Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-29, 10:46   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 454 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
*spoiler summary*
Quote:
-Ginjou leads Ichigo to a secret hideout

-Ginjou reveals the truth of Tsukishima's ability

-Ginjou and Ichigo vow to kill Tsukishima

-Yukio finds Ginjou and Ichigo

-Yukio leads them to Tsukishima's location at a large home/mansion
Old 2011-06-29, 10:52   Link #2
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Wow it's been so long since Bleach was actually good.
Old 2011-06-29, 11:11   Link #3
sayde

So Ichigo's now gone from trying to slay hollows and spiritual beings to trying to slay a living human being. (It's a slippery slope, isn't it?)

It's all coming together for me. From Ichigo choosing to seek out forbidden power (by acquiring both hollow and shinigami powers) to Rukia's brief words back in chapter 438 (ie: "Of course not? Ichigo would never..."), to finally going off the deep-end by deciding to murder a resident of the living world. Central 46 isn't going to like this at all. At least, I'd like to think so for the sake of making this more interesting. If Ichigo thought having his friends and family turn against him was rough enough, I can't imagine how messed up he'd become if all the shinigami were forced to turn against him . Granted it wouldn't be the first time it happened, but it would be the first time he'd lack a decent argument to support his actions.

PS: I'm glad we learned about Tsukishima's ability this chapter, but I hope Ichigo kills this guy soon.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-06-29 at 11:38.
Old 2011-06-29, 11:17   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Wow it's been so long since Bleach was actually good.
That was good?

Felt like the whole chapter spent time on dialogue that could have been done in one or two pages.
Old 2011-06-29, 11:53   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was good?

Felt like the whole chapter spent time on dialogue that could have been done in one or two pages.
Pretty much. The only truly interesting pages were the first two (which should have been combined into one, since they're showing the same damn thing anyway) showing Isshin wielding that etheral sword.

Kubo's ability to waste pages never fail to amaze me. It's like a freaking superpower he's got.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:11   Link #6
Fran~
floating away...

Last week i posted that i would say if the ch453 was good or bad based on this chapter...
Well... IT WAS FULL OF SH*T.

We're stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:15   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kubo's ability to waste pages never fail to amaze me. It's like a freaking superpower he's got.
Agreed...Still, these wasted pages were a hell of a lot better than many of the wasted pages in previous chapters. More than anything, Kubo is working on the mood of the arc. As tensions were risen last chapter over Tsukishima, this chapter was amping up Ginjou (adding yet more evidence to the speculation that he could be evil), with multiple close-ups and convincing Ichigo to kill a human.

That being said, even if it is a little wasteful, the chapter was still fun, and if this is Tsukishima's ability, then it is quite interesting and powerful (who else thinks it would be cool if Tsukishima could erase people from his victim’s past? What if he could erase Ichigo from one of the characters past? What would Tatsuki be without Ichigo? Or Karin? Or even Orihime?...What if he could erase Rukia from Ichigo's past?)

And, of course, one of the more interesting developments was the brief glimpse of Ishida...
Old 2011-06-29, 12:15   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

....They're dragging it again.
Would've been better if Kubo actually showed Tsukishima with his 'just-as-planned' face than doing it like this. Then again, he probably saved it for the next chapter final panel
Quote:
And, of course, one of the more interesting developments was the brief glimpse of Ishida...
Don't forget Urahara and Isshin

Old 2011-06-29, 12:18   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pretty much. The only truly interesting pages were the first two (which should have been combined into one, since they're showing the same damn thing anyway) showing Isshin wielding that etheral sword.

Yes on both accounts, 1st couple of pages were best yet they should have been thrown together as it's a waste.

It is shocking how he manages to waste so many pages.

All the tension from last chapter is gone and we're left as is said "middle of nowhere"
Old 2011-06-29, 12:23   Link #10
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was good?

I just read last weeks and this weeks chapter together. It gets better when you read it in bulk.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:28   Link #11
kakakka

I don't feel the wasted pages complain. This is like transition to a decisive battle. Any calm/clear atmosphere is not bad.

If nothing happened on the next chapter, then that I'll understand the complains.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:32   Link #12
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
If nothing happened on the next chapter, then that I'll understand the complains.
Nothing happens since the previous arc!
We don't know if Tsukishima is an enemy or not...
Old 2011-06-29, 12:32   Link #13
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, and since he didn't seem to be affected before it'll be interesting to see what he does. Maybe being a Quincy renders him immune to Fullbring abilities. It'd be nice if he clashed with Ichigo, not as a "zombie slave", but as a human protecting another human (or Ichigo's "humanity").

By the way, Ginjo, if they aren't zombies then why were they all chanting in unison? "Ichigo... Ichigo..." etc. Feels awful zombie-ish to me.

PS: I forgot what Fullbring was called for about two minutes while typing this. That's how slow this arc has gone.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:35   Link #14
Proof

Who knows, maybe Ichigo and Ginjou really are the insane ones and they have simply forgot all about their good friend Tsukishima
Old 2011-06-29, 12:54   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
We don't know if Tsukishima is an enemy or not...
Why is that bad? For so long the story was simply "Aizen bad! Kill!! KILL!!!", now that there is a little mystery there is actual suspense. Tsukishima and Ginjou's motivations are unknown and possibly extremely harmful to Ichigo. The fact that Ichigo doesn't know what's going on just makes the story (even if it is very slow) all the more interesting.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:54   Link #16
Laid back Captain

I kind of like the change of pace. In FKT it was just battle after battle. (not that I don'tlike that but it felt like time to go back to story telling) Don't worry, well get to the bloody part soon enough! But I highly agree with the wasted pages. But I still think, there's more to tsukishima's power than revealed up until now.. there has got to be something else.

-yay! my first post on this forum!!
Old 2011-06-29, 13:19   Link #17
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why is that bad?
Isn't bad per se, perhaps i used a bad example. Perhaps a better example is Urahara and Isshin... from the very beginning we don't know what they're doing.

I know that this is very subjective, perhaps in another manga i could agree with you. But in Bleach, after hundreds of chapters, i can't.
Old 2011-06-29, 13:26   Link #18
MinuSeveN
Lurker with free time

If the next chapter is full of talk and no fighting, I'm gonna... I'm gonna ... do something awful! I'll rip a plushie to threads, I swear it!

It fells like Kubo could have put something more in the pages he drew. A lot was just plain black and white backgrounds. It's disappointing.
The story got better at least. The "can you do this horrible thing?" is an improvement, and Tsukishima's powers (if that's all of them) exceeded my expectations. Also, Urahara and Isshin's little scene was good, if too vague. We got no freaking clue of what they're doing, and I can't say if that a good thing or a "deus ex", which would be bad.

What are they up to anyway?
Old 2011-06-29, 13:52   Link #19
Aqua Knight

Wow, Ichigo wants to kill a living being? Unexpected, and I too agree on wasted pages. Kubo just draws big panels with white walls and speech bubbles. Compared to previous chapter, this one is just bad.
Old 2011-06-29, 13:53   Link #20
Alchemist007
*Author

Goddamn trolled again.

"Hey guys want to know who the hidden shinigami is?"

"Do ya?"

"DO YA?!!"

*cut to next scene*

Another chapter that's unparodiable by itself.