AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 09
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 113 61.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 44 23.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 13 7.03%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 3.78%
6 out of 10 : Average... 4 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.54%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 1.08%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-05, 09:06   Link #581
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
BTW, when will ep 10 air (in japan, that is)? I just can't wait to see the duel.
My PS3 is set to record it at 01:30 JST on Saturdays. Forgot which channel, though I think it might run on two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
Portable kit? Runs to the store and comes back to the hideout? Also, maybe the swords just need oiling and polishing, right? RIGHT?
Exactly what kind of swords are we really discussing here?
Old 2012-09-05, 09:17   Link #582
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
My PS3 is set to record it at 01:30 JST on Saturdays. Forgot which channel, though I think it might run on two.
Well, i should have guessed it. I'm just too impatient...

Quote:
Exactly what kind of swords are we really discussing here?
The ones used in the game, of course.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:11   Link #583
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Why did Asuna have tears in her eyes when she ran into the room... all just because her boss wants a happy friendly duel with Kirito (which I'm pretty sure is not meant to kill anyone)?

Seriously, was Asuna this mentally weak before?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:25   Link #584
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Why did Asuna have tears in her eyes when she ran into the room... all just because her boss wants a happy friendly duel with Kirito (which I'm pretty sure is not meant to kill anyone)?

Maybe she didn't knew at that moment what Heathcliff had in mind? She could have wondered if they were going to imprison him, hang him, declare a duel to the death. Or maybe she was frustrated. I mean, she almost lost the hero, now what?

Or she was afraid "daddy" didn't approve of her relationship with that "punk" (frankly, the tone of the dialog really seems as if Heatcliff was Asuna's dad a he wanted to know who that punk was that wanted to get her "precious little girl")

(of course, probably it was my immagination.)
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:27   Link #585
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post

It could be because she was worried about Kirito?

[mod edit: removed reference to next week's episode]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-05 at 14:51. Reason: do not discuss previews in this thread
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:57   Link #586
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Maybe it's because she is worrited about Kirito.
But it could also be because she is frustrated, I mean...she wants to be with Kirito, yet people keep coming to interrupt her time with him? She also knows Kirito doesn't like to be in guilds, and if he did this duel for her, if he lost, he would be forced to join them. She certainly doesn't want him to be forced to join the guild.
And damn, I have my hopes up for this episode. I think it'll be the best one in this season. Either this or the fight vs the Final Boss.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-05 at 14:51. Reason: edited quote
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:14   Link #587
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Yeah. She's worried for him. That guy doesn't seem to be one for playing around after all, so he obviously plotting something. and as we all finds out, he wanted him to join KoB, which will further cemented their superiority as a clearing guild.

Well played sir.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-05 at 21:14. Reason: edited quote
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 14:48   Link #588
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Yeah. She's worried for him. That guy doesn't seem to be one for playing around after all, so he obviously plotting something. and as we all finds out, he wanted him to join KoB, which will further cemented their superiority as a clearing guild.
I'd say that he wants Kirito to show his skill to as many people as possible.

He would never be a guild leader at this level if he didn't consider the likely possibility that he'd lose. Kirito is way too valuable, in or outside of the guild... This doesn't seem at all like an actually issue of maintaining the guild, rather it is about clearing the game.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:51   Link #589
Karakuri

Quote:
I'd say that he wants Kirito to show his skill to as many people as possible.

He would never be a guild leader at this level if he didn't consider the likely possibility that he'd lose. Kirito is way too valuable, in or outside of the guild... This doesn't seem at all like an actually issue of maintaining the guild, rather it is about clearing the game.
Right, this way people would be more confident in clearing the game, rumors aren't as good as watching the real thing. Knowing they have such a powerful person would certainly make them more focused, confident and would save them less stress.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:52   Link #590
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone to not discuss future episode website previews in episode threads. Please go to the speculation thread for that.

And also, as for why Asuna was on the verge of tears, my vote is that she's just frustrated that something that should be easy (taking a break from the guild; she desperately wants a break) has turned into this big to-do because now Kirito is so la-di-dah special. She probably just wishes this whole thing would go away so that she could do as she had planned, but she's trying to not make a scene in the guild or disobey the leader (bad for guild morale, threatens her authority/position, and she doesn't want to quit outright either).
Old 2012-09-05, 15:19   Link #591
Kawashi
Nagareboshi

Asuna is still a hot moe babe in love. Don't question her.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:02   Link #592
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkguard View Post
(For now, though, I really can't wait to see what happens for the duel... looks like anything might occur at this point)
Duel? Which Duel? We've just seen how ludicrously overpowered Super-Kirito is. Using his super-skills and super-swords, he easily defetated a fierce boss that 12 men couldn't defeat before, and not even the front-liners Asuna and Klein could do any noteworthy damage. No problem for Super-Kirito though, who easily cut down the boss all by himself.

As even the guild leader will only have a small percentage of the boss' HP (certainly they won't have four health bars), there won't be a real fight, and Super-Kirito will stomp him into the ground with ease. That's the problem when you make characters ludicrously overpowered, any fights will be really boring since you already know that he'll win easily.

That is, of course, if you would assume that the game would be any consequent and keep Kirito's strenght the same. However, as consistency isn't one of the series' strong points, and the author changes around stuff however it's convenient, he'll probably do the same here. "Damn, I really made Kirito too overpowered by defeating that boss so easily. I'll have to dumb him down a good bit again, just so the duell won't be too dull."

Quote:
1 year ago... Kirito's level was ... lvl 71.
6 months ago, Kirito's level was ... probably lvl 83. (or higher)
Now? we could as well be looking at lvl 90+ or something...
So we have there:
Progress in the first year: 71 levels
Progress in the next six months: 12 levels
Progress in another six months: 7 levels

My, Kirito has been seriously slacking off there XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I don't even really think of Kayaba as inherently evil. Were his actions of trapping a thousand people in a virtual world with penalty of real death if they die in the virtual world immoral? Yes, without a doubt. But he wasn't doing it from truly malicious intent, to him it was just an experiment where he replaces the real world with a virtual one and forces people to live in it. It's entirely unethical as scientific experiments go, but not evil. The people trapped inside are given all the tools they need to defeat the world and survive and win, and just like in the real world and the game of life, some will survive and some won't.
Now that's a seriously messed up attitude.
He not only imprisoned ten thousand people, but also put all of them into a life-and-death struggle, and is already directly responsible for the deaths of a few thousands. That's certainly already a truly malicious intent, and *very* evil!

Now what would you say if someone kidnapped you and your friends and then imprisoned you in a huge steel cage, together with lots of bulls, grizzlys, elephants, wolves etc. which all have rabies so they'll fiercely attack you as soon as they see you. Then they'll thrown in some swords, and you won't get out of the steel cage until you've slain every single one of the rabid animals.
By your definition, that wouldn't be evil either, just some experiment where your real world was replaced with a steel cage, and you got no right to complain, as you've got all the tools you need to defeat the rabid animals. Just like in real life, some of your friends might perhaps survive the steel cage, and some won't. Who cares how many of you die in the steel cage - it's just an experiment, after all.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:16   Link #593
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
So we have there:

Considering what happened a year ago? Maybe it's just that hard to level up when your level is oh-so-high...

BTW, someone said that his level now is ... Lv 96... -_-
Old 2012-09-05, 20:21   Link #594
The-Silver-Knight
Rear-Admiral

Quote:
Considering what happened a year ago? Maybe it's just that hard to level up when your level is oh-so-high...

BTW, someone said that his level now is ... Lv 96... -_-
Yeah, it's LV 96. He's has one of the highest levels.
I think Asuna is 93, or so I've heard.
The-Silver-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 20:24   Link #595
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Leveling has a tendency to get harder as the level increases, due to higher and higher EXP requirements. Naturally it'll slow down as he nears level 100 (and possibly higher, if there's no cap).
Old 2012-09-05, 20:31   Link #596
Karakuri

Quote:
Duel? Which Duel? We've just seen how ludicrously overpowered Super-Kirito is. Using his super-skills and super-swords, he easily defetated a fierce boss that 12 men couldn't defeat before, and not even the front-liners Asuna and Klein could do any noteworthy damage. No problem for Super-Kirito though, who easily cut down the boss all by himself.

As even the guild leader will only have a small percentage of the boss' HP (certainly they won't have four health bars), there won't be a real fight, and Super-Kirito will stomp him into the ground with ease. That's the problem when you make characters ludicrously overpowered, any fights will be really boring since you already know that he'll win easily.

That is, of course, if you would assume that the game would be any consequent and keep Kirito's strenght the same. However, as consistency isn't one of the series' strong points, and the author changes around stuff however it's convenient, he'll probably do the same here. "Damn, I really made Kirito too overpowered by defeating that boss so easily. I'll have to dumb him down a good bit again, just so the duell won't be too dull."

So we have there:

1 - If Heathcliff decided to ask him for a duel, of course he must be very powerful. You shouldn't think just because someone is " OP " ( I don't really think so, since you can block his attacks, and he can't defend himself once he started his skill....but ) it doesn't mean he's the Oh-So-Mighty-Lord-Who-Won't-Die/Lose.

He had an advantage of 25% HP or so, agaisn't the Boss. It's a great ammount of advantage, he didn't solo it entirely, and if he did, he would've lost.

2 - Kirito isn't / wasn't slacking off. The higher your level is, the harder it becomes to level up. That's how it goes, in every single game.

3 - The writer knows what he's doing, don't judge before you've seen everything - Don't judge a book by its cover.
He's been doing an incredible work so far.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:36   Link #597
Adigard

Quote:

However, as consistency isn't one of the series' strong points, and the author changes around stuff however it's convenient, he'll probably do the same here. "Damn, I really made Kirito too overpowered by defeating that boss so easily. I'll have to dumb him down a good bit again, just so the duell won't be too dull."
Hmm... Kirito wins and he's overpowered... Kirito loses and the author is horribad.

Tough choices there.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 20:39   Link #598
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Hmm... Kirito wins and he's overpowered... Kirito loses and the author is horribad.

Tough choices there.
Lol, I laughed xD
I don't know why would it be bad for Kirito losing tho, dunno why would anyone think that. It would only show he isn't the strongest, but he has been working as much as he can so he survives by himself , and to protect those he care about.
He has been giving a " reward " for his tough work, he deserved it. Nobody in the game did as much as he did ( atleast it wasn't mentioned so far ), so why not give him a boost for doing something no one else was capable of? Meh.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:43   Link #599
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post

Tough choices there.
This is all assuming this will be a "fair fight".
Old 2012-09-05, 21:46   Link #600
garbage

Quote:
So we have there:

hmmm maybe he hasn't really played any MMORPG at all, hence all his problems with the anime. which is understandable. unfortunately it seems the author made pains to be true and detailed to the real world MMORPG, since he himself is a gamer.

i cant really comment on the show from the point of view of a non gamer because i see it as a gamer myself. quite an addict gamer even... (dont tell my mom )
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote