AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2011-08-21, 17:51   Link #21
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Among the many sequels I've seen, I can only cite two examples, the first being the second season of Aria. Aria the Animation (the first season) had 13 episodes, while Aria the Natural had 26. The second example is the third season of Nanoha, which had 26 episodes as well, the two first seasons had 13 each.

This shows that there is a precedent, but that is is extremely rare from what I've experienced through the years. Sequels tend to either have the same amount of episodes as the original, or fewer. Very rarely does the number rise; but, as Aria and Nanoha shows, it's not completely impossible.
Well at least there's precedent I guess, hopefully this will be one of those rare cases.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 19:12   Link #22
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I feel that this will be as dissapointing as ZnT III. I read the Light Novels and they skipped so many material that it was painfull to think in the next season. Now if they are gonna do the remaining volumes on only 13 episodes, when I think that it should be two seasons instead of one, it will be a failure. My hopes are that they get serious on this and get 26 episodes.
Old 2011-08-21, 19:45   Link #23
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Among the many sequels I've seen, I can only cite two examples, the first being the second season of Aria. Aria the Animation (the first season) had 13 episodes, while Aria the Natural had 26. The second example is the third season of Nanoha, which had 26 episodes as well, the two first seasons had 13 each.

This shows that there is a precedent, but that is is extremely rare from what I've experienced through the years. Sequels tend to either have the same amount of episodes as the original, or fewer. Very rarely does the number rise; but, as Aria and Nanoha shows, it's not completely impossible.
Not really a sequel, but the Kanon remake was increased to 24 episodes up from the 13 of the original series.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 22:41   Link #24
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Not really a sequel, but the Kanon remake was increased to 24 episodes up from the 13 of the original series.
Thought of that, and I don't think it qualifies, even in a broad sense, since they were completely unrelated except being based on the same source material.

Either way, from what people are saying, it sounds like it'll either be a proper 24-26 episode series, or an anime original and/or complete butchering 12-13 episode series. Being completely unfamiliar with the source material, I wouldn't really mind much if they diverged from it, but obviously I want the series to be as good as it could possibly be, and that would probably be easier to achieve following the novels.
Old 2011-08-22, 04:35   Link #25
AP24

But JC Staff had never produced a series that its first season was a one-cour and one of its sequels was a two-cour. Zero no Tsukaima will be the first if the final season will be a two-cour.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 20:23   Link #26
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
But JC Staff had never produced a series that its first season was a one-cour and one of its sequels was a two-cour. Zero no Tsukaima will be the first if the final season will be a two-cour.
I don't think that makes the situation any different than what we've already established, which is that two-cour sequels to single-cour series are rare occurrences. Since it's that uncommon to begin with, the fact that it would be the studio's first seems insignificant in comparison.

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing Horie Yui as Siesta again. That was the first role I heard her in, and I've been a huge appreciator of her work ever since.
Old 2011-08-23, 22:05   Link #27
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

An important question, will series four debut this upcoming season or until 2012?

And adding to the comments, I think it will run for one cour, though I'm ignorant if it's going to be 12 or 13 episodes.

I think it should be 13 episodes, because summing the total episodes count from three past seasons and including this one it would add a total of 50 episodes.

Season 1: 13 episodes.
Futatsu no Kishi: 12 episodes.
Princess no Rondo: 12 episodes.

Right now the total episode count has stayed up to 37 episodes, since the last three years.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 01:06   Link #28
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

13 episodes would ruin it. There are 10 volumes left, there is no way to do that in one cour without completly butchering it.
Old 2011-08-24, 09:12   Link #29
tsunade666

I wish for 2 cour. 1 cour would surely kill the story and if they do the war arc then ended it with anime original then it's the biggest bad ending ever!!! made.
Old 2011-08-25, 22:24   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
13 episodes would ruin it. There are 10 volumes left, there is no way to do that in one cour without completly butchering it.
I do not mind if it's more than 13 episodes. Would 24 episodes be enough?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 05:42   Link #31
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I do not mind if it's more than 13 episodes. Would 24 episodes be enough?
I'ts not optimal but it'll do, and it's not like we can get more than two cours for this unfortunately (The best case scenario would be a 52+ episode remake of the whole series but that's not happening ).
Old 2011-08-26, 05:45   Link #32
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hmm unless will this be season where finally sett louise & etc this time get to travel to saito's world aka japan.

really if last this might be going to happen.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:45   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

In order to not destroy the novel contents the best thing the studio can do is make a 2C season of 25 episodes, and "resume" the fanservice scenes and pointless parts like the gag of Louise being insecure again.

From the looks of the shedule:
- 2011 Fall, Shana III Final.
- 2012 Fall, ZnT IV Final.

So can we wait for that "certain series" to be animated the... 2013 Fall?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 11:03   Link #34
tsunade666

I wonder if they would animate the adventure to the elven lands because by the picture I saw for ZnT. I just got the feeling that they will only animate the war with Joseph and do a crappy anime original ending <.< you know we are talking about J.C staff.
Old 2011-08-26, 17:38   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In order to not destroy the novel contents the best thing the studio can do is make a 2C season of 25 episodes, and "resume" the fanservice scenes and pointless parts like the gag of Louise being insecure again.

From the looks of the shedule:
- 2011 Fall, Shana III Final.
- 2012 Fall, ZnT IV Final.

So can we wait for that "certain series" to be animated the... 2013 Fall?
Erm no, we don't have any official word of when ZnT would air... But if they're doing it after the rerun of the previous seasons, it would put it in the Summer.... Like all the previous three seasons.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 20:19   Link #36
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm no, we don't have any official word of when ZnT would air... But if they're doing it after the rerun of the previous seasons, it would put it in the Summer.... Like all the previous three seasons.
And unfortunately most summer series are one cour only, since two cours usually run either fall-winter or spring-summer

Oh well at least the author is involved this time so there's still hope.
Old 2011-08-26, 23:36   Link #37
tsunade666

^ if it's going to be one cour then their my hunch of getting it ended after the battle with joseph is getting higher chance than before.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:08   Link #38
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ if it's going to be one cour then their my hunch of getting it ended after the battle with joseph is getting higher chance than before.
If it's gonna end at that point, they would have produced the final season a long time ago. The anime will end at the light novel's end, which is why the final season will air after the light novel ends.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 08:52   Link #39
tsunade666

but it has a high chance of 1 cour if it airs by that time. Do you think 10 volume would be fitted at 12-13 episode <.< a 2 coure with 24-26 episode is already in a tight position to even adapt that length.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:55   Link #40
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Since the re-run is only some selected episodes summer season isn't more likely than any other time.