AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-01-27, 12:54   Link #221
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz View Post
Right. The file I was trying to play wasn't 720p, but the screen resolution was something along the lines of 850x450(something like that, I'm posting this from a different comp so I don't have the file to double check. I was able to play mkv files with 700x400 res no problem.
Your CPU may even be borderline for that. Try playing after you only have CCCP. If it still lags, you could disable deblocking in CoreAVC (skip always) options. At that point you may as well get a lower res or xvid version, as deblocking probably leads you down blockfest avenue.

Quote:
Well, there is a new computer I am looking at right now. It comes with an Intel Pentium Dual-Core
Is it a Pentium D? Or something else?
Quote:
, 2.2GHz and 800MHz
That doesn't make any sense. The cores are always the same frequency. Check that offer again.

Anyway, a Pentium D at 2.2GHz with CoreAVC should be able to play 720p anime at least. No promises though.
Old 2009-01-27, 14:00   Link #222
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Is it a Pentium D? Or something else?

That doesn't make any sense. The cores are always the same frequency. Check that offer again.

Anyway, a Pentium D at 2.2GHz with CoreAVC should be able to play 720p anime at least. No promises though.
Directly from the site, maybe this helps more

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E2220
Featuring an 800MHz frontside bus, 1MB shared L2 cache and 2.2GHz processor speed.
Old 2009-01-27, 14:35   Link #223
emptyeighty

Quote:
Directly from the site, maybe this helps more

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E2220
Featuring an 800MHz frontside bus, 1MB shared L2 cache and 2.2GHz processor speed.
Processor speed there is 2.2GHz. That should be enough for 720p, seeing as that is based on the Core architecture.
Old 2009-01-27, 17:49   Link #224
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
Your CPU may even be borderline for that. Try playing after you only have CCCP. If it still lags, you could disable deblocking in CoreAVC (skip always) options. At that point you may as well get a lower res or xvid version, as deblocking probably leads you down blockfest avenue.
Ok, I reinstalled the CCCP back and ran a test log
Spoiler:

Normally I always download XVID or MP4 since those are no problem. On the other hand, more and more groups are releasing in MKV only. If the file is 704x400 or in that area then its no problem. It's these slightly larger files I've had the issues with and was trying to see if changing some of the setting around would have helped out.
Old 2009-01-27, 17:58   Link #225
emptyeighty

Quote:
Normally I always download XVID or MP4 since those are no problem. On the other hand, more and more groups are releasing in MKV only. If the file is 704x400 or in that area then its no problem. It's these slightly larger files I've had the issues with and was trying to see if changing some of the setting around would have helped out.
CPU load doesn't have anything to do with the container (AVI, MP4, MKV), but with the resolution and codec used. Especially HD resolutions (1280x720 == 720p and higher) and high level/profile H.264 need lots of CPU.

Your log is fine now, nothing to optimize further. Your only hope is turning off deblocking or that new computer.
Old 2009-01-27, 18:08   Link #226
martino
makes no files now

Could also try mplayer+CoreAVC. Maybe it's VSFilter's slower rendering that is the hog.
Old 2010-06-01, 08:12   Link #227
odezi2001

Hi all,
I am a new member and I need some advice on mvk.
I want to mux an mp3 file and 264 file into an mkv file format and I also need to add time stamp to synchronize the files, please can anyone tell me how to add the time stamp (synchronization information)?
Thanks
Old 2010-06-01, 08:42   Link #228
sneaker

In mkvmerge GUI you can add the timecodes under the track options tab of the selected h264 track.
Old 2011-03-23, 05:04   Link #229
Friday
Im shy too...

how do I get "MT" on my CCCP to work?

Tags
matroska, mkv, wiki candidate