AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 00:52   Link #461
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Duh, almost 1 month without any update...
Surely I'm not forgetting about finishing the umineko witch set, but heck, it is quite a pain to find an appropriate render for Beato ~~"

Ah well, this time, I "managed" to fulfill an old request.

After Dan was able to finish his vector and wallpaper, I got completely stuck because I couldn't find an appropriate mood or BG (valkyrie, by default, have many possible themes: war, redemption, holy presence, etc). Almost 2 weeks without a proper choice in mind.
As result, I ended up with a "classic" structure, though I couldn't help myself with light brown, and rather used a mixture of gold, yellow and orange, for some effect of light/fire and twilight.

For once, I tried to change the usual "plain" glow, and tried some radiate and irregular flowing aura on the sword, though since the original vector made it grey, it wasn't exactly easy to make it overly white and sharp without making it "flat".

The chanting text is the actual incantation chant for "Revolution" in Yggdra Union, solely reserved for Yggdra and Valkyrie units. I wanted it part of the BG and it was supposed to be first in glittering gold, but it was a bit too outstanding and clashing with the mood, so I changed it into a faint white.
The scenery and colors are splendid, and also the revolution incantation on the top left fits well with the fainted white color.
Old 2008-10-09, 06:09   Link #462
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I do plan to use it folks. Just want to give Marina's current sig a proper run before changing to full Valky mode.
I don't mind if you switch over!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:12   Link #463
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I don't mind if you switch over!
Oh, if you don't mind then.....
Old 2008-10-09, 14:58   Link #464
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Yay! Great use of Daniel's work! I'm digging the colors and the style you have there, and I don't mind the quote in the top left, so I think you did a fine job implementing it without making it too difficult to read or stand out too much.
One thing I think would be nice to try out is a different color on that sword. I see what you're saying with using a sharp white from the grey, but what if it was more of a fiery color?
I was in fact thinking about this, but I quickly scrapped the idea, as it would make the blade a bit too outstanding/out of context due the overly orange "domination".
Also, the biggest problem is how to associate it with a grey sword as it would take away its "sharpness".
And finally I wanted to use some "holy" to insist on the valkyrie nature.

I might try a blue energy aura or flame one, though I'm not so confident about what i can have with these... hummm ^^"

as for people who can't read completely the text, it reads as below:

"O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion...
In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.
"
(no place for "- Nirvana, goddess of battle" though ).

If only Yggdra could be that powerful to abuse of "Revolution" before the damn coronation ~~
Old 2009-07-15, 14:36   Link #465
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been... well huh... almost a year without any update, isn't it?

So many stuff happened, and thus so little time heh...

ah well, yesterday, I managed to get back on tracks, though it was horrifying to see how I'm so rusty in many things. Still, decided to fulfill a request that was... asked back in may
After few procrastrination issue and inspiration freeze, managed to pull something thanks to desy few suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chant
Character Name: Miku Hatsune
Signature picture: -Link-
Size: As long as it's AS-safe, It doesn't matter.
Text: "Miku Hatsune", but it's optional.
Now that is really some style I didn't dig for a while...

For starters, I wanted to do this...

Unfortunately, even if I fancied that much this half face crop, it fails completely because of the render size. Therefore, reducing the length to 500 make the whole deal completely unbalanced with an unidentified Miku taking more than 60% of the area.

then, with a LOT of transitions later:

The gist of it was to give a suggestive effect with colors only, so with a lot of color tweeking and the like (desy can tell you how insanely long I was working on it), I managed to give an aspect of "portrait" (not totally like a painting though).
That said, it looked a bit "plain" or something and suddenly, desy had an idea because of uminko, and it turned out like THIS:

In the end, this one gives a good balance between the left and the right side, and a good balance between red, blue/green and yellow, without being flashy or bland.

Certainly not the most technic signature I have ever done, but certainly one I had a lot of things to do, in order to keep a color balance as I wanted... and it is very far from what I've imagined first
Old 2009-07-15, 15:30   Link #466
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And it looks a lot better than what you initially made all thanks to a bit of sparkle and the golden butterfly. Praise Beatrice!

Now Chiru dokko???

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 15:46   Link #467
escimo
Paparazzi

Klash is back!
Balance and composition are indeed very good. I may have added a bit of S-curve to the eyes alone to make them stand out a bit. As they are they seem slightly low on contrast in comparison to the rest of the sig.

I like it, nice job.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 16:10   Link #468
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

The gist of it was to give a suggestive effect with colors only, so with a lot of color tweeking and the like (desy can tell you how insanely long I was working on it), I managed to give an aspect of "portrait" (not totally like a painting though).
That said, it looked a bit "plain" or something and suddenly, desy had an idea because of uminko, and it turned out like THIS:

In the end, this one gives a good balance between the left and the right side, and a good balance between red, blue/green and yellow, without being flashy or bland.
Was trying to decide wich one I prefered the most but...... whatever, I'll simply save and keep both!

And wooot! I can Valky see at the top of the page!
Old 2009-07-16, 12:36   Link #469
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The most ironic part is that since it is yet another request, I'm stuck into deciding what to do for now... rusty effect is so crippling .

That said, I have no interest to take part of any SOTM (unless the topic tickle my fancy) so well... as usual, I might hibernate for several months unless I have another request or miraculously find an inspiring picture
Old 2009-07-17, 04:12   Link #470
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
That said, I have no interest to take part of any SOTM (unless the topic tickle my fancy) so well... as usual, I might hibernate for several months unless I have another request or miraculously find an inspiring picture
Oh, you are not the only one feeling that way. That much, I can assure you.
Old 2009-07-17, 10:54   Link #471
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

Great work on the Sig Klash-San ..I really like it
Old 2009-07-25, 16:21   Link #472
Cierra
Pieces Of Me
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Cierra
Well, for over a month i've been thinking of asking you to finish a signature of Beatrice like the ones of Bern and LD you have but i didn't want to bother you cause i knew you were busy with Umineko threads and such.
Hope we will see you back in FC soon ^_^

Thanks to KiNa for this lovely signature =3
Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 00:59   Link #473
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Is the LD sig still available to be used? I'm in love with it and just thought I'd ask since it was made some time ago. :3
Escargotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 05:24   Link #474
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
Well, for over a month i've been thinking of asking you to finish a signature of Beatrice like the ones of Bern and LD you have but i didn't want to bother you cause i knew you were busy with Umineko threads and such.
Hope we will see you back in FC soon ^_^
I will try to do it, I didn't forget, but the problem is that I was busy and I didn't find any art of Beato that satisfies me. I'm hoping finding a good one from milkcandy, to match the style of the other 2...
That said, I have a request to fulfill first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
Is the LD sig still available to be used? I'm in love with it and just thought I'd ask since it was made some time ago. :3
My apologies for the late answer. Yes, the lambda signature is free, you can use it.
Please send me a PM whenever you don't use it anymore, that will help me to update its status so people can ask like you just did
Old 2009-09-07, 11:50   Link #475
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Happy Birthday Klash-San
Old 2009-09-07, 13:05   Link #476
Risa chan
Watcher

Happy Birthday ^^
Old 2009-09-07, 14:22   Link #477
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Flash post:

Happy Birthday Klash!
Old 2009-09-07, 16:08   Link #478
Cierra
Pieces Of Me
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Cierra
Pelli and Klash have their bd on the same day! That is so nice!
Klash, ur work in the forums especialy in the umineko thread is amazing. Wish you health, happiness and good luck in ur future plans!
Also make sure you'll enjoy ur bd! Don't forget to invite bern in your party!

Thanks to KiNa for this lovely signature =3
Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 16:26   Link #479
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

To our resident sword maiden freak

お誕生日をおめでとう~~~!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa