Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 21:26   Link #181
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
It isn't but other then that they do decently with realism.
Heck, even rugby would be more realistic. (Eg. No Side)

Quote:
Hmmm...... I do hope the author develops on it if that's the case.
Which brings us to a sequel of KnB!

I'm thinking he picked up streetball before meeting that trainer, then that trainer saw him and decided he could be a really great unorthodox basketball player, and trained him for that cause.

Quote:
He might have surpassed Haizaiki enough in physical prowess that he can match him just based of that.

He did do decently against Aomine even without copying him after all.
But that was only because Aomine wasn't stealing his skills.

Quote:
218 lb isn't heavy by NBA forward/center standards, that's true.

But weight is pretty easy to fill out actually, it's unlike height where you can only get to a certain point and then stop.

It's also only useful if you're a forward or center position. Weights use is mainly fighting for rebounds or pushing someone away to get good position.
Well yeah, but to me seems like he's also shorter than the average center in the NBA.

Quote:
No Kise vs Midorima makes me sad.
I knew Kise wouldn't be playing lol.

Quote:
That's illegal screening.

A shooter would be unstoppable if that's a legit move.

80% sure there's a rule that you only set screens with one person.
Lol. The largest guy blocks, then?

Quote:
Kubo also doesn't want it to end yet is also another factor.
So it's both, huh. Thanks.

Quote:
I'll take that as a compliment.
I knew it.

Quote:
Chapter 141? 109 vs 71 isn't a 29 difference.

That's 38 and their opponent isn't exactly weak, it was noted by both Alex and Hyuga that their ace was pretty strong and Alex also commented that the other players were also pretty good.
He said 28. It was probably a typo. Probably meant 38.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:13   Link #182
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Both teams using teamwork.

I mean Midorima learned it against Seirin. First time no teamwork = loss. Second time with teamwork = tie.
But it's unrealistic to expect that none of the teams will use teamwork.

Quote:
They have 5 top players at their individual position as their starting lineup.

Garnett is aging but he's still a extremely experienced and consistent PF and arguably the top 10 PFs in history during his prime. He's also has experience being a leader and a person that can keep a team together and get them to a ring.

Pierce is also aging but again with age comes the experience factor and the consistency. There's also the fact that he's one of the best defenders for the SF position. If there's one guy in the same position that can give Lebron trouble it's him.

Joe Johnson is often targeted for having one of the most overpaid contracts in history but he's still one of the best SG in the NBA.

Lopez is still very good now actually. He averaged 19.4 points, 6.9 rebounds and has a efficient 52.1% from the field and made it to a All Star game recently (only because Rondo couldn't participate because of injuries though).

And then there's Deron Williams, he's arguably within the top 5 and definitely in the top 10 for PG which doesn't sound impressive but you have to remember that the PG position is in a golden age where a lot of stars are PGs now. When you have to compete with guys Rose, Paul, Westbrook, Curry and Rondo being arguably within the top 5 is very good.

Their bench is also solid filled with great players like Terry, Blanche and Even's.

Their team lacks a dominating superstar (both Garnett and Pierce in their prime can fill that role in their prime but age is a bitch) so individually they can't beat Lebron, Durant, Wade or Kobe but as a team they might have the best lineup overall.

Wade even says that “Brooklyn has done something unprecedented — to put five All-Star players on the floor at one time. Not that many people have pulled it off, especially with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. When you think of them, you think of Boston. To be able to take them from there and bring them to their team and bring something to their team that they were missing, in the sense of winning and that toughness.” And then comments that this year might be the hardest for the heats.
O_O We should start an NBA thread with you at the helm.

Quote:
No Kise vs Midorima makes me sad.
Yes, but to be fair, it would have messed with the flow of the story if we had a more in-depth look on the match, and Kise probably messed up his leg even more by overexerting it against Seirin. He should have spent part of the summer trying to recover like Kagami did, rather than ignoring it. Which leads us to the question of why the heck the coach didn't do anything about it when they had the chance. If Aida could force Kagami to wait until he recovered, you would think a national-level coach could as well.

Quote:
He said 28. It was probably a typo. Probably meant 38.
Or an arithmetical error...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:06   Link #183
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
But it's unrealistic to expect that none of the teams will use teamwork.
First match against Seirin: Shutoku's strategy was mostly pass ball to Midorima, he shoots 3 pointers. Rematch against Seirin: it was no longer the case because there was more teamwork.

Quote:
Yes, but to be fair, it would have messed with the flow of the story if we had a more in-depth look on the match, and Kise probably messed up his leg even more by overexerting it against Seirin. He should have spent part of the summer trying to recover like Kagami did, rather than ignoring it. Which leads us to the question of why the heck the coach didn't do anything about it when they had the chance. If Aida could force Kagami to wait until he recovered, you would think a national-level coach could as well.
Kise did overtrain, but if he didn't he probably wouldn't have managed to unlock PC. Maybe he could hide it better until the QFs where Haizaki aggravated his injury.

Old 2013-09-25, 01:19   Link #184
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Which brings us to a sequel of KnB!

I'm thinking he picked up streetball before meeting that trainer, then that trainer saw him and decided he could be a really great unorthodox basketball player, and trained him for that cause.
Legit.

Quote:
But that was only because Aomine wasn't stealing his skills.
Well Haizaki was also beating Kise physically as well so there's that. Not saying
Kise would win because either way he wouldn't but if he wasn't injured he would've done better plays.

Quote:
Well yeah, but to me seems like he's also shorter than the average center in the NBA.
He is but there are centers that are pretty short. And Murasakibara is still a freshman so he'll still grow a lot.

Quote:
I knew Kise wouldn't be playing lol.
I guessed that to.

Still don't like it.

Quote:
Lol. The largest guy blocks, then?
Sure, but it's not like you can't double team or get around the screen.

Quote:

O_O We should start an NBA thread with you at the helm.
That'll never kick off though.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:01   Link #185
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Well Haizaki was also beating Kise physically as well so there's that. Not saying Kise would win because either way he wouldn't but if he wasn't injured he would've done better plays.
Which Haizaki would steal from him anyway if it's not PC.

Quote:
He is but there are centers that are pretty short. And Murasakibara is still a freshman so he'll still grow a lot.
Well I guess there's that. But he still needs experience playing against those bigger and taller than him. Maybe when he has that then he's set.

Quote:
Sure, but it's not like you can't double team or get around the screen.
True. Mido might need to develop a few skills of his own. His defending skill is decent too, but still.

EDIT:
Spoiler for Chapter 231:

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-09-25 at 22:40.
Old 2013-09-26, 21:57   Link #186
BPD Renegade

Quote:
First match against Seirin: Shutoku's strategy was mostly pass ball to Midorima, he shoots 3 pointers. Rematch against Seirin: it was no longer the case because there was more teamwork.
Wait, I don't quite understand what you're saying. We were talking about how Midorima would need a good team to support him in the NBA. My point was that even if his team uses teamwork, if it is a weak team, it won't be enough to carry them far, because we have to assume the opponent has a strong roster or strong teamwork as well.

Quote:
Kise did overtrain, but if he didn't he probably wouldn't have managed to unlock PC. Maybe he could hide it better until the QFs where Haizaki aggravated his injury.
Yes, unfortunately, it was one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't scenarios.

Quote:
That'll never kick off though.
I checked, and it seems there's already an NBA thread on animesuki. It doesn't look like it's getting much traffic, so it should be easy for you to swoop in and steal the show. I wouldn't be able to contribute anything, since I currently a) don't have a tv, and b) don't have much free time, but if you do decide to take charge of the thread, I'll be sure to drop by from time to time. There's bound to be at least another basketball junkie hiding out in this forum.

----
Gah, iamadooddood, it's taking so much willpower not to click on that spoiler you added! Must. Not. Click!
Old 2013-09-26, 22:27   Link #187
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Wait, I don't quite understand what you're saying. We were talking about how Midorima would need a good team to support him in the NBA. My point was that even if his team uses teamwork, if it is a weak team, it won't be enough to carry them far, because we have to assume the opponent has a strong roster or strong teamwork as well.
Actually, forget what I said. Those Mangafox forum people didn't really expand on the reason why Midorima would survive in NBA other than his shots. But you do have a point.

Midorima really needs more love.

Old 2013-09-26, 23:33   Link #188
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Actually, forget what I said. Those Mangafox forum people didn't really expand on the reason why Midorima would survive in NBA other than his shots. But you do have a point.

Midorima really needs more love.
Right now, he has the author's love -- he did what Aomine, Murasakibara, and Kise couldn't do, get his team to place. Can't get much better than that. Fan-love, now that's another story.
Old 2013-09-27, 02:49   Link #189
larethian

The rest of the chapter fillered with introduction lol

Why's Kuorko's position '?' He should be a small forward right? (or point forward)

Mayuzumi's box is not typesetted

Akashi's eyes are creepy......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 03:40   Link #190
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Right now, he has the author's love -- he did what Aomine, Murasakibara, and Kise couldn't do, get his team to place. Can't get much better than that. Fan-love, now that's another story.
Yeah he needs more love from fans lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Why's Kuorko's position '?' He should be a small forward right? (or point forward)
No, his skill is apparently too unique to be shafted into a position. And closest he'd be is a PG.

Old 2013-09-27, 09:01   Link #191
MeroBAKA

I am excited for this game.
Well, who wins is not important for me. I am focused on how Kuroko will change akashi's mind.
I feel Kuroko's power will neutralize the Emperor Eye and Akashi will develop a new technique. in the processing eyes's color will become the same.

I wonder what Mayuzumi's background is. I bet it has to do with his father being an entrepeneur and going bankrupt because of akashi's father. It was well publicized at that time.

I liked it, but the flashback was a little weird in the sense it seems to make Kuroko the nemesis of Akashi, while Kuroko is the weakest. Maybe later in the game Akashi will say he knew that among all the teikou members kuroko would be the hardest to beat lol
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:14   Link #192
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Something tells me that the full power of Akashi's Emperor Eye isn't just in controlling his opponents, but his team-mates as well. His team made 100% of the layups during practice, which seems to indicate that they were being controlled by a third party.

After all, Akashi is a master at shogi, and the basketball court is like a huge shogi board, with the players being the pieces.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:38   Link #193
kazzuya13

Finally the start of the finals begins
Old 2013-09-27, 10:40   Link #194
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeroBAKA View Post
I wonder what Mayuzumi's background is. I bet it has to do with his father being an entrepeneur and going bankrupt because of akashi's father. It was well publicized at that time.
Hm? Where was it referenced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Something tells me that the full power of Akashi's Emperor Eye isn't just in controlling his opponents, but his team-mates as well. His team made 100% of the layups during practice, which seems to indicate that they were being controlled by a third party.
It's already implied that it's due to the hellish training they went through in Rakuzan.

Old 2013-09-28, 20:48   Link #195
BPD Renegade

Quote:
EDIT:
Spoiler for Chapter 231:
Akashi is Rakuzan's PG. Mayuzumi is their power forward. I'm more interested in who he reminds Furihata of. My initial guess is that Akashi found another Kuroko to balance out his team. He seems unremarkable enough, and he has the dead eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post

After all, Akashi is a master at shogi, and the basketball court is like a huge shogi board, with the players being the pieces.
Not to sound blunt, but this is basketball, not Harry Potter. Sorry, no Imperius curses.

----

Since we're possibly reaching the end, I will take this time to express appreciation for each of the characters' eyes. Yes. Their eyes. Anyone else notice/appreciate the fact that practically every character has his own unique eye style?

Speaking of which, compare this chapter to chapter 1. There has been a remarkable improvement in artwork.
Old 2013-09-29, 00:01   Link #196
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Akashi is Rakuzan's PG. Mayuzumi is their power forward. I'm more interested in who he reminds Furihata of. My initial guess is that Akashi found another Kuroko to balance out his team. He seems unremarkable enough, and he has the dead eyes.
Huh. The Chinese scans called him a 控球後衛 (which means point guard).

I'll need to check again. Because apparently Mangafox forum people (who claim to be in basketball teams) says that it's OK for a basketball team to have 2 PGs.

Old 2013-09-29, 01:58   Link #197
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just noticed how comfy Tetsuya # 2 looks in the recent chapters.

Haha.

Quote:
Which Haizaki would steal from him anyway if it's not PC.
I doubt Haizaki can steal something simple like driving the lane and doing a lay up or jump shot over you or else that would be stupid.

The only plays that he's shown to steal are specific play's that require some degree of skill or talent.

Kise can probably beat Haizaki physically using post up moves or outrun him and lay it the ball in if he's not injured. Beat him in terms of fundamentals. He'll probably eventually turn to PC but he can last longer like that.

Quote:
Well I guess there's that. But he still needs experience playing against those bigger and taller than him. Maybe when he has that then he's set.
He needs experience playing those taller and more importantly faster then him.

Being tall and big is useless if you're clumsy and uncoordinated and you'd be surprised at how many centers like that exist in the current NBA.

Quote:
I checked, and it seems there's already an NBA thread on animesuki. It doesn't look like it's getting much traffic, so it should be easy for you to swoop in and steal the show. I wouldn't be able to contribute anything, since I currently a) don't have a tv, and b) don't have much free time, but if you do decide to take charge of the thread, I'll be sure to drop by from time to time. There's bound to be at least another basketball junkie hiding out in this forum.
I'll check it out once NBA season starts and more importantly when I'm not busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The rest of the chapter fillered with introduction lol

Mayuzumi's box is not typesetted

Akashi's eyes are creepy......
Kuroko should be point guard...... he lacks the physical capacity to be a forward.

Quote:
Huh. The Chinese scans called him a 控球後衛 (which means point guard).

I'll need to check again. Because apparently Mangafox forum people (who claim to be in basketball teams) says that it's OK for a basketball team to have 2 PGs.
It is but your PG will have to suck something hard if you need two ball movers.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 04:07   Link #198
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I doubt Haizaki can steal something simple like driving the lane and doing a lay up or jump shot over you or else that would be stupid.

The only plays that he's shown to steal are specific play's that require some degree of skill or talent.

Kise can probably beat Haizaki physically using post up moves or outrun him and lay it the ball in if he's not injured. Beat him in terms of fundamentals. He'll probably eventually turn to PC but he can last longer like that.
I was sure Kise would lose to Haizaki physically, even without his injury.

Ah well.

Quote:
He needs experience playing those taller and more importantly faster then him.

Being tall and big is useless if you're clumsy and uncoordinated and you'd be surprised at how many centers like that exist in the current NBA.
Oh yeah, that too.

Old 2013-10-03, 11:10   Link #199
Meltyred

Well Kagami starts of the match in Zone.
Surprised the author wasn't saving it
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 11:59   Link #200
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Almost forgot something regarding this. This Mayuzumi is listed as a point guard in the Chinese translations and a power forward in the English ones. Could Mayuzumi be a point forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Well Kagami starts of the match in Zone.
Surprised the author wasn't saving it
And he jumped over Akashi as many people in the Mangafox forum predicted.

Also Mayuzumi seems like Kuroko.

Tags
basketball, comedy