AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 34 37.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-30, 09:49   Link #41
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I haven't watched Magical Pokan yet, maybe I should watch the 7 anime she was casted in. Her hard work must be appreciated.

Anyway what I meant is something like this: her voice fits Misa's character, but not exactly her face. Maybe we just can't shake off our image of Haruhi when we hear her voice.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-12-30, 13:05   Link #42
a hobbit
a hibbity hobbity hooobit

im loving death note so far ^^
Old 2006-12-30, 19:22   Link #43
Dyaji

Good episode, but I never found a problem with Misa's VA--suits her perfectly.

Trying to justify the L freaking out thing...maybe because of two "Kiras" mentioning Gods of Death, L reasoned that there's a very likely chance of their existence (Like Light and L's 'Second Kira' theory). I dunno about you guys, but Death Gods existing would make anyone seem powerless...especially if L is a target, his death, and the failure of the investigation, would be likely to happen. Just a bit of bias, cuz I lub L.

And the last scene was okay...even if the Death Gods saw eachother, they didn't have to say 'hello'...Light was pretty deep in thought, so even he wouldn't notice if Ryuk glanced over at Rem...or something..
Old 2006-12-30, 20:29   Link #44
Zalith
GrimmHime

I wuv L too <3 xD. And I mean, I guess anyone would freak out at the news of the existence of shinigamis, but it was still a little bit overdramatic >.>
Old 2006-12-30, 20:58   Link #45
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its like Mark Hamil, no matter how good he acted, people can only see him as Luke Skywalker and can't seem to go past that.

Aya-chan left too much of an impact, our impression of her as Haruhi-sama will forever be engraven in our minds.

But I agree that her voice makes Misa sounds as though she's on helium, but still I love the bubbly character she created.
I admit I haven't seen any anime with her in it, and I am finding the voice to be out of place...

Having read the manga I am already somewhat used to the character of Misa and the voice she is using doesn't seem to fit it at all... I'm still holding back judgment a little because we haven't seen a full episode of her yet. In this episode at some points she used a lower pitch which seemed more appropriate to me, but when she was higher pitched, it sounded too... "sharp" I guess, and unnatural. I guess I may not know... Do people talk like that?
Old 2006-12-30, 23:56   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Love

The episode was very impressive since Light is pressured on how to contact and find the second Kira without allowing the investigation team to gain an edge over him to that clue.

L reaction to Kira 2nd slipping out about the existence of the Death Gods took me by surprise. I wonder what was the real deal with L when he made all the fright drama about the Death Gods?
Is he playing fool with the investigation team, because his suspicion percentage about Light being Kira has not subsided yet, and therefore, he's concealing an interpretation clue from the team that might help him to deduce on Kira's killing method?

Unfortunately, I must express dissatisfaction on how Misa conducted her response in the video tape. She got loose of her fan worship for Kira, that without prudence let out the hints about the "Death God eyes" and the "Shinigami".
Her foolishness doesn't earn her either respect nor praise from Light. Quite on the contrary, Misa, I may daresay, has no spine, and she's more of spoiled child that possessing the Death Note can do away anything to whim.

She's susceptible and malleable to be manipulated and throw away once her usefulness expires.

And seriously doesn't anyone here notices, as I did, that Misa behaves or draws some connotations to a California valley girl? Except that she's kind of pretty weird, on the occult stuff (did anyone look at the dolls in her room?), and she's more like sort of the gothic fashion.
Old 2006-12-30, 23:57   Link #47
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally have no beef with Hirano's genki approach to Misa, who might I remind is the fangirl of fangirls in the Death Note world. She seems out of place because compared to just about every other character in DN, she's the only one who doesn't take things seriously at all. She's an amoral human who takes killing lightly (probably the only one in the series if memory serves correct), and Hirano's take on Misa reflects this to a tee. If she didn't feel out of place, then that IMO would be weird.

Just my two cents...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-12-31, 00:42   Link #48
Zalith
GrimmHime

Misa needs to think more thoroughly how to express her love for Light. If she really liked Light, she wouldn't pressure and rush him like that and let the "Death Gods" and the "Posess the eyes" parts slip out. I mean, she knew it'd be broadcasted on TV =\. She should've taken more precaution.
Old 2006-12-31, 02:46   Link #49
Xakanis2

About Light and Misa's shinigami seeing each other, well its explained later as a sort of shinigami code of conduct.
Old 2006-12-31, 06:13   Link #50
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
Do people talk like that?
Yep, there is!

What you're hearing is Aya-chan's natural voice . Hirano Aya.

Maybe you can do some research on her, using google, youtube or such. You'll see how talented she is. She can switch pitches and transform her tone almost digitally.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-12-31, 13:02   Link #51
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Hirano aya is definitely a superb VA. Her different pitches are natural, especially can be seen when she sings and when she plays her characters.
Old 2007-01-01, 01:17   Link #52
onepiecelover

This new episode was one of the coolest one. The other girl is a little retarded but hey its still awesome and we finally know...

Spoiler for title:

Last edited by onepiecelover; 2007-01-01 at 01:17. Reason: Cant get the spoiler title to work :(
Old 2007-01-01, 04:42   Link #53
Enegue
Team Yamaha R1

I am guessing Light will fall for that girl. xD
Old 2007-01-01, 05:54   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ i guess you would be wrong there...if light cant manipulate her he might as well bumb her off...but it all depends on ~ whos the fastest writer ~ the story isnt about love to begin with on light's part ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-01, 08:41   Link #55
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Just like I used to keep hearing Kyon when watching Yuuichi in Kanon, now I keep hearing Haruhi when watching Misa in Death Note.

Gah. This is no good. >_<
Old 2007-01-01, 13:11   Link #56
Jaruromania

I keep hearing Tamaki in Light. Which is good, in a way, because I can take him less seriously now.
Old 2007-01-01, 13:52   Link #57
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EV- View Post
Wow, Misa is really dumb
i was thinking the same thing but then rationalizing it, you can do pretty stupid things when you're in love. from what it looks like, she's overly excited and wants to connect with Kira. so she's babbling on about stuff only they would know about to try and make an impression.
Old 2007-01-01, 19:26   Link #58
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Actually, I think episode 13 will explain Misa's actions and her obessesion with Kira. But I liked how they added the ending, great seeing them thinking about each other when they are just by opposite tables.
________
Honda Crf230

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:51.
Old 2007-01-02, 00:43   Link #59
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Anyone else think the animation qual for 12 was a bit lacking? Im hoping it just wasnt TW's sub but I just didnt find it as clean as the previous 11 epis.

I loved Light's reaction to the Shinigami eyes part of the tape and yes Misa is kinda dumb XD L's reaction to the Shinigami was funny too, I dont remember that in the manga, Im gonna have to go back and look now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-02, 01:05   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

An 8 from me. (- point for that last scene + I still cant get over L's overreacting .. )

For those peoples calling Misa stupid.. remember that the characters dont have the god view that we viewers enjoyed.. thus what Misa did is rationalize IMO.. She's acting as a normal Kira's fangirl (well, not so normal in her case).

I love Misa potrayal to be honest.. her naiviety is well done.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Closed Thread