AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 16:25   Link #181
maximilianjenus
[E]

I only do that for fanservice series.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:54   Link #182
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i do admit that if there's no censoring i might watch it after its over.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:51   Link #183
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan nsfw:
Old 2012-06-10, 13:04   Link #184
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scan nsfw:
As someone who likes Muv-Luv, I'm ashamed to bear the news that this artwork was plagiarized from 3 pictures from other series. Shame on you, Miyata Sou.

NSFW
I'm not even kidding
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 13:54   Link #185
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The fact that you could actually remember said images for quick comparison speaks volumes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 14:23   Link #186
Shadow5YA

Normally I would say it doesn't matter because those are three fairly common poses, but I am surprised at how perfectly the images overlap one another.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 14:58   Link #187
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Normally I would say it doesn't matter because those are three fairly common poses, but I am surprised at how perfectly the images overlap one another.
Yea, same here, normally don't mind same poses and all that jazz but hell they match up pretty much prefectly, especially the Yui/Cecilia one.

Well I don't care as I don't see it as being a major problem and I'm all for more Yui!!!
Old 2012-06-10, 15:31   Link #188
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Images

Another scan of Yuuya and the others.

Stela sure has been growing on me as of late.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:42   Link #189
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
As someone who likes Muv-Luv, I'm ashamed to bear the news that this artwork was plagiarized from 3 pictures from other series. Shame on you, Miyata Sou.
Did Sou Miyata illustrate that specific piece of promo art? Oftentimes the promotional spreads in magazines are done by contract artists (usually because the original is too busy). It was the case with the Touka Gettan anime; the promotional spreads were mostly by Asako Nishida, rather than the original artist, Carnelian. I personally preferred Carnelian's original art, but in the case of Muvluv Total Eclipse, I actually prefer Tasuku Iizuki's (the artist behind the recent Queen's Gate gamebook for Iroha from Samurai Spirits) version of the characters better.

And this controversy is good in one way to me. It means that Tomoyasu Kurashima (the character designer for the Infinite Stratos anime) gets more attention, which he certainly deserves.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 14:20   Link #190
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Yess, Sou Miyata has ben fired
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/06/11/m...acing-artwork/
Old 2012-06-11, 15:08   Link #191
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Definitely can't condone anyone that copies original work so I most certainly don't fell sorry for him. Just sad to see something like this happen.
Old 2012-06-11, 15:46   Link #192
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Nah, tracing and modifying happens all the time, and many copies are far better than the originals.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 19:01   Link #193
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah, tracing and modifying happens all the time, and many copies are far better than the originals.
Even if that is the case, the Age staff will see this incident unacceptable considering it can negatively impact the image of the upcoming ML anime series.

Even though he plagiarized, I still liked Miyata Sou's art especially for TE, and Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu. I'm afraid I can't say the same for his modernized version of the main ML girls in Muv-Luv Confessions though. It was an abomination beyond words, but purely my subjective opinion.

Oh well. Now that he's out of the picture, at least we still have Carnelian, Bou, Makishima Azusa, Himukai Kyousuke, and Sayori to count on. I find them more preferable than Miyata Sou anyway.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-06-11 at 21:32.
Old 2012-06-11, 21:56   Link #194
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Oh well. Now that he's out of the picture, at least we still have Carnelian, Bou, Makishima Azusa, Himukai Kyousuke, and Sayori to count on. I find them more preferable than Miyata Sou anyway.
Why don't they just call on Tasuku Iizuki, an artist who did a lot of MuvLuv TE promotional art already, to take Sou Miyata's place? Iizuki is already familiar with the original designs and actually improves on them in some ways.

Of course, if nothing got in the way, I'd prefer Carnelian to illustrate MuvLuv TE too, but she's already doing such a nice job with Schwarzesmarken and is always very busy.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 01:41   Link #195
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Doesn't Iizuki illustrate for the original novels anyway? They should just take him in for the anime...

His Inia and Kriska look better anyway and that's all that matters...
Old 2012-06-12, 02:32   Link #196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Even though he plagiarized, I still liked Miyata Sou's art especially for TE, and Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu. I'm afraid I can't say the same for his modernized version of the main ML girls in Muv-Luv Confessions though. It was an abomination beyond words, but purely my subjective opinion.
Oh, he was that guy? Good fucking riddance, that style doesn't suit MuvLuv at all.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:03   Link #197
Nerroth
NePoi!

Crunchyroll get.
Old 2012-06-13, 15:48   Link #198
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Why don't they just call on Tasuku Iizuki, an artist who did a lot of MuvLuv TE promotional art already, to take Sou Miyata's place? Iizuki is already familiar with the original designs and actually improves on them in some ways.
Oops. Forgot about that guy. I was just occupied of the thought of Himukai Kyousuke and Sayori working together on another ML series other than TDA.

Yeah, I guess they should give him a call to take over. Oh, and no. he didn't just do promotional art, he was the original artist for TE as well until Miyata Sou replaced him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Doesn't Iizuki illustrate for the original novels anyway? They should just take him in for the anime...
Uhuh. I believe he's also the one responsible for the characters in the TE prologue which was included in AF.

Images

Oh, and his Yui is just gorgeous, and unbelievably bewitching especially with that smile. Hmmm, yeah. They should bring him back. I want more of his Yui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Oh, he was that guy? Good fucking riddance, that style doesn't suit MuvLuv at all.
Haha. It's more like he did not do the original justice which is why it's so painful to the eyes. I'm a big fan of Meiya so the damage was beyond imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
"The remnants of mankind make their last stand in Alaska"

WUT? Really? Who wrote this article? I have to applaud him for the wonderful job of causing me to spill my drink. lol.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-06-13 at 16:12.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:07   Link #199
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wouldn't call what Miyata Sou did "tracing" but rather "copying".

To me, tracing is like cut and paste the image then modify it a bit, just a little bit.

Copying is well, copy the image, pose or composition but change the rest completely.

I found copying the art work to be bad, but drawing from photos is... It's not like we can afford a model or travelling to the scenes just to photograph the images we want as reference though. And drawing or painting urbanscape without copying from photos is just too hard and unrewarding.

There are much, much worse artists than these. There's a guy in Austria who basically copy and print others' game concept arts as his own paintings in an open exhibition.

There are some cases I feel sorry for the author though. Like the one who got his manga about food canceled because he traced (or drew) from the photos we can find easily by Google, pictures of food and famous restaurants. I suppose it would be too hard to get a picture of foreign food by himself. I can't imagine finding lutfisk or surströmming outside Scandinavia either.

As for Miyata Sou, his plagiarization is too obvious.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:39   Link #200
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

What i looking forward and hoping for this Side Story....

Badass main character......
BETA in anime...
Hot girls
2 cour season......

TOO BAD their didn't make the Original one....

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen