Gerard07

The events of vol 16 I think are the following;
Spoiler:

That would be for now.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-03, 11:38   Link #8582
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Can’t believe we waited this long just for this outcome.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 05:31   Link #8583
mickbis

So what happen to the elf country?
do they become part of Sorcery kingdom?
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 01:18   Link #8584
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
So what happen to the elf country?
do they become part of Sorcery kingdom?
for me automatically yes, or maybe make alliance with Sorcerer Kingdom just like Dwarf Kingdom...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 17:36   Link #8585
TURI123456

I was wondering about something and although I think I going to get a lot of negative comments because of that I am still curious about it. Why this series is so popular and why there are so many fans for the main characters? I mean the starting point of the series is what will happen if we throw the "Villains" into a world without any "Heroes" that can stop them. The character of the Vilain works well when you know that there is someone out there that can stop him, resist him, or when the villain's goal is something that the reader can understand and think that he has gone too far with his goal or dream but he still have/has a legitimate point not matter if he wins or loses at the end of the story. Those kinds of things and others that make the characters of the Villains useful are lacking in this series plus because the mains characters here are the "Villains" all the other characters are just victims to them I mean nobody of the readers really thinks that there is a chance that the mains characters of this series are not going to get the final goal in the end (if there is even one).

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 20:50   Link #8586
patnam

i wish the next Volume 17 & 18, there are truly great battle between Great Tomb of Nazarick and Slane Theocracy, as Ainz and the Floor Guardians find a hard fights against the Slane Theocracy as they have the world items which once belongs to the Players hundred years ago and those world items can match against the Great Tomb of Nazarick...
probably the Great Tomb of Nazarick will having heavy casualties before finally able to defeat Slane Theocracy...
last battle the real Ainz vs Tsaindorcus Vaision aka Riku Aganeia
Old 2022-09-13, 21:21   Link #8587
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
i wish the next Volume 17 & 18, there are truly great battle between Great Tomb of Nazarick and Slane Theocracy, as Ainz and the Floor Guardians find a hard fights against the Slane Theocracy as they have the world items which once belongs to the Players hundred years ago and those world items can match against the Great Tomb of Nazarick...
probably the Great Tomb of Nazarick will having heavy casualties before finally able to defeat Slane Theocracy...
last battle the real Ainz vs Tsaindorcus Vaision aka Riku Aganeia
Well, you will probably get disappointed, as Ainz should have already know which WCIs the theoracy have and prepared counter accordingly, what left will depend on individual powers, and considering that even theoracy greatest trump card had already fallen in to Nazarick hand with minimum effort, what left will probably just one-sided slaughter
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-14, 12:29   Link #8588
Gerard07

As said above, surely there won't be a big battle between Nazarick and Theocracy since the latter lost their best card (Zesshi), but we may see some good matchups later when Ainz and the Guardians have to face the True Lords Dragons (the ones that can use wild magic and apparently can resist World Items), although I wonder if all that will fit in 2 volumes (supposed to end in volume 18), I still hope that the author will release more volumes .
Old 2022-09-16, 06:52   Link #8589
tuckersister

Will Ainz still be Ainz by the end of the series? Has anyone in the series figured out Ainz’s actual personality? Also there’s still nothing new with Evil Eye.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 10:31   Link #8590
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
I was wondering about something and although I think I going to get a lot of negative comments because of that I am still curious about it. Why this series is so popular and why there are so many fans for the main characters?.
It's a power fantasy about being a powerful skeleton overlord.
Not many anime like that ( so far )

Also, people were getting sick of the usual isekai template: dude with emotional issues about trust and betrayal
ends up buying a slave girlfriend

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 04:07   Link #8591
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's a power fantasy about being a powerful skeleton overlord.
Not many anime like that ( so far )

Also, people were getting sick of the usual isekai template: dude with emotional issues about trust and betrayal
ends up buying a slave girlfriend

//
You didn't respond to the second part of my comment and the things that I wrote there. Is that mean you agree with me about those points?

About the points that you mention. I understand what you say however Overlord is not unique in those points. You can find a few Light Novel that has a villain as main character and you can find other Light Novels that the main topic (or at least one of them) is how power is something important to the main character and they still lack the points that I wrote about Overlord and yet Overlord gets a lot more fans than those series.
About the part with the Isekai I disagree with you about this there are a lot of Light Novels that take the Isekai genre and change it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 20:08   Link #8592
Gerard07

Any news on when the next volume will be out?.
Old 2023-11-15, 10:25   Link #8593
Fufufu
Doffy

Last comment was in April and yet no news so far in November.
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 22:02   Link #8594
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

No surprise Antilene lost, Fairy Tail has taught me to never believe in overhyped antagonist's/viliians.

She lost the moment she faces a member of Nazarick. Disappointing but it was expected as per usual.

At the very least I hope Antilene has a happier ending than most.

There is a possibility that Ainz will see the memories from the conversation she had with the captain from Overlord II episode 1 about her marrying a man stronger than her an having a child with them, that Ainz will let her live and become Mare's wife.

I can accept an ending where Antilene marries Mare and has a child with him.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 02:14   Link #8595
Bakaraiser0711

is there any news about Ainz guildmates that might be in the new world or did the author forget about this plot point?
Bakaraiser0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 04:08   Link #8596
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaraiser0711 View Post
is there any news about Ainz guildmates that might be in the new world or did the author forget about this plot point?
currently no any news about Ainz guildmates...
probably next LN vol will have one guildmate arrives to the new world, likely is Touch Me...

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination