AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 18.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-28, 18:36   Link #61
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburosumakusu View Post
Yes but because he considers her a stalker not because he's her brother. He doesn't even hint at that being the reason why he rejects her.
I get the feeling that IF (and I bolded that if on purpose) Masako & Kanba are related than neither of them know at this point.
Old 2011-10-28, 18:42   Link #62
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Also, what is the deal with those elephants saving the planet? Noticed the newspaper article at first watch,since it was too neatly written down and easy to read to be random, but couldn't make any connection with other element of the show. Anyone?
Maybe nothing, and it was just a plug similar to how you see Pizza Hut in so much anime, but this one was of a less commercial nature. ie: Go green you otakus!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-28, 19:32   Link #63
faburosumakusu

Quote:
Anyway we still lack information so it remains pure speculation...
I'll agree with that.

Question:
Is the new scarf Himari is making for Sanetoshi?
Old 2011-10-28, 19:33   Link #64
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburosumakusu View Post
I'll agree with that.

Question:
Is the new scarf Himari is making for Sanetoshi?
Since she hid it from Kanba, I assume she's making him and Sho scarves.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-28, 19:33   Link #65
Excorsism

The Survival Strategy via paper was hilarious. Needs more of that and more on Shouma and Ringo's story.
Old 2011-10-28, 19:40   Link #66
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Maybe nothing, and it was just a plug similar to how you see Pizza Hut in so much anime, but this one was of a less commercial nature. ie: Go green you otakus!
Given how their species are endangered, maybe not the most effective way to help environment (let alone save the planet ).
Remind me of the skunk form ep04. Still no idea 12 episode later what the hell that was...
Spoiler for Except:
Old 2011-10-28, 19:54   Link #67
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

this was an enjoyable episode, but not a total favourite.

i'm glad we learned more about masako, she's such a dramatic character lol the way she "attacked" the blowfish. and her telephone conversation with sanetoshi loool. she's jokes.

but the one thing that i'm wondering about is mario legitimately possessed by his grandpa? is that the hat? wtf is that about? it clearly wasn't a pure delusion because masako did get poisoned.

was it just me or did the back of her father's head look a lot like kanba's? i thought it was kanba at first and i almost went hysterical lol. but clearly kanba has gone to the "dark side" whatever it is. it makes me wonder though because the original arrangement was money.

masako's relationship with kanba was also confusing. and his voice...lmao.

himari was bitchy this episode, but it makes sense. poor kanba, he sells his f*cking soul for her and still no recognition for it. she's clearly making a scarf for some "boy" though, doubt it's kanba now

as for the sho/ringo conversation. it was very, very condensed but also cute. sho seems to make legitimate excuses for not wanting to be with her, rather than simply not liking her. i wish they spend more time on his romantic feelings for her though, and while the surreal moment was brilliant, i'd like character development in the romantic field as well. i'm sure it's coming, least i hope so.

and ringo is just LOL personified. dying when she said she's his stalker--only way she can show her love it seems
Old 2011-10-28, 20:17   Link #68
YayPepsi

Quote:
Also, what is the deal with those elephants saving the planet? Noticed the newspaper article at first watch,since it was too neatly written down and easy to read to be random, but couldn't make any connection with other element of the show. Anyone?
Well, it could be that the terrorist group were environmentalists. Maybe using the elephant d(ung?) to attempt to help the world was another one of their schemes.

Edit: Someone on another message board posted this. Elephant dung paper! http://jp.japancorp.net/article.asp?Art_ID=19462

Last edited by YayPepsi; 2011-10-28 at 20:35.
Old 2011-10-28, 20:30   Link #69
molitar

Ok the first hint the world is not on the right track. Of course that should be obvious with all the penguin references all over. It appears that Natsume likes the world the way it is.. after all she is president of the entire corporation. Sanetoshi appears to be more of a Librarian of he world with that huge library and the world with the incident appears to have caused it to go off track and it did not help that the diary was causing fate to also go off track. Look how much the world changed from the diary and the wish. The bigger the change the bigger the fate and the last changed killed her using it.
Old 2011-10-28, 20:35   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok the first hint the world is not on the right track.
Well, it's not "right" for Sanetoshi, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. We don't know if the world Sanetoshi wants is a better world. And even if it is, we don't know what would happen to our main characters is he accomplishs his goal. At any rate, I'm sure it won't be anything good.
Old 2011-10-28, 21:45   Link #71
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Well, the first paragraph describes a brand of colorful notebooks with animals on the cover, which could mean that Momoka's diary is elephant poo.

As to what that means, I've got no clue. I'm still trying to figure out the frogs and skunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The blowfish poison thing reminded me of that Simpsons episode. And here I thought that was just something they made up...
Nope, blowfish is real, tasty yet toxic fish that much be prepared very carefully not to kill the diner. Voodoo priests in the Caribbean supposedly use a diluted form of the poison to create zombies.
Old 2011-10-29, 02:11   Link #72
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
W00t! Yet another childhood friend duo confirmed. I mean sure, they implied Masako and Kanba knew each other for a real long time before, but always nice to have concrete proof. XD

And yes Kanba, incest isn't wincest this time around. Why you so against Masako's advances? Back then she is so important to you that you said "I'll keep you company, if you're going to be cursed. That is the bond binding us together", and now you ain't giving her the time of day. Why the big change of heart? Or is this the cause of the curse as well?
Not only has his personalty advanced to a complex level Kanba cannot afford to keep Masako company not with the grim reaper constantly hovering around Himari.

Not only is Masako a boring girl that can ditch him at any moment, it's like looking into his own reflection, he knows she can take care of herself.
Old 2011-10-29, 02:49   Link #73
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Not only has his personalty advanced to a complex level Kanba cannot afford to keep Masako company not with the grim reaper constantly hovering around Himari.

Not only is Masako a boring girl that can ditch him at any moment, it's like looking into his own reflection, he knows she can take care of herself.

Apart from Kanba himself - Masako is the only interesting character in the show. How can she possibly be boring?
Old 2011-10-29, 03:06   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Apart from Kanba himself - Masako is the only interesting character in the show.
0/10.

Ringo > penguin #2. > everyone else.
Old 2011-10-29, 07:01   Link #75
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well, the first paragraph describes a brand of colorful notebooks with animals on the cover, which could mean that Momoka's diary is elephant poo.
Elephant poo in my penguin drum. Fabulous MaxMess.
Old 2011-10-29, 07:37   Link #76
Kirarakim

Am I the only one interested in all the characters? Well I guess that is good for me because no matter who they focus on I don't find it boring.

However favorites are definitely Ringo & Shouma (of the humans at least)

I would say the Penguins too but that doesn't seem to even need a mention as the Penguins are sort of Penguindrum special symbol. They are the mascot characters.
Old 2011-10-29, 07:56   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Am I the only one interested in all the characters? Well I guess that is good for me because no matter who they focus on I don't find it boring. However favorites are definitely Ringo & Shouma (of the humans at least)
I'm going to like Shouma more once he gets over his shit. Right now the only character I really like is Ringo. At the moment she's the only one who's mostly normal, and I love that she uses the word "stalker" to tell Shouma she isn't going to desert him. That's just awesome.
Old 2011-10-29, 09:05   Link #78
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So this episode with Natsume was supposed to be funny or what?

Anyway , still don't understand how/why kanba came to her. Or , do they already know each other ?
And Mario -> Grandpa thing.
Old 2011-10-29, 10:38   Link #79
whitecloud

it seems everyone has parent issue huh....from sadist to terrorist..
Anyway...is the grandpa possessing Mario...somehow??

P.S : you know inside survival strategy princess of the crystal has many mechanical robot right? im thinking maybe she might even own a mecha like in this picture that i found while surfing...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...420sample.jpg/
Old 2011-10-29, 11:34   Link #80
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
0/10.

Ringo > penguin #2. > everyone else.
Sor, I hardly can call her a character at this point - she is a trigger\switch, nothing more.