AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 07:41   Link #101
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
not all of it, but there are some part of it that do look like that..
shadows on round objects still give that "CGI feel" you are talking about..

and i checked the race, most of it is rendered but the bg is still hand drawn..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 07:44   Link #102
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Watching Blassreiter in higher definition via fansub, I don't think the CG really bothers me anymore. It actually seems to fit in HD rather than standard def where the CG may stand out a lot more.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:21   Link #103
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Agreed. It's an interesting effect, since lower video quality tends to mask defects in 2-D animation.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:59   Link #104
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
LOL. You've got it all backwards. I am one of them rare pro-GONZO people. I'm just disappointed by the ridiculousness of this series.
Except for the assimilation part (which is obviously part of the required storyline foundation) I was unable to identify anything "ridiculous" so far. How about you substantiate that a bit? With, you know, objective facts instead of opinions?

Quote:
Oh, and don't get me wrong, there are works that are not supposed to be anything but a guilty pleasure and I've never ever rained on their parade even when having found them idiotic.
It's just the opposite. You're notorious for aggressive and demeaning criticism under most circumstances. What makes your contributions harder to swallow than those of others is your haughty tendency to act as if your opinion was rather an expression of fact.

Quote:
A guilty pleasure can be as stupid and as gratuitous as it wants to be.
Amen. So far, Blassreiter doesn't really require the cop-out though, IMHO.

Quote:
My problem is that Blassreiter has pretentions of thoroughness and dramatic credibility, yet doesn't live up to either.
Blassreiter has established itself to be "serious" with no comedy so far. That's it. "Thoroughness" after one ep? "Dramatic credibility" after one ep? You can't be serious.

Quote:
Forget the presentation, give me something interesting, something thoughtful to watch! Wall-hopping plastic toys and non-sensical deus ex machina plot devices were a bit exasperating to say the least.
It's way too early to judge whether or not what happened in ep1 was sensical or not. We got a fragment of the basic setting and a couple of character introductions. Nothing more, nothing less. We don't really know yet what the show will be about, who the factions are, and what's been happening. You can say that you didn't like what you saw - fine. For any objective and non-oblivious conclusion it's way too early.

Quote:
PS: Oh, and a notice to all of you "Enjoy or GTFO" people. This isn't how life works. Get over it.
How about you chill a bit and stop talking down to the anime and the people in this forum? This is how life _should_ work.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 13:31   Link #105
Blaat

Honestly I think I would liked this show better if it were a special ops team fighting assimilating demon robots anime, instead of special ops team with Iron Man/Samus/Guyver-like power suit with motorbikes fighting assimilating demon robots.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 08:40   Link #106
FuzzyWuzzy

The power of hatred is strong.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 01:55   Link #107
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Awesome : )

I had just watched soul eater and I wasnt expecting much from this series . This show was pleasant suprise , the starting came out awesome I was reminded of few Bike Racong games from long time back . These show feels inspired by Terminator 3 Rise of Machines which is a good thing , I always wanted to see terminator as an anime . This show in a way fulfills that wish . The CG and special effects are nicely done the best I have seen in a long time . Characters are the soul of the show are well created and multi dimensional . Whats draws me most to the show are the Amalgams .... If I could pick two animes from spring it would Soul Eater and BLASSREITER .

Also Kudos to Nitro+ for the Designs : )
Old 2008-04-12, 13:00   Link #108
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

The ep will be available both for viewing and download in...exactly an hour from now. (08:00pm GMT+1 here)

EDIT:
It's up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4cOLpUSVw

Looks like there was more than the s-caps let on. And I WAS right regarding my earlier assumption.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-04-12 at 15:05.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 15:35   Link #109
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well Amanda and Joseph are important characters and Gerd has to spar off with Joseph so...

Spoiler for ep.2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The power of hatred is strong.
I don't know if this was a response as a description for this series but it so totally fits this episode.

For the shear darkness of this episode, I loved it.

More Joseph finally....next week.

The OP is up and is interesting. I still like Macross F's 3rd ED the best.

Last edited by orion; 2008-04-12 at 15:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 15:48   Link #110
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That choir scene was probably meant to be sarcastic as no one "saved" Gerd but took advantage of him when he was useful to them.
I didn't say it was a bad idea in regards to the context. I perfectly understand why they decided to insert it - my mild gripe is that is sort of hurt my ears and I'd have preferred something graver, deeper-voiced than a female choir. And that's it.
Spoiler:
Well, if the first ep wasn't already enough of a hint...I mean, what kind of a girlfriend could she be - dumping her boyfriend when he needed her most? By the three-quarters mark of ep1, it was already established the racing team was a merry band of self-centered, profit-seeking bastards.

The harshest and most ironic thing, I guess, is that while Gerd kept harping on having to be rough in battle earlier on in ep1, he still remained the softest guy around the block in his own team...and we now know where it led him. If you don't call that a major suckerpunch on a fallen adversary, I don't know what it is. Tough luck, buddy.

As for common sense and all that? Hmmm...I sense...
Spoiler:

Also, it'd be interesting to see
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-12, 15:57   Link #111
thr

Quite hilarious! GONZO added a nice touch in episode 2, they have their research down:
Spoiler:
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:04   Link #112
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

GONZO is sometimes known for conducting thorough research for settings and whatnot - although it doesn't apply to every series they've belted out so far. For Sentou Yousei Yukikaze, to name one, they expressly went to a Japanese air base to observe the aircrafts (some of the crew members even had the chance to hitch a ride on a F15J, if you can believe it), watch the tower operators' daily life and whatnot. If they can go to that level of realism, then they can also do it for Blassreiter, too...although I don't know if they feel up to it. SYY was well-done, although the atmosphere was slightly different (it sometimes bordered on fantastic/psychologic)...yet the CG was actually good (the aircraft carrier chase and the final battle were quite well-executed, I must say).
Old 2008-04-12, 16:29   Link #113
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr View Post
Quite hilarious! GONZO added a nice touch in episode 2, they have their research down:
Spoiler:
That's sweet! Knut is a daddy now!
Old 2008-04-12, 17:25   Link #114
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

hmmmm not sure what i thought of this episode to be honest. Have to wait till i get back and can watch both together to make a decision. There were some deliciouse hints about whats to come though in this episode
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:39   Link #115
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's sweet! Knut is a daddy now!
Sorry if I sound dumb, but who's Knut?
Old 2008-04-12, 18:25   Link #116
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Sorry if I sound dumb, but who's Knut?

He's a polar bear.
Old 2008-04-12, 18:27   Link #117
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He's a polar bear.
AH yes! I remember reading about that. Thanks!
Old 2008-04-12, 22:52   Link #118
metronome
Mad Loli

well....feel bad for gerd, after all, hero is still a human.
there is a saying that being a hero sux:P

and I think gerd shud have just laid low, instead of quickly showing off something like that
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 01:17   Link #119
TrueKnight

2nd episode is decent and good. The drama is being set up nicely, but seems like its gonna take a while for the real plot to come in. Too bad because of the somewhat mediocre 1st ep seems like people already losing interest on the show. As for myself, I really like the settings and not to mention the Blassreiters designs eventhough as someone already said, a complete Guyver rip-off minus the 'crap' part.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 03:53   Link #120
Irkalla
I asked for this

I absolutely love this anime.
Definitely one of the best in this season and free on top of that

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi