graphedit, and you'll see the decoding directshow filter chain.

Load the file in graphedit, delete the final audio output filter, add in the Directshow "file writer" filter, choose a filename with extension .wav and connect it to the end of the audio chain, hit "play" and wait.
You should get a wav file with the audio from the video file.
Thanks, I must've mis-stated something about GraphEdit. Maybe that I couldn't display properties for any of the of the Windows Media audio and video decoders. Unfortunately, when I tried connecting "Audio Encoder DMO" to File Writer's "audio.wav" input, I got this error message:

"These filters cannot agree on a connection. Verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin. No combination of intermediate filters could be foudn to make the connection. (Return code: 0x80040217)" I did also try connecting the audio and video decoder to Matroskamuxer in hopes of creating an .mkv... but it gave me a 20GB uncompressed .asf file. So is there some filter I'm missing that might work, or some other program that can crack Windows' proprietary BS? (Equal shame goes to whatever Japanese ripper who encoded this crap in the first place.)
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 05:05   Link #1020
Blanchimont

Since I had very old versions, I updated mkvtoolnix to v4.1.1.0, and also added the latest mkvextractgui-2.exe(v1.1.4) (seems the old one doesn't work with this version of mkvmerge).

..But now I have a problem

How exactly do I extract timecodes files with this version (of mkvextract)? Mkvextractgui2 doesn't seem to have any option for it?
Tried the cmd option with output, but it only records the 'progress' (Progress: 0% Progress: 0% Progress: etc...) but not the timecodes themselves in the .txt...
Code:
mkvextract timecodes_v2 source-filename > times.txt
I could use Aegisub for it, but would be good to know the right way for this too.

I know I'm missing something simple here but...

Edit; solved^^. Viewed the helpfile you get when attaching -? in cmd and it was obvious the above syntax was wrong... It should be;
Code:
mkvextract timecodes_v2 source-filename 1:times.txt

Last edited by Blanchimont; 2010-07-17 at 06:54. Reason: solved...
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote