Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-07, 22:03   Link #61
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Elsie is listed twice in english, one of those should be Diana.

On another note, Kagami and Konata are eligible via cameos. Usually that doesn't work out well, but they're there.
Thanks a lot for the heads up! Corrected it now.

Yes, Konata, Kagami and Tsukasa are in through a background appearance in Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku. Miyuki was shafted xD. But indeed, usually j-saimoe tend to focus less on who the characters are, and more on the role they had on anime during that year, so cameos appearances don't tend to help characters.
Old 2013-07-08, 20:32   Link #62
uis

I hope Ritsuko will accepted in 2014 but as the girl in poster clubroom lel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
The code Generator seems to be this link http://rose-lilac.sakura.ne.jp/code/index.html

Also I finished translating what seems to be the final contestants list. If anyone happen to find any error, please let me know.
Adenokōji Nadeshiko - Adenokouji Nadeshiko (Binbougami ga!)
Oomori Shōko - Oomori Shouko (Ebiten)
Black Rabbit - Kuro Usagi (Mondaiji) - Seriously nobody called her black rabbit
Yohime - Youhime (Nurarihyon no Mago) - Official romaji is Youhime though but dub use Princess Yo
Eguchi Cela - Eguchi Sera (Saki) - Sera is official romaji. Anime shown Sela but japan always mistake r for l.

Just some rant:-
Oh japan just Sakura and Momiji. Where is my Yoshino and Binbouda ?
Leefa and Krista heh. Fans use both though. Crunchyroll fault. I prefer Lyfa and Christa.
There are some debate for Funko and Funco. Nothing is official though.
I actually laughing on Sengoku Collection name. Use title from each episode to differ from other heh. Oh japan.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-

Last edited by uis; 2013-07-08 at 22:51.
Old 2013-07-09, 17:32   Link #63
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It seems the regular will be busy and may need aid.

http://www.animesaimoe.org/
Old 2013-07-10, 06:59   Link #64
chaosprophet

They delayed main round drawing again, this time to the 7/20. And on 7/13 they will accept more nominations one last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Adenokōji Nadeshiko - Adenokouji Nadeshiko (Binbougami ga!)
Oomori Shōko - Oomori Shouko (Ebiten)
Black Rabbit - Kuro Usagi (Mondaiji) - Seriously nobody called her black rabbit
Yohime - Youhime (Nurarihyon no Mago) - Official romaji is Youhime though but dub use Princess Yo
Eguchi Cela - Eguchi Sera (Saki) - Sera is official romaji. Anime shown Sela but japan always mistake r for l.
Thanks for the correction, uis. And yeah this year they have some strange choices and some incomplete names around... but that's may also be one of the reasons they decided to delay it.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-07-11 at 03:15.
Old 2013-07-10, 09:31   Link #65
RJ TAYLER

I hope that is the only sign of 'shaky' administration this year. My confidence level is not exactly high on this score year to year.
Old 2013-07-11, 05:49   Link #66
AP24

I think series that had an OVA or previous season released in the past year and has a new season currently airing will have better chance.

Monogatari series and The World God Only Knows each has a new season currently airing but a lot of their characters are not eligible because they didn't show up in their OVA.

High School DxD's 3 main girls didn't do well last year but the series received more popularity so maybe they will do better this year.

Ro-Kyu-Bu girls definitely have a good chance this year. Some of the characters did well last year which they lost to Saki and Rie Kugimiya characters that made to the top 8 but the matches were close. They're gonna be strong candidates since their moe levels are very high and a new season of Ro-Kyu-Bu is currently airing so more people may end up voting for them.
Old 2013-07-13, 11:10   Link #67
chaosprophet

They are discussing the possibility of some kind of double elimination on the groups bracket part for this year.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-07-13 at 11:28.
Old 2013-07-13, 11:21   Link #68
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Seems like they are discussing the possibility of having some kind of double elimination on the groups bracket part.
That's pretty interesting. I wonder how it'll work, hopefully it isn't advantageous to people who wants to over dominate.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-07-14 at 16:00.
Old 2013-07-15, 01:57   Link #69
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
That's pretty interesting. I wonder how it'll work, hopefully it isn't advantageous to people who wants to over dominate.
Double elimination will reduce the power of sniping. This is not good. Sniping is an integral part of saimoe and must remain in play, just like obvious cheating.
Old 2013-07-15, 03:06   Link #70
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Also I finished translating what seems to be the final contestants list. If anyone happen to find any error, please let me know.
Date A Live's Yatogami Tohka is the official spelling.

Quote:
Double elimination will reduce the power of sniping. This is not good. Sniping is an integral part of saimoe and must remain in play, just like obvious cheating.
I think they want to make this year's Saimoe fairer considering what happened the past few years...

EDIT: Bleh, I can't find a single site listing definitions of Saimoe terminology.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-07-15 at 06:28.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:21   Link #71
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Date A Live's Yatogami Tohka is the official spelling.
Thanks for the info but with the exception of katakana names that are supposed to represent foreign names, I do use the double vocals as they would be in the hiragana reading of the name.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:31   Link #72
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Thanks for the info but with the exception of katakana names that are supposed to represent foreign names, I do use the double vocals as they would be in the hiragana reading of the name.
Fair enough.

First time I've heard of double o's though; usually I see them as ou. And it's the first time I see double o's for this character in particular...
Old 2013-07-15, 07:34   Link #73
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
They are discussing the possibility of some kind of double elimination on the groups bracket part for this year.
If double elimination comes through then JSaimoe is officially dead. Like, even more dead than the previous years.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:36   Link #74
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
To be honest I don't see how double elimination would reduce the power of sniping, since when this type of format is applied I see voters sniping the seemingly overdominating series as the best they could.Since double elimination gives them 2 tries to make their sniping work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If double elimination comes through then JSaimoe is officially dead. Like, even more dead than the previous years.
How? If they put double elimination the antis would have an extra chance to snipe and AST would take longer (I don't think making AST longer would make it more dead). But it comes down on where they implement the double elimination. It might make it more dead if they do it in the final 8 and the final 8 consists of 6-8 people from the same series. Personally I like the double elimination idea as long there is no series stronger than 2011 Madoka and 2012 Saki combined plus atleast the characters I'm rooting for has a 2nd chance if it happens.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-07-15 at 12:03.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:01   Link #75
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
To be honest I don't see how double elimination would reduce the power of sniping, since when this type of format is applied I see voters sniping the seemingly overdominating series as the best they could.Since double elimination gives them 2 tries to make their sniping work.
Err, it's actually the opposite. You would have to snipe two times to eliminate a threat, and the brackets may not be in your favour, like if the target lost one match and then got placed with characters no one would vote for. Essentially this gives the powerhouses a second chance and would make them almost immune to sniping since the fanbase will see it coming the first time it's tried and prepare for the second time.

THIS KILLS THE SAIMOE.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:03   Link #76
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Becomes like how ISML use to be at the Finals.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:36   Link #77
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Err, it's actually the opposite. You would have to snipe two times to eliminate a threat, and the brackets may not be in your favour, like if the target lost one match and then got placed with characters no one would vote for. Essentially this gives the powerhouses a second chance and would make them almost immune to sniping since the fanbase will see it coming the first time it's tried and prepare for the second time.

THIS KILLS THE SAIMOE.
I might be overestimating the snipers' ability, but if AST staff announced this double elimination. It is likely they'll would realize how the double elimination works. There is a possible scenario the over dominating faction will not suspect the snipers will use the weakest character of the group especially if the group has like second preliminary status girls. Unless this year's over dominating force is a tactical genius or aware of the possibilities of getting sniped by a very weak character. If a double elimination does happen I won't eliminate the chances of the snipers would use their first loss as a smokescreen neither.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-07-15 at 15:42.
Old 2013-07-15, 19:51   Link #78
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
I might be overestimating the snipers' ability, but if AST staff announced this double elimination. It is likely they'll would realize how the double elimination works. There is a possible scenario the over dominating faction will not suspect the snipers will use the weakest character of the group especially if the group has like second preliminary status girls. Unless this year's over dominating force is a tactical genius or aware of the possibilities of getting sniped by a very weak character. If a double elimination does happen I won't eliminate the chances of the snipers would use their first loss as a smokescreen neither.
Yes but the core of this is that you now need to do it twice. This is as if I now require two bullets to the brain to be dead where as before I needed one. Now which is more difficult?
Old 2013-07-16, 00:43   Link #79
iamadooddood
NOM.

So this is what sniping means...

Have they confirmed that they'll be implementing it yet?
Old 2013-07-16, 08:40   Link #80
RJ TAYLER

It looks like they have found where the 'stupid pills' have been hiding since 2003-04 and tried some of them this year. Oh well the trolls will be on full force from the start sadly Am now firmly in the "worried" and "bovverd" camps.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament