AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 63 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 30.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.17%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-30, 07:02   Link #161
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Even though I really wanted to see a Shining Finger attack, I still gave it 10.

Operation Comiket mission orders = 1
Haruhi and FMP references = 1
Haruhi and FMP images = 1
Nico Robin = 1
Chihara Minori = 1
Chou Nekketsu Animate Tenchou = 1
Tomokazu Sugita = 1
Tomokazu Showdown = 1

The comiket segment alone already gave me at least an 8, I guess its 1 for the 2nd half and 1 more for Lucky Channel.

I'm sure I laughed at more parts than what I've mentioned, so I know my scoring system is not accurate.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-06-30, 07:12   Link #162
Skane
Anime Snark

Am I the only the one that sees a double layered Shakugan no Shana reference?

Hmm...
Old 2007-06-30, 10:00   Link #163
Goron

Maids maids maids ^^
Old 2007-06-30, 11:23   Link #164
Julius Firefocht

If I could give this episode a 20 out of 10, I would. It's that good.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-06-30, 11:44   Link #165
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not sure if it has been mentioned but...

When Sugita said: Nani ka... Buki ga nai no ka? (Anything I can use as a weapon?)

Its directly from our favourite Data Entity showdown.

EDIT:

I couldn't find any Shana reference, I need some enlightenment.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-06-30, 12:49   Link #166
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
ah thanks for the info... now on second look it is certainly different from the kimono they wore in earlier episode... this is really confusing
If you're talking about what they were wearing in episode 5 (the summer festival), they were wearing yukata, which are different from your standard kimono in that they're lighter and much more comfortable. (Myself, I have a purpley yukata with goldfish on it. X3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Far left poster gives me Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLES vibes. (Yuko on the left, Shaolan and Sakura on the right... i may stretch too much my imagination thought )
I see Yuuko, but I really can't make anything out on the right side of the poster... so blurry.
Old 2007-06-30, 13:01   Link #167
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even though I really wanted to see a Shining Finger attack, I still gave it 10.

Operation Comiket mission orders = 1
Haruhi and FMP references = 1
Haruhi and FMP images = 1
Nico Robin = 1
Chihara Minori = 1
Chou Nekketsu Animate Tenchou = 1
Tomokazu Sugita = 1
Tomokazu Showdown = 1

The comiket segment alone already gave me at least an 8, I guess its 1 for the 2nd half and 1 more for Lucky Channel.

I'm sure I laughed at more parts than what I've mentioned, so I know my scoring system is not accurate.
Well I certainly can't score points for the Haruhi references anymore as those have run there course and are pretty much just another part of the show now, but when I do the review on my blog tonight I'll see what I can come up with.

Looking at this list, Chihara Minori is never a good thing (bland bland voice acting), I was hoping we could go most of the anime without her presence, but I guess now is the time unfortunately. Tomkazu Sugita will definitely score points for his appearance because that is the only way I could see him get pummeled by Anime Tenchou. Operation Comiket was good to as it seemed more like a war plan then casual safety instructions. Nico Robin was just surprising as that's a Toei license and it's rare to see any mention (I can't really call them direct references as they just kind of pop up) of anything outside of the usual Haruhi and Kanon ones, for that I might be able to award some effort points.
Old 2007-06-30, 13:03   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally... got to see ep 12.

The convention sequence was entertaining but I found the last part of it just completely boring (the card product battle)... sorry, just wasn't amusing to me. I did love the precursor where Kagami had to translate for Kona while using her for a ledge and the military style attack on the convention by Kona (I do that myself ). Poor Tsukasa and fabulous Kagami expressions.

On the other hand, I give the temple sequence and the New Year's sequence a *15* if the numbers went up that high. That is core purity Lucky Star material.

And <drumroll> I thoroughly enjoyed L*C for a change
Old 2007-06-30, 13:41   Link #169
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And <drumroll> I thoroughly enjoyed L*C for a change
Because it was so short and Akira didn't speak?
Old 2007-06-30, 14:09   Link #170
cardslash02

OMG! I want the hot Kyon phone card!!!!
Old 2007-06-30, 14:15   Link #171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardslash02 View Post
OMG! I want the hot Kyon phone card!!!!
You'll probably get it too. Odds are it will be on sale soon enough. Seriously don't be all that surprised when a link to it turns up in the Merchandise thread.

Edit: Oh wait it's already there. Oh well....that was quicker than usual.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-30 at 14:27.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:26   Link #172
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Not sure if it has been mentioned but...
When Sugita said: Nani ka... Buki ga nai no ka? (Anything I can use as a weapon?)
Its directly from our favourite Data Entity showdown.
Hmm...didn't kj1980 mention earlier in this thread that this was a reference to Amuro from Gundam?

Can't remember the exact scene from Gundam myself but it did sound like Sugita was impersonating Amuro's voice there.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:58   Link #173
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
Hmm...didn't kj1980 mention earlier in this thread that this was a reference to Amuro from Gundam?

Can't remember the exact scene from Gundam myself but it did sound like Sugita was impersonating Amuro's voice there.
He did a pretty poor job then. I get the reference to the discovery of the Beam Saber (He had a shield and no practical way to engage the Zaku beyond smashing it with the shield), but he sure didn't sound like Tohru Furuya if that's what he was going for.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:59   Link #174
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Well, watched the episode, and like many have said, the part about Kagami picking that manga was the best part of the whole deal.

Although more than her reactions, it was how she got around to grab the manga what got me laughing in the first place.

Lucky channel was so short, that I didnt have time to decide if it was good or not.
Old 2007-06-30, 16:15   Link #175
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
He did a pretty poor job then. I get the reference to the discovery of the Beam Saber (He had a shield and no practical way to engage the Zaku beyond smashing it with the shield), but he sure didn't sound like Tohru Furuya if that's what he was going for.
I thought it might have been that scene - when Amuro first climbs into the RX-78 right? Thanks for that.

As for Sugita's impersonation, I thought it was good but then i don't hate the guy like you seem to do.
Old 2007-06-30, 16:35   Link #176
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

doesn't this sound good?
http://media.putfile.com/konata-goodness

Old 2007-06-30, 21:48   Link #177
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Reasonable ep. Some funny moments and, as usual, some moments that just went completely over my head. In all the Lucky Star eps, this ranks somewhere in the middle.

I'm with Vexx, the seiyuu "joke" was boring and pointless. It did the same sort of thing as the last Anime Tenchou joke... it built itself up and then fizzled into an anti-climax. It was another case of a reference-for-the-sake-of-a-reference, and one gets fairly used to that from this show by now, but I certainly wouldn't list them among the things that makes Lucky Star appealing.

A few redeeming moments, but nothing I saw in this ep has made me change my opinion of this show, ie, it's hit-and-miss.
Old 2007-07-01, 00:16   Link #178
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Finally saw it.

Comiket half (you know...absolutely nobody in a typical American audience would understand this):
Kagami on Konata. 'Nuff said. Is it just me or did anyone feel that there's something really tragic coming along when Konata put down the phone during cleaning?

I seriously expected a lot of fun in a Comiket-centered episode. Sadly, my predictions traditionally end up with completely opposite outcomes (that explains me being really pessimistic). Military Konata is a good start for the half, complete with Konata mecha sounds. Then again, this military objective pattern is exactly what I do when I go out buying things. Sad thing is I completely suck at wandering around. Those female booth attendants with that freaky man voice is just infinitely creepy.

Okay, maybe it's because I got spoiled, but I didn't find Kagami's yaoi experience that funny. It was just cute and pure doujin fodder. The real question, though, is if this is her first time with yaoi, how did Kagami miss it on her first time around? (Or did she not?)

Believe it or not, the Akira stand was the only part where I laughed out loud. I love how all of her most hyped events end up flat dead. Then I see the seiyuu skit , which was, to popular opinion, pretty dumb. So far, Initial D is the only "glamour scene" that had me laughing. The others just aren't as good.

New Year's half:
First things first, Sochirou's creepiness is hitting a new high. What's best in this half, though, is how much Kagami wished to be with everyone else (wait...she threw out Konata). Does Kagami think of Konata as sort of a tool (you know...for understanding) that she doesn't want to be seen using? Or did she not mention Konata because she unconsciously took her for granted already?

The rest isn't funny nor cute.

7/10. Lowest for L*S so far. It just wasn't very cute, funny, or open-ended enough for my imagination. Plus, the novelty effect didn't do well on me this time around.
Old 2007-07-01, 01:10   Link #179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kagami seems to be functionally unable to admit Kona is probably her best friend outside of her sister. That's a bit of a tragedy for her because in her mind... admitting that would mean admitting she's 'not a mainstream girl'.

I don't know that I would rank Sochirou's behavior as creepy so much as bittersweet. The guy really has no bad intentions... he's just swept up in the moe of the shrine maiden mystique and beautiful young things. Kagami herself is forced to admit that some of the mystique of shrines revolves around miko. Gut feel is that he'd never want some old guy to hit on Kona so he would never do that himself.

Hmmm, actually I would think any American who'd been to or seen a fan convention would pretty much know the routine (whether it be a sci-fi, anime, gaming, sports, tradeswap, or other fan-focused convention). But someone who hasn't been a fan might just be confused. I agree that the "glamour sequence" (nice phrase ) was really underwhelming.
Old 2007-07-01, 01:48   Link #180
xerotwo
*Graphic Designer

hmm i was wondering, was Kagami accually buying those weird doujin mangas from first seller?
it was that part where after Kona-chan and the others went in Comiket
Closed Thread