AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 13.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-08, 09:13   Link #101
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

This episode felt like an extended version of blues clues, nothing else outside of that really happened. Felt more like the recent PSP games rather then S1. Though I am glad at seeing more of the doctor~
Old 2013-09-08, 09:48   Link #102
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
For me, the anime original Railgun is the core, that was the beginning and the version I wholeheartedly love. I think this whole issue is similar the the concept of one's "own personal reality". So it is indeed personal opinion matter.
No, again I'm not talking about what you enjoy most about the series or the reason you watch it. The core of the series is a technical thing. The Sisters arc is the reason Railgun exists, and therefore is the core of the series.
Old 2013-09-08, 10:51   Link #103
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No, again I'm not talking about what you enjoy most about the series or the reason you watch it. The core of the series is a technical thing. The Sisters arc is the reason Railgun exists, and therefore is the core of the series.
But even if it's technical, one can look at it whatever way they wish. For me, the Sisters Arc is Index material, feels alien in the Railgun anime and is incompatible with everything Nagai and crew built up in season 1. It is not the core of the anime. The core of the anime is the 4 main heroines and their friendship.
With all my respect, I end this debate now. I'm glad for the new arc and want to enjoy it without looking back at the nonsense in the 1st part of the 2nd season of Railgun.

Last edited by AdmirerofSatenRuiko; 2013-09-08 at 11:09.
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 15:01   Link #104
FallenHero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
But even if it's technical, one can look at it whatever way they wish. For me, the Sisters Arc is Index material, feels alien in the Railgun anime and is incompatible with everything Nagai and crew built up in season 1. It is not the core of the anime. The core of the anime is the 4 main heroines and their friendship.
With all my respect, I end this debate now. I'm glad for the new arc and want to enjoy it without looking back at the nonsense in the 1st part of the 2nd season of Railgun.
I'm not here to argue; I just want you guys to take a look at this. "Death of The Author" is the closest thing that describes what you guys are debating about. Basically, the writer's interpretation of their own work (in this case the original author of the Index series) is no more valid than the interpretations of any of the audience. You both are technically right.
FallenHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 15:06   Link #105
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
I don't care what you prefer, I'm just saying it's impossible to do the series without the sisters arc, regardless of your (or mine or anyone else's personal preferences)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
I'm not here to argue; I just want you guys to take a look at this. "Death of The Author" is the closest thing that describes what you guys are debating about. Basically, the writer's interpretation of their own work (in this case the original author of the Index series) is no more valid than the interpretations of any of the audience. You both are technically right.
*facepalm*

No, again I'm not talking about any sort of "interpretation" of the work. I'm saying it's impossible not to do the sisters arc because it is absolutely essential to the storyline as well as the reason the sisters arc exists.
Old 2013-09-08, 15:58   Link #106
FallenHero

Quote:
*facepalm*

No, again I'm not talking about any sort of "interpretation" of the work. I'm saying it's impossible not to do the sisters arc because it is absolutely essential to the storyline as well as the reason the sisters arc exists.
I agree with you and I do understand that you were not talking about "interpretation". I was addressing you both and I felt like you guys were talking past each other. I do not agree at all with AdmirerofSatenRuiko, but I understand his position. He feels that the "core of the anime is the 4 main heroines and their friendship" which is perfectly valid even if his interpretation (or personal opinion if you prefer) is based on a flawed understanding of the work.

I feel like you guys are both right for different reasons. It seems like my attempt to sound neutral failed since you seemed to have taken what I said as me taking his side.

Last edited by FallenHero; 2013-09-08 at 16:11.
FallenHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 03:14   Link #107
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Just started watching this series but...in episode 20, how come Shirai Kuroko is able to teleport 2 people at once? (Both Saten and the little blonde girl). I thought her powers only limited her to teleport one person at a time with her?
Old 2013-10-02, 04:57   Link #108
Draco Spirit

Naa, she can do about 2 people plus herself, there a weight limit mentioned somewhere.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote