AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-02-09, 10:17   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1004 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The war on Onigashima rages on! AP's still down as of this post, but credit still goes to Redon from other sources:

-Chapter title is "Kibi Dango". Splash features Chopper.

-The start of the chapter features the headliner Speed (aka that centaur lady). It turns out that it was HER ship that Tama used to sail to Onigashima! It turns out that Tama's plan is to indeed use her dangos to convert the island's enemy Gifters into allies! She has Speed, Gazelleman, and Daifugou (one of the Gifter wardens from Udon) hand out the dangos to the other SMILE users of Onigashima, claiming they're a special medicine that Queen made!

-We cut to Franky vs. Sasaki. They seem evenly matched, but eventually Sasaki's armored troops pin down the cyborg, leaving him open for Sasaki's counterattack! However, it's at that moment when Nami's group enters the scene, providing some much-needed distraction so Franky can free himself! Ulti and Page One appear as well, shouting that their forces have betrayed them. Ulti then tries to get the jump on Nami's group, but the navigator uses Thunder Lance Tempo on her, stopping her in her tracks! However, Nami knows she needs stronger thunder to take down her enemy for good. Usopp, on the other hand, shoots dangos at Sasaki's armored division, making them switch sides! Sasaki's confused as to why his troops betrayed him, but Franky uses this chance to strike back at his foe with a saber.....!!!

-We then shift to Sanji vs. Black Maria, the former of whom is ensnared in webs. The cook took out all of her male subordinates, but wouldn't touch the women, leaving him to get captured! Maria tells him to call for Robin, since Kaidou ordered for her to be taken alive. They intend to torture her to prevent her from escaping, and will keep her captive until she's no longer useful to the emperor! However, Sanji angrily tells Maria to not underestimate Robin.

-The Gifter Bao Huang (flying squirrel SMILE, remember,) uses her eye talisman ability to locate the Nine Scabbards! King, upon receiving the report, orders to have them killed! He can't do it himself since he's still busy fighting (presumably with Marco). Maria says she'll take care of it, since the Scabbards are on her floor. Bao Huang tells her to hurry, since there's a tenth person among the group who is helping the samurai. In fact, the mystery intruder is currently tending to Kinemon's wounds.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-02-18 at 11:23.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 11:11   Link #2
mickbis

10th person... my guess is either Hiyori or Hawkin
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 14:33   Link #3
Hoodspirit

Chapters with Tama in it have always been good, so I'm looking forward to it.
Maybe there'll be some trash talk between Ulti and Nami as well.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 18:00   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope the 10th person is Hawkins and not Kanjurou. But it's totally going to be Kanjurou.

Pay-pay isn't mentioned so I wonder who he's currently fighting.
Old 2021-02-10, 15:40   Link #5
Itsmepatrick

,Hiyori,Hitetsu,Hawkins,Kanjurou,Caribou or possibly the silhouette person on Marcos's ship.

Black Maria versus Robin incoming .Maybe she'll fight black Maria single-handedly,Brook will reduce Black Maria's female subordinates and possibly some Smile fruit users. Lastly, Sanji will finally arrive at the rooftop to confront either King or Queen to help Marco. That's the scenario I Imagine will happen when it comes to these guys .
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 02:51   Link #6
mickbis

More spoiler is out and I strongly believe that it Hiyori...
and she is probably a strong fighter too

edit: or like perhaps a big surprise is waiting... someone we didn't expect at all = =

Last edited by mickbis; 2021-02-11 at 05:54.
Old 2021-02-11, 06:51   Link #7
devilo96

lmao im thinking thats enel cuz the ear in the last panel...but hell there is no way enel join the fry..y
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 12:33   Link #8
marvelB

Summary updated! So yeah, upon first glance, the mystery person at the end definitely screams Hiyori to me. Could be someone else, though. Still, she'd make the most sense since she's been completely absent from Act 3 up 'til now. Plus, she could have easily reached Onigashima with Tama/Speed's help. Otherwise, the only other woman from the mainland that comes to my mind is Kinemon's wife, Tsuru. Remember, she's pretty well acquainted with Tama, so I can see her wanting to help, especially if it's to save her husband.

Speaking of Tama, it seems that Holdem wasn't among the Gifters she took with her. Guess that makes sense considering the trauma he put her through. Also, Nami saying she needs stronger thunder makes me wonder if she'll get Zeus back? Either that, or she finds her own way of producing stronger shocks? As for Sanji, I can't say I'm surprised he got caught, but I do find the prospect of a potential Robin vs. Black Maria interesting. I mean, how long has it been since Robin had a proper boss fight? Skypiea? C'mon Oda, give the lady some time in the limelight, will ya?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 18:51   Link #9
Rainbowman

I wonder what color Franky’s light saber will be?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 20:41   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Sorry for off-topic about One Piece. Just saw a special chapter about Ace's journey (Sabaody, Fishman Island, vs Jinbe, and vs Shirohige). I'm so grateful for Ace, Rayleigh, Jinbe, Shanks, and Whitebeard in Dr. Stone's version. Even Whitebeard's appearance was more intriguing than before.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 08:27   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tama is seriously too OP. It doesn't even seem like there's a time limit to her ability (or it's a long one) since Speed had been fed the dango quite some time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wonder what color Franky’s light saber will be?
It's actually just a normal sword
Old 2021-02-12, 08:47   Link #12
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

With all the attention on the mysterious 10th person (who logic says is Hiyori even though I have no idea how she could be there), what does everyone think of the theory that Robin is already inside Black Maria's room (the girl wearing the eye talisman)?
Old 2021-02-12, 08:58   Link #13
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
With all the attention on the mysterious 10th person (who logic says is Hiyori even though I have no idea how she could be there), what does everyone think of the theory that Robin is already inside Black Maria's room (the girl wearing the eye talisman)?
That would be one hell of a twist
and what Robin would do...
Old 2021-02-12, 19:46   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Hiyori could have quite simply gotten there with Tama. If the question is how she found them in the middle of a huge castle... no clue either.

As for Robin being there, she's certainly been missing for a while and that would explain it. I'm not sure why she'd go through the trouble of infiltrating Black Maria's entourage and let Sanji get beaten up instead of outright confronting her though.
Old 2021-02-12, 21:17   Link #15
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for Robin being there, she's certainly been missing for a while and that would explain it. I'm not sure why she'd go through the trouble of infiltrating Black Maria's entourage and let Sanji get beaten up instead of outright confronting her though.
Espionage doesn't work like that. You need to earn your enemy's trust first, just like how CP-9 does when they are working at Galley-La Company. They earn Iceburg trust, and later smash him to pieces despite Straw Hats foils his assassination.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 21:17   Link #16
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Hiyori could have quite simply gotten there with Tama. If the question is how she found them in the middle of a huge castle... no clue either.
Well, its more like: does Hiyori even know Tama? It'd already be sheer coincidence for them to run into each other; which seems highly unlikely unless Hiyori went to Kuri. I just can't see any other way for her to get there.

There is an off chance that its someone completely different.

Also, this is a bit of an aside but where's Caribou? He kinda disappeared after Act 2.
Old 2021-02-12, 22:59   Link #17
Theia_Loki

Fukurokuju (the earlobes guy) is still out there, with no indication as to where he is or what he's up to. It's got to be either Hiyori (who's said to be hiding out in the north of Wano, before the raid) or Robin (who was with Brook last time we saw her).

I don't blame the samurai for not trusting Daifugo or his claim of turning a new leaf, considering what he did to them as a vice-warden at Udon. Kind of hard to forget him deliberately firing shots of mummy virus at prisoners, but to be fair I'd sooner trust him than Caesar on a personal level.

Edit: Something I realized. Gazelleman was last seen with Holdem before he showed up again. I'm looking forward to seeing the poker-chip lion-belly guy again. I always liked him.

Last edited by Theia_Loki; 2021-02-12 at 23:03. Reason: edit
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 23:27   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Tama is seriously too OP. It doesn't even seem like there's a time limit to her ability (or it's a long one) since Speed had been fed the dango quite some time ago.

It's actually just a normal sword
Awkward. You really know how to bring disappointment. 😑
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 01:55   Link #19
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1004
Not a bad chapter. I will give Sanji this at least he has principles. There are many excuses but Sanji know matter how weak he looks or the type of pressure there is to break them he still stands by them. Finally Robin on page 14 is pretty cool. She would make an excellent cipher pole agent. She would be ranked with the highest like CP-0. She is that good and cold blooded.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 07:58   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Espionage doesn't work like that. You need to earn your enemy's trust first, just like how CP-9 does when they are working at Galley-La Company. They earn Iceburg trust, and later smash him to pieces despite Straw Hats foils his assassination.
This isn't the time for espionage. Spying on Black Maria in particular doesn't seem like it would bring much to the table. Other than catching her off-guard, I don't see the point.

Robin has already played the spy this arc too.