AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 10:26   Link #2421
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Buffed Xin Zhao just became an AD carry's nightmare. Snapping a Kog'Maw in 3 hits regardless of level once Black Cleaver is obtained is freaking hilarious. Similar deal for most of the others.

Mind you, CC him and he's still toast.

Either way, I'm not sure what item build to do on him. None of the ones I see match what I'm experiencing. Black Cleaver is obvious. Frozen Mallet seems essential to lessen chances of escape. He needs something to give him armor/MR or he gets snapped like a glass jaw, but I don't know what. Some lifesteal is a given, but not sure whether to Bloodthirster or Zeke's Herald. For boots, I guess Mercurial Treads since being CCed is his major weakness. And as for the 6th item, maybe Banshee Veil due to CC issues?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-07-19 at 11:05.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:46   Link #2422
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Either way, I'm not sure what item build to do on him.
Boots: Merc treads for sure unless you want to get Eleisa's miracle, since it's now a warding tool, but I'd rather take wriggle's for that.

Spoiler for Possible Xin Zhao build:

Try it and let me know how it goes^^

EDIT: Finally played Eve myself!
Spoiler for Evelynn comments:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-07-19 at 15:01.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:04   Link #2423
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Twitch sucks so much in jungle right now. Expunge nerfs practically drove him back to lane. Though considering Expunge needs 147 BONUS AD to be as effective pre-nerf, I don't think he has a place there either.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 00:03   Link #2424
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Twitch sucks so much in jungle right now. Expunge nerfs practically drove him back to lane. Though considering Expunge needs 147 BONUS AD to be as effective pre-nerf, I don't think he has a place there either.
At what rank, and you do realize the bonus AD ratio is per stack of poison, so it's 1.25 ratio at 5 stacks.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:28   Link #2425
Zakoo

They disabled Darius, I would like it to be forever instead of momentanely. He IS a bug.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:03   Link #2426
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
At what rank, and you do realize the bonus AD ratio is per stack of poison, so it's 1.25 ratio at 5 stacks.
Original expunge was 510 max damage at rank 5 with full poison stacks.

New expunge is 290 damage + 1.5 bonus AD ratio at rank 5 with six poison stacks. Thus simple math states that for 290 + 1.5x = 510, x= 146.667

Old 2012-07-20, 20:17   Link #2427
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
They disabled Darius, I would like it to be forever instead of momentanely. He IS a bug.

Just put the effing ulti on normal CD and not refreshed on a kill. Freaking KS bastard - so glad people stopped playing him in droves.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:16   Link #2428
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Original expunge was 510 max damage at rank 5 with full poison stacks.

New expunge is 290 damage + 1.5 bonus AD ratio at rank 5 with six poison stacks. Thus simple math states that for 290 + 1.5x = 510, x= 146.667
Ah, I see I couldn't find the old values of it on LoL wiki for reason, though Expunge no longer removes the stacks of his passive, so could gain up 48-288 damage depending how long was left on the DoT.

And 290 + 48x(number of seconds left) = 510, meaning if used when the dot is at 4 or more seconds left, then the total damage will be similar to a fleeing target, where as before, you'd have to wait til 1-2 seconds left on it to max damage .

Also I had one of those heavy carrying matches today as Irelia, I literally kept us in the game, we behind bad early, I was 8/5/0 at one point and no1 had any kills and a total of maybe 3 assists across the team... when the enemy had 14-16-ish kills, so how went on a large killing spree picked up baron(went b got impaler), and we just kept diving for kills and then pushed to win without any of us dying once we got baron
MAL
Old 2012-07-21, 02:06   Link #2429
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Phantom Dancer x2, TriForce, Infinity Edge. 100% CR/+25% CP and slightly higher MS than LV2 boots. Expensive as hell and no lifesteal, but very funny, tried it on MF today after remembering someone ditching boots for PD x2 a few pages back.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:15   Link #2430
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
In case anyone didn't know why...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MAL
Old 2012-07-21, 03:37   Link #2431
Kafriel
Senior Guest

BF sword at 2 mins. Gotta looove them pentakills xD How did he pull them all with a ward?
Old 2012-07-21, 04:45   Link #2432
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
BF sword at 2 mins. Gotta looove them pentakills xD How did he pull them all with a ward?
He set a ward at shop, used summoner spell teleport (much faster than blue pill) on it and right before the teleport goes through he uses his pull spell on all the guys in the brush. Genius
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 05:15   Link #2433
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I remember a Skarner pulling WW right after he had ported out, his tether went all the way from top to mid lane xD Lee Sin can also follow up with resonating strike and cross insane lengths like that...Riot's going to have to do something about all that.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:55   Link #2434
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ah, I see I couldn't find the old values of it on LoL wiki for reason, though Expunge no longer removes the stacks of his passive, so could gain up 48-288 damage depending how long was left on the DoT.

And 290 + 48x(number of seconds left) = 510, meaning if used when the dot is at 4 or more seconds left, then the total damage will be similar to a fleeing target, where as before, you'd have to wait til 1-2 seconds left on it to max damage .
You do know that his passive has been nerfed by 20% as well?

Old 2012-07-21, 20:32   Link #2435
killer3000ad

Anyone catch Saintvicious explode on Elementz and co the other day? http://cs.twitch.tv/curse_house/b/325699078
Old 2012-07-21, 21:03   Link #2436
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, it's all the 'rage' currently in the chat of ggclassic tournament running this moment. I dunno though, SV was the one against benching Elementz back in CLG, and now he's threatening to change him with Locust.

I personally think Elementz is probably the 'weakest pro player' in the pool right now, but now I see why CLG kicked SV out. I still don't know what Curse can do though, because their teamfighting leaves a lot to be desired, and kicking Elementz out isn't going to change anything. A lot of times they're ahead in the 4 games they played in GGclassic, but they botch a single teamfight and it snowballs against them.

On an unrelated note... I just realized that the top summoner of NA in soloq (AtD GoDJJ) has only 2 rune pages. Just goes to show you only need the bare minimum to be competitive in LoL.

Old 2012-07-22, 01:21   Link #2437
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
On an unrelated note... I just realized that the top summoner of NA in soloq (AtD GoDJJ) has only 2 rune pages. Just goes to show you only need the bare minimum to be competitive in LoL.
As I had said in a guy who opened the game with "OMG wrong runes surr at 20 pls QQ", you don't neeeeed runes to play the game, it's meant to be a small bonus to play around with and enhance strategies. I have 3 pages but almost never use the last one (left at pure AP for lols). Then again, I'm nowhere near the top

Also agreed on Curse, while they usually build favorable situations, one wrong TF really messes their games up. I wouldn't say Elementz is the weakest player among pros though, there was that one guy who came as a last-minute replacement and fed hard after losing his lane, don't remember his name but it was all caps.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:09   Link #2438
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Eh, he plays a single role though(ADC), the role which needs the least amount of runes, imo. I imagine he queue dodges or forces dodge a good bit since he only plays that role in ranked... and he's not the highest ELO ever, just currently(erwinbooze and LightSludge had higher peaks for their ELOs). Only one of other the top 10 in ranked have so few runes, pages, and they had notably lower Win rates on outside AD carry. or AP champs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As I had said in a guy who opened the game with "OMG wrong runes surr at 20 pls QQ", you don't neeeeed runes to play the game, it's meant to be a small bonus to play around with and enhance strategies. I have 3 pages but almost never use the last one (left at pure AP for lols). Then again, I'm nowhere near the top
Runes are game defining for Support(The gold difference gp10 runes and not is huge), and Junglers since it effects clear times, and hp left on early clears. Top, Mid, or AD can usually make due though.
MAL
Old 2012-07-22, 02:30   Link #2439
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Most junglers can afford to jungle with just specific masteries (Udyr, Trundle, Shyvana, Cho and Jarvan off the top of my head). For supports, yes, the gp10 page really makes a difference, but getting early assists is far more game-defining, and gp10 runes don't affect that part of the game. I've seen a good Alistar getting 8 assists until the first dragon skirmish (unfortunately he wasn't on my team) and Taric/Janna have enough CC to survive a teamfight and pick up quite a bit from it.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:36   Link #2440
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You really need rune to increase jungle clear time, or else it will affect your team. As you see, competitive is being optimal on every jobs you are given, so while you may thing rune isn't needed, it's crucial.

Try playing without rune and you will understand. A bruiser without rune can't hold his lane, as a support. The only one who can get out of it easier is mid and to some extend, jungler (but that will mean less advantage for your team). Not to mention there are specific situation runes that you only use choose to use after the ban/pick phase when you realize who's you're going to go against.
You can only say thing like rune isn't needed when your skill is much higher than your opponents, since the advantage it gives isn't small.

While I'm not a type who thinks "wrong rune page, I can't do jack now", I always want to do my best at whatever role I chose, so more rune page is needed for me, as I'm almost always the one who picked last.

Tags
league of legends, lol