AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 18:22   Link #6041
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Lulz, i dunno why u guys are so upset about it, this seemed like an awesome chapter, very close to reality.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 18:28   Link #6042
Xacual

The sad part is that after last chapter I knew this would happen. Keima can't get Chihiro involved since she's just a normal human and he's been constantly feeling guilty over what happened to Kanon so I don't see what he did as that bad. Maybe if the whole Goddess thing hadn't been happening and she had confessed, things would have worked out differently, hell they might still work out down the road but right now the Goddesses have priority for Keima and that's as it should be.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 18:29   Link #6043
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh damn..... why should you said that!!!! poor choice of words..... (my prediction is missed... xD)

yeah! this is an awesome chapter but completely make me angry.... lol
capture two girls hearts and then broke them at the same time
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 18:46   Link #6044
mtarzaim

WOW.

As commented on another forum by someone else: This. Takes. Balls.

To force himself to reject the only girl (except Tenri) who loved him for what he is and not what he pretends, to crush her heart the worst possible way after such sweet words he could only hear in games, to accept being hated to life so she could be safe and away from trouble...

This. Takes. Balls.

You can totally see how Keima is pushing himself doing that to her.
To someone like him who put romance, ideal and honesty so high, he trampled them like nothing for the sake of others. It really shows how determined and selfless he is to get the good ending (ie save the girls).

I expect a major mental breakdown for Keima in the upcoming chapters. Probably when Hakua gets back. Kami will eventually let all that stress get out somehow, in long and silent manly tears...
Even God needs a shoulder to support him.

Last edited by mtarzaim; 2011-11-15 at 18:48. Reason: Spelling. OF COURSE!
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 18:59   Link #6045
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Well he kinda took his words litterly when he actually became a devil/demon of conquering instead of a god after what he did in this chapter.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 19:14   Link #6046
Elestia

Interestingly enough, Keima was planning to switch routes from Chihiro to Ayumi, but his nagging curiosity of Chihiro's development got the better of him. Instead of planning the next step for the Goddes Conquest, Keima instead asked when did Chihiro fall in love with him. The answer.... was an irregularity. Keima's response and his motivation for saying such cruel things is bit of an enigma to me. Personally, it seems like he is logically taking the most safest route to protect Chihiro from the threat of Vintage, but it is ambiguous to me at this moment. It could also be motivated by his animosity towards an unpredicted love developing, but I am not quite sure.

The greatest shame in that decision is that it is the most cruelest form of heartbreak of a naive and honest girl, poor Chihiro. It's too bad he was overheard by Ayumi, which will negatively affect their relationship. I'm sure Kami will manage somehow, but at what cost? Kami's taking all the hate and stress of all the girls in order to accomplish his goals, but in turn he's probably gonna break under the pressure sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Excellent~ We need tears, more heartbreaking tears!
Here you go, you monster!

Edit: For moar (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

Last edited by Elestia; 2011-11-15 at 19:28.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 19:39   Link #6047
Crackabad

omg omg omg
Sh!t is seriously about to go down.....
and I'm sooooo excited
Old 2011-11-15, 19:59   Link #6048
Grey

Fffff--- Wow, Keima, just wow. Breaking it off to keep Chihiro out of danger? And to make sure he can pull off the Goddess Plan and stop the Old Demons? Harsh but effective. If that's what he's planning then it's just like him.

So Chihiro's the normal girl who honestly liked him. Wahaha. Just as expected. I root for a lot of the girls. But now I definitely root for Chihiro too.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 21:10   Link #6049
oncelot

Hmm, it's hard to tell if this is deliberately for keima to avoid putting Chihiro in danger from the various unearthly beings or if it was the only way he could think of to get out of the capture.

Did anyone notice that on page 14 Chihiro seems to have a choker?
Spoiler:
oncelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 21:44   Link #6050
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncelot View Post
Hmm, it's hard to tell if this is deliberately for keima to avoid putting Chihiro in danger from the various unearthly beings or if it was the only way he could think of to get out of the capture.

Spoiler:
Woah, what is that. Maybe the author got so used to drawing the chokers on his characters that he drew it out of habit? Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be something like she being a buddy as well

Anyhow, what an enraging chapter. I wanted to fill up my posts with capitals F and U, but managed to stop myself at the last minute. I know Keima is trying to 'save the world' but I still don't like this method. Couldn't there have been a better method? Since Keima had that talk with Ayumi earlier, about how he wants to get along with Chihiro, perhaps Ayumi can help fix things up. In the next chapter, Ayumi might jump out with a flying kick, shouting "Why are you lying to Chihiro, Keima?!!"

Poor Chihiro ;_;
Old 2011-11-15, 21:45   Link #6051
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I guess Keima really meant when he said he was prepared to become Oni than Kami this time.
Old 2011-11-15, 21:46   Link #6052
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Both girls don't have a knife on them right?

...I see the only way out of this is a 3 (most likely more ) ways
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 21:47   Link #6053
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncelot View Post
It's a production mistake. A few pages later, when Keima tells Chihiro off, there's no choker on her neck.
Old 2011-11-15, 22:26   Link #6054
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Would Keima break through the situation and gain points along the process, if Ayumi see him(as he walked pass her) blushed or teary in his eyes (indicating that he faked the reject)? Then Ayumi will be curious on why he did such acts, and take care of Chihiro for him, while allow him to get closer to AYumi on personal level.

That would be.. geni.... actually still not cool Keima. Even so it will be the case of "I simply tricked a real girl" all over again. But then maybe it's wrong for us human to judge on a God, after all *insert that Batman speak*:
Quote:
Because he's the guy that all girls deserves, but not the guy everyone needs right now. So, he'll forcefully isolate himself from all their affection, because he can take it. Because he's not our harem hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. The Capturing God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's a production mistake. A few pages later, when Keima tells Chihiro off, there's no choker on her neck.
Or....

This whole Goddess and Demon and Elsie were all in Keima's head all along. That's why no girls remember the conquest because it didn't happen. After going so far to kidnap the idol Kanon and restraint in his room, and feel guilty of becoming demon (not because he try to tap 5 girls, but because of the kidnap), the shock of getting real girl to genuinely interest in him was too much, that he starts to see Chihiro wearing the collar, hence becomes part of his paranoid fantasy...
Old 2011-11-15, 22:53   Link #6055
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

This chapter brought up many points. Firstly, Keima's reaction to Chihiro's confessions seemed like simply an overreaction, because what Chihiro said was a threat to his lifestyle, to his ideal world where real girls leave him alone and he can be the god of his game world. Therefore he did not know how to handle the confession. It seems like an overreaction resulting in poor choice of words because he can chose to let her down gently and still keep her away from vintage, there was no reason to go and become a jerk.

Despite that I get the feeling that what he said was all according to plan, because Keima was facing away and might have seen Ayumi so his choice of words were all part of switching the route, and fulfilling the task he is set, Keima has his priorities straight he is here to save Goddesses and can't be distracted now. This is speculation but I think we should give Keima the benefit of the doubt considering his track record.

The chapter had me thinking about possible endings again:

1)Reset Ending still having the most probable outcome

2)Status quo being the second most probable so the girls will still like him but he will go living his life the way he wants with different girls fighting for his affection

3)True Love route which I previously thought impossible became possible in this chapter as Chihiro's confessions had me thinking about how many people Truly loved Keima including his terrible habits. Elsie, Hakua, Chihiro, Ayumi (I can dream)....

4)Imouto sister route best route ever XD
Old 2011-11-16, 00:10   Link #6056
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm not too sure. that collar and bow block a lot of her neck
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 00:22   Link #6057
Divini
Senpai!

Big title drop on last page = shit is about to go down.

I always look forward to this every week, but waiting for this next one is gonna be torture.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 01:25   Link #6058
AdventSleeper

Can't wait for next chapter.. Was this all planned by the God or is it one of his greatest mistakes/
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 02:34   Link #6059
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Keima how could you?
Old 2011-11-16, 02:36   Link #6060
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Damn that was harsh...and it was his first real confession too!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen