AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 23:54   Link #1061
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure about L-Elf's awesomeness or more of their being incompetent. You tie up someone nicknamed 'one-man army' with just rope? What is this Dennis the Menace time...?

Also looks like someone was hoping another didn't come back from the dead. *cough* Saki...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:00   Link #1062
Destined_Fate

Yeah.. I see that.

Saki clearly is regretting that Shoko is alive and don't forget she was the one that quickly announced that "Shoko is dead!" despite not even spending even a second to find out whether it was true or not. The fact that there was no car debris should have clued in everyone that something was up, especially as the blast didn't even hit the car directly but only near it. Instead no one bothered to look til after the fact because Saki told them that Shoko was dead...

But at the very least the supposed death of Shoko allowed Haruto to pilot as I'm sure without thinking she was dead that he would have just ran away with her.

Saki was also at the Shrine too so it isn't hard to believe that she knew that there was "something" between them. The Childhood Friend thing is simply something she didn't know until now which makes her chances with Haruto much smaller since Shoko is still alive.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:05   Link #1063
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Now if L-elf have mask. then we have char clone already

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:05   Link #1064
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Oh man this show is so over the top.
And L-Erufu's chessmastering was ridiculous as well.

Jebus, Haruto how naive are you? It was obvious that ARUS Senator was making a propaganda tool out of you.

Looks like Saki has some issues with adults in particular?

And Shouko's still upset at Haruto's backing off.

Ah well, it was a fun episode.

Quote:
Now if L-elf have mask. then we have char clone already
If that's the case we need to give him the Valvrave. Cause y'know, red makes you 3 times faster.

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2013-04-26 at 00:17.
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:06   Link #1065
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure about L-Elf's awesomeness or more of their being incompetent. You tie up someone nicknamed 'one-man army' with just rope? What is this Dennis the Menace time...?
bishounen tied with the rope has more selling point in Fujoshi eyes
Old 2013-04-26, 00:12   Link #1066
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Also looks like someone was hoping another didn't come back from the dead. *cough* Saki...
they probably underestimated him because he was a teenager and thinking only a rope would hold him, it was stupid to do on their part especially with his nickname
Old 2013-04-26, 00:15   Link #1067
~BC~

Not as fun as the first two episodes but that's probably because this is more about setting up further conflicts. Not to mention how easily ARUS' soldiers were getting steamrolled. Still enjoyable and I had a good giggle at ARUS basically going "kill it with fire" on L-Elf. Seriously, flamethrowers?

I'd like to know where this idea for revolution came from. Was that Cain's intention behind stealing the Valvrave all along or was this something L-Elf had in mind personally and Haruto basically screwed up his original plan? And how do the Sakimori students figure into this?
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:15   Link #1068
Destined_Fate

Of course Shoko is still upset, wouldn't you be? She's really into him and thought that he felt the same way too but when they finally had a moment he blew it up in her face. Personally I'm surprised she isn't even more hurt over that as she threw herself out there for him and had prepared herself for his confession even after everything that had happened.

Instead his self-guilt and fear of being no longer human, which she doesn't know of, got in the way of that which lead to him putting her down badly by insulting her when she had expected something totally different. So Shoko can only reach the conclusion, with what she knows, that Haruto isn't into her after all thus she has a broken heart since she's into him.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:15   Link #1069
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
bishounen tied with the rope has more selling point in Fujoshi eyes
For a state that was built by trading treaties, ARUS sure has some logistical problems, with the lack of handcuffs and all.

And seriously, why oh why did they have to put guards armed with automatic weapons around L-Elf? Any sane man can tell that only a good way to kill yourselves.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:22   Link #1070
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Rion Nanami now claimed by yours truly.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:26   Link #1071
Xion Valkyrie

DAT Dakimakura:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, Saki is ridiculously genre savvy.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2013-04-26 at 00:53.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:34   Link #1072
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone catch the random student with the ecchi hug pillow at the beginning?

Also, Saki is ridiculously genre savvy.
I know right?

Body swapping woes? Just bite yourself! Cause that's how it works in the movies!

Everyone: Go see the guys from ARUS they'll fix you up real good!

Saki: Are you mad they'll turn him into a lab rat.

Also, looks like ARUS wasn't the guys who made the Valvrave. I wonder when are the guys who made it going to show up.

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2013-04-26 at 01:37.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:41   Link #1073
Destined_Fate

I just noticed something.

Shoko doesn't know about who L-Elf really is other than when he assaulted Haruto earlier. And since he's apparently, from the previews, joining up as a student... Well, they could really set things up for drama you'know?

After all Shoko is heartbroken and thinks that Haruto doesn't like her as more than just a fiend and all. So it isn't outside the realm of possibility that she may end up trying to move on and since L-Elf wants to hang around Haruto now it means a lot of chances for her to interact with him.

Not to mention that it would certainty cause some issues, especially for Haruto who wouldn't approve but would keep his mouth shut due to multiple reasons, and it would be funny how a cold soldier type like L-Elf could deal with someone with Shoko's personality. It would also give them a clear path towards defrosting L-Elf and making him more "Human".

As I know for certain that Saki wouldn't get in the way of that since she is clearly attracted to Haruto too and I'm sure keeping L-Elf's actions as of late as a secret would be better for Shoko's safety anyway. That and Saki seems to be very good at persuading people to do things, like Haruto not going to the military for help and believing that Shoko is dead.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:53   Link #1074
~BC~

I figure that's probably where they are going. There were like two hints alone in the first episode for the possibility of Shoko moving on. And Haruto keeping her out of the loop about his physical status while Saki and the others probably try to find a cure won't help the alienation she's probably feeling.

Also, I actually think it might be better for Shoko's safety that she knew the details about L-Elf. He already knows how important she is to Haruto which could be a negative if they take his character even further down the road of antagonist.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:07   Link #1075
Destined_Fate

Yes but this is anime logic and if she takes a shine to L-Elf they may want to spare her that pain and doubt. After all, she's already hurting over Haruto basically telling her, in her PoV, that he's not interested after all. Having her start liking L-Elf, the new student that's now Haruto's friend, than telling her that he's actually the reason for all that stuff and why Haruto chose not to confess to her may be too much.

At least so soon after her having her heart broken by Haruto.

Though in the end I still see her getting with Haruto when he finally see's how dumb he's being and that he really broke her heart pretty badly. Though it would be something if he realizes that while she's dating L-Elf and she's the one that turns him down, at least at that time, as she will not just leave L-Elf because Haruto asks her on a whim to be his after how much pain he caused her and her doubts whether he's sincere or not.

And if he tries to bring up who L-Elf really is after doing that... Well, let's say DRAMA~ of her not believing him and her thinking he's just saying it to get her to break up with L-Elf for him.

Than after Shoko leaves and Haruto starts to mop....

Saki appears and embraces him with her ample bosom and tells him she'll be there for him!

Than a close up to Saki's face as she does the "Just as Planned" grin that Haruto cannot see.

Mwahahahahahaha~!

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-04-26 at 01:28.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:20   Link #1076
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
DAT Dakimakura:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They must be really bold to bring that to school.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:28   Link #1077
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

L-Elf is an interesting case. As far as we can tell he has a great reputation in the military community, and that he clearly is a renowned agent.

Even though what he did SEEMS absurd, when you consider his status as a superspy it all fits. His code name was well known but they didn't know his face. He IS James Bond. And everything he did matches what 007 would do.

As for the explosives and missiles, I consider them to have been what was already put in place in episode 1. L-Elf already had an escape plan, like any good superspy.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:35   Link #1078
Destined_Fate

If he's really James Bond than I have no doubt he will prove very popular with the female students, even if they don't go the Shoko route with him. After all, girls in anime love the mysterious yet super handsome guy.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:37   Link #1079
Xion Valkyrie

Nah, he doesn't seem like the womanizing type. James Bond is a pure lady's man.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:38   Link #1080
Destined_Fate

Not the womanizing part, the part where he's a super spy and the ladies will be fighting each other just to be near him is what I'm getting at.

So whether he tries or not, he's a super handsome superspy whose mysterious. That's just begging right there for him to be pushed into awkward scenes with woman aiming for him as well as some of the guys wonder what he has and that they don't.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire