AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2003-11-03, 19:45   Link #1
kakashi222

Discuss your favorite anime/jpop/jrock song

When posting in this thread please explain, justify or describe the choice of your favourite jpop artist or/and jrock band.

Just posting the name of your favourite artist is easy and rather pointless, that's why you are requested to explain, justify or describe so that a real discussion takes place. Please do not just post lists or reply with "I like xxx" or "xxx is my favourite" one-liners.

End of edit by Mod (xris)

Mine has to be the intro from hajime no ippo. I mean it was sooo catchy and cool, sounded like something out of a rocky movie

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-17 at 16:10.
kakashi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 19:51   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Ending theme from Alien nine. (actually not the ending with the credits, since there is not Ending song for that anime..)
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:05   Link #3
pantsu
station!!

probably the techno mix of "Eternal Snow" from full moon wo sagashite.

I also really like the 2 ED to Inuyasha and the into to full metal panic? fummofu
pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:05   Link #4
XbladE
うたまるのだいすきなネコカン

It's "Catch me Catch you" (Card Captor Sakura, firts Intro) for me. It's just great and I'm always singing along with it.
XbladE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:18   Link #5
aiwa

Send a message via AIM to aiwa
Gunslinger Girl Opening "the light before we land" by the delgadoes, but since i love the delgadoes anyways i guess it shouldn't count... Hmm I would have to say other then that, Green Green TV opening, I can't help but sing along to it everytimg I watch a new episode.
aiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:20   Link #6
squonjon
わからなくなる

I was going to say Beagle, the OP of Kokoro Library, but Flash_Squirrel's quite right: Alien 9 takes the biscuit.
squonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:31   Link #7
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonjon
I was going to say Beagle, the OP of Kokoro Library, but Flash_Squirrel's quite right: Alien 9 takes the biscuit.
Sad, sad ending, loved that song, couldnt be better.
It suits the mood like a handcuff.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:40   Link #8
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

The OP to Dragon Half, It may not be the best but I can always remember it and it makes me happy evry time I hear it. Therefor it is my favorite even tho its probably not the best anime song I'v heard.
Dark_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:51   Link #9
<^UmAyR^>
Naruto Sensei

I really like Viva Rock for the new naruto ending, and also Wind, the first naruto ending, but the best so far, is Cowboy Bebop intro, very funky music
<^UmAyR^> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:58   Link #10
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Damn, just one track?

At the moment tying are:

Zankoku na tenshi no thesis - Eva OP
To the Light - Star Ocean EX OP
Yakusoku nando iranai (sp?) - Escaflowne OP
Inner Universe - GITS SAC OP
RahXephon OP (Forgot the name!)

Erm I'll leave it there but there are many more!
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 21:00   Link #11
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Gotta love Haruka Kanata (Naruto's 2nd op), Kaneda (from Akira) and Call Me Call Me (from Cowboy Bebop). Actually, I can't decide what's my favorite anime song... there's so many besides these, such as Ohayou from Hunter x Hunter, Driver's High from Great Teacher Onizuka and Fish from One Piece...
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 21:18   Link #12
Danny Boy

Hello, I just registered, and this seems to be a good place to start.

Good question. My musical tastes come and go, usually following whatever anime show I'm watching at the time. I remember the time where I'm infatuated with music from shows like Ranma 1/2, Devil Hunter Yohko, DNA^2 and Kimagure Orange Road. Now I can't get enough of Mikuni Shimokawa's songs in Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

But if I really were forced to choose my favorite, I'd probably say Do You Remember Love by Mari Iijima for the anime OAV/Movie Macross: Do You Remember Love? The Macross shows has always had great music. Probably because of the basic theme of the story, protoculture and all that.

BTW, tsurumaru, I also like Yakusoku wa Iranai from Escaflowne. And the Rahxephon OP is Hemisphere, sung by Maaya Sakamoto. It says so here in my Winamp.
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 21:58   Link #13
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy

BTW, tsurumaru, I also like Yakusoku wa Iranai from Escaflowne. And the Rahxephon OP is Hemisphere, sung by Maaya Sakamoto. It says so here in my Winamp.
Hi Danny Boy, Nice to meet you! Animesuki forum e yokouso (Welcome to the Animesuki forums)

Thanks for the reminder - "Hemisphere" completely slipped my mind (I could remember "Tune the rainbow" from the RahXephon Movie but not the series' song's name! Thanks )

I think Maaya Sakamoto's voice is beautiful in these songs, so really like them.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 21:59   Link #14
galadriel
always clueless!!!

Ending theme for Groove Adventures of Rave - Hikousen
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:07   Link #15
KamelRed
I put the z0r in w00t.

Opening theme for Ghost in the Shell TV series with the first opening for Hajime no Ippo being very close to being my all time favorite.
KamelRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:11   Link #16
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Dark_Voodoo the ending to dragon half was funny aswel!!^_^ although its not my fav...OMG trying to choose a fav, thats absurd...i liked the seatbealts i think thats em they did alot of cowboy bebop music. Excel saga OP is kool but can get annoying after a while...shoot my fav is ermm....OOOO i really liked the ending to kiddy grade that was good.o yeah the first ending to angelic layer....ooo god i cant choose one so i will just not post anymore songs i like lol
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:33   Link #17
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I like the opening to the get backers
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:39   Link #18
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Haruka Kanata(2nd Naruto opening), Owaranai Yume(? Inu yasha opening), Sore ga ai deshou?(FMP?F opening),Spiral ending(forgot the name...), Pray(Hunter x Hunter OVA opening).
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:43   Link #19
Chicken

4Peace By Ichiko - Opening of Maburaho and Little by Little by Tasuku - 3rd opening of Naruto
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:50   Link #20
Amok
(ey'mok)

Duvet - Opening song for Serial Experiments Lain, easily. Fell in love with that song the first time I listened to it.
Amok is offline   Reply With Quote