AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 00:19   Link #121
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Well the crap's hit the fan. Somethings didn't turn out quite as most of us expected I'm sure. Other things, like the end, did turn out as we expected.

Curious to see everyone else's take on things.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 08:27   Link #122
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

10mins of crap at the beginning 10 mins of crap at the end.

anyone else WANTED to feel sorry for her but instead wanted her to get biten? "Thats for wasting 20 mins of dumb"

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2010-11-22, 09:50   Link #123
james0246

^Way to divorce the actual drama from the episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Well the crap's hit the fan. Somethings didn't turn out quite as most of us expected I'm sure. Other things, like the end, did turn out as we expected.
Spoiler for slight spoilers for the recent episode...:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 11:29   Link #124
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What I ment was they didn't need to show her "getting ready to cry" scene for 5mins the finaly cry. Annoying attempt to shove in a few mins... it seriously killed the momment for me.
Old 2010-11-22, 11:59   Link #125
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What I ment was they didn't need to show her "getting ready to cry" scene for 5mins the finaly cry. Annoying attempt to shove in a few mins... it seriously killed the momment for me.
Fair enough. The scene read as "realistic" to me, so I didn't mind the slightly heavy-handed emotion.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:23   Link #126
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Excellent episode. Had no problem with the acting or pacing... But I can't help but dislike Lori. Might be because I hated her character in the comic and the actor is too good at making faces that transfers too well lol

Spoiler for Last part:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 16:26   Link #127
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

That last scene was tense. I was on the edge of my seat wondering who was going be bitten/killed next. I saw Glenn by himself and I literally screamed at the screen, get with the group dammit! I don't want my favorite character dying.

All around a great episode, probably my favorite of the show so far. I especially liked the surprise of the whole "gang" segment. It was good to know that there were some other good minded people out there, apart from many of the dicks that seemed to have survived the apocalypse. I had a small smile during the end of the episode seeing the wife beater get attacked. A bit cold-hearted of me perhaps, but he deserved it in my eyes.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 21:12   Link #128
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

im gonna be pissed if his Wife causes him and his friend to be enemies -_- women + zombies = bad when theirs relationships.
Old 2010-11-22, 22:03   Link #129
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Way to divorce the actual drama from the episode...

Spoiler for slight spoilers for the recent episode...:
Yes you are assuming correctly. I had two friends over for pizza watching the episode with me, and none of us saw that coming. Great, great curveball.

I agree that Daryl is growing on me as a character. Would hate to see him end up choosing his brother over the entire group. He's got potential to help keep their group alive.

Oh and thanks to the scene of the sisters fishing, I so saw the younger one dying.

I have this gut feeling that Rick's wife is going to end up getting bit in the future.
Old 2010-11-22, 23:03   Link #130
Lost Cause

Curveball?! More like a knuckleball!! I was so certain that Rick was going too turn Gs head into a canoe with that shotgun, that I was literally falling of the edge of the sofa!! In all it was an excellent episode, it showed that even in an apocalypse that human compassion still works!
(Off Topic): I won't be on here for the next few days, I have to start prepareing my Thanksgiving Day feast so I'll be quite busy. Yak at you guys later

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 08:35   Link #131
Rurik
Golden

I will have to jump in to the thread as well, I have been reading TWD since the 3rd trade was release, and got hooked on it, I hope AMC folks maintain the level of the series, as from here the series only gets better.
Old 2010-11-23, 11:46   Link #132
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I will have to jump in to the thread as well, I have been reading TWD since the 3rd trade was release, and got hooked on it, I hope AMC folks maintain the level of the series, as from here the series only gets better.
I like the sound of this. I'm looking forward to seeing where the series takes us from here on out.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:10   Link #133
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched ep 4 .

Ok , we got Amy and his mom "development" but too bad Amy is already out....

And , Grandma saved the day

Fortunately Daryl isn't like his fuc.... bro ! He still have some humanity..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:08   Link #134
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Merle was quite unhinged and seemed under the effect of stups at the time. In contrast Daryl has shown to have a lot of street smarts (funny expression for a country hick!) and kept level-headed past the initial bursts of anger despite coming from the same background.

Anyway, episode 4 was great. Wasn't expecting the walkers' attack this soon. Another great blend of suspense, plot twist and zombie-blowing action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Excellent episode. Had no problem with the acting or pacing... But I can't help but dislike Lori. Might be because I hated her character in the comic and the actor is too good at making faces that transfers too well lol
I know what you meant. it's that incriminating stare of hers ^^ I'd be quite irritated if someone looked at me like that.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 00:09   Link #135
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ep 4 was crazy. i watched all 4 eps over thanksgiving break. i missed tonight's, but i'll get back to it later. Yeah, i like Daryl a lot. also Glenn. he's like Short Round from Indiana Jones, but grown up.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 01:31   Link #136
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I liked ep 5 pretty awesome, cant wait until next episode and next season.
Old 2010-11-29, 02:08   Link #137
james0246

Another solid episode...though I've noticed that the odd number episodes (beside episode 1) tend to drag more since they act as transitional chapters. Still damn good episode, and if nothing else it gives us some idea of a timeline (Rick's coma lasted anywhere from a month and a half to two plus months).
Old 2010-11-29, 06:14   Link #138
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

The series as a whole is pretty solid, except like what james mentioned about some episodes being pretty slow developmentally.

Can't wait to see what goes down in the next ep.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:39   Link #139
Lost Cause

Ep.5 was just gold! For me it sort of set the pace for the upcoming season and next episode. I just wander what will happen if the truth about Ricks wife and his buddy the deputy ever comes out. I mean the deputy had the drop on him and almost pulled the trigger!
Also anybody wanna bet that the CDC guy turns into a Doctor Frankenstein? I can't wait for next weeks episode!
James, during the hiatus are we allowed to speculate about how are what may happen next season?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 02:34   Link #140
james0246

First of all, the 5th episode did amazing in the ratings, with the highest ratings in the series thus far (with 2.8 million 18-49, and 5.6 million total). Presumably the Entertainment Weekly Cover/Center Story is what pushed the series to new heights. Here's hoping next week's episode will do even better (giving the studio more incentive to spend on the next season ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Also anybody wanna bet that the CDC guy turns into a Doctor Frankenstein?
I have to say, the shots outside the CDC are wonderfully nightmarish. 100s of corpses lying out, either Zombies or trully dead, was very disturbing, and quite frightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post

James, during the hiatus are we allowed to speculate about how are what may happen next season?
Yeah, speculation is fine, and I am sure we will get more details in the months ahead, plus a nice DVD/Blu-Ray sometime next summer. So, there is still plenty to discuss.

But, I urge the graphic novel readers to not spoil the fun for the television viewers. It's more than fine to compare and contrast the Atlanta Arc from the comics to the screen, but do not go beyond the Atlanta Arc without using appropriately labeled Spoilers Tags (In fact, try not to spoil the series at all).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-30 at 02:58.

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies