Notices

Old 2004-05-28, 12:20   Link #21
shinichiroumikinofan
Naze ikiteru no ka?

Send a message via MSN to shinichiroumikinofan
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer
What's crashing is DirectShow, a windows technology used to playback video. It's used by almost all video players on windows and also by explorer to preview the videos. This is propably why explorer crashes, too. I had a similar problem some time ago. If you look at your folder in list and not miniature mode, so that explorer doesn't need to preview the videos, it sould work without a crash. This is not always easy because explorer sometimes decides for you that it should display thumbnails even if you don't want to.
MPlayer works because it doesn't rely on DirectShow. It was originally developed for Linux and there you don't have any DirectShow. It was only later back-'proted' to Windows.

As mentioned above, you've propably got some codec troubles. Try removing all codecs and reinstalling them. It might help.
Okis. ^^ I'll try uninstalling all of them and then reinstalling... ^^ Thank you again for your help. I'll be back here as soon as I get some results (bad or good, it doesn't matter... ^_~), ok?

Bai bai!
Old 2004-05-28, 18:04   Link #22
shinichiroumikinofan
Naze ikiteru no ka?

Send a message via MSN to shinichiroumikinofan
Cool

Yatta!! No crashing anymore!! But now Windows Media Player can't open almost any of the avi files I've downloaded recently... But Divx Player open them. What Divx player can't open are the .ogm files... Does any of you know what kind of program I should get to watch these kind of files. I have "Dai Guard" and "The Big O" in that format and, even though I've searched, I haven't found too much information related to this kind of files. ¬¬U

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, ANIME_LAYER!!! All you told me to do worked!!!
Old 2004-05-29, 05:25   Link #23
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Question Sensie No Ojikan Eps. 5 Wreaking Havoc Please Help???

I have a question. On thursday I downloaded Sensei No Ojikan Episode 5 from here (Anime Suki). Tonight being Saturday is the first time I have tried to view it. I cannot even get it to respond. I tried Trend Micro and it was able to scan the folder I keep that series in and it came back clean, Norton cleared it also. But it is freezing up everything I lose my mouse and I have had to do one illegal shutdown as nothing would respond. It finally opened in Media Player but then froze and Media Player went wacko and was NOT RESPONDING. Does anyone have any idea's at all. All of my other anime is fine and I have done several Virus Scans and everything is clean. I am running Windows XP and Media Player Series 9. Thank You for any help you can provide.

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST>>>> I have solved the issue myself.. Thanks

Last edited by LoveOfAnime; 2004-05-29 at 23:30. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 2004-05-30, 16:36   Link #24
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
@shinichiroumikinofan
Check out the Media Configuration Guide. There you can find all the needed software.
Again, MPlayer should be able to handle ogm and mkv files without any additional software. You should be able to play almost any fansub with MPlayer anyway.
Though, it's not so straight-forward to show the subs in ogms (if it uses soft(text)-subs). You'll have to go to the folder you've installed MPlayer, there you should find another folder calles 'mplayer' and inside a file called 'conf'. You can open it with any text editor and then remove the "#" from the line that reads "# slang = en (...)". Then subtitles should be displayed by default.
Old 2004-06-16, 04:32   Link #25
Eva_01

My computer froze while trying to download Hunter X Hunter(TV) episode 1-25 and i downloaded 25% of the 4.7 GB file, after my comp froze and i tried to resume I get this error after "connecting to peers", the error :"IO Error [Erno 9] Bad file descriptor" shows up. I tried saving the torrent to my HD rather than a link and it still doesnt work!

Can sumbody please tell me how to fix this =*(
Old 2004-06-19, 11:43   Link #26
xjcx
==[jc]==

Send a message via MSN to xjcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva_01
My computer froze while trying to download Hunter X Hunter(TV) episode 1-25 and i downloaded 25% of the 4.7 GB file, after my comp froze and i tried to resume I get this error after "connecting to peers", the error :"IO Error [Erno 9] Bad file descriptor" shows up. I tried saving the torrent to my HD rather than a link and it still doesnt work!

Can sumbody please tell me how to fix this =*(

i'm not too sure how to fix this but have u try to redownload from the beginning and see what happens? if that works, then u just need to redownload from start again...
Old 2004-06-29, 12:21   Link #27
stanley

i have a problem which i cant solve. i downloaded this slam dunk episode 1-10 but there is sound only for the first episode. the rest 9 episodes were soundless. i clicked on the properties of the 9 eposodes and their audio format used was windows media audio v2.i couldnt find this codec anywhere. can some1 help me. thank u very much!
Old 2004-06-29, 13:10   Link #28
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
i have a problem which i cant solve. i downloaded this slam dunk episode 1-10 but there is sound only for the first episode. the rest 9 episodes were soundless. i clicked on the properties of the 9 eposodes and their audio format used was windows media audio v2.i couldnt find this codec anywhere. can some1 help me. thank u very much!
Although I'm reluctant to point you to a codec pack, try the WMP codecs here. I don't know of any problems the codec may cause because I didn't experience any.
Old 2004-08-28, 15:57   Link #29
Keii_san
Hater of Fan boys/girls

Send a message via AIM to Keii_san
Something funky happened to my computer..I don't know what it is..I deleted a few files under the temp internet folder and since then I've had trouble opening up what I downloaded. So, I restored my computer to an earlier point.

I've tried to download Naruto ep 97 from Shinotaku and anbu. the download is fine. I downloaded the whole thing, but I just can't play it. It's an avi file, so why is my computer having such a hard time playing it? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 2004-08-28, 16:24   Link #30
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keii_san
Something funky happened to my computer..I don't know what it is..I deleted a few files under the temp internet folder and since then I've had trouble opening up what I downloaded. So, I restored my computer to an earlier point.

I've tried to download Naruto ep 97 from Shinotaku and anbu. the download is fine. I downloaded the whole thing, but I just can't play it. It's an avi file, so why is my computer having such a hard time playing it? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Assuming you waited for the file to finish downloading 100%, I guess we are dealing with a codec issue. Here is the solution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
---
Old 2004-08-29, 16:42   Link #31
Keii_san
Hater of Fan boys/girls

Send a message via AIM to Keii_san
Just to see whether it was something wrong with my computer, I downloaded the movie trailer for naruto yesterday. the trailer works fine. I can play the file. It's just episode 97 that's giving me a hard time. What could be wrong?
Old 2004-09-06, 10:31   Link #32
SeeG
AniMe P.I.M.P

Send a message via AIM to SeeG
Defining purpose of the "CRC"

i would like to know what the crc code is for?
i.e. [A-Faith]_Hunter_X_Hunter_G_I_Final_OVA_13[72ACE8DE].avi
what is the meaning for those numbers before the .avi
much appreciated

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-06 at 16:41. Reason: Threads Merged
Old 2004-09-06, 10:33   Link #33
syntex
Error 641

they r there to tell you if you have the complete/ and or good file - in other words if the file it self is correupt or not - but thats only if you have the proper software to check it which i cant remeber
Old 2004-09-10, 12:50   Link #34
Leeloo

Hi,
sicne I've found out about Bittorent several weeks ago I've tried to download vidoe via it.The problem is, that I can't play it. Eventhough it is .avi WMP claims "format is not supported". so far I've tried these video players and none of them is able: WMP, WMP classic, MDV p.,PowerDVD,MPlayer, VLC, BS player, and believe me that also every kind of codec that was available. Then I used an AVIcodecs and Gspot to find out what codec do I have to use, but both of them found that videos as invalid avi file, so then I tried Xvid-AviC and the result was
FourCC Descriptionb Code-Ê}>Ü .....and FourCC used code-Â0õ^....and the one last thing was CRC, do I have to say the numbers was COMPLETLY different?(1#-D26B149D and 2#-969502C5)
Most funny thing about it is that via BT i can DL anything but video files and the same video file downloaded through Mirc works.Does anybody know what should i do?
Old 2005-12-21, 05:29   Link #35
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I would like to note that the instructions on how to use Zidrav posted by [Titan] are incorrect - while the program can be used that way, using that method requires that both files be the exact same size. This limits the program's usage to very few instances of patching corrupt files, when the program can actually be used exactly like BitTorrent.

Stepwise:
1. Have the person with the completed file make the checksum file (this will be a .cdt filetype). Send this file to the person with the corrupt/incomplete file.
2. Have the person with the damaged file use Make requests file - this will require both the checksum (.cdt) file from the person with the completed file, and the damaged file. Send the file created (.cdq filetype) back to the person with the completed file.
3. Have the person with the completed file use Fill requests file - this will require the .cdq file created by the person with the damaged/incomplete file, and the completed file. It will create a .cdp file, the size depending on how much data was missing from the corrupt file. Send this file back to the person with the damaged file.
4. Have the person with the damaged/incomplete file use Apply patch file. This will require the .cdp file from the person with the completed file, and the damaged/incomplete file.

Done. It requires more steps than simply having the person with the damaged file creating a checksum file, sending it to a person with the complete file, and having the person with the complete file sending a patch back. However, this will allow you to work around corruption/incompletions where the filesize does not match exactly.
--------
On a less related note, since this thread is dedicated to checking CRC values, I would like to suggest that people use HashCalc (http://slavasoft.com/hashcalc/overview.htm) for their checking needs. It's a very simple, free program that will also allow you to hash other algorithms. Note that while hashing, the program will act like it has frozen - the hashing process will take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two, depending on the speed of your hard drive and processor, and the size of the file you are hashing.

Want to calculate the CRC values of multiple files at once instead of one by one? No problem! Though it's made for checking over pre-made MD5 and SFV files, WXchecksums (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxchecksums/) can be used to hash the CRC32 (and MD5) values of many files, all at once. The process is simple: open the program, and select to create a new SFV file. Then, drag and drop all of the files that you want to hash into the program. It will show you a progress bar regarding the hashing progress, which you can also pause/cancel at any time. When it is finished, you will see the list of files, as well as the CRC32 values. This makes for very easy checking of a downloaded series - simply align the name and data columns so that you can see the CRC32 tags in the filenames, and move the CRC32 column close to it. If you like, you can save this SFV file for fast future checking - so long as you keep the filenames the same and have the SFV file in the same directory, doubleclicking the SFV file will cause wxchecksums (or your SFV program of choice) to scan all files with those matching filenames and compare the CRC values on its own. If you don't care to save the SFV file, that's fine too. This makes checking for corruption among your episodes much more time efficient.

(originally posted 2005-06-25, 17:31, recovered 2005-12-21, 05:29)

Tags
wiki candidate