AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 07:27   Link #1221
Skane
Anime Snark

I want that Caitlyn one...

Oooo...
Old 2011-10-06, 17:38   Link #1222
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
It's still early, but I find Xerath really underwhelming. His Q is easy to dodge and it's a pain not being able to move during W to fire off spells with a larger range. If any assassins or champions with a gap-closer get to you during that time...yeah. He's just no fun to use imo.

I'll be trying him out some more though, I see players like Dan Dinh doing really well with him.

Last edited by Otani-kun; 2011-10-06 at 19:49.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 19:23   Link #1223
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Played 2 matches with a player as Xerath yesterday (was surprised they got him so quickly). He did seem kinda weak that we got carried by one very heavy player.
Old 2011-10-06, 23:18   Link #1224
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
It's still early, but I find Xerath really underwhelming. His Q is easy to dodge and it's a pain not being able to move during W to fire off spells with a larger range. If any assassins or champions with a gap-closer get to you during that time...yeah. He's just no fun to use imo.
Sound a lot like Kog'Maw.
Old 2011-10-06, 23:29   Link #1225
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
CLG lost to World Elite. I am surprised there is no discussion. Also the I can't find stream on it, anyone know why?

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-10-06 at 23:52.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 23:40   Link #1226
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

last match i was 11 - 0 - 18 =\ mid lane.

as Xerath of course, He is so fun to play.

dont use lightning if the enemy is obviously aware, save it for when their running or moving at you. or if you used E and have the recommedned staff.
Old 2011-10-06, 23:51   Link #1227
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nothing to say really, and from what I get this board don't watch tourneys.

In any case, games were stomps for one team or another. Nothing exciting, unlike that one matchup that went back and forth so many times (I think it was IG vs Ehome? forgot).

Only thing worth mentioning was hotshotgg went from MVP from last IEM to Least Valuable Player this IEM... not playing safer against a taric/vayne lane which fed the vayne, and that bluepill had he continued it will allow him to escape safely from 5 people closing on him on enemy inhibitor turrets. But no, he tried to escape by going through the top inhib turret, through the bottom one, but still got killed that caused the enemy team to get an uncontested baron. Facepalm, much?

And despite a lackluster Lee Sin in the last game, SaintVicious really deserved that MVP. He really showcased what NA junglers can do, but I guess that's because NA servers put a lot emphasis on jungle control due to counterjungling superstars like TheOddOne, Dan Dinh, and Jatt, where I don't see the same of EU or even Asian teams.

Alas the rest of the team too heavy as Jiji looked rusty (losing in lane as prenerf OPianna? wtf?), Chauster is consistently beaten by the other team's AD carry if he faces them during laning phase, Elementz got caught too much, and Hotshot as mentioned before made the most mistakes. Oh well, guess NA can't win them all... now to watch IPL this weekend.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 00:13   Link #1228
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Only thing worth mentioning was hotshotgg went from MVP from last IEM to Least Valuable Player this IEM... not playing safer against a taric/vayne lane which fed the vayne, and that bluepill had he continued it will allow him to escape safely from 5 people closing on him on enemy inhibitor turrets. But no, he tried to escape by going through the top inhib turret, through the bottom one, but still got killed that caused the enemy team to get an uncontested baron. Facepalm, much?
I do remember reading somewhere else that when he doesn't carry games, he feeds hard...didn't watch the match this time around though, will check it out if it's uploaded.

In other news, I have a question for this forum. I have about 15k IP and 2 rune pages, both of which include:
MS quints
ArPen or Mpen marks (fighter/caster set)
flat HP seals
MR/lvl glyphs

So, I met this guy the other day, with 1400+ wins and 7 rune pages, and I'm wondering, do you guys use many pages or just stick to two of them? If you do, got any special setups for certain champions, and are they worth the IP?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:29   Link #1229
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Imo , 2 rune pages is short if you play almost all champ's type.
Currently i got 5.

1 for AP caster(i use it for Fiddle Jungle too) , 1 for Ranged Carry AD , 1 for Offtank AD(i use it for offtank jungler too) , 1 for Offtank AP(same) , last is for critic , when i want to play Trynd,GP or Sion for fun.
I need one more rune page for my dodge runes left.

And after , if you want to make a rune page for one of your main or more.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 09:52   Link #1230
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You need all 11 pages if you're a dedicated jungler, since each jungler is different in the way you rune them. You can't really make a generalist jungler page when some junglers scale with AS, others with AD, others with AP, others are better with ArPen, and some are better with a combination of 2 of the mentioned things. (And that's not going into some are better with dodge runes, others are better with all out armor, while others are rune independent and use runes for a better midgame)

Really, out of all classes, the jungler is the most rune dependent because of the damage you're taking plus it's a race against time, since the faster you can clear means the more things you can do outside of your own jungle. And with all the different combinations and permutations of rune setups, junglers get more effectiveness with more rune pages than other roles of the game.

But if you're a laner, you can get away with just 2 generalist pages. I've heard of people climbing to the top of the ladder (like 2200+ elo from last season) with just flat armor seals + flat mr glyphs + mpen/arpen marks + gp10 quints.

Old 2011-10-07, 09:59   Link #1231
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yes, I tend to avoid jungling, and that is one reason. I do, however, aim to buy one extra rune page for junglers, and my focus will be Olaf and Jarvan IV. No idea as to how I should rune a jungler though, the only thing I got so far which I think is necessary are dodge seals...since you're an experienced jungler, what kind of runes do you use for these two?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 10:39   Link #1232
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Basic jungler runes = HP+Armor. After depends on the champ , Arpen/AD/Atkspeed/MR
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 12:16   Link #1233
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Any chance to see VODs from the IEM this time? I completely forgot to watch them as I was quite busy with other stuff
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 23:19   Link #1234
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Up to 3rd place match can be watched here...

http://www.own3d.tv/ESLTV

Just browse through their recent stuff.

Finals is uploaded in youtube if you don't like waiting for ESL to upload the official version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ct2u...utu.be&t=13m9s

That's game 1, and games 2/3 are linked in the comments.

Old 2011-10-08, 00:04   Link #1235
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Seems like the people in the CS corner had a great time
Old 2011-10-08, 14:08   Link #1236
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm so dumb T_T Said IEM when I meant IPL.

Which can be found http://esports.ign.com/ipl/tv/?starc...e/ignproleague on the Bally channel (Caesars is used for sc2 it seems)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:12   Link #1237
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Seems like the new champion sneak peek previews Gravas, The Outlaw. Who apparently has a problem with Twisted Fate.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/c...-graves-outlaw
Old 2011-10-10, 22:34   Link #1238
Velsy

I been trying to convince myself to come back and play.. mainly as my friends request. But I seen how horrible the upcoming Irelia skin is and I am not impressed. Is that really the best Riot can come up with? . I mostly quit because I got tired of Riot.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:57   Link #1239
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I dunno, I thought the splash for the new Irelia skin was pretty cool looking, haven't seen it in game though :\
Old 2011-10-11, 02:00   Link #1240
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Recently got into this, though not very good at it and the tutorial wasn't much helpful for me personally. Favorite character is Ashe, though I like her better without her blond/e hair in terms of story/lore.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol