AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-24, 16:45   Link #1241
princessnanoha
Ready Take Off!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
It's a translating error.
機動六課隊長よりごあいさつ(Kidou rokka taichou yori goaisatsu) means the greeting of commanders of RF6.
THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION
I REALLY APRECIATE IT

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!!!!!!!!!
princessnanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 22:46   Link #1242
Nagumo
Random Translator

I've been putting the translation of this Sound Stage on hiatus for a long time. I'm almost done with the entire thing... but that still means I have so much to do ;_;

Anyways, enjoy

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Sound Stage 01

10 - Kazoku no Omoi, Tomodachi no Omoi
10 – Feelings of Family, Feelings of Friends

Hayate: I guess everyone’s done eating and drinking now.
Amy: Yes, seems like it.
Hayate: Well everyone, despite this being a mission and all, it feels like it’s turned more into a break.
Fate: And it’s almost time for the results of the search spell and wide area analysis too. So we have a little more time to relax.
Nanoha: Members of Mobile Six, now that we’ve regained our strength, let us do our best on the rest of the mission.
All: Yes ma’am.
Arisa: Take it easy everyone.
All: Yes!
Hayate: Since we have the time, why don’t we have our local collaborators and Mobile Six members introduce themselves to each other.
Nanoha: Okay then, starting from that end first please.
Arisa: Er, I’m a normal local, Arisa Bannings. I’m the one who ownd/prepared/provided this place for you. I’ve been friends with Fate, Nanoha, and Hayate for the last 10 years. Even now we’re good friends. Okay, you next Suzuka.
Suzuka: I, too, am a normal local and a friend of the three as well. Tsukimura Suzuka. I’m currently a university student. I’ve been in Nanoha-chan’s, Hayate-chan’s and Fate-chan’s good graces for a very long time.
Arf: From Midchilda and Fate’s familiar, I am Arf. Actually, the only people who’ve never met me before is… er… only Nanoha’s two students?
Teana: Yes.
Subaru: That’s correct.
Arf: Ahaha, aw you guys don’t have to be so polite. Erio and Caro talk to me normally/casually.
E+C: Yes.
Arf: Let’s see, long ago I used to run around here with Fate but since Fate’s situation/circumstances have changed and all. So instead of sticking around her, I figure I’d go do a job protecting her family and her home. So the last four years, I’ve pretty much retired from active duty/service. So right now, I’m helping Amy-chan at the Harlaown house doing housework and stuff.
Amy: She’s a really great help with the housework.
Erio: When I was small, she used to play with me a lot.
Caro: Me, too.
Subaru: I see.
Arf: Well, I might come and pay a visit to ya at Mobile Six one of these days (bad translation). Nice ta meet ya.
Amy: Hm, I guess I’m the only one here who has very deep ties with Midchilda, I am Amy Harlaown. I used to be a Dimensional Navy communication officer, commanding/commissioned officer/captain aide (bad translations), was posted on the Asura and ended up meeting Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan and Hayate-chan while I was serving there. It’s already been ten years since then. After that, lots of things have happened. I’ve become friends with Miyuki over here and ended up marrying Fate-chan’s older brother Admiral Chrono Harlaown, right now I’m raising our children.
Arf: I’m with the mother.
Amy: And that’s it.
Subaru: Huh? That means…
Teana: It means she’s the wife of our patron Admiral Chrono Harlaown (bad translation… koukennin?)… and also Fate-san’s sister in law.
Subaru: Oh, I see…
Nanoha: Okay, you’re next onee-chan.
Miyuki: Right then, I’m a local as well. I’m Takamichi Miyuki, which means I’m Captain…?
Nanoha: Yup.
Miyuki: Captain Takamichi Nanoha’s older sister. Ten years ago, Nanoha managed to have a chance encounter magic and then was invited to join the TSAB and got a job with them. It seems like she found a great post/position and went off to Midchilda. Without giving us any time to recover from surprise or bewilderment, Nanoha had already went off on her own path. Nanoha’s been through a lot, and listening to Fate-chan and Hayate-chan she’s gone through more things since then. Even though it’s a job dedicated to maintaining peace and safety, it’s a job that has a lot of dangers. Even now we worry about her a lot. But I heard that Nanoha’s found her dream: to have a job that let’s her use magic properly as a mage, to teach and guide people in all sorts of things. So we’re patiently waiting for her safe return to this world. Ha, ever since she was little, she’s been so stubborn and wilful. Even if try to tell her it’s impossible, whatever she puts her mind to (decides), she’ll do whatever it takes to make it happen. Er… I guess I’m acting like an overly proud (ane-baka) older sister? (bad translation at some places)
Amy: It’s all right, all right.
Arf: You’re exactly like Amy to Chrono.
Miyuki: That being said… students!
All: Um, yes?
Miyuki: I’ve heard that (or I know that) Nanoha-sensei is a very strict teacher but please try to help her out the best you can. A request from her older sister.
All: Roger!
Nanoha: Onee-chan! Um, you do know that as a superior officer that I have to maintain my dignity
Miyuki: Wha~? Oh don’t be like that!
Amy: It’s important to be personable/affable (the nuance of shitashii is friendly/close/intimate) as well. Right?
Caro: Hm? Tea-san?
Teana: What is it?
Caro: Oh, nothing.
Fate: Okay then, let’s have the Forwards introduce themselves. Subaru please start.
Subaru: Yes ma’am. Stars Squad 03, Front Attacker, Subaru Nakajima! When I was eleven years old, I was caught up in an accident at the airport when I was rescued by Nanoha-san. Ever since that encounter, I’ve been…
Old 2008-08-02, 10:32   Link #1243
Thisguy
Negikamo

Official page for SSX is up, so here goes.

"StrikerS Sound Stage X" limited edition is going to be released at Comiket 74 for 4000 yen.
The main story is 2 CDs long, which apparently exceeds 2 hours; the package also includes 20pages worth of booklet and some post cards.
----
Story:
3 years after the JS incident, a continued heinous crimes are threatening Midchilda.
TSAB Enforcer Teana Lanster, along with her old comrades, challanges this case and it's villain Marriage" and "X".
----
Notable Tracks (in my tastes, it is ):
~Disk 1~
08. At the Church - Sister Deed and Butler Otto (Oi oi... Otto really is becoming she-male now )
12. Oversea re-education facility - Four Nakajima sisters (We already know Nove joined the Nakajima family, but who else?)
20. On the rooftop - Marriage vs Teana (wow, final showdown at this fast?)
~Disk 2~
01. At Infinite Library - the Little Librarian (alright, we know who it's refering to...)
02. Agito visits Lutecia
05. Ginga and Cinque

And rest are obviously core of plots, and I mean I can't make out anything from these titles like "J.S", "N2R" or "Faith".
----
Casts:
Most of StS characters are in, including Uno, Tre, Quattro and Jail himself.
And as mentioned before, the cast list is void of all characters from 1st and A's - Nanoha, Fate, Hatate along with other characters are not in the cast list.
One thing to note is that Ayako Kawasumi is listed as ??? - most likely the villain.

Normal package is planned to be released at this Autumn.
Hopefully it'll be September or somewhere closer... since I'm not going to Comiket, I'll have to wait for normal package to be released.

Last edited by Thisguy; 2008-08-02 at 10:45.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 10:58   Link #1244
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
12. Oversea re-education facility - Four Nakajima sisters (We already know Nove joined the Nakajima family, but who else?)
Theorycrafting here, but its a coin-toss between Cinque and Wendi.

Cinque already has very close ties with Nove, so it would make sense for Nove to stick around Cinque.

On the other hand, Wendi has more of a 'younger daughter' feel, and also has a relationship with Nove, although Wendi's is more... competitive.

Though in my opinion, this track:

Quote:
05. Ginga and Cinque
makes me lean towards Cinque being the fourth sister. I do hope so. That would group my two top-ranking numbers with the Nakajima sisters.

Quote:
And rest are obviously core of plots, and I mean I can't make out anything from these titles like "J.S", "N2R" or "Faith".
J.S refers to Jail Scagliethi, obviously, so its probably going to be Jail-centric. The rest are a mystery to me too.

I'm looking forward to this. I don't know much Japanese, so I hope somebody will be making summaries of these tracks. Any info on what the Vivio-centric tracks may be about?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 11:24   Link #1245
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Theorycrafting here, but its a coin-toss between Cinque and Wendi.
Now that I remember, the Criminal-Cards said that Genya is supervising 5, 9, 10 and 11.
Maybe that track name was meant to be 4 sisters "in the facility". thus all four are considered Nakajima families?

Well that makes Nakajima family... freakin 6 sisters with Subaru and Ginga
Quote:
Any info on what the Vivio-centric tracks may be about?
Disk 2 track 1, the Little Librarian most likely refers to Vivio.
So tracks that have the Library in it's titles - Disk 2 track 1 and 3 would most likely have some Vivio in there.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 11:27   Link #1246
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Now that I remember, the Criminal-Cards said that Genya is supervising 5, 9, 10 and 11.
Maybe that track name was meant to be 4 sisters "in the facility". thus all four are considered Nakajima families?
Huh, I hadn't thought about that. That makes sense too.

Quote:
Looks like its easy to become a Nakajima. All you have to do is be a Cyborg.

Quote:
Disk 2 track 1, the Little Librarian most likely refers to Vivio.
So tracks that have the Library in it's titles - Disk 2 track 1 and 3 would most likely have some Vivio in there.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:29   Link #1247
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

That man wins at life.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 13:36   Link #1248
Same_Shark

Not sure if it's been said already, but the ED of the new Sound Stage is "My Friend" by Mami Kawada.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 20:23   Link #1249
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I'm a little afraid of Vivio being the Little Librarian. I smell imminent shafting.
Old 2008-08-03, 04:03   Link #1250
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I smell a Yuuno clone.... ability-wise :3
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 04:53   Link #1251
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

First having the same VA, and now same occupation. This is getting a little ridiculous.

But the 40Kism stands, for being a Librarian actually elevates Vivio's standing to that of a commander's... I could use this.
Old 2008-08-03, 05:52   Link #1252
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

http://www.nanoha.com/ssx_chara.html

^ well I do like how Vivio poses there
Old 2008-08-03, 06:12   Link #1253
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
http://www.nanoha.com/ssx_chara.html

^ well I do like how Vivio poses there
Me too, I'm trying out various ways to turn it into a nice signature.

Also, I'm cross posting your summary of SSM3, hope you don't mind :

Originally posted by PhoenixG, quotation removed to allow easier quoting for others:

======

Well some information about SoundStage M3 that I heard yesterday and discussed a bit in the IRC. This soundstage is more a Q&A than story. There are things that I'm sure about, things that I'm not sure about, due my lack of understanding of Japanese and there are things that I have completely missed.

This is Post-StrikerS after the time jump when everyone is at there new/former post and before SoundStage X. My guess is that it's a few months after the time jump.

Things that I know for sure:
  • Nanoha and Vivio are mother and daughter while Fate and Vivio are more sisterly related. The relationship between Hayate and Vivio wasn't mentioned, but they are close although she keeps calling her "Commander" Hayate.
  • Current post
    • Nanoha is back to her old position ( air force )
    • Fate is back to her old position ( enforcer )
    • Vita follows Nanoha and enter in the air force
    • Zafira is Ginga's second hand in investigation
    • Shamal is back to her old post, while also being Nanoha's personal doctor.
    • Subaru is in the rescue department
    • Teana and Shari are Fate assistant. Teana is also studing about enforcer so she has a shortcut to enter air force.
    • Caro and Erio went back to administered planet 3. Erio wants to be a Belka Knight, while Caro is studing about animals. Erio is also friends with the numbers.
    • Agito is with Signum.
  • Agito is calling other knights by there name, except Vita and Hayate. Agito calls Vita Aneko and she hasn't decide yet how to call Hayate ( she already tried "Meister Hayate", "Lord Hayate" and many more )
  • Vivio is in Belka magic school. After school she studies, plays with other children, helps Eina (sp? , the maid in StrikerS) around the house and often goes to the infinite library.
  • Yuuno and Vivio are close friends and Yuuno did teaches some magic to Vivio like search magic for searching books in the library.

things that I'm not sure about
  • Signum post. I heard something about HQ, I think it's the ground HQ, not sure.
  • Hayate's current duty. I only heard that she's traveling around. They did say more about it, but I didn't understand it.
  • The movie is a movie production in midchilda. ( a movie in an anime serie ). I'm not sure about this, but according how the say they act it looks like it.

Random stuff
  • In this whole soundstage, Hayate acts like a little devil. Always try away to poke fun about Fate and Nanoha. Vivio acts the same as Hayate with results a surprised Nanoha and Fate.
  • According Nanoha, a scary Shamal is really scary.
  • Fate wants to live together with Erio and Caro, like Nanoha and Vivio, but Erio and Caro decided to go to administrated world 3 ([joke] Erio and Caro elope for their honeymoon :P[/joke])
  • Teana is thankfull for the other forwards for being her friend. She did told them, except Subaru. According to Teana Subaru will relax something like "are sick, Teana?", "did you eat something wrong?".
  • According to the two watcher in administrated world 3, Caro should study to be an animal doctor, but Caro hasn't decided what she will be.
  • According to Vivio Zaffy ( that's how Vivio calls Zafira ) really loves to play around. Nanoha is thankfull for that ( babysitting Vivio ) and Hayate comments that Zafira is really good with children.
  • Subaru always complains to Teana about souvenirs from the worlds that she visits.
  • Due the small age gap between Teana, Fate and Shari, when they on leave they often goes shopping together and acts like three teenagers.
  • Signum asked Fate for advice for being more "buddy like" towards Agito and gets for reply "relax". Although according to Hayate Signum "hates" to be relaxed.

I think have all the points that I know. Feel free to add or correct it.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-03 at 11:06.
Old 2008-08-03, 11:58   Link #1254
Jimmy C

I read a chinese trans in progress, here are some additions to the SSM3 contents.

Quote:
Nanoha and Vivio are mother and daughter while Fate and Vivio are more sisterly related.
Nanoha actually says Fate is deliberately keeping a distance from Vivio. But she is still Vivio's guardian and still loves her. Hayate is the one that says Fate is more like a sister to Vivio now.

Quote:
Zafira is Ginga's second hand in investigation
Not quite. Hayate says he's been to the 108th a lot recently, to work with Ginga. Zafira seems to have developed an interest in investigative work, Ginga is acting like his instructor there. And, in wolf form, he's not bound by limiters.

Quote:
Caro and Erio went back to administered planet 3.
It's not the 3rd. It's number 61.

Quote:
helps Eina (sp? , the maid in StrikerS) around the house
Aina I think. For good reason, after RF6 disbanded, Nanoha hired Aina as a nanny to look after Vivio.

Quote:
Signum post. I heard something about HQ, I think it's the ground HQ, not sure.
It is. She's the captain of an Air Force team. Agito is her aide and also in the Air Force.

Quote:
Hayate's current duty. I only heard that she's traveling around.
It appears to be the chief investigator position mentioned in the ep26 epilog.

Quote:
The movie is a movie production in midchilda. ( a movie in an anime serie ). I'm not sure about this, but according how the say they act it looks like it.
They didn't explicitly say that. They did say the movie will be shown on Earth, not Mid. Nanoha and Fate did say they were extensively interviewed, and got to check for narrative mistakes however. The whole thing's kinda weird. Oh, and Hayate showed them the script and design bible for the movie.

Quote:
Signum asked Fate for advice for being more "buddy like" towards Agito and gets for reply "relax". Although according to Hayate Signum "hates" to be relaxed.
N&F even invited her over to show her how to "relax". It was educational.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-08-04 at 02:00.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 12:11   Link #1255
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Nanoha actually says Fate is deliberately keeping a distance from Vivio. But she is still Vivio's guardian and still loves her. Hayate is the one that says Fate is more like a sister to Vivio now.
And Nanoha agrees, unless there are other ways to interpret "sou sou."

Quote:
Not quite. Hayate says he's been to the 108th a lot recently, to work with Ginga. Zafira seems to have developed an interest in investigative work, Ginga is acting like his instructor there. And, in wolf form, he's not bound by limiters.
Heeeeh? Now that last bit is certainly interesting. So Wolf form is like a Limiter Release for him, huh?

Quote:
They didn't explicitly say that. They did say the movie will been shown on Earth, not Mid. Nanoha and Fate did say they were extensively interviewed, and got to check for narrative mistakes however. The whole thing's kinda weird. Oh, and Hayate showed them the script and design bible for the movie.
We've been throwing around theories ranging from that it's a joke, to the point where the movie is actually being aired in the show.

Quote:
N&F even invited her over to show her how to "relax". It was educational.
... That can be taken in so many wrong ways.
Old 2008-08-03, 12:12   Link #1256
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Ah... thanks for the addictional information and correction
Old 2008-08-03, 18:44   Link #1257
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spilover from fanfiction thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Yeah, although that’s mostly Hayate’s thinking, what would be good to know is Vivio’s POV. But as you said, according to the last sound track she still loves both Nanoha and Fate, so I doubt that she would start calling Fate-mama other way. Even if she knows that she’s not really her mama, Fate will always has that motherly image ^^
Nanoha agrees with Hayate that their relationship is that of an older-younger, though (at the end of Hayate's theory, Nanoha says 'sou sou' which if I recall, is an agreement). But you're right, we need a Vivio POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
About the drama, you’re right. Sadly we will never get any drama, or at least any well developed drama from this kind of show… that’s a pain, since that’s my favorite gender
You mean genre. I don't know... I always find too much romantic drama to drag on the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm a glutton for drama, but too much drama and not enough other subjects gets boring just as fast as too much action does. That's something I always liked about Nanoha, they give a good dose of action and drama.
Old 2008-08-03, 19:19   Link #1258
BPHaru

Quote:
Nanoha agrees with Hayate that their relationship is that of an older-younger, though (at the end of Hayate's theory, Nanoha says 'sou sou' which if I recall, is an agreement). But you're right, we need a Vivio POV.
Yeah, Nanoha agreed with Hayate, but I had the impression that she didn't know what to say and that she agreed with her friend when she came with that just to get out of the problem I think we'll never know when the characters are being honest with each others in this kind of controversial issues, that's why this will always be an open scenario... which is not a bad thing either

Quote:
You mean genre. I don't know... I always find too much romantic drama to drag on the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm a glutton for drama, but too much drama and not enough other subjects gets boring just as fast as too much action does. That's something I always liked about Nanoha, they give a good dose of action and drama.
Oh, you're right, thanks for the correction, I really appreciate when people help me to improve my English ^^

About the drama, I can see too much of it Nanoha, almost nothing at all. Most of the drama was induced by the community ^^U

Also, a show only about drama isn't necessarily boring, just look at anything from Key, Air-Tv is one of my favorites series of all the times, and it's only drama. A masterpiece, if you ask me. The other series by Key and KyoAni are mostly have drama as their predominating genre too, but also include romance and light comedy. All of them are pretty good, I highly recommend them.

Combining genres is always a good way to get a good result, that way you can get a series that is liked by a mayor number of people, and that's not only for the anime and manga. We have here for example our dear Haruhi that everyone loves ^^

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 19:20   Link #1259
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
They didn't explicitly say that. They did say the movie will been shown on Earth, not Mid. Nanoha and Fate did say they were extensively interviewed, and got to check for narrative mistakes however. The whole thing's kinda weird. Oh, and Hayate showed them the script and design bible for the movie.
Very weird, to the point of trying to expose magic to the Earthlings...

...or has it already been exposed, since Nanoha and Fate were extensively interviewed?

No seriously, which part of this track actually makes sense with the rest of the Nanoha universe now?!
Old 2008-08-03, 21:30   Link #1260
Jimmy C

Well, I think the SSM series is a fourth-wall-breaker type of production.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music