Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 16:07   Link #861
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuguryOfRuin View Post
frying any part of your brain would kill you extremely quick.
Well no, not any part. That's why lobotomized persons still live and still function as humans (sort of), and why people can take a bullet or two in the head and survive and so on. There's actually a lot of brain mass that you can lose without dying or even without particularly grave consequences.

If you want to be 100% sure to kill someone instantly, hit the thalamus or the hypothalamus.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:25   Link #862
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well no, not any part. That's why lobotomized persons still live and still function as humans (sort of), and why people can take a bullet or two in the head and survive and so on. There's actually a lot of brain mass that you can lose without dying or even without particularly grave consequences.

If you want to be 100% sure to kill someone instantly, hit the thalamus or the hypothalamus.
The novels make a brief mention of NerveGear canceling the true sense of touch at the medulla oblongata. If it's destroying only part of the brain, it's probably destroying that.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:57   Link #863
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuguryOfRuin View Post
Negative actually! Kirito used the nerve gear to log into ALO. Remember how in the bar they talk about kirito having to get new hardware and his friend just says "it woks with nerve gear too.".
Kirito was mentioned to use the NerveGear only up to that point though. We all know that. What nobody knew is what he did with the NG afterwards, since he's using AmusSphere now

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 19:56   Link #864
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Since its starting to become ineresting...
Was there any info about what happened to the Pkers from SAO afer they were logged out, in the Novel?
Like criminal charges and things.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 20:37   Link #865
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Was there any info about what happened to the Pkers from SAO afer they were logged out, in the Novel?
not directly

but there were comments about how Red and Yellow players were keep under observation and given counseling as needed.

Remember, the majority of the SAO players were under 18 and therefore under Japanese law not legally responsible for their action. All legal responsiblity were push onto Kayaba.

Even in the US if any red players were bought up on Murder charges, they would have good shot at beating those charges with a insanity plea.
Old 2014-08-02, 21:02   Link #866
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not directly

but there were comments about how Red and Yellow players were keep under observation and given counseling as needed.

Remember, the majority of the SAO players were under 18 and therefore under Japanese law not legally responsible for their action. All legal responsiblity were push onto Kayaba.

Even in the US if any red players were bought up on Murder charges, they would have good shot at beating those charges with a insanity plea.
Aehm actually Law only gives absolute protection from consequences to under 14 years old.
Juvenilles just get lower punishments. (Max punishment reduced by 1/2 in my country).
From the movie Kokuhaku I know its similar in Japan.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:40   Link #867
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I don't recall there ever being an age break down for SAO, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of SAO players were in their 20s and 30s. Sasha had twenty kids living at the church she'd set up as basically an orphanage, with estimated ages of 12-14. And she was pretty sure that was the majority of grade school and middle school aged players, with only exceptions getting used to the game and leaving the city.

Similarly when discussing the school that they go to after SAO, every time is specifies 'the middle school and highschool aged players of SAO', like that's the exception rather than the rule. Furthermore, it's stated that they only needed to take over a single abandoned school building to provide a facility for the student SAO survivors. Which is unlikely to accommodate more than a 1000 at best, and that's unlikely as it being abandoned due to consolidation suggests it was a smaller school whose population was moved to a larger school.

All told, the under 18 crowd of SAO probably numbered only 1000 at best I'd say.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 11:37   Link #868
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Novel said, court rule the company should bear 100% responsibility of all SAO players' death and thus PKers are free from guilt. but in VRMMO survivor school there are regular interview section done to students with higher frequency for those orange or such for their mentality check. well, the school itself is voluntary.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 22:20   Link #869
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Novel said, court rule the company should bear 100% responsibility of all SAO players' death and thus PKers are free from guilt. but in VRMMO survivor school there are regular interview section done to students with higher frequency for those orange or such for their mentality check. well, the school itself is voluntary.
I thought the PK-ers were going through a short time custody followed by compulsory mental counselling programs?

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 12:50   Link #870
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

This is a spoiler question!
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-18, 12:54   Link #871
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

"Kinda" is the only right answer.

But I'll go with "Yes" seeing as you don't want any more than that.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 13:19   Link #872
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
This is a spoiler question!
Spoiler:
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
"Kinda" is the only right answer.

But I'll go with "Yes" seeing as you don't want any more than that.
Spoiler for Next Arc:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 14:06   Link #873
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Yes

Spoiler for Next Arc:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-18, 14:16   Link #874
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:46   Link #875
Myradion

Second part of the second season?

Is it known which arc will be made as an anime after GGO.
Spoiler for how much of the LN has been used:

They could do Mothers Rosario and before that Caliber but i doubt it.

It would be possible to put the beginning of Underworld directly behind GGO while the people still remember the end of GGO.

So, does anyone know whats supposed to be next?
Myradion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 20:34   Link #876
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Phantom Bullet can't last another 2 or so episodes. Caliber and then Mother's Rosario is the most likely out-come.

Putting Alicizaiton right after Phantom Bullet would be pretty bad in my opinion.
Old 2014-09-13, 20:38   Link #877
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I doubt they'll put in Alicization. Is that story arc even finished in the novels?
Old 2014-09-13, 23:55   Link #878
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

No, but I estimate it would take two seasons to animate, after it's done. At the very least they'd need a 3-4 cour season, if they plan to go at it in one go.

There was a theory that they could finish off Season 2 with a cliffhanger that leads into Alicization though, by including only a single scene from the first book of that arc.
Old 2014-09-14, 04:46   Link #879
Myradion

Well they could do a cliffhanger with the reason why Kirito is going to Underworld (don't want to spoiler here). That would be quite a shock for the people not knowing the Light Novel...

But, Caliber is mainly about fighting so I dont know if the people want to see three(or four?) consecutive bossfights. Of course you could do the whole story how they came to know Tonkii, but still its aproximately 3 or 4 Episodes.

Then Mothers Rosario is a lot about Emotions and thinking. I cant really imagine that it could stretch over 8 Episodes or so.
Spoiler:

On the other Hand if they do the cliffhanger they could start to tell the beginning of Project Alicization. A single scene would be weird since the people wouldnt have any possibility to guess what will happen.
Spoiler:

Well anyway there is only one way to find out.
Myradion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 05:26   Link #880
Parousia

Getting a bit curious here...

Which would you guys prefer Caliber or Mother's Rosario?

Tags
q&a