AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 10:30   Link #221
signorRossi

No, Makie had jut conscience problems before, a little crisis that made her fight bad. Onna....

SignorRossi.
Old 2009-01-29, 15:17   Link #222
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , Manji is immortal so why his right eye didn't recover ....
When you watch the op you think Manji is a badass ....

Just watch ep 10 :

Another Ittoryu's killer .
In the next ep , It seems Manji will lose yet by Arya"s foots attack omg
Old 2009-01-29, 15:52   Link #223
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well , Manji is immortal so why his right eye didn't recover ....
When you watch the op you think Manji is a badass ....

Just watch ep 10 :

Another Ittoryu's killer .
In the next ep , It seems Manji will lose yet by Arya"s foots attack omg
Manji killed the 100 good guys before he became immortal, therefore he has only 1 eye and all this scars.
IMO the first episodes were somewhat misleading about the type of anime BotI actually is. While later in manga still weird enemies/friends show up, the guy with the womens' heads on his shoulders Manji killed first was such a grotesque weirdo that made me assume that even more and stranger guys like him would continually show up, but that fortunately wasn't the case and BotI turned out quite decent.
Attention, manga spoiler ahead
Spoiler:

SignorRossi.
Old 2009-02-02, 20:37   Link #224
kruption

Ep. 11 is now out, let the hate continue.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:52   Link #225
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruption View Post
Ep. 11 is now out, let the hate continue.
Man, I have already read the whole manga, so the anime has nothing new anymore for me....
Interestingly the manga is already at 22 volumes in German while the English isn't....

SignorRossi.
Old 2009-02-03, 13:54   Link #226
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 11 :

WTF , well it didn't surprise me anymore .....
Most of the time Manji wins when Rin helps him .
For Rin who wanted to let Araya in peace if He forgive its absurd . Even though the guy got a child , he's still the parents's murder , no mercy !
The end is soon . 2 episodes more .
Old 2009-02-04, 02:29   Link #227
signorRossi

Quote:
Just watch ep 11 :

WTF , well it didn't surprise me anymore .....
Most of the time Manji wins when Rin helps him .
For Rin who wanted to let Araya in peace if He forgive its absurd . Even though the guy got a child , he's still the parents's murder , no mercy !
The end is soon . 2 episodes more .
Yep, the actions of Rin sure are absurd and hard to follow. But she definitely is a childish dumb-ass, no doubts there after 19 volumes of manga for me. And Manji will get chopped to mush more than he would like in the future, too...

SignorRossi.
Old 2009-02-04, 06:20   Link #228
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Yep, the actions of Rin sure are absurd and hard to follow. But she definitely is a childish dumb-ass, no doubts there after 19 volumes of manga for me. And Manji will get chopped to mush more than he would like in the future, too...

SignorRossi.
Childish, yes (come on, she's what, 16?), but has one of the most realistic developments in the manga (as of vol 20).
Old 2009-02-04, 06:59   Link #229
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Childish, yes (come on, she's what, 16?), but has one of the most realistic developments in the manga (as of vol 20).
I didn't want to belittle or ridicule her, this is just how she is...
And the manga is certainly in my top 5 so far, didn't expect it to turn out so good after a somewhat weak start...

SignorRossi.
Old 2009-02-05, 12:30   Link #230
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Well after watching the first 3 episodes, I simply cannot go on, it is nowhere near the level of the manga. If anything, watching it made me want to read the manga over again. It just dissapoints me knowing there are people who are only watching the anime, and will probably never read the manga which is 10x better. ah well, what can you do....
Old 2009-02-12, 14:31   Link #231
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch episode 12 :

Ahah Manji admit he have a hard time to beat the ittoryu even though he got experience since 200 years . it was unexpected with the ittoryu's boss . so now what will happens with Rin ...
the others people what are they doing ? (the blond girl , the bald guy .... ) there is 1 episode left !
Old 2009-02-12, 16:05   Link #232
signorRossi

Quote:
Just watch episode 12 :

Ahah Manji admit he have a hard time to beat the ittoryu even though he got experience since 200 years . it was unexpected with the ittoryu's boss . so now what will happens with Rin ...
the others people what are they doing ? (the blond girl , the bald guy .... ) there is 1 episode left !
It doesn't seem that the anime will get a real ending since it actually is following the manga closely which has much much more story to follow.
Old 2009-02-12, 16:59   Link #233
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
It doesn't seem that the anime will get a real ending since it actually is following the manga closely which has much much more story to follow.
Yeah i see it . Like Ittoryu's boss said it will take a long time , a hundred years , for Rin to find him . well , i think she should live his life instead , in the end she didn't know what to do and rest on Manji .
Old 2009-02-13, 22:08   Link #234
ThoHell

So like I finally decided to finish this series. Man what a horrific series, or so it felt like to me. I was soooo pumped and excited about this series at first but then as the series progressed, every expectation I had for it disappeared. I'm sorry, but it was damn horrible..... like doing a 9 pages research paper the night before its due!
Old 2009-02-14, 10:33   Link #235
Apple84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Well after watching the first 3 episodes, I simply cannot go on, it is nowhere near the level of the manga. If anything, watching it made me want to read the manga over again. It just dissapoints me knowing there are people who are only watching the anime, and will probably never read the manga which is 10x better. ah well, what can you do....

i so agree with you, i hope there's people reading the manga before watching the anime...something not to miss and more detail in the manga. mannn the manga got me speechless and has it rise more into later volumes...whoww...i laugh hardcored at some part, get a chill at some part, but mostly i am amazed and so interested in it! Samura-san surely has an interesting mind when he comes to draw and think of making this manga..i prop him for sure but still...whow..his mind must be what? who knows how he can come up with such character and story! how i wish i can meet him and ask lots of question.

aside from that, can someone tell me the "actual" order of the manga. i am done reading vol 1-19..but somehow i feel there's something missing between the volume and makes no sense, anyone know what i am talking about?^^
i find this other part someone shared online and its RAW 176, please tell me which part of the vol is from cuz i DID NOT find this part in the online manga when i read all vol 1-19.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/11035

and to be honest, did Samura-san himself "completed" this series manga already or is it still in progress?i am just suprised that he started this manga since 1994 right?he should complete it by now, so why take till 2009 to get it done and thank god it has made into the anime! though its a bit disappointed for me since its not so much accurate according to the manga itself, so disappoint they didn't add or show the capitated part and heads flying off..etc. yeah its gory and disturbing but that's one of the catchy thing in the manga not to be left out. its just slash! Manji chop and then a pile of blood, the only accurate part i find is when the other immortal dude from itto-ryu fighting Manji and when Manji cut him off and hang only his upper part on the hut house wall.

okay i go on too much, but again, when it comes to BOTI...chit chatting will never stop, i will go on more later on =)

for the meantime, can someome tell me i notice...VOLUME 1-19 is WAY different and some parts are not included compare to the manga "chapter", ALOT i notice has left out in the volume manga!? whyyyyyyyyy? so confused!!

Last edited by Apple84; 2009-02-14 at 10:44.
Old 2009-02-20, 19:59   Link #236
lars18th

As a follower of the manga, I must confess I was originally put off by the soundtrack and some of the art style choices (and editing) on the first few episodes but I started to like the anime more and more from episode 5 and on. It follows the dialogues and action sequences almost frame by frame. They did maintain all the key dialogues and personally, Magatsu's fight and motivation in episode 5 just came out more complete on the anime. When he stabs Manji, you know he means it and you know exactly why he does it.
This anime series does have its flaws but one has to agree it does respect the great character background and development Hiroaki Samura put in each of his characters. It also tries its best to be quite gory for the medium without becoming ridiculous.
This series is definitely worth a look.
So anyway, does anyone know if season 2 has a release date scheduled?
Old 2009-02-21, 03:08   Link #237
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I will agree with most you, in that animation and art were ranging from average to bad, especially during the first episodes, but overall the story and characterization were pretty good and close to the source (from what I can recall). Dunno, I liked it a lot, despite its mishaps

Oh! by the way I liked the OP (both the animation and the song)
Old 2009-02-21, 14:32   Link #238
lars18th

I hope this helps whoever is watching the fansubbed anime especially the Makie episodes. I am not sure if its an editing, translation problem or maybe both but a key element of Makie's past is not clearly explained.
This is not at all a spoiler, actually I believe not reading it, takes away from the original story:
Makie is the daughter of a samurai family. During childhood, her older brother is picked as the heir of the family dojo (for being a male) but during a friendly skirmish event, Makie beats the brother 3 times in a row. On the third rematch she beats him with a single strike.
Ashamed of the flawless defeat to his younger sister, the brother commits suicide to uphold his honor, thus leaving no successor to the family name.
The hateful father then expels Makie from the family but her mom decides to leave with her. The mother becomes a prostitue in order to make ends meet and Makie grows up hating her father for what he has done.
I believe the other details are explaind in the anime. I hope this helps whoever is watching the show.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:11   Link #239
TotalAbyssDeath

Send a message via MSN to TotalAbyssDeath Send a message via Yahoo to TotalAbyssDeath
The last episode has been subed, Is anyone else disipointed in how it ended? So much left unanswered unfinished?

Will there be a second season?
Old 2009-03-29, 23:16   Link #240
donoghu

Quote:
The last episode has been subed, Is anyone else disipointed in how it ended? So much left unanswered unfinished?

Will there be a second season?
On one side, I agree with you. The anime is quite incomplete. But I must remind everyone that Blade of the Immortal is actually a manga, before an anime, and the story in the manga goes way more further than this little animated story.
When I started watching this anime, I had already see a couple of chapters from the manga, which is a lot more violent and hardcore, since I have lived next to a friend who had all the manga available in America. (He's a huge fan of BotI)
You can see this the same way as what the anime of Berserk was to the manga.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, seinen