AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 08:29   Link #4201
Liingo
Love Hina?

Nice job on the above. Now if you could just spoiler tag it, that'd be great

Just one question, who's Lynn? As I can't recall seeing her appear in any of the earlier chapters.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:26   Link #4202
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
That's such a short scene, I'm not bothering to spoiler it. (Seeing as I don't seem to get any responses for two weeks when I do... and it's smaller than most of the Backlog Breakers that appear 'round here.)

On Lynn: She arrived at the end of the last chapter to bail Hayate's bacon out of the fire. See the Index post, and see my section on Shock Enforcers.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 12:16   Link #4203
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
OC thread is slow thread....
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:46   Link #4204
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Well we've gone from MC 0075 to AD 1945 for the time being...
Old 2008-10-14, 01:47   Link #4205
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

I'm still here.

Eternal Vigilance...
Old 2008-10-15, 03:59   Link #4206
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
ATC, I've said it before and I'm going to say it again: please don't post large images like that un-thumbnailed or un-spoilered. It's distracting, it's annoying, and it serves no useful purpose.

It's also the primary reason why I had to switch back to Firefox 3 rather than Google Chrome, because Chrome has no Adblock yet.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 05:19   Link #4207
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Behold, the Vulcan has returned!

How's life been, DK?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 13:32   Link #4208
Kazuya Shiranami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well, this profile is long due...

Another profile from my pending incoming OCs dossier...

Something inspired by ROD...

Spoiler for Phasing Mirror: Ms. Deep(er):

Read and Review

wow i like it specially the mirroring ability, about the phase ability if im wright she can be inside for example a metalic wall but is she cant move to a wall whit different composition or material?
Old 2008-10-15, 18:47   Link #4209
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
I'm kinda new here so can anyone tell me what is this discussion is about?
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:52   Link #4210
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

The topic is (See Page One.)
Old 2008-10-15, 21:44   Link #4211
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya Shiranami View Post
wow i like it specially the mirroring ability, about the phase ability if im wright she can be inside for example a metalic wall but is she cant move to a wall whit different composition or material?
Well, she can move thru anything she is aware of.

That's why she can probably rip out an enemy's heart from inside a wall.
Old 2008-10-16, 00:12   Link #4212
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
The topic is (See Page One.)
...and the award for being minimally helpful goes to ATC!

*Comar throws confetti everywhere then whacks ATC with a hyperspace mallet*

@TerranReaper: Okay, to be a lot more specific than good old Tigerclaw here, this here is the Nanoha Original Characters thread, as you've probably figured out just from the thread title. This is a nice little corner of the Nanoha board where we come up with our own characters, sometimes for fanfiction purposes but sometimes just for fun. We're kinda crazy like that.

If you want to join the fun, all you have to do is follow a few simple rules:

#1: Follow the layout of character presentation provided on the first post in the thread, which ATC linked you to. It doesn't have to follow the presented format exactly, but make sure your character is well thought-out before you post his/her profile information. There's a long list of characters presented in such a fashion in the second post on the first page, so take a look at those for a good starting point.

#2: It is an unspoken rule (which got spoken quite a bit when I first started posting here ) that you don't make characters that are stronger than Nanoha, Fate, or especially Hayate unless you've got a really good reason to do so or if the character has a special need to be stronger than the Aces. For example, if the character in question is a villain you're much more likely to get away with having him be stronger than the Aces, but you'll still need some pretty good justification to get him past the spot-checkers and haxxbusters (these are the guys who go over your character and see if he's balanced and developed enough to be put into the thread's collection of characters).

...hmmm... can't think of any others at the moment. I'm pretty sure there's more, but it's possible I can't think of more because they're so obvious as to be slipping under my nose. Anybody got any other advice for the new guy?

Oh, and as to the discussion: the rule about keeping up with the discussion is more to keep people from dropping profiles into the thread and then not sticking around to talk about them. We don't expect you to read through +200 pages of backlog, so just post your character or an idea you have for one, we'll give you some feedback, and we'll work you into the discussion through continuing work on your character.

*EDIT*
Oh wait!

#3: Make sure your character conforms to the way the Nanoha universe is set up. That is to say, don't make a character who uses magic according to the Slayers or Negima styles unless you're prepared to port the entire magic system into a Nanohaverse-friendly form, or a character whose magic source is something other than the linker core.

#4: Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you think it's a stupid question with an obvious answer. We're here to help each other and have fun first and foremost, so if you're confused about something, by all means ask away.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-10-16 at 00:23.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:30   Link #4213
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
[insert advice here]
I'd add on to be receptive to criticisms and advice. Creating a character then ignoring / countering people's comments to be less-than-developed parts of the character is a fast track of getting on others' bad sides. We're here to help, but we're also here to ensure quality.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:41   Link #4214
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Thx for everything yo. I actually have a character in mind but he is not a magic user but.....he is a human, or perhaps I'll call him a Terran. I'll have details sent in later. If you want to catch a glimpse of him, go check my fanfic Alpha Outbreak.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:05   Link #4215
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Ah welcome Terran. We don't get Neutrals/Muggles/Mundanes/Non-magicusers (depending on the naming system you use) that often, Terran is a nice break.

I haven't been reading FF so much, but your work sounds related to Starcraft.

In belated news, SC2 announced! In 3 parts. -.-

And it appears someone got slagged by the Skyfall Mobital Bomb.
Old 2008-10-16, 08:48   Link #4216
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Just kind of going to scrape up some ideas here now...

I've got the Forwards training battle segment coming up soon, I figure I better work on the Versatility of Crash's Multiform Rifle.

I would say the MFR operates on a shooter's variable bullet selection like what Tia uses... but with a minor selection compared to what she has. (She has at least six classes of bullet... if "Bullet F" is any indicator.)

The MFR fires the following:

Generic Rpund
Average bolt speed, delivers mixed kinetic, magical, and thermal shot.
Rate of fire inversely propotional to energy delivery. Higher energy shots cannot be fired as fast. Nearly all the shots Crash has fired to this point have been G-Rounds.

Thermal Round (T-Round)
Crash used it on the M-79 Zed was using. Thermal rounds do exactly what the name says... heat things up. Unfortunately, they're slow and short ranged.

Percussion Round (I just live saying "P-CUSSHIN") (P-Round)
Not yet used, an assault classed round used for entry procedures, similar to a low yield flashbang... without the flash. A Percussion Bolt produces a small 'explosion' on impact, creating a sharp clap of air that stuns nearby organics. (Just imagine if suddenly, someone kept slapping you across the ears, making you dizzy.)
The Percussion Round is not as useful in open spaces as it is in closed rooms.

S3I "Shriek" Round
Standing for "Super-Sonic Soft Impact", nicknamed the 'Shriek' Round, this particular magic round delivers kinetic energy at high velocity in the same manner of a bullet... but has a consistency much more like a slightly hardened jelly, allowing it to 'splatter' at impact and spread for force of the hit over a large area, behaving more like a remote PUNCH than a bullet. This is excelent for hitting targets with an attack type they'll actually feel in a more economic fashon.
Roland, when he confiscates the Multiform Rifle from Crash, will use Shrieks in his little example of why standing around in the open is the stupidest thing he's ever seen. Crash does not know about the Shreik round's setting until Roland uses the MFR.
Shriek rounds travel at realistic bullet speeds. (~900 m/s)

Spoiler for Battery: Administrator Access Cooper 123, Mega Tech Extreme, Giant Robot KING:

Asside from that, cartridge loads allow the MFR to fire 'grenades', and busters in the same user managed effects as any other shooting mage.
Old 2008-10-16, 18:51   Link #4217
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Hmm....a high ranking official.....this should be interesting. He'll be running the the Terran Space Force Command and coordinating attacks from his space cruiser Saratoga.

Name: Kiethon Marshall
Looks: Crew cut hairstyle, tall, blue eyes, sharp chin and nose, looks that say "I'm in charge"
Alignment: Chaotic Good (He favors battle)
Personality: Outgoing, calm, kind (especially to Vita), military leader
Powers: None as he is a human. So his only form of attacks are a railgun(it is being researched in real life) and assault rifle
Background: He is a mix of American and Japanese (not really significant, just a background check). Kiethon spent his life in the Okinawa Marine Academy. As young as 12 he went into battles against rebels that resided on Mars. He is quite outstanding and prefers to do fight on the battlefield rather than just sit back and give commands. During the age of 29 he became Fleet Admiral of the Terran Space Force Command and that was when most of his troubles occured. He had to curb the outbreak of Alpha Strain virus mutants rampaging Earth and deal with an unknown cruiser (a TSAB cruiser) that strayed into Terran-controlled space. Of course, he messed up and accidentally sent a negotiator who was an Alpha Strain hive to Mid-Childa to hear explanations on why they intruded Terran-controlled space. You know what happens next.
Command ship: TSF Titan-class battle cruiser Saratoga (It does have powerful guns and it is big but it ain't tough. Just another prototype)
Military Regiment he owns: ZOCOM (equivalent to Mobile Section 6)

Last edited by TerranReaper; 2008-10-17 at 03:40.
Old 2008-10-16, 19:02   Link #4218
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Hmm....a high ranking official.....this should be interesting. He'll be running the the Terran Space Force Command and coordinating attacks from his space cruiser Saratoga.

Name: Kiethon Marshall
Looks: Crew cut hairstyle, tall, blue eyes, sharp chin and nose, looks that say "I'm in charge"
Alignment: Chaotic Good (He favors battle)
Personality: Outgoing, calm, kind (especially to Vita), military leader
Powers: None as he is a human. So his only form of attacks are a railgun and energy blade
Background: He is a mix of American and Japanese. Kiethon spent his life in the Okinawa Marine Academy. As young as 12 he went into battles against rebels that resided on Mars. He is quite outstanding and prefers to do fight on the battlefield rather than just sit back and give commands. During the age of 29 he became Fleet Admiral of the Terran Space Force Command and that was when most of his troubles occured. He had to curb the outbreak of Alpha Strain virus mutants rampaging Earth and deal with an unknown cruiser (a TSAB cruiser) that strayed into Terran-controlled space. Of course, he messed up and accidentally sent a negotiator who was an Alpha Strain hive to Mid-Childa to hear explanations on why they intruded Terran-controlled space. You know what happens next.
Command ship: TSF Titan-class battle cruiser Saratoga
Military Regiment he owns: ZOCOM (equivalent to Mobile Section 6)
Hmmm this is a bit bare bones to work with, to be honest. Already, however, there are some problems I see.

The biggest, most glaring issue with this is the technology of Earth compared to the series. At the time of A's, the year on Earth is 2005 AD. In StrikerS, it is 2015 AD. Considering today's technological growth, such a level of tech is impossible for Earth to have. Mid-Childan technology != Earth technology.

Do you intend on making a whole new alternate universe / timeline to work with this? It will be your only choice should you intend on keeping the history.
Old 2008-10-16, 21:07   Link #4219
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Hmmm this is a bit bare bones to work with, to be honest. Already, however, there are some problems I see.

The biggest, most glaring issue with this is the technology of Earth compared to the series. At the time of A's, the year on Earth is 2005 AD. In StrikerS, it is 2015 AD. Considering today's technological growth, such a level of tech is impossible for Earth to have. Mid-Childan technology != Earth technology.

Do you intend on making a whole new alternate universe / timeline to work with this? It will be your only choice should you intend on keeping the history.
I've changed a few things.

Last edited by TerranReaper; 2008-10-17 at 03:40.
Old 2008-10-16, 21:34   Link #4220
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
It's fictional but that is how my view of 2015 Earth should be. Earth mastered nano-research, nano-construction and advanced hyperspace tech. With these, Terrans are able to create regeneratable carbon nanotube armors and space drives in secrecy. When it was time to reveal their tech in the year 2009, it brought about changes that you see in 2015. Just imagine that every building can be constructed in just hours as nanobots work at top speed to piece every bit of the building together. Space ships might take a longer time...5 months at least. Hopefully that answered your question. I repeat: Mid-Childan tech and Terran tech are not the same. Terrans don't do magic nor have they got any talking devices. Even with all the armor, Terrans are still weak so the odds with the Mid-Childan mages have been evened out. One has to rely on too much magic while the other rely too much on guns. Still, thx for your views though.
Perhaps you should explain in detail the alternative history of this Earth in detail so as to avoid any extraneous commentary. As it stands, this history will leave your readers confused as to how different everything is, as we as a community are far more familiar with a contemporary Earth rather than a technologically advanced one.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content