AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 16:35   Link #341
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Clovis is questionable and Euphemia was someone he had to do or else she would continue to have killed people. You seem to have somewhat of a dislike for Lelouch honestly. I understand it isn't right to make Lelouch out to be a paragon of virtue, but at least he acknowledges that his actions can never be truly justified.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:38   Link #342
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Clovis is questionable and Euphemia was someone he had to do or else she would continue to have killed people.
I was merely pointing them out as "tragic". To me they still fall under tragic because they had nothing to do with his past yet he still had to kill them so he places that on his shoulders.

Quote:
You seem to have somewhat of a dislike for Lelouch honestly. I understand it isn't right to make Lelouch out to be a paragon of virtue, but at least he acknowledges that his actions can never be truly justified.
Dude seriously I don't dislike Lelouch. I don't recall if you've seen me post during the Geass runs but I do support Lelouch.

I'm a man who believes that the ends justifies the means regardless of the costs. That puts Lelouch in my spotlight.

I just believe in fairness and in all fairness the facts about Suzaku should be straightened out.

Seriously I used to watch Geass with my roomate and he would always bash Lelouch and I would have to go in and support and provide explanations as to why Lelouch would do such a thing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:40   Link #343
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything. I haven't seen your past posts and I apologize for that.

I'd agree that some of the hate for Suzaku could be seen as unwarrented if you don't look at what Lelouch has done at all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-24, 17:12   Link #344
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So far he's killed two of his siblings who loved him and would've done anything for his family.
Still, they were killing a lot of innocent people, what would any of us have had him do?

Let someone else do it? Just let Clovis and geass!Euphie run wild, massacring the Japanese whenever they felt like it or always? Run away? That's the one thing that made Boku Suzaku so "wrong", he constantly ran away from reality. Lelouch may be a lot of things, but he's never one to turn away from reality.

but yep, he built the latest tragedy with his own decisions and mistakes. :\ At least he's made it through though.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:31   Link #345
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Still, they were killing a lot of innocent people, what would any of us have had him do?

Let someone else do it? Just let Clovis and geass!Euphie run wild, massacring the Japanese whenever they felt like it or always? Run away? That's the one thing that made Boku Suzaku so "wrong", he constantly ran away from reality. Lelouch may be a lot of things, but he's never one to turn away from reality.

but yep, he built the latest tragedy with his own decisions and mistakes. :\ At least he's made it through though.
Yeah that's what I meant.

Who else is going to do it? He's the one who has to pull the trigger and make those hard decisions which he'll have to carry on his shoulders for the rest of his life. That's what I meant by tragic cause it ain't pretty to be going on and about killing your brothers and sisters who did nothing to you but the circumstances required you to do it.

I wasn't critizing Lelouch, I was merely pointing/adding on the tragic stuff that he has to endure so I hope that makes sense.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:44   Link #346
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I agree with you on that. Lelouch so far has been making the kind of decisions that could break someone and has to deal with the sheer amount of guilt that comes with all this. Suzaku has that to a degree with his father, but was sort of fully aware of what he was doing. Suzaku killing his dad seemed like a sudden decision kind of thing from the looks of that one scene.

I still somewhat wonder how Lelouch will handle all this in the end if he lives. I'd think he would have nightmares for a long time.

Old 2008-03-24, 23:04   Link #347
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I agree with you on that. Lelouch so far has been making the kind of decisions that could break someone and has to deal with the sheer amount of guilt that comes with all this. Suzaku has that to a degree with his father, but was sort of fully aware of what he was doing. Suzaku killing his dad seemed like a sudden decision kind of thing from the looks of that one scene.

I still somewhat wonder how Lelouch will handle all this in the end if he lives. I'd think he would have nightmares for a long time.
he disappears, just like he's always been planning. :\
Old 2008-03-24, 23:07   Link #348
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

You mean disappear from the public eye or disappear from everyone like through death or something?

Old 2008-03-24, 23:12   Link #349
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
You mean disappear from the public eye or disappear from everyone like through death or something?
I don't think Lelouch would ever kill himself. Dying isn't going to be any kind of repentance to the people he made suffer compared to what he can to do repent while he's still alive.

But yeah, he was looking for a knight for Nunnally, he picked up people like Toudou to lead the Order, Lelouch has certainly been planning to just disappear from everyone and everything in his life one day. Who knows how much that will change over the course of season 2, but I'd assume that is the basic idea regardless.

Maybe he can go off and build a beautiful white house in Australia? Or use one that just happens to be empty?
Old 2008-03-24, 23:18   Link #350
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
there is no other kind of ideals than your own in this show.

okay, lets just call it Suzaku's real ideals.
Be a dog that obeys orders, serve Britannia and destroy its enemies while helping them oppress others including your own people and be on the look out to kill Zero?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 23:24   Link #351
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Be a dog that obeys orders, serve Britannia and destroy its enemies while helping them oppress others including your own people and be on the look out to kill Zero?
He's just protecting the type of people he cares about against Lelouch's chaos. If people like Euphie have to die for rebellion, then screw rebellion.

So yeah, uphold the order of the world as it is now, kill Lelouch and anyone else who tries to change that.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:29   Link #352
KrimzonStriker

Protect who, Gino? Anya? They can protect themselves much better then he can!
Old 2008-03-24, 23:35   Link #353
SkoolRumble4Ya

Suzuku is probably the most hated anime character for me. He's a complete dumbass, how can u change the empire within it doesn't make sense. I know he's trying to do the right thing but still it's like a group of robbers taking control of ur properties do u join the robbers to try to change them no u blast them with the 45 to gain control of your place again.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 23:41   Link #354
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Protect who, Gino? Anya? They can protect themselves much better then he can!
sure, why not? Protect them, protect the (now princess) Nunnally, protect the student council. (unlike Lelouch, he saw Tamaki threaten to kill them in 24/25, so Suzaku has his own view of things concerning the Order)

Not saying that he is or isn't protecting them in actuality, but those are his intentions. No different from Lelouch.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:46   Link #355
KrimzonStriker

He's is Egypt right now, and he lives in the Britannian homeland. Plus, he didn't seem to raise any objection with fooling them with Lelouch. Only thing on his mind after Zero's return was killing him so.... we'll see how far his affection for the Council goes. >_>
Old 2008-03-24, 23:50   Link #356
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I don't think Lelouch would ever kill himself. Dying isn't going to be any kind of repentance to the people he made suffer compared to what he can to do repent while he's still alive.

But yeah, he was looking for a knight for Nunnally, he picked up people like Toudou to lead the Order, Lelouch has certainly been planning to just disappear from everyone and everything in his life one day. Who knows how much that will change over the course of season 2, but I'd assume that is the basic idea regardless.

Maybe he can go off and build a beautiful white house in Australia? Or use one that just happens to be empty?
I don't think he would either. The image doesn't come to mind when I think of Lelouch. The only way I see Lelouch dying is if he dies fighting or sacrifices himself.

I find that quite a sad ending for him since that would pretty much make him all alone in the end even though I guess he may see that as the price he pays for what he has done and maybe thinks he deserves worse.

That would be something to see. Maybe Mao will tell him where it is ever if he ever appears in the World of C.

Old 2008-03-24, 23:51   Link #357
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
He's is Egypt right now, and he lives in the Britannian homeland. Plus, he didn't seem to raise any objection with fooling them with Lelouch. Only thing on his mind after Zero's return was killing him so.... we'll see how far his affection for the Council goes. >_>
No no no, it's not the same as actual affection. Think of it like Lelouch's relation with the Japanese. It's all indirect.

Suzaku thinks the world order he's upholding is protecting people like that from ending up like Euphie, he's not actually protecting them individually though. (like I said, I'm not actually saying he is or isn't protecting them, but he thinks what he's doing is) But, you bring up something Lelouch may have over Suzaku still: Lelouch has specific people he wants to protect, and we don't know if Suzaku now has anyone like that.

Quote:
I find that quite a sad ending for him since that would pretty much make him all alone in the end even though I guess he may see that as the price he pays for what he has done and maybe thinks he deserves worse.
Not if he goes off with his love. Well, more like his love forces him to take her with him. :3

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-03-25 at 00:05.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:55   Link #358
Aquaman OS

Suzaku seemed to really want to protect the council in ep 25, not because of his wannabe heroness (which is mostly gone I think, wasn't it mentioned that he doesn't care about saving random strangers now) but because he geniunely liked them. So he is willing to protect his pals and really means it. He just doesn't care to be the "hero" anymore.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 00:01   Link #359
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Not if he goes off with his love. Well, more like his love forces him to take her with him. :3
Well, it might depend on who the love interest is. If it's Kallen then I could see her doing that. In fact that image seems very likely for some reason. With C.C., she'd either force him to bring her or it would be something Lelouch wouldn't question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Suzaku seemed to really want to protect the council in ep 25, not because of his wannabe heroness (which is mostly gone I think, wasn't it mentioned that he doesn't care about saving random strangers now) but because he geniunely liked them. So he is willing to protect his pals and really means it. He just doesn't care to be the "hero" anymore.
He was sort of going between Ore and Boku Suzaku in the finale. I do think he cares about them though.

Old 2008-03-25, 00:04   Link #360
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Well, it might depend on who the love interest is. If it's Kallen then I could see her doing that. In fact that image seems very likely for some reason. With C.C., she'd either force him to bring her or it would be something Lelouch wouldn't question.
It won't matter who it is. Lelouch is a pushover, they can do the scene with anyone.

Still, you're right that C.C. and Kallen would make such a scene work the best. Well, just a hypothetical I suppose.

Tags
characters, favorite