Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 14:27   Link #2681
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm guessing the seiyuu who did King Gold, the turtle and Chichi's father (who's name I've forgotten at the moment) will be doing Mr Satan, so far he has done all Daisuke's roles so I don't see why they're stopping with that now.
Hmmm...maybe Fumihiko Tachiki will be Satan.
Old 2010-11-29, 14:50   Link #2682
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Seriously, that music they use for the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai is badass. Watching that montage kind of makes me want to see an original series "Kai".
I don't remember the original DB having much issues with pacing in the first place though. I mean, things generally happened in each episode and fights weren't dragged out through overly long spans. I've never read the manga, but I'd wager it kept relatively close to the source material just by the feel of it.

But still, I guess it couldn't hurt to keep the nostalgia train running...and who knows, it might even bring new fans to the series as well.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:30   Link #2683
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Vegeta was jealous of Trunks at the end.
His fault for choosing a slut for a wife. Seriously, the woman flirts with/checks out Future Trunks every time she sees him. It's her son ffs!
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:43   Link #2684
Boduar

Well she didnt see him grow up I would think its more of a reaction like " Damn I gave birth to one hell of a fine looking son, let me admire my god damn amazing work."
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:31   Link #2685
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
His fault for choosing a slut for a wife. Seriously, the woman flirts with/checks out Future Trunks every time she sees him. It's her son ffs!
She's just impressed he turns out to be so handsome, that's all. I don't see it as flirting.
Old 2010-11-29, 19:04   Link #2686
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
His fault for choosing a slut for a wife.
Well, technically, I don't even think they're married. And jeez dude, calling her a slut is pretty harsh. As far as we know, she hasn't been with anyone else but Yamcha and Vegeta during the entire series...and it's not like she cheated on any of them (from what I remember, Yamcha cheated on her).

Quote:
Seriously, the woman flirts with/checks out Future Trunks every time she sees him. It's her son ffs!
Wow, I dunno...I did not see that as flirting at all.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:56   Link #2687
Vicious108

1. I was half-joking (though I guess I could've made it clearer). And yeah I know she's not an actual "wife" but lolsemantics.
2. The flirting part was not referring to this episode, since she only checked him out in this one. But I said "every time she sees him" for a reason; I was referring to their interaction back when she met him and Gohan when they were inspecting the time capsule Cell came from. IIRC she shows off and says something like "Tell me what you think seeing your mother all beautiful and young like this!" and Trunks totally looked away and blushed. There's definitely some dangerously incestuous sexual tension going on there!

And speaking of her "fine looking son". When he was stretched out before the TV I actually thought Trunks was Bulma there and was admiring "her" backside... Needlessly to say it got a bit awkward when the actual Bulma showed up.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 00:44   Link #2688
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I could understand Vegeta's feelings. I mean damn he's got his shirt off and all Bulma cares about is giving her son a haircut . But really considering he's kind of doomed the planet Vegeta deserves getting the cold shoulder. He's just lucky no one is going to tell Bulma that he actually attacked Trunks so he'd stop trying to get in Cell's way.

Think it's just Bulma being impressed. Her son wasn't born that long ago and now you see the older version right there. Talk about getting a free preview.
Old 2010-11-30, 01:07   Link #2689
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Wow, always been wanting to write a Jerry Spinger Kai fanfic, now I have the source material to do so.... thanks guys!!
Old 2010-11-30, 09:01   Link #2690
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
I don't remember the original DB having much issues with pacing in the first place though. I mean, things generally happened in each episode and fights weren't dragged out through overly long spans. I've never read the manga, but I'd wager it kept relatively close to the source material just by the feel of it.

But still, I guess it couldn't hurt to keep the nostalgia train running...and who knows, it might even bring new fans to the series as well.
There wasn't much of the ultra-extended fights style filler in Dragonball. Instead, they had more completely original material which tended to be boring as hell. I rewatched Dragonball around a year or two ago, and pretty much without fail if an episode was boring it was filler material not present in the manga. Toei really had some piss poor writers under their employ, like I know filler is usually not up to par with source material but they really took it to a new level in the Dragonball series.

As for the Bulma-Trunks stuff, I don't notice any flirting. I think it's just an awkward atmosphere, meeting a significantly younger version of your mother would be pretty weird.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 19:05   Link #2691
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
meeting a significantly younger version of your mother would be pretty weird.
Back to the Future de ja vu.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 04:03   Link #2692
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
There wasn't much of the ultra-extended fights style filler in Dragonball. Instead, they had more completely original material which tended to be boring as hell. I rewatched Dragonball around a year or two ago, and pretty much without fail if an episode was boring it was filler material not present in the manga. Toei really had some piss poor writers under their employ, like I know filler is usually not up to par with source material but they really took it to a new level in the Dragonball series.

As for the Bulma-Trunks stuff, I don't notice any flirting. I think it's just an awkward atmosphere, meeting a significantly younger version of your mother would be pretty weird.
Which is actually why I kind of liked the fillers. They had so many off-kilter, and 'THIS IS NOT DRAGONBALL!' moments, I laughed through a lot of the original broadcast. Also had a ton of fun discussing how ridiculous it all was with my elementary school classmates. Great memories.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 09:15   Link #2693
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, as a kid it really has no effect on you, it's all still fun. Re-watching it as an adult though, I could do without the filler.
Old 2010-12-03, 09:14   Link #2694
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Finally got my hands on the third soundtrack. So pleased that 'Heroic Face-off', the piece i've been loving since it was first used during Piccolo vs 17 is apart of it.
Old 2010-12-04, 00:15   Link #2695
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

What track was used for "Final Flash"?
Old 2010-12-04, 11:55   Link #2696
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Track 21: 勝利への一撃 lit. "The Single Blow of Triumph"

Amazon link
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 11:58   Link #2697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Track 21: 勝利への一撃 lit. "The Single Blow of Triumph"
The track title i have for it is 'One Hit To Victory'.
Old 2010-12-04, 12:09   Link #2698
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Sorry, my amateur translation vs. the official one
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 05:34   Link #2699
Samari
World's Greatest

So what's your overall feeling for the series? I started watching a little of Dragonball Kai went it first started airing, but found that I didn't like some of the changes they made. I'm glad they took out the filler...but I guess I still appreciated the vintage look it had. When Tenshinhan fired that Kikoho at Nappa and the screen shook or something...it looked really chessy. I think that is when I tuned out. The manga is still number one for me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 09:58   Link #2700
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
So what's your overall feeling for the series? I started watching a little of Dragonball Kai went it first started airing, but found that I didn't like some of the changes they made. I'm glad they took out the filler...but I guess I still appreciated the vintage look it had. When Tenshinhan fired that Kikoho at Nappa and the screen shook or something...it looked really chessy. I think that is when I tuned out. The manga is still number one for me.
It's everything Dragonball Z should have been. And I think you have some misconception, all of the animation in the series is from the original. The only new things are the music and the voice acting. They've done a great job cutting filler out, not every last filler scene is gone, but the pacing is far more exciting and up to par with the manga. Though if you're worried about cheesiness, not sure how you liked DBZ in the first place since it's a really cheesy show.