AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 12:10   Link #1261
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
& oh i think the Valvrave is still missing one part of its body design, a freaking third leg to fit with its legend motif, but place it where?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:12   Link #1262
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:38   Link #1263
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:42   Link #1264
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Spoiler:
*flashes back to the party episode of Infinite Ryvius*
Old 2013-05-02, 13:06   Link #1265
~BC~

Thanks for the break down, Renegade334. Interesting. I like how little the previews seem to spoil things.
Spoiler for ep 5 preview:
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 13:53   Link #1266
Raxnom
気疲れ

Spoiler for ep4:

This is getting crazier by the minute and I like it.
Old 2013-05-02, 14:29   Link #1267
bastek66

Shoko was awesome in this episode
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 14:43   Link #1268
maplehurry

I sense Kamina flag...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 14:44   Link #1269
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
I sense Kamina flag...
good, i'm not the only one thinking this
Old 2013-05-02, 14:47   Link #1270
Destined_Fate

Oh gawd, I hope they don't plan to later kill Shoko. She's so awesome and it's no surprise on why Haruto fell in love with her.
Old 2013-05-02, 15:05   Link #1271
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Oh gawd, I hope they don't plan to later kill Shoko. She's so awesome and it's no surprise on why Haruto fell in love with her.
that's why she'll die, the more awesome a character is the more likely they'll die

Spoiler for Examples:
Old 2013-05-02, 15:07   Link #1272
bastek66

I don't see how comparing her with Kamina makes sense. She isn't his mentor and she won't die before end of first season, especially because she had Disney Death moment already.
Old 2013-05-02, 16:11   Link #1273
Key Board
Carbon

this show is fun

Shoko is already 3x more useful the Cagalli
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 17:24   Link #1274
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

It's a good thing that L-elf didn't rode the Valvrave when he killed Haruto in ep. 1. Or else his fate will be the same as that ARUS soldier who tried to pilot it.

I knew that something will happen if it's not Haruto the one who'll pilot it. As expected, it was a execution like treatment.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 17:27   Link #1275
Destined_Fate

Yeah. Looking back Haruto saved L-Elf by kicking his ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
this show is fun

Shoko is already 3x more useful the Cagalli
Shoko is more useful than a lot of female leads.

Damn you EVOL for ruining female leads for me. At least Mikoto Misaka saved female leads for me during that dark time.

Shoko is also very "fun" and enjoyable to those around her.
Old 2013-05-02, 17:42   Link #1276
bastek66

This writing, man
Old 2013-05-02, 18:35   Link #1277
Awrya
U mad?

Blackmailing both nations by threatening to hand over the technology to the other is not a bad idea, but are they serious, a single module is declaring independence? I really doubt it that single module is self-sufficient, from the preview I guess students are all happy until the convenience store runs out of snacks.

I get the impression the whole module is just the school and other facilities, if other people live there was well, wonder how they'll feel about a hundred students just deciding their fate as well.

One other thought, how is the Valvrave fine after overheating and committing harakiri, unless students are fully capable on maintaining a secret weapon they have never seen before?
Old 2013-05-02, 18:40   Link #1278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I-I have no words...

- Shoko somehow thinks that stripping naked is the perfect way to prove you're telling the truth. Amazingly it actually worked. Remember she's the person everybody decided to blindly follow in this episode. This is important.

- Figaro, a politician and also a mustache twirling villain on the week-end, openly opens fire on high school students. He would have probably kicked a kitten or two if there had been some around. Did I mention his lines are absolutely hilarious?

- Shoko decides to use Valvrave to blackmail both superpowers. Everyone thinks it's the best idea ever and that both Dorssia and ARUS are going to gladly bend over for them. Nevermind the fact Dorssia was already at their door and there was nothing stopping them from stealing it (ARUS was about to run away), save for Haruto who could apparently win the war all by himself even though it was confirmed in this episode VVV would need to get mass-produced for ARUS to win. It's obviously not a viable solution in the long term either. They're only prolonging the stalemate, which will ultimately not be beneficial for them. In the heat of the moment, she declares the school an independent state, and comes up with the even more brilliant idea to CUT OFF THE MODULE AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. What is this I don't even. Not only does that accomplish nothing, how are they now going to get power, air, supplies, food, etc...?

This better all blow up in their faces real soon or I won't be able to take this show seriously anymore.

On the bright side, Haruto isn't being emo anymore and was actually pretty cool in this episode. Shoko is being an awesome heroine, even if her reasoning is sometimes, err, dubious. It was very satisfying to have her (unknowingly) give L-elf the middle finger.
Old 2013-05-02, 18:44   Link #1279
Destined_Fate

Hey now, thinking too far ahead isn't the trait that many High School kids are good at. I'm sure things will suck soon enough and people will blame HER for it even though they chose to follow her.

We also don't know if the place is self-sufficient or not or if they might get some allies/help later on.
Old 2013-05-02, 18:46   Link #1280
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

The only good thing about this episode was Valvrave's new gun. I was going to complain about the WTF moments, but Kanon did it for me.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire