AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 18:34   Link #121
zalem

Finally got around to watching the sub and loved it. Seems like a really promising start and I look forward to seeing what they throw at us. Don't get all this retro-hate going on. Happened with Terra-e too. Just because something is a different/unusual style doesn't mean it's bad. If you dismiss something just because it looks weird and not because of the plot then you're potentially missing out on something great.
Old 2008-10-07, 18:44   Link #122
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This series has the most potential of this season's shows, from what I've seen so far, although it looks like it will take another two or three episodes to get rolling. The slow pace of the first episode fit the barren world and the amnesiac protagonist perfectly, and had me wanting to see more. The retro animation style was pretty, even if the enemies were just random ugly-looking trash.

I only have one problem with this episode - how many times do they need to show the panties of a five-year old girl who's probably a robot to boot? I can't imagine they are catering to some perverted lolicon fetishes (although I wouldn't put it past the Japanese to do so), so is that all supposed to be innocent and coincidental?

On another note, color me less than impressed with the opening and ending songs. Especially the opening.
Your second assumption would be the correct one...It really had absolutely nothing to do with service from how it was presented...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:04   Link #123
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

About the pantyshot thing . . . I didn't see it as lolicon fanservice ^^; It just so happened that her outfit was short enough that when she moves around her panties will be somewhat visible ^^; So yeah, simply innocent and coincidental.

I think to consider a series with obvious pantyshot fanservice, there are those that actually focus or have close-ups on it. There are two shows this season that came to my mind that has that ^^; Or maybe three, but I haven't seen KD yet so I'm not sure if it had. Ehehe.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 22:14   Link #124
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, I think some people are just oversensitive.

These were very innocent pantyshots. If you're wearing something that short then something's gotta show as you're climbing and being tossed around like last year's rag doll.

Lolicon shots prob would have added lace to her panties and upskirted her more.
Old 2008-10-08, 00:14   Link #125
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Back the the 80s a pantyshot was....well.....just that. It didn't attract that much attention. Remember the orginal Dragonball? Goku was naked for several times in half the episodes. It was no big deal back then, and it didn't cater to anyhing.
Yeah, DragonBall has unmistakable nakedness and inappropriateness that just wouldn't fly today. I mean, I still make jokes about how Goku would pat Bulma's crotch in order to see if she was a woman.

And, to be honest, I didn't even notice the little girl's panty-shots. I was too concerned with watching the beautiful backgrounds.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:40   Link #126
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
...man the Japanese pronunciation of the main character's name annoys me to no end for some reason.
I thought the same, but I think it's sorta cool. "CASSHARN!!!"
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:54   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Over the many years it's really grown on me, and it's something i also find pretty cool. I can't blame people who are a bit annoyed by it though.
Old 2008-10-08, 08:49   Link #128
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I find it funny though xD So everytime he mentions his name, it makes me chuckle xD hahahaha!
Old 2008-10-08, 11:25   Link #129
Chrono Helix

The OP vid reminds me of one of the Gurren Lagann Parallel Works.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:41   Link #130
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The OP is weird, but it really grows on me after a few listenings. The ED is too beautiful!
Old 2008-10-09, 00:31   Link #131
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I actually liked it. XP

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:32   Link #132
musouka

Damn. The second episode was possibly even better than the first. While this sort of "plot twist" has been done before, by the first episode itself, you could argue, somehow it still managed to be fresh--and surprisingly painful--this time around.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 05:35   Link #133
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I haven't seen the secodn episode yet *but download in progress* but I've seen the spoilers and . . .

Spoiler for ep 2 spoiler:
Old 2008-10-09, 05:41   Link #134
Zekori

Pretty sure that the main characters name was pronounced "Cassharn" in the live action movie.

So the pronunciation is nothing new to me.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:01   Link #135
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Pretty sure that the main characters name was pronounced "Cassharn" in the live action movie.
In which language did you see the movie
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:32   Link #136
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Definitely won over by Episode 2 to follow this series all the way. I'm extremely intrigued as to the direction of the show. Small bit of cheesy sounds in a certain fight in Episode 2 though but considering the rest, it's a very small price to pay.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:37   Link #137
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I find it funny though xD So everytime he mentions his name, it makes me chuckle xD hahahaha!
Also funny is how the seiyuu has a propensity for low-key voice acting. Like whenever he does the voices for Gundam 00 including its narration, his voice is SO DULL, but SO INTRIGUING at the same time. It's a mystery.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:31   Link #138
Heresiarch

I find this Casshern compared to the old one, very much like how Getter Robot Armageddon compared to the old TV version...dark + twisted, which actually means much cooler!
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:03   Link #139
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
In which language did you see the movie
Not in english after I found out they cut 30 minutes of scenes from the us release.

But point remains.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:24   Link #140
solomon

Brother, this is a moody show. I actually didn't think they would have the robo-dog in this one, but they made it work. This should be great fun.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse